PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dark Souls
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-15-2011, 05:49 PM   #31
Gilbot99

Gilbot99's Gamercard
I haven't played Demon's Souls before. Is Dark Souls stand alone or will I miss a part of the storyline?
Gilbot99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:58 PM   #32
Echilion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilbot99 View Post
I haven't played Demon's Souls before. Is Dark Souls stand alone or will I miss a part of the storyline?
Stands alone, and not much of a story anyway/
Echilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:28 PM   #33
Dark Anaconda

My friend completed this game to 1000G now ,he got this on the release date.

Does this mean ,this game is not that hard as it sounds like?

I have no problems with hard games ,i enjoying them ,im just still wondering if there is a difference between dark souls and demon souls.
Dark Anaconda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:34 PM   #34
Echilion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Anaconda View Post
My friend completed this game to 1000G now ,he got this on the release date.

Does this mean ,this game is not that hard as it sounds like?

I have no problems with hard games ,i enjoying them ,im just still wondering if there is a difference between dark souls and demon souls.
It is hard, but not to the extent the reviewers are describing. It is very fair, so majority of your deaths will be your fault...not because of cheap AI, or broken controls, etc.

Dark Souls is pretty much "Demons Souls 2". The basic differences are, Dark Souls lost soul form, world tendencies, the nexus portals, but added covenants and is more open world. I'm probably forgetting something though
Old 10-28-2011, 02:05 AM   #35
grimfaerie

Send a message via AIM to grimfaerie

grimfaerie's Gamercard
i dont think the achievements are bad on this at all n.n; most of them you can achieve through your first playthrough. then its just mopping up and yes :c thanks sif i don't want to beat you up 3 times -sniffles-.
hardest game to ever 100% prolly still belongs to mushhimesama futari, youtube hardest shmup boss or something to that effect haha ._.; yeah.

i was expecting them to be a lot more time consuming collecting stuff.
grimfaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:50 AM   #36
Dark Anaconda

hey echillion thank you for the answer.

I don`t like the gameplay of dark souls that much but i love it because it sounds interesting and completing it will be satisfying too.

Thanks again.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:16 PM   #37
QCteamkill

QCteamkill's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echilion View Post
As of right now, I am finding this is a bit harder than DmC4.
Seriously?

I got "The best of the rest", "A cut above" and "A stunning feat" in DMC4, and I got "Way of the Master Ninja" in NG2, dark souls is a walk in the park to compare.

Anybody could Farm/Glitch for souls to raise his level over 200 and breeze his way through.
QCteamkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:26 PM   #38
Echilion

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCteamkill View Post
Seriously?

I got "The best of the rest", "A cut above" and "A stunning feat" in DMC4, and I got "Way of the Master Ninja" in NG2, dark souls is a walk in the park to compare.

Anybody could Farm/Glitch for souls to raise his level over 200 and breeze his way through.
Yes. But then again I'm a nut for the DMC series, and after 3...I found 4 to be a breeze. This game requires a different playstyle, one I'm not used to, which is why I found it harder.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:10 PM   #39
Dark Anaconda

Knights Honour: 25G

Acquire all rare weapons

To obtain all of the rare weapons, you must do a minimum 3 playthroughs for boss souls as well as cut the tails off applicable bosses and scour the world for all of the weapons. Once you have a boss soul, you need to get a specific weapon and talk with the Giant Smith in Anor Londo next to Ornstein and Smough's room.

So you have to make a minimum of 3 playtroughs...i will make 4 playtroughs because i don`t want to look at the achievements when i play this game in my first playtrough.

I want to know if you can keep your "Level" when you play a NG+ game.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:39 PM   #40
DreamingEvangelion

Leprachaun xl's Gamercard
Quote:

Yeah you keep your level, all your weapons, and most items. Lose a few keys and the rite of kindling and thats about it.
DreamingEvangelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:57 AM   #41
Dark Anaconda

Perfect Answer @DreamingEvangelion. Thank you so much.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:33 PM   #42
SmS

Send a message via Skype™ to SmS

S1mmas's Gamercard
Do i need to get all spells in one playthrough or it can be done in few?
SmS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:26 PM   #43
Echilion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmS View Post
Do i need to get all spells in one playthrough or it can be done in few?
Multiple playthroughs.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #44
SuPaDuPaPsychoo

xKyuubiNarutox's Gamercard
Here's what I know.
Miracles, sorceries, and pyromancies you can get along multiple characters, it's a glitch that happens to 1/5 people. Knight's Honour wasn't actually hard, the only problem I had was the Stone Greatshield, I literally farmed for a hour and only got nine Greatswords. All key items but master key, are taken from you. And the blacksmiths need the ember again.

In my opinion, the worst slab I hated the most, was the Blue Slab. Hated that since I have a phobia of heights.

Retail 100%:5
Arcade 100%:8
SuPaDuPaPsychoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:02 PM   #45
SuPaDuPaPsychoo

xKyuubiNarutox's Gamercard
Quote:
Knights Honour: 25G

Acquire all rare weapons

To obtain all of the rare weapons, you must do a minimum 3 playthroughs for boss souls as well as cut the tails off applicable bosses and scour the world for all of the weapons. Once you have a boss soul, you need to get a specific weapon and talk with the Giant Smith in Anor Londo next to Ornstein and Smough's room.

So you have to make a minimum of 3 playtroughs...i will make 4 playtroughs because i don`t want to look at the achievements when i play this game in my first playtrough.

This is what you should do, at Andre of Astora, makes all the weapons you need to +10. After that, wait until you have all the Demon Souls to make them, boom those are done.

Retail 100%:5
Arcade 100%:8
SuPaDuPaPsychoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:27 AM   #46
Darkrain

Katzengott's Gamercard
Does anybody know if they will ad new achievements for the upcoming DLC?
Old 10-20-2012, 11:58 PM   #47
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrain View Post
Does anybody know if they will ad new achievements for the upcoming DLC?
Nobody knows yet. But it isn't likely since the Artorias of the Abyss content is already included with the Prepare to Die Edition on PC, and it doesn't add any new ones there. The new rare weapons, pyromancies, and sorceries don't count towards the original achievement requirements in that version either. So it looks like the DLC is just going to be for fans that want to enjoy it. It won't be required or add any new gamerscore. That's what every source I've read has indicated anyway. It's supposed to be available next Tuesday. So we'll know for sure then.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:48 PM   #48
shawn006

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodGodAlucard View Post
Nobody knows yet. But it isn't likely since the Artorias of the Abyss content is already included with the Prepare to Die Edition on PC, and it doesn't add any new ones there. The new rare weapons, pyromancies, and sorceries don't count towards the original achievement requirements in that version either. So it looks like the DLC is just going to be for fans that want to enjoy it. It won't be required or add any new gamerscore. That's what every source I've read has indicated anyway. It's supposed to be available next Tuesday. So we'll know for sure then.
It's really their loss if they don't add them. I have the game on all three platforms (360 because I like achievements, PS3 because the community is larger but I don't care about trophies, and PC because I couldn't wait for the new content), and I'd buy the DLC for the 360 if it had achievements. If there are no achievements, it's just a PS3 purchase for me because I don't really play the 360 version of the game despite the 360 being my main console.
shawn006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:07 PM   #49
BloodGodAlucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn006 View Post
It's really their loss if they don't add them. I have the game on all three platforms (360 because I like achievements, PS3 because the community is larger but I don't care about trophies, and PC because I couldn't wait for the new content), and I'd buy the DLC for the 360 if it had achievements. If there are no achievements, it's just a PS3 purchase for me because I don't really play the 360 version of the game despite the 360 being my main console.
I know what you mean. I want to play the new content too. (I actually just started my playthrough a couple days ago to get ready for it.) But if it doesn't add any new achievements I might hold off on getting it for a while. I have to manage my money for the upcoming holiday releases and shopping. So this might unfortunately end up being a "Wait for a Deal of the Week" situation for me. That's not to say that I would pass up the content if it didn't add gamerscore. It's just that I want to complete the game 100% before moving on to a new game. So if the DLC added new achievements my gamer OCD would make me download it right away to get my completion back. That isn't always the case with me. But this game is going to be a very proud completion for me. So I want it to remain intact when I finally achieve it.

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
Old 01-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #50
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I guess this would go here?

I need tips for Sif. I can get him to just under half or so HP each time I fight him but end up dying. I've watched Youtube videos and it looks like he stands still a lot more for them and they're rolling under attacks that are hitting me. That could all just be wrong but is there any tips other than standing close to him because that isn't working for me?
Dog Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:31 PM   #51
BloodGodAlucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face View Post
I guess this would go here?

I need tips for Sif. I can get him to just under half or so HP each time I fight him but end up dying. I've watched Youtube videos and it looks like he stands still a lot more for them and they're rolling under attacks that are hitting me. That could all just be wrong but is there any tips other than standing close to him because that isn't working for me?
Sif is a really easy boss if you know how to approach the fight and are properly prepared. He is very weak to pyromancy and lightning damage. So if you have a fully ascended flame +5, use Great Combustion, Great Chaos Fireball, Giant Fireball, Firestorm, and Fire Tempest. Any combination of those will wreck his health bar.

If that's not an option, try to get a high level lightning weapon. If you haven't made it to Anor Londo yet, you can get a lightning spear from the mimic in the bottom of Sen's Fortress. If you want to tank him, you'll need a high stability shield and heavy armor to avoid damage. Any greatshield and Havel's Armor/Stone Warrior Armor/Smough's Armor will work great here.

For faith builds, you can hit him with a barrage of Lightning Spears and Sunlight Spears. Sorcerers can assault him with Crystal Soul Mass, Crystal Soul Spear, and other spells. Any high level DPS spells will be very useful against this boss.

If you're not able to use any of those strategies and are more of an agile fighter, you can use the Dark Wood Grain Ring with low equip burden from equipping light armor. The invincibility frames from the "ninja flip" will make his swirling attacks worthless. You can also combine this strategy with a buff build. Using a fast weapon like the Balder Side Sword or a katana with darkmoon blade, sunlight blade, crystal magic weapon, or gold pine resin will decimate him.

Hopefully these tips will help you.

Here's more information from the wiki for you to use.

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Great+Grey+Wolf+Sif

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/sif-the-great-grey-wolf/

Good luck.

Old 01-06-2013, 02:40 PM   #52
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Thanks Blood. I'll try the last option first. Then if I don't get it to work here I'll head to Sen's Fortress since I haven't done that. I guess I'll have to ring the second bell first though.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:10 PM   #53
BloodGodAlucard

Quote:
Thanks Blood. I'll try the last option first. Then if I don't get it to work here I'll head to Sen's Fortress since I haven't done that. I guess I'll have to ring the second bell first though.
Sounds like a good choice. I wasn't sure how far along you were in the game. You really don't have to fight Sif at this point unless you want to. If you're really struggling against him, you can grind in the Darkroot Garden. (I'm assuming you used the shortcut with the Crest of Artorias instead of going the long way around.) You can run circles here by the hidden bonfire to rack up 6,000 souls (7,000 if you include the optional Bandit in every run. I wouldn't since he can get stuck and mess up the pathing of the other enemies.) in under a minute. Do that for as long as you want until you can level up and buy everything you want. This is an excellent way to max out the pyromancy glove in the first few hours of the game if you're having a very hard time. You can also use this method to do insane level grinding so you can walk through the game with no problem.

I wouldn't recommend doing that on your first playthrough though. A large part of the enjoyment of the Souls games comes from the struggle. The feeling of accomplish you get after triumphing over a boss or area that you've been stuck on for ages is amazing. It's a very rewarding game because of that.

Here's a link to a really great guide that might help you if you get stuck. I love this guy's videos. He has a lot of excellent Dark Souls content. I highly recommend watching his stuff. It helped me a lot on my first few playthroughs of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...LsccBQ_6b3VaLP

Here is the video showing how to do the grinding method I mentioned earlier.

EDIT: Just bear in mind that if you follow this guide, be conscious of the fact that this was made before the latest patch. So the DWGR has been nerfed. So you can no longer use it with heavy armor like Seraphim does. But the advice he gives is still very accurate and helpful.

Last edited by BloodGodAlucard; 01-06-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #54
KillerBEA

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA 91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Quote:
Something I would like to note, that I had insane trouble with Sif especially my first playthrough, latter 2 times were cake though. The difference for me was getting a shield with 100% physical block.

Once you get through Sen's fortress talk to the merchant in the tower at the end of the fortress, (you have to jump a gap to get to him) buy the Balder's shield from him. It has 100% physical block as long as you have the endurance to block it and since Sif does only physical damage. That type of shield is great for her.
KillerBEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:52 PM   #55
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Thanks for all the help. I killed him a few days ago.

Which Greatsword of Artorias is the better option?

Last edited by Dog Face; 01-16-2013 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-17-2013, 04:48 AM   #56
BloodGodAlucard

Quote:
Thanks for all the help. I killed him a few days ago.

Which Greatsword of Artorias is the better option?
Congrats on killing Sif.

That's really a matter of personal preference. Here are the stats for each one. Give them a look and decide which will benefit your build more.

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/...rd+of+Artorias

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/...s+%28Cursed%29

I like the non-cursed version personally. But you really need to spec a build completely around using it because of the scaling. If you don't, then you won't get the benefit of the maximum DPS. They each have their own strengths that are unique to them too. The non-curse sword deals extra damage to Darkwraiths while the cursed version deals damage to ghosts. So you'll no longer need transient curses to engage them. That's true of any cursed or ghost weapon though. So that wouldn't be a deciding factor for me.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:14 AM   #57
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

The cursed one would probably be better since I don't have any points in INT or Faith which the other seems to scale with the most.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:51 PM   #58
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
ok.. got my estus flask issue sorted out.. didn't realize certain bonfires only restore certain amounts of flasks.. still learning!

of course I just bought soul arrow.. but i can't seem to use it.. I have the required int of 10.. and i set it to an attunement slot.. any advice?

Last edited by Xenolith666; 08-27-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #59
BloodGodAlucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenolith666 View Post
ok.. got my estus flask issue sorted out.. didn't realize certain bonfires only restore certain amounts of flasks.. still learning!

of course I just bought soul arrow.. but i can't seem to use it.. I have the required int of 10.. and i set it to an attunement slot.. any advice?
You need a catalyst to use sorcery. Just like pyromancy takes the pyromancy flame and miracles require a talisman. Equip it in your hand of choice and hit the appropriate bumper. Enjoy.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:45 PM   #60
xXx3NIGM4xXx

xXx3NIGM4xXx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenolith666 View Post

Ah, Dark Souls virginity. I remember my first character; putting points into resistance, not attempting the hard-as-nails catacombs in a timely manner. Yes, those were goooood times.

I love this game.
xXx3NIGM4xXx is offline   Reply With Quote