PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Rock Band 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-07-2011, 10:59 AM   #1
Zombie Chimaira

zombie chimaira's Gamercard
Overdrive for 60 seconds

So the achievement guide says this ca be done easily on any difficulty. I play on medium, trying to get the hang of hard slowly but surely. I've been playing this game for about a month now and haven't got the achievemnt, let alone getting close to deploying overdrive for anything like a minute. I've tried some different techniques like filling the bar to full then releasing before more silver notes pop up but I'm starting to think this is something you can only get on expert.

Xbox Gamercards
Zombie Chimaira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:45 PM   #2
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Try Handlebars, by Flobots.
mikachu93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:25 PM   #3
Majica8

Send a message via MSN to Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Or doing it with more than just 1 person. Get's easier the more people you have.

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3
Majica8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:16 AM   #4
deputy326

KeNtUcKy HiTmAn's Gamercard
I would be than happy to help you with this.. We could do it on the J Giles band song.. Let me know if you would like me to help... Kentucky Hitman....
deputy326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:14 AM   #5
Bl°°dwolf

Bloodwolf0013's Gamercard

Most helpful tip for this aside from having more than one person, is that the slower the tempo of the song, the longer OD lasts.

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/YourScaryMother
Bl°°dwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:27 AM   #6
SteveMizz91

Send a message via AIM to SteveMizz91

MiHzZz's Gamercard
I need this achievement as well. Add me if you want to do it together.
GT: MiHzZz

Call of Duty 2
Bully Scholarship Edition
Gears of War
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Dash of Destruction
SteveMizz91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:51 PM   #7
MMMDI

MMMDI's Gamercard
The best way to do it if you have to do it solo (and have the original RB tracks) is to do it on Faith No More - "Epic" on medium. Fill the bar all the way up and deploy it at around 68% into the solo. Make sure you refill your overdrive on the notes that come immediately after, whammy the sustained notes, and wahlah - achievement unlocked.
MMMDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:09 PM   #8
LolMunnchy

LolMunnchy's Gamercard
Find a slow song that you like, if you can get another person, great. I managed this on Green grass and high tides. I'm pretty sure you can get a good 45-50 seconds on your own.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:08 AM   #9
ajennice

ajennice00's Gamercard

tip - get the meter filled fast for every player... Have the drummer start the OD as soon as he can...even if guitar and bass aren't there yet. IF possible, have the bassist go next since he usually has less notes. then vocals and lastly the guitar.

WHEN any string insturmentis in OD and long notes that give OD power come up hit the notes and go to town onthe whammy. Your OD meter will note fall. Some songs will have a good 10 second sustain that you can just whammy to death.

By timethe guitar is down, either vocal or drums should be refilled. Do the drums if possibe, then vocal, bass, tehn guitar.... repeat.

I think we nailed the 120 seconds on Camera eye or tom sawyer....I know TS has alot of sustains.

May be possib;e on MASTER/SLAVER by pearl jams since 90% of the song is slow HOPOS that arte sustained... can just whammy and not worry about strumming much,
ajennice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:37 AM   #10
AgentMoop

Xo WhoShotYa oX's Gamercard
Are You Gonna Be My Girl?

I think that Are you gonna be my girl is good for this achievement. I have used it for previous overdrive achievements
AgentMoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:28 PM   #11
FallenNow

Location: Under your bed.. Awaiting for the perfect time to pounce..

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Chimaira View Post
So the achievement guide says this ca be done easily on any difficulty. I play on medium, trying to get the hang of hard slowly but surely. I've been playing this game for about a month now and haven't got the achievemnt, let alone getting close to deploying overdrive for anything like a minute. I've tried some different techniques like filling the bar to full then releasing before more silver notes pop up but I'm starting to think this is something you can only get on expert.
I got the achievement on Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt. 1. If your going to do it on that song, you'll need a drummer and bassist and they're performance including yours must be amazing. When you think the time is right active Star Power and don't miss any notes.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:55 PM   #12
maze

ZombieMaze's Gamercard
Is it ok to miss notes after deploying OD or do i have to keep a streak within these 60 seconds?
maze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:43 AM   #13
TwistedFate

Bobo daMunkee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maze View Post
Is it ok to miss notes after deploying OD or do i have to keep a streak within these 60 seconds?
You are over thinking it. You only have to maintain overdrive for 60 seconds.

Pick a slow song, put it on Easy difficulty, maintain overdrive for 60 seconds any way you can. Any note that isn't an OD note doesn't matter. Difficulty doesn't matter. Number of players doesn't matter except that more than one makes this achievement much easier.

TwistedFate is offline   Reply With Quote