PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Shadows of the Damned
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-05-2011, 04:05 PM   #1
SabadoGigante

Paula chase. Man that's goooood times.

What is the point of the Paula chase where you have to kill the 3 demons? I know she can be stunned by a light shot, but good lord this is a pain in the ass. Any helpful strategies? I think doing this about 20 times is enough. Ok ok I get it, he's got a boner after she kisses him. That just keeps getting funnier and funnier. Wish I could skip that crap. Help please. The same boner joke over & over is about to make me toss this game in the lake.
SabadoGigante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:47 PM   #2
Tamberlaine

tamberlaine's Gamercard
When you get through the first baby-sealed door, two demons spawn in front of you, a regular-size demon and a slightly larger one with horns. The regular-size demon is the one holding the key to the next door. You don't need to kill all the demons as Johnson implies, just kill that one, and grab the key then rush to the small cabin door.

It's necessary to use the Hot Boner at first to break a fallen tree barrier, but best to switch immediately after that to the Skullcussioner. It's a one-shot kill on the demon who has the key. If you hit him quickly, you can just grab the key and get to the cabin before Paula even gets a chance to catch up.
Tamberlaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:26 PM   #3
Mei Ninja

Mei Ninja's Gamercard
I realize this probably goes without saying, but you're using the RT continuously to keep sprinting, right? Once you use it, he stops sprinting after a couple seconds but if you hit RT again, he'll keep sprinting. Use that to keep far ahead of her without needing to stun her. Then when you see the demons, just whip out whatever gun you like to use for quick killing (I personally preferred the Teethgrinder at that point).

By the time I reach the house, she's usually far behind at the gate that you have to pass through, giving me enough time to unload enough ammo into killing the demons. Stun her once or twice on her approach if you still don't have enough time.

Please check out my Let's Play channel! @
http://www.youtube.com/user/MeruluTV
Mei Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:32 AM   #4
SoG Lord Kratos

Glendaal Shadax's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I didnt know there could be an issue in that part... I think she didnt even catch me once on my 3 playthroughs. Maybe because I play more with the shotgun than you I dont know. The only part where she was annoying me was near the end of chapter 5-1. Where you have to get a brain in a dead end.

But I feel pretty stupid now I didnt even know she could be staggered with a light shot lol thats pretty useful to know now that I 1k'd it
115 100% games including downloadable content. Last 10 100%: Bang Bang Racing, SVC: Golden Axe, Sniper Elite V2, DJ Hero, Trials Evolution, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Deathsmiles 2x, Rocket Knight, Boom Boom Rocket, Braid
SoG Lord Kratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:26 PM   #5
SabadoGigante

Thanks for the tips. I'm gonna try em' out now. Yeah, I was sprinting & stunning her with the light shot but maybe I just had bad luck for a while. Or maybe I just suck at that. Either way I put that down for a bit. It seems simple enough but I prob did it 20 times and still failed. Uggggg. Thanks again!
Old 07-06-2011, 03:46 PM   #6
SabadoGigante

Oh hell yeah! After dying like 2 more times, I got it. Thanks for all the help especially the tip about just killing the regular one with the key. One time he got stuck in a corner & I couldn't get to him before she touched me. Oh well. Glad that's over. Thanks again!