PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #1
amuro98

Holy cow I still have how many hours left?

I've started to do some calculations to find out just how close I am to the 1000.

Turns out, I'm not very close. Not very close at all.

I have about 4 levels to finish on Inferno to get the last difficulty level-based achievement. That's probably another 2 or 3 hours, depending on how well I learn to use the pestilence mortar with the Battle suit, or try to tough things out with the Trooper or Tactical suits. (sorry but the Jet suit is just a pain to use due to its all-round wimpy-ness)

Next, I need about a total of ~400k experience points to finish boosting the Trooper and Jet suits to tier 8. Ditchslap just doesn't do it for me. I can squeeze almost 4 runs of 1:1 in an hour, averaging about 80k - and not end up dying. So I should be able to finish the Lifer achievement in just over 5 hours.

I still need 6 weapons, but I'm hopeful some of them will come naturally, otherwise, I already know about quit/restart trick for the Hector heavy levels.

I have ~320 waves in survival mode to go. Playing Pain Garden solo I can finish 3 waves before dying. This takes about 10 minutes. This means I have just over 16 HOURS left to get the 500 waves achievement. Playing with multiple people may mean you get more waves but it takes longer since you start fighting Hectors or Wasps on wave 5.

Finally - and this is the big one - I estimate it will take me another THIRTY SEVEN HOURS to grind out enough cash to finish buying everything. This is because I figure I need about $4 million. About $1 million will come from the final missions and the grinding for survival mode, leaving about $3 million. Earning $80k/hr or so, it'll still take over THIRTY SEVEN HOURS.

That's nearly another 60 hours! And over half of that is to get a measly 25 point achievement!
amuro98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 07:46 PM   #2
OverkillChaos

OverkillChaos's Gamercard
I know your pain very well I have 1 final armor for the lifer achievement, about 470 waves 10 weapons, and about 5.1 million xp of grinding will probably do the package or level 1-1 for the rest using jet armor or battle.
OverkillChaos is offline   Reply With Quote