PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Virtua Fighter 5
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-02-2010, 03:55 AM   #1
LanEvo

LanEvoIX's Gamercard
How Long? Is it easy? Can i miss Items or Emblems? All answered here!

Hi,

For all the Johny-come-lately out there, or people like myself who put this game away early with a low gamerscore, I've compiled some information that i hope will be useful. The bulk of achievements are in Quest Mode, so that's all I'm going to cover here.

This thread/video was specially made for people who are not good with fighting games or who didn't like VF5, but still want to finish it.

For the trial (non quest mode achievements), please read this thread #link#. Not too difficult, but not as easy... Will require some effort, but thankfully a lot shorter than QM.

A quick explanation about Quest Mode
You have to enter an arcade and challenge a player in one of three units. Sega Arena Coast is the entry tier, so you might want to start there. Rivals already beaten will have a star next to his/her name. After you beat a rival, if the next challenger have a star (already beaten), you can quit the match, won't count as a loss, and you can pick another unit with an unbeaten rival. This is faster than waiting for a new rival to challenge you.

If you enter an arcade and all three units have a star, press B to get out and A to get in again, and the units will recycle. This can happen a lot when you are just 2 or 3 rivals away from completion of an arcade. You can check what rivals you haven't beaten by pressing start in the world map then selecting Status>View Rival List.

Difficulty
Yes, it is an easy 1k. It's long and boring, but easy. The lowest difficulty setting in Quest Mode is Normal, and it's the default setting, so you don't worry about changing it.

How long?
You will need around 1,100 wins to complete quest mode. My personal ratio by the time i got the Quest Trifecta achievement was 1,143 wins / 51 losses.

I don't know for sure, I'm guessing it took me between 25 and 30 hours.

Items
Regarding items, you rest assured that you will have them all and will have bought everything from the store loooong before beating all rivals. I lost a few tournaments with prizes, but that didn't seem to matter. I got them all eventually without winning the exact same tournament, so i guess the game throws them at you randomly via Item Battles. But i fought every Item tournament regardless.

Emblems
The emblems come mainly from the enemies. I lost a few emblem tournaments, but eventually got them from the rivals. So don't worry much about it, but try to win the emblems in the tournaments anyway, when you get a chance.

Orbs

Don't forget to buy a new orb disc from the shop every time you complete one disc. You will complete the last orb disc when you have around 450 wins, give or take. So don't worry too much about them, because that's close to 1/3 of the duration of quest mode.

Rank achievements

From 10th dan, you'll be promoted to Master. At this point, you will only be promoted again when you beat 5 10th opponents in a row. You can fight other ranks, but only 10th dan will give you experience. If you lose your streak, you'll have to start over. That's all you need to know about ranks, all others work normally, meaning, you have to beat similar ranked rivals to earn experience, when you have enough you are promoted. You'll get all rank achievements loooong before beating all rivals.

Character/Strategy
Here's how to get by the whole quest mode easily.

Pick Akira, spam YY.

That's about it. Until 7th dan or so enemies you won't need anything else, and will probably win every round in 7 or 8 seconds.
Later on, you may need to use (defend), + , (throw) and + . But when you reach that point, you will have played so much that you'll probably have a good grasp on the timing and different strategies AI use.

Eventually you will lose. You will be owning Conquerors, but a god damned 8th dan will kick you butt sometimes, and refuse to give in. But never i lost more than 2 times for the same character. Losing more than 1 was extremely rare. I lost around 20 times seriously, the other losses i credit to boredom or just because i was mashing buttons without even looking to the screen.

I've made a video showing how it's done (sorry for the low quality):

Last edited by LanEvo; 10-17-2010 at 04:45 PM. Reason: added new information people been asking
LanEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:34 PM   #2
LanEvo

LanEvoIX's Gamercard
Achievements you will earn using this method

Achievements
Here's a list of all achievements you will earn along the way during quest mode:

Champion of Sega Arena Coast20 Defeat all rivals at Sega Arena Coast using the same character data
Champion of Club Sega Downtown20 Defeat all rivals at Club Sega Downtown using the same character data
Champion of Club Sega Bay Area20 Defeat all rivals at Club Sega Bay Area using the same character data
Champion of Sega World Route 10130 Defeat all rivals at Sega World Route 101 using the same character data
Champion of Sega Arena East30 Defeat all rivals at Sega Arena East using the same character data
Champion of Sega World North50 Defeat all rivals at Sega World North using the same character data
Champion of Sega World South50 Defeat all rivals at Sega World South using the same character data
Beginners' Try10 Place in the top three in the official Beginners' Try tournament
Amateurs' Tournament10 Place in the top three in the official Amateurs' Tournament
All Items50 Collect all items using the same character data
All Emblems30 Collect all emblems using the same character data
Orb Finder10 Collect 7 orbs using the same character data and receive an orb item
Orb Hunter10 Collect 21 orbs using the same character data and receive 3 orb items
First Dan15 Earn a promotion to First Dan in offline play
Fifth Dan15 Earn a promotion to Fifth Dan in offline play
Tenth Dan30 Earn a promotion to Tenth Dan in offline play
Defender/Hunter/Warrior30 Earn the Master rank, then win 5 matches in a row against Tenth Dan opponents

Last edited by LanEvo; 10-17-2010 at 04:36 PM.
LanEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:35 PM   #3
LanEvo

LanEvoIX's Gamercard
Secret Achievements
Challengers' Cup15 Placed in the official Challengers' Cup tournament
VF Championship15 Placed in the official Virtua Fighter Championship tournament
VF Climax20 Placed in the official VF Climax tournament
VF Battle Masters30 Placed in the official VF Battle Masters tournament
Quest Mode Completion50 Placed in the Virtua Fighter World Tournament Finals and completed Quest Mode
Orb Master10 Collected 56 orbs and all orb items with the same character data
Quest Trifecta100 Defeated all rivals and collected all items and emblems with the same character data.
Sentinel/Barbarian/Gladiator50 Achieved Sentinel, Barbarian or Gladiator rank in offline play
Guardian/Slayer/Avenger50 Achieved Guardian, Slayer or Avenger rank in offline play
Paladin/Berserker/Vanquisher50 Achieved Paladin, Berserker or Vanquisher rank in offline play
Liberator/Destroyer/Conqueror100 Achieved Liberator, Destroyer or Conqueror in offline play, the highest possible ranks
Old 10-17-2010, 06:35 PM   #4
Old Scratch

old scratchy's Gamercard
Thanks for this

I put this game on the shelf a looooong time ago because I couldn't win the tournament I was on, now that I know you can lose a tourney or two and still unlock all items I've got a reason to go back and try this again.
Thanks
Old Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:14 PM   #5
FeLizP
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to FeLizP Send a message via Yahoo to FeLizP Send a message via Skype™ to FeLizP

FeLizP's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
This helps sooo much!

I mean, Virtua Fighter 5 as been out for what, 3 years? And nobody can post stuff like this? This is even more helpful than both of the Achievement Guides in the forum put together! Thanks for explaining quest mode and giving me direction as to how to complete the dojo with 5 fighters.

I will write on how I end up in this game! Thanks LanEvo!
FeLizP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:03 PM   #6
BigApple3AM

BigApple3AM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I used Sarah, or someone, and got a few of the quest achievements before giving up. If I want to switch to Akira, do I have to start Quest mode all over again?
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:31 PM   #7
LanEvo

LanEvoIX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApple3AM View Post
I used Sarah, or someone, and got a few of the quest achievements before giving up. If I want to switch to Akira, do I have to start Quest mode all over again?
Yes, you do. But from what you are saying, i get that you probably played just a couple hours, like i did with my first char, the ninja guy i don't remember the name. That's like less than 10% of quest mode.

Sorry, but you can continue with Sarah or start over with a new save/char, no other options.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:15 PM   #8
BigApple3AM

BigApple3AM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
well thanks for the info. the 150/1000 has been bugging me and the game is under $14 on amazon, so I will probably get back into this soon.
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:41 PM   #9
LanEvo

LanEvoIX's Gamercard
I was in the exact same position a month ago, maybe even less than 150.

That's why i made this thread. Some achievements (and getting 1k) felt so confusing and uncertain that after i realized it was not that bad at all, i had to spread the word.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:00 AM   #10
FeLizP
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to FeLizP Send a message via Yahoo to FeLizP Send a message via Skype™ to FeLizP

FeLizP's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
So far so good. I'm on route to the 1000 after putting the game aside for 2 months. I wouldn't say it was an overall Easy completion though. I'd say it's an average difficutly to 1000 as YES overall it's easy and most opponents will be punching bags but not ALL of them. Not to mention the amount of patience that goes into it, roughly 25- 30 hours in quest mode PLUS it's repetitive.

Gets rather tedious running back in forth into Arcades, looking for opponents who don't have stars next to their names, well I turned commentary on so that matches feel a bit more exciting even though the commentators like to say the same thing. (e.g "Akira, wins going away!")

Some of the higher ranked fighters like Dans, Assassins, etc. will give you trouble too. Updating my fighter look is kinda cool too sticking green lights on his fist and it's fun reading you opponent's catch phrases during the loading screens.

I will post once I have 1000, just updating as I go. See you guys later, next time, next 1000.

EDIT: I have completed the game and here are my stats:

Name: Furious Mi Wins:1175 Losses:35
Win Ratio: 97.09% Rank: Conqueror

Number of Matches:1481 Longest Streak: 75

Total Play Time: 14:41:24

I used Akira and had to mix up my game against higher ranked foes.I used some of the fighting tips you used above and his rising kick as well. I noticed that you should not just look out for Rank when knowing how difficult your opponent may be, but the fighter as well. I had the most trouble with high ranked Jakies and Pais the rest weren't too bad but the drunken master guy drove me nuts. Anyways thanks for the original post, I'm glad this is finally over.

Last edited by FeLizP; 12-31-2010 at 10:07 PM.
FeLizP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:39 PM   #11
Evil Dobermann

Evil Dobermann's Gamercard
LanEvo thanks for pointing out that you can win any match by spamming or as well . I just plugged in a Turbo Controller and let Akira fight until I heard that there was an Arena challenge. Went to the Arena and repeated this method. This way I fought many enemies twice but as well got 100% at 1493 wins / 37 loses with no effort.
Evil Dobermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:54 PM   #12
Fiyablayze

Send a message via MSN to Fiyablayze Send a message via Skype™ to Fiyablayze

Ryze Asura's Gamercard
I think it's kinda easy to get through the game with Goh, using -> -> B or <- B, CPUs fall for it a lot but sometimes they will get through you

Gaming Hero. 15. What's up? Haha
Fiyablayze is offline   Reply With Quote