Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Mafia 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-05-2011, 01:48 AM   #1
damtalldylan

damtalldylan's Gamercard
JOE LIVES (possibly)

If you watch the ending again, you notice he tucks his gun in his belt before he gets in the car. So he could possibly sense something wrong and shoot the guys in the car & get away.

SKIP TO 1:55 and watch the lower left corner
R.I.P Xbox #1 10/1/08 (Cause of death: E 74)
R.I.P Xbox #2 8/30/9 (Cause of death: Faulty Disk drive)
Xbox #3 Retired 6/27/11 (Sold)
Xbox #4 (Slim) Alive

128th RANKED in MASSACHUSETTS

eBay auctions HERE
damtalldylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:14 AM   #2
Fire Mage

HARDLUCKDUCK's Gamercard
I didn't read your post at all, but maybe try not to be an idiot and post a topic with a title that may or may not give away a giant spoiler for this game.

Fuck.

Fire Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:51 PM   #3
damtalldylan

damtalldylan's Gamercard
sorry, I put it up, realised the spoiler, and couldn't edit it. Im really sorry.
Xbox #4 (Slim) Alive

eBay auctions HERE
Old 07-09-2011, 01:58 AM   #4
Fire Mage

HARDLUCKDUCK's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by damtalldylan View Post
sorry, I put it up, realised the spoiler, and couldn't edit it. Im really sorry.
Well, alright, at least you apologized and didn't flip out back at me like some people would.

I was just upset because I hate getting things ruined especially since I like this game. But I just finished the game and I don't know, I'd like to think he lives.

Old 07-09-2011, 02:24 AM   #5
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Well considering no one really knows what happened to him is it really a spoiler??
Old 07-09-2011, 06:06 PM   #6
Fire Mage

HARDLUCKDUCK's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dz06lt View Post
Well considering no one really knows what happened to him is it really a spoiler??
Well, it sort of is. Saying he "possibly lives" can make someone who hadn't finished the game think that Joe gets shot, or something similar.

While bad things happening to people in this game isn't uncommon, it still gave away the fact that something bad happens to Joe.

Since I hadn't finished the game, I wasn't exactly supposed to know that it was some sort of ambiguous event.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:01 PM   #7
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
I really hope Joe lives, he was my favorite!
Old 08-14-2011, 12:48 AM   #8
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Yeah maybe he lives and gets a cameo in Mafia 3 where he gets shot like Tommy. Poor Guy

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:26 AM   #9
DaCameraMan

DaCameraMan's Gamercard
This was a great game. The ending just leaves it open for you to really think what happens after all they have been through.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:57 PM   #10
DFB 1708

DFB 1708's Gamercard
Possible but unlikely, as there were two or three guys in there with Joe.
And if he did kill them he would most likely have Vinci and the Chinese Mafia go after him, since he wasn't part of the 'deal' and the Chinese wanted to see blood. Which means that he probably would have been stopped before the airport or trainstation or whatever he wanted to use to flee. If he managed to flee he most likely would have a contract on his head and die anyway.

Also did you guys really like this game? I mean the story is kind of terrible in my opinion, and it's important to me:
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Guides:
Fable 3 DLC & From Dust

My Completed Games + DLC:
Fable II & III, Risen I, Elder Srolls IV & V, Civilization Revolution, Modern Warfare I & II, Fallout III, Bully, AC I & II & III, Lost, The Godfather I & II, Dragon Age I & II, Alone In The Dark, Overlord I, Darksiders I, The Darkness I, Mass Effect I & II, Dark Souls,
DFB 1708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:19 AM   #11
mesoungodlyfast

mesoungodlyfast's Gamercard
If anything, thats the most accurate part of the story. It;s the way the life works... you get something, and everyone wants to take it from you.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:56 PM   #12
fastman309

fastman903's Gamercard
I like to think he lives...hopefully

and i don't believe henry was a rat
fastman309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 04:22 PM   #13
damtalldylan

damtalldylan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastman309 View Post

I don't believe henry was a rat
But he was... Do you mean you don't want to believe it?
Xbox #4 (Slim) Alive

eBay auctions HERE
Old 08-20-2011, 02:40 PM   #14
fastman309

fastman903's Gamercard
there's no proof that henry was a rat, just the word of a triad

my guess is henry was set up, (more then likely by falcone) for stepping into the drug buisness. it was never explained who the fake cops were sent by after the deal with the triads was done...my theory is that falcone or one of the under bosses was watching henry closely, after he failed his hitman contract, and when word got round that he was trying to take a slice of the drug buisness, falcone wanted him out of the way...sending the fake cops, and when that failed, he dropped word that henry was a rat, then confronted henry about him selling the drugs, so he could get his take..then henry was killed...so he gets rid of his competion, and gets his money in the end.
fastman309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:33 PM   #15
ofay

Nopunchespulled's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
So falcones men burned the triad warehouse? Makes more sense for the Feds to do that
ofay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:15 AM   #16
mesoungodlyfast

mesoungodlyfast's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofay View Post
So falcones men burned the triad warehouse? Makes more sense for the Feds to do that
Feds dont wear mob shoes Also, burning down a drug warehouse eliminates all that stuff called "evidence" which is crucial to anything dealing with a federal investigation.

That, and why would Henry mention that they werent real cops when he noticed? If they were feds and he was working with them, he would have kept his mouth shut.

Honestly, aside from the asian guy saying he was, there is nothing else pointing to it. Sure his "contact" in the DEA said he was an informant, but Falcone or anyone could have easily paid someone in the agency to say that. Anyone can be bought...
Old 08-30-2011, 09:58 PM   #17
MrOssneefer

MrOssSneefer's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesoungodlyfast View Post
Feds dont wear mob shoes Also, burning down a drug warehouse eliminates all that stuff called "evidence" which is crucial to anything dealing with a federal investigation.

That, and why would Henry mention that they werent real cops when he noticed? If they were feds and he was working with them, he would have kept his mouth shut.

Honestly, aside from the asian guy saying he was, there is nothing else pointing to it. Sure his "contact" in the DEA said he was an informant, but Falcone or anyone could have easily paid someone in the agency to say that. Anyone can be bought...

this is true
MrOssneefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:00 AM   #18
Darth Spectre

Well spotted.
Looking at the scene in detail; the car only has two of Vinci's goons inside. Joe Barbaro vs 2 button-men; clearly an unfair contest if you know anything about Joe. Joe's fate is up to the fans to debate over and for 2K to decide on. I suppose we will just have to wait until Mafia III for that. Just look what happened in the first Mafia. Tommy's death scene alone became a prominent scene in both Mafia I and Mafia II. Having the same death scene return in the squeal could mean that the death scene of Joe could very well go a similar direction in Mafia III and teach us much more about it as did Tommy's death scene.
Darth Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:54 AM   #19
Marloo Redd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Spectre View Post
Well spotted.
Looking at the scene in detail; the car only has two of Vinci's goons inside. Joe Barbaro vs 2 button-men; clearly an unfair contest if you know anything about Joe. Joe's fate is up to the fans to debate over and for 2K to decide on. I suppose we will just have to wait until Mafia III for that. Just look what happened in the first Mafia. Tommy's death scene alone became a prominent scene in both Mafia I and Mafia II. Having the same death scene return in the squeal could mean that the death scene of Joe could very well go a similar direction in Mafia III and teach us much more about it as did Tommy's death scene.
I hate to reply to a thread that started on a sour note due to possible spoilerism, but given how far along it's gotten...

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Marloo Redd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 07:09 AM   #20
GrimSovereignty

Send a message via Skype™ to GrimSovereignty

GrimSovereignty's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I would like to think he survived I mean he turned down becoming a capo to save Vito...and then to do all that and then get taken away to get shot, lol that would just be harsh
Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision? - Huey Freeman

GrimSovereignty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #21
Grimicyn

Grimicyn's Gamercard
Someone should change this topic title because its a total spoiler for anyone with half a brain. I haven't played the game and came here to grab an achievement guide and saw the topic title...

Grimicyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #22
Icehearted

Thornheart's Gamercard
Nearly a year later and this was a spoiler for me.

WTH, OP? How did you NOT see how thread title would be a problem?

Old 07-01-2012, 03:19 PM   #23
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Yeah, the title could/should have had "spoiler" in it but it has been a year and the title should have told the ones who haven't played it, that something was going to be told in the post. Me, spoilers never bother me. I see them as useful information, that I might be able to use later on.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:38 PM   #24
VELVETxASSASSIN

Ms Velvet's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimicyn View Post
Someone should change this topic title because its a total spoiler for anyone with half a brain. I haven't played the game and came here to grab an achievement guide and saw the topic title...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehearted View Post
Nearly a year later and this was a spoiler for me.

WTH, OP? How did you NOT see how thread title would be a problem?

You both seen the title as a spoiler yet you both clicked on the spoiler thread n posted a comment about it being said spoiler? How does that make any sense?