PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > UFC Personal Trainer
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-01-2011, 07:27 PM   #1
Vacik Dris
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to Vacik Dris

Vaciks Ghost's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Workout...

Good lord, this thing is a murder simulator. On the first day I did a couple of the individual exercises and activities to get a feel for things and work up a little sweat. On the second day I decided to start one of the workout programs (30-Day Cut Weight). Whew...I was *not* ready for this. Bicycle crunches, V-Sit-ups (or something like that) and lunges with a 90-degree body sweep. I thought I was going to die! Ha ha. It seriously puts you to the task if you're out of shape, as I am.

If you're looking to get the most out of this thing, I'd recommend knocking out a bunch of the individual workouts and hitting as many activities as you can stand before going into the workout programs. I mean, if you're fit, you'll be able to do it, no problem...but I'm already dreading having to do it again today. Ha ha. Can't wait to see if I get better at them as I go along.

(In regards to the lunges with 90-degree body sweep...they're only difficult because the game doesn't recognize when I stand back in the start position, which requires me to jump to have it move to the next step before a red arrow appears. :/)
Vacik Dris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:00 PM   #2
SoCalBourne

SoCalBourne's Gamercard
This post makes me happy!!!! LOL Thanks for the info. I can't wait to start one of the 30 day programs myself this weekend and power through it. I have a personal trainer and have gotten pretty fit since the 1st of the year but I still have a good 10 pounds to lose and was at a loss for what to switch up to get more cardio and variety in. I'm way excited for this game and all it challenges.
SoCalBourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:26 PM   #3
Ellerkermike371
Banned User

ellerkermike38's Gamercard
Is this game has the same feature of EA sports MMA?
Ellerkermike371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:30 PM   #4
flOOfgOOfer360

TWO flOOf's Gamercard
the routines are a good workout, this is true. I am hoping to read more success stories like yours. Mine has been bad luck, really bad. But I WANT the game to work! boohoo,,, lol
flOOfgOOfer360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:20 AM   #5
slapp77

SlaPP77's Gamercard
I agree, great work out, I'm in the same boat out of shape after letting myself go after the military. It does have problems reading you on some of the excercises. The one that always messes up for me are the wiper leg lifts.
slapp77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:08 AM   #6
Guilty Trace

Guilty Trace's Gamercard
I was getting pissed that the game wouldn't recognize my lunges. I tried turning in the same direction and angle as the guy on screen and it just refused to read anything. I ended up standing way back until my figure in the octagon was red, and lunging straight forward. I turned green and it read me pretty good doing it that way. This game is pretty sweet, but I always moan and groan when he says "Let's do some old-fashioned push-ups!"

Guilty Trace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:03 AM   #7
AiriZona11

AiriZona11's Gamercard
This does have some serious intensity to it over any fitness game i've played so far.
AiriZona11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:18 AM   #8
Ellerkermike371
Banned User

ellerkermike38's Gamercard
Can I play this game with a 360 controlleror is it need to buy something for the game?
Ellerkermike371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:47 AM   #9
Minty

Send a message via MSN to Minty Send a message via Skype™ to Minty

Minty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   15,000 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 MVP   Donator - Level 5   x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellerkermike371 View Post
Can I play this game with a 360 controlleror is it need to buy something for the game?
It's a Kinect game....guess what you need

Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:50 AM   #10
Blackest Metal

Darth Stinkius's Gamercard
Im still sore from the fitness test yesterday so didnt play it today haha. I can see this game will really help with cutting weight if I can stick with it

Blackest Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:58 AM   #11
Quagmire3540

Quagmire3540's Gamercard
I have finished 3 days of the 60 day program and I agree it's vicious but after doing it for the past two days on the third day I was less sore. V-ups are a b****.. But ultimately I am pleased thus far, you will only get out what you put in.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:54 PM   #12
ufc fan andy

Andy UFC fan's Gamercard
i have tried twice doing endurance 30 days and stopped halfway through both times! Push ups i can't do! Will start programs in a few weeks after i get back to weights and buy some supplements.
ufc fan andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:49 PM   #13
AiriZona11

AiriZona11's Gamercard
I think i'm going to start the Strength program today.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:29 AM   #14
Runny

Runny452's Gamercard
good to know you guys like it. May have to get it myself
Runny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:24 AM   #15
JeJans

Je Jans's Gamercard
The game have been delayed here in EU! iīm not sure to what date, all from 13th-15th are announced at different sites. Please make it be the 13th. waited long enough
JeJans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:41 PM   #16
ufc fan andy

Andy UFC fan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeJans View Post
The game have been delayed here in EU! iīm not sure to what date, all from 13th-15th are announced at different sites. Please make it be the 13th. waited long enough
Could have got one from Australia off ebay or an online store? Im starting the exercises and the hurdle hop is pissing me off. I do it the same way every time and the 1st 3-5 work perfect than one wont count and after that none usually count , restarted 4 times before i turned it off. Hope there isnt any more problems like this!
ufc fan andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:03 PM   #17
JeJans

Je Jans's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufc fan andy View Post
Could have got one from Australia off ebay or an online store? Im starting the exercises and the hurdle hop is pissing me off. I do it the same way every time and the 1st 3-5 work perfect than one wont count and after that none usually count , restarted 4 times before i turned it off. Hope there isnt any more problems like this!
Donīt know if itīs region free.... and yes i could but how can i know that it would be delayed. Itīs already paid to :/
JeJans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:20 PM   #18
H0p3sfalL

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellerkermike371 View Post

LOL. This gave me a good laugh.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:06 PM   #19
Vacik Dris
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to Vacik Dris

Vaciks Ghost's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Just a heads up to all of my fellow folks being kicked into submission by UFC Personal Trainer. Yesterday, I was doing the "Good, old-fashioned push-ups" and, when I finished, the Kinect had to re-find me ("Player 1, where'd you go?" or whatever). Once it did, and asked me to punch to get back into the routine, it froze on me. I was able to repeat this after I reloaded the game.

Basically, if you know it's going to ask you to punch, take your time and give it a second to think before you do so. I was punching *at the moment* the game was even thinking about asking me to punch. I don't know if it'll do this every time, but twice was enough for me. Be careful or you'll have to do a double workout!!
Vacik Dris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:08 PM   #20
EatSleepDreamAchievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacik Dris View Post
Just a heads up to all of my fellow folks being kicked into submission by UFC Personal Trainer. Yesterday, I was doing the "Good, old-fashioned push-ups" and, when I finished, the Kinect had to re-find me ("Player 1, where'd you go?" or whatever). Once it did, and asked me to punch to get back into the routine, it froze on me. I was able to repeat this after I reloaded the game.

Basically, if you know it's going to ask you to punch, take your time and give it a second to think before you do so. I was punching *at the moment* the game was even thinking about asking me to punch. I don't know if it'll do this every time, but twice was enough for me. Be careful or you'll have to do a double workout!!

Just happened to me after I had to go get some additional water. WTF, I'm soooo pissed off now, 2/3 through a workout.
EatSleepDreamAchievements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:49 AM   #21
Guilty Trace

Guilty Trace's Gamercard
You don't want to exercise cold muscles!

Guilty Trace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:55 AM   #22
AiriZona11

AiriZona11's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatSleepDreamAchievements View Post
Just happened to me after I had to go get some additional water. WTF, I'm soooo pissed off now, 2/3 through a workout.

This happened to me on exercise 18/19 I was so pissed. But when I reloaded it I just skipped to where I left off and it still registered as a day completed.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:58 PM   #23
imaidiot

imaidiot19's Gamercard
I just love how after arm circles it says, your heart should really be pumping now...lol. I wish they would have spent more time on the warm ups and cool downs, and also had the trainers record something meaningful. Counting down when stretching or warming up would have been at least something to fill in dead space, and would sound a lot better than them repeating the same thing for every move. Once I complete all of the moves, I am going to turn off the trainer sound.

Counting during workouts would be nice too, especially on sit ups and ab exercises. Nothing worse than straining to see if the kinect is registering your moves only to find out that last one you did while looking up didn't count.

I am all for doing more reps, but yesterday, when doing upright rows, i had to do about 50 reps to get it to almost get to 20...and still failed the exercise. If the trainer would actually tell you what you are doing wrong, instead of just standing there saying 'almost done', then it would help out tons.
imaidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:29 PM   #24
Blue Thunder28

Blue Thunder28's Gamercard
I get more of a workout from repeating everything 100 times because the game isn't registering my actions. (ankle sweep, jumping jacks and a lot of the ground exercises were terrible for this) I usually have to cheat it just so I don't fail the workout then I do the real workout later.

Blue Thunder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:47 PM   #25
MH Maximus

MH Maximus's Gamercard
Stretching will reduce muscle soreness after that intense workout
MH Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:54 AM   #26
SteveAllen

Stretching is good exercise and i also do some stretching exercises because stretching is good for body and has many benefits. Yoga is one of the most effective stretching exercise. It is good to do stretching exercises after intense workout.
Brienshamp Boot Camp

Last edited by SteveAllen; 02-15-2014 at 06:10 AM.
SteveAllen is offline   Reply With Quote