PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Alice: Madness Returns
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-03-2011, 10:46 PM   #1
Yakuza James

Yakuza James's Gamercard
Exclamation Neighslayer Achievement Unlocked

There was a post on here a guy re-stated what the Achievement says he is correct. The achievement says:

"Hit 4 Enemies With a Single Hobby Horse Ground Smash"

You must HIT 4 enemies NOT KILL

Doesnt matter if you use DLC or LOCK-ON

What I did: Nightmare Difficulty cause enemies are tougher
Removed the CHECKMATE DLC dress, so I wasnt doing double damage, put on the Hobby Horse, just cause. Hobby Horse must have the 3 move combo: small smash, swing, ground smash w/ shockwave. (Edit: Lvl 1 Hobby Horse is Okay thanks defaultdotxbe for clearing that up)

This is exactly how I did it:
Went to the famous slug area in chapter 3 to the right of the 2nd puzzle.
Gathered up all the slugs, with NO clockwork bomb. Stood a good distance from the group. locked on for the first move, released lock on now I was at least going in the right direction, Bam shockwave hit the slugs, none died pop goes the Achievement.

Last edited by Yakuza James; 07-04-2011 at 03:54 AM.
Yakuza James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:27 AM   #2
defaultdotxbe

default dot xbe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuza James View Post
Hobby Horse must have the 3 move combo: small smash, swing, ground smash w/ shockwave.
not true, i got it with the level 1 HH, which only has a 2 move combo (swing, then ground smash without shockwave)

Last edited by defaultdotxbe; 07-04-2011 at 02:29 AM.
defaultdotxbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:36 AM   #3
StolenPaper18

StolenPaper18's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
It doesn't really sound like you did anything different than what everyone else has been trying.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:52 AM   #4
Yakuza James

Yakuza James's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by defaultdotxbe View Post
not true, i got it with the level 1 HH, which only has a 2 move combo (swing, then ground smash without shockwave)
Thanks for clearing that up I could not remember had been awhile since i had lower levels of the Hobby Horse.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:57 AM   #5
Yakuza James

Yakuza James's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by StolenPaper18 View Post
It doesn't really sound like you did anything different than what everyone else has been trying.

Actually it sounds a lot different, mainly not killing the enemies, but whatever, post was to help out seems many still cant get it.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:20 AM   #6
StolenPaper18

StolenPaper18's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuza James View Post
Actually it sounds a lot different, mainly not killing the enemies, but whatever, post was to help out seems many still cant get it.
Well to kill an enemy you have to hit it...?

I get that you are trying to help. Like I said, doesn't sound like you did much different, imo.

Edit: honestly not trying to sound like a dick. I hope this is the solution to the problem so it will make the achievement easier for other people.

Last edited by StolenPaper18; 07-04-2011 at 04:23 AM.
StolenPaper18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:46 AM   #7
Yakuza James

Yakuza James's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by StolenPaper18 View Post
Well to kill an enemy you have to hit it...?

I get that you are trying to help. Like I said, doesn't sound like you did much different, imo.

Edit: honestly not trying to sound like a dick. I hope this is the solution to the problem so it will make the achievement easier for other people.
Of course you have to hit an enemy to kill it the key here is not to kill the enemy just hit it with the shockwave from the ground smash.

All I did with this post is take all the info I used and put it together in one post. all the other posts seemed to have justs bits of info. As soon as I tested all the other posts the cheevo did not pop for me, so this is how i did it
Old 07-04-2011, 06:47 AM   #8
Yakuza James

Yakuza James's Gamercard
To those reading this post, please leave a reply if this works for you.

Thanks
Old 07-04-2011, 08:05 AM   #9
SSDD2K

SSDD2K's Gamercard
You do only have to hit them once.

SSDD2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:08 PM   #10
Drunken Deity

Drunken Deity's Gamercard
I've tried doing this in multiple places and it still won't unlock for me. I make sure the weapon is out before I try. I never put a bomb down because I'm afraid I'll hit it and it won't count. I've hit (on the 3rd hit) and not killed 4 slithering ruin, 4 wasps, and the 4 enemies at the hysteria tutorial. Nothing works. VERY buggy achievement and I'm fed up with it. Hopefully there is a patch or a clear-cut method discovered.
Drunken Deity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:31 AM   #11
Drunken Deity

Drunken Deity's Gamercard
Just kidding, got it. I think the key is to make a post on the internet about how frustrated you are, then it will unlock on your next try

/at least that is usually the case for me
Drunken Deity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:50 AM   #12
MrTaste

burntout2800's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Deity View Post
Just kidding, got it. I think the key is to make a post on the internet about how frustrated you are, then it will unlock on your next try

/at least that is usually the case for me
hehe, always works for me 2, though I did'nt have to with this one luckly.
Old 07-09-2011, 04:48 AM   #13
bizarro13

Bizarro13's Gamercard
Nothing is working for me and its the last achievement I need.

Edit - Went through the game put it on Hard since my hammer was leveled up all the way and did the level 1 Hysteria part in the Always Elevenses section.

I think the game is rather picky about the hit boxes on characters on that ground hit. I did use a bomb and I didn't use LT to target. Found it too easy to get spun around if they move.

Last edited by bizarro13; 07-09-2011 at 05:34 AM.
bizarro13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:40 PM   #14
MrTaste

burntout2800's Gamercard
I got this on 2nd playthrough doing in Nightmare. In first chapter, there is a part where you get a few bolterfly and the blacksludge monsters(haha i forgot there f'in names) not to long after getting the peppergun. I waited for about 3-4 boterflys with the two sh*tmonsters in front of them. Started my attack alittle beforehand and got the final smack on all 4. I think the harder the enemies the better chance, but it could be glitchy I guess.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:28 AM   #15
bizarro13

Bizarro13's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTaste View Post
I got this on 2nd playthrough doing in Nightmare. In first chapter, there is a part where you get a few bolterfly and the blacksludge monsters(haha i forgot there f'in names) not to long after getting the peppergun. I waited for about 3-4 boterflys with the two sh*tmonsters in front of them. Started my attack alittle beforehand and got the final smack on all 4. I think the harder the enemies the better chance, but it could be glitchy I guess.
I believe the harder difficulty helps in not accidentally killing enemies. I swore once I killed 5 bolterflies and didn't get it, but I really think it's sensitive to that last hit and who is actually in range of the hit.
bizarro13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:32 AM   #16
MrTaste

burntout2800's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarro13 View Post
I believe the harder difficulty helps in not accidentally killing enemies. I swore once I killed 5 bolterflies and didn't get it, but I really think it's sensitive to that last hit and who is actually in range of the hit.
Nightmare bud, hope you do sort it somepoint.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:40 PM   #17
DarthSoth

I DarthSoth I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Finally got this one. Took me for-fucking-ever though. I know I was hitting 4 slugs on easy in chaper 3. I used the spot that Mr.Taste used as well.
Loaded up Chaper 1-Hatter's Domain and then "Slug with a Shell". very little travel to get to the Duchess shack and get the pepper grinder to open up the back door.
When I got out there I destroyed the hives but left the blotterfies alone. made my way to the back by the last set of hives and got into the corner area just to the left of where the road curves up. Got surrounded, faced the wall, swung towards the wall 2x then turned around for the 3rd swing and the achievement popped. I had one of the sludge things come down the ramp and join in but I don't know that I even hit him. I was surrounded by about 6 or 8 flies.

I had it on nightmare when I got it.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
DarthSoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:15 PM   #18
MrTaste

burntout2800's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSoth View Post
Finally got this one. Took me for-fucking-ever though. I know I was hitting 4 slugs on easy in chaper 3. I used the spot that Mr.Taste used as well.
Loaded up Chaper 1-Hatter's Domain and then "Slug with a Shell". very little travel to get to the Duchess shack and get the pepper grinder to open up the back door.
When I got out there I destroyed the hives but left the blotterfies alone. made my way to the back by the last set of hives and got into the corner area just to the left of where the road curves up. Got surrounded, faced the wall, swung towards the wall 2x then turned around for the 3rd swing and the achievement popped. I had one of the sludge things come down the ramp and join in but I don't know that I even hit him. I was surrounded by about 6 or 8 flies.

Wicked stuff matey, glad that part of my advice helped there. I found that to be best area, you can even leave the hives alone if can survive long enough, or destroyed 1 etc. Defo the more bolterflys around the better. Loving this game so much, even doing the collectibles seems fun lol.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:02 PM   #19
Jellybean468

godsandm0nsters's Gamercard

I was having trouble with this, but I realised that I was killing a couple of the 4 enemies with the ground smash. It unlocked when I left all 4 enemies alive after the ground smash.

Deus Ex Achievement Guide | xbox.com
Retail Completions: 38 | Arcade Completions: 15
Seriously 3.0: Total Onyx Medals - 24/65 | Level 86
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed III, Borderlands 2
Jellybean468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:42 PM   #20
DarthSoth

Quote:
Wicked stuff matey, glad that part of my advice helped there. I found that to be best area, you can even leave the hives alone if can survive long enough, or destroyed 1 etc. Defo the more bolterflys around the better. Loving this game so much, even doing the collectibles seems fun lol.
I found the slimebabies didn't show up unless I took out the hives.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:57 PM   #21
MrTaste

burntout2800's Gamercard
Quote:
I found the slimebabies didn't show up unless I took out the hives.
Agh right, my apology I did'nt realise. I have a bad memory lol and Slimebabies thankyou. I played the whole game and totally forgot there names hehe. Everyone should try what DarthSoth did, hopefuly those that did'nt get, will do so. Seems to sorta be best place if you glitched in other areas of game.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:43 AM   #22
Violent Wave 1

Quote:

I tried every way to do this & had no luck until I tried this method. It worked first time, thanks so much
Violent Wave 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:28 AM   #23
Stevey Boy2006

Original Bstard's Gamercard
Finally got this at the weekend.

Got it at the slug bit in Chapter 3- no DLC max upgraded horse-nightmare difficulty

Was trying for ages- killing all 4 slugs, just hurting them- nothing seemed to work til I locked on to the group then just before the last swing connected I let go of lock on and it popped
Old 07-11-2011, 03:34 PM   #24
jae200

soulstlkr2's Gamercard
I got the game over the weekend, been enjoying it.

I got this achievement completely by accident on chapter 2.. I believe it was in a Radula Room just outside the theatre(?) with the fish standing around outside buildings. The Radula Room in question had you on a platform with the hare and another character towering over you.. You have to survive a wave of enemies that are the little troll looking guys with pitchforks, some of them carry shields.. I was swarmed by them at one point and all I did was swing the hobby horse in the crowd and got the achievement, I didn't use lock on.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by jae200; 07-11-2011 at 03:38 PM.
jae200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:10 PM   #25
defaultdotxbe

default dot xbe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jae200 View Post
I got the game over the weekend, been enjoying it.

I got this achievement completely by accident on chapter 2.. I believe it was in a Radula Room just outside the theatre(?) with the fish standing around outside buildings. The Radula Room in question had you on a platform with the hare and another character towering over you.. You have to survive a wave of enemies that are the little troll looking guys with pitchforks, some of them carry shields.. I was swarmed by them at one point and all I did was swing the hobby horse in the crowd and got the achievement, I didn't use lock on.

Hope this helps.
thats exactly how i got it too, same place, same technique
Old 07-11-2011, 06:30 PM   #26
DarthSoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent Wave 1 View Post
I tried every way to do this & had no luck until I tried this method. It worked first time, thanks so much

No problem. I thought I should have gotten it sooner as well. Seems like it is a pain for some people and easy for others. Glad my method worked for you.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:05 AM   #27
fue ho

weird. I got in one of the fights where they spawn those little ruin guys over and over again (it was one of the colossal ruin fights) and I got it by killing 4 of those little guys at once, i know i killed them too since 1 hit with a level 4 hobby horse is all it takes to kill them.
fue ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:05 AM   #28
decaying dead

Decaying Dead's Gamercard
i've tried all of these and i cant get it. im playing on nightmare with the horse at lvl 1 and im killing the bolterflies in one hit. im not using any DLC equipment, so i dont know why they keep dying so easily

Last edited by decaying dead; 07-22-2011 at 02:26 AM.
decaying dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:44 AM   #29
NorthernZoot

NorthernZoot's Gamercard
I got this one during the first time you are told about "Hysteria" (Check point is 'Chapter 1 - Always Elevenes')

Don't activate the hysteria, but rather run around a bit to try and lure a bunch of the enemies to you. I found it worked best to back yourself into a corner and have the enemies funnel in towards you (you may need to block a few attacks while you wait for them to all get nice and close). Then just hammer the crap out of that hobby horse. I got it on my first or second try.

NorthernZoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 05:15 AM   #30
decaying dead

Decaying Dead's Gamercard
finally got it level 5 just after Radula Room 3 according to II OE II 's guide, against the colossal ruin. if you run around the platform there are 5 slithering ruins that infinitely reappear, got all 5 together and got it to click. at least i can confirm locking on isn't necessary
decaying dead is offline   Reply With Quote