PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Resident Evil: Code Veronica X HD
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-12-2011, 09:47 AM   #31
evo_4

evo4tr's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamegamegame View Post
Just to let everyone know that doing this on "very easy" mode DOES NOT give you anything, not the rocket launcher, not the "Weapon Crazy" achievement, not even a screen that shows your result. It automatically jumps to the main menu after loading the credits video. I just tried it and wasted a few hours.

I ran through the game twice, on "normal" and "very easy", but I still can't get the "From The Young Lady" achievement. I read the explanation from the achievement guide but have no idea when will this trigger, is that glitched?

I also have a problem that some characters on battle mode doesn't show up. It starts off by giving you Claire with normal suit, then I got Chris, Wesker and subsequently Claire in another costume, but Steve just doesn't appear. I got rank S (JP version) for all the other 4 characters but Steve simply doesn't show up. What's wrong with this game?

Someone who knows the clue, please advise, thanks a bunch!
As I remember for unlocking Steve in Battle mode, you have to find a gold luger on Chris disc. Not sure but must be that way.

My question is, can we use Lineer Launcher on main game? That'll be quite easy to get A rank if we can...
evo_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:31 PM   #32
jamesbong1983

Battle Master will require you to obtain a S rank instead of A rank in battle game for all characters. I have obtained all S rank for all character already and here are my suggested target time.

Claire (1st): 6:00
Claire (2nd): 7:30
Chris: 6:30
Steve: 9:30
Wesker: 18:00 (you will need to get a hidden mag. gun in a secretly room)

Weapon crazy will need to beat the story mode in normal difficulty with S rank instead of A rank. I have beat the story mode in 3hrs and 45 minis, but still I only get a A rank.
jamesbong1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:41 PM   #33
The Stray

NeoStrayCat's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimYoonChang View Post
i don't understand 'From The Young Lady' Explanation.
-->
When Claire meets "Alexia" right after you pick up the 3rd proof after exiting the mansion, a cutscene will trigger.

plz explain it!!
What I meant is when you go to the Private Mansion and pick up a medal/proof which either looks like a Jeep or a Plane or whatever, once you try to leave, "Alexia" will come up in a cutscene, but I don't know if this scene unlocks the achievement or not. But I think I might be wrong on this part if its on Claire's playthough and this achievement may unlock somewhat on Chris's playthrough, but who knows.

Sig by Setsuna

Last edited by The Stray; 09-16-2011 at 06:45 PM.
The Stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:39 AM   #34
DeltaKappaEcho

DeltaKappaEcho's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbong1983 View Post
Battle Master will require you to obtain a S rank instead of A rank in battle game for all characters. I have obtained all S rank for all character already and here are my suggested target time.

Claire (1st): 6:00
Claire (2nd): 7:30
Chris: 6:30
Steve: 9:30
Wesker: 18:00 (you will need to get a hidden mag. gun in a secretly room)

Weapon crazy will need to beat the story mode in normal difficulty with S rank instead of A rank. I have beat the story mode in 3hrs and 45 minis, but still I only get a A rank.
Wesker has 60 mins and there is no such thing as an S Rank in this game. The letter grades may display differently in Japanese version but the U.S./U.K. release ONLY REQUIRES "A" since "S" fails to exist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stray View Post
What I meant is when you go to the Private Mansion and pick up a medal/proof which either looks like a Jeep or a Plane or whatever, once you try to leave, "Alexia" will come up in a cutscene, but I don't know if this scene unlocks the achievement or not. But I think I might be wrong on this part if its on Claire's playthough and this achievement may unlock somewhat on Chris's playthrough, but who knows.
Achievement "guides" shouldn't be written before the game is released nor by someone who is making unlock assumptions - "From the Young Lady" is NOT a story based achievement, when you take control of Steve simply turn around and enter the previous room. Claire offers "encouragement" and achievement pops. It's the 2nd possible achievement in the game if the player doesn't miss it just before "Changed Father".

And to resolve other debate - "To the Frozen Land" unlocks when Chris leaves Rockfort Island. Not sure why such an obvious one was being debated as it's clear with name and pic but I can confirm it unlocks when Chris arrives in Antartica.

Last edited by DeltaKappaEcho; 09-18-2011 at 06:49 AM.
DeltaKappaEcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:42 AM   #35
Teh Paralyzer

New Paralyzer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaKappaEcho View Post
Wesker has 60 mins and there is no such thing as an S Rank in this game. The letter grades may display differently in Japanese version but the U.S./U.K. release ONLY REQUIRES "A" since "S" fails to exist.
Achievement "guides" shouldn't be written before the game is released nor by someone who is making unlock assumptions - "From the Young Lady" is NOT a story based achievement, when you take control of Steve simply turn around and enter the previous room. Claire offers "encouragement" and achievement pops. It's the 2nd possible achievement in the game if the player doesn't miss it just before "Changed Father".

And to resolve other debate - "To the Frozen Land" unlocks when Chris leaves Rockfort Island. Not sure why such an obvious one was being debated as it's clear with name and pic but I can confirm it unlocks when Chris arrives in Antartica.

It is stated in the guide that it is NOT COMPLETE. You will find false information. Constructive information is welcome but do not bash anyone on the forum. Your help is appreciated but let's not be rude to other members.

4th Person to 1K DDR Universe on X360A... on my old gamertag
Teh Paralyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:02 AM   #36
DeltaKappaEcho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Paralyzer View Post
It is stated in the guide that it is NOT COMPLETE. You will find false information. Constructive information is welcome but do not bash anyone on the forum. Your help is appreciated but let's not be rude to other members.
I in no way intended to be rude... But you wrote this guide, yes? I fail to see how prepping an "incomplete" guide is helpful when most of the information is a guess. It'd almost have been better if a temp explanation was in place for most of these descriptions (such as, "Will update") or if no guide was written until the game was actually out. That should be some sort of rule on this site actually as the guide could (unintentionally) spread misinformation like this one has. Even people on other forums were complaining they didn't unlock "For the Young Lady" during the story and claimed it was glitched because this guide implies it is a story based achievement.

This isn't a personal attack on any single person but more about logic. You wanted to write the guide so you prepped it when the list was posted. In my opinion that shouldn't be allowed since it gets riddled with assumptions. And for game like this (released at different dates for different regions) it can confuse players that are actually playing it (and could write a valid guide) as opposed to the writer of the guide who hasn't even managed to unlock a single achievement since they don't actually have access to this release.

Again, I'm not bashing anyone - my constructive information is, achievement guides shouldn't be written prior to game release or should only be prepped with comments like "To be determined..." rather than an unlock theory. People rush too fast to be the first person to write guides that they don't consider the validity of it all (in my opinion based on a few guides I have seen recently).

Last edited by DeltaKappaEcho; 09-19-2011 at 05:11 AM.
DeltaKappaEcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:32 AM   #37
Teh Paralyzer

Quote:
I in no way intended to be rude... But you wrote this guide, yes? I fail to see how prepping an "incomplete" guide is helpful when most of the information is a guess. It'd almost have been better if a temp explanation was in place for most of these descriptions (such as, "Will update") or if no guide was written until the game was actually out. That should be some sort of rule on this site actually as the guide could (unintentionally) spread misinformation like this one has. Even people on other forums were complaining they didn't unlock "For the Young Lady" during the story and claimed it was glitched because this guide implies it is a story based achievement.

This isn't a personal attack on any single person but more about logic. You wanted to write the guide so you prepped it when the list was posted. In my opinion that shouldn't be allowed since it gets riddled with assumptions. And for game like this (released at different dates for different regions) it can
confuse players that are actually playing it (and could write a valid guide) as
opposed to the writer of the guide who hasn't even managed to unlock a single
achievement since they don't actually have access to this release.

Again, I'm not bashing anyone - my constructive information is, achievement guides shouldn't be written prior to game release or should only be prepped
with comments like "To be determined..." rather than an unlock theory. People
rush too fast to be the first person to write guides that they don't consider the
validity of it all (in my opinion based on a few guides I have seen
recently).
That's fine I understand your opinion. I (and the other few members) have been trying to write this guide without the game due to how well we know the game. We all admitted we might be wrong on a couple achievements but rest assured that this guide will be corrected by (or on) it's release.

This guide was rushed but if someone has a problem we ask for ways to improve and honestly another gamer is allowed to write a guide. Nowhere does it say first person to write the guide gets the guide.

This guide is still being monitored by myself and TVthePunisher.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:14 PM   #38
DeltaKappaEcho

Quote:
rest assured that this guide will be corrected by (or on) it's release.
For the record, the game released in Japan almost two weeks ago. That is the primary reason I dislike the idea that a temp guide with incorrect information is posted. I completely understand wanting to write a guide to a game you know - I know this game, too. It just doesn't seem like justification to start a "temp guide" using unlock assumptions. It wouldn't matter too much if all the unlock theories were removed or if the game wasn't already available in some regions.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:16 PM   #39
Tromav

Crysonic 420's Gamercard
Quote:
For the record, the game released in Japan almost two weeks ago. That is the primary reason I dislike the idea that a temp guide with incorrect information is posted. I completely understand wanting to write a guide to a game you know - I know this game, too. It just doesn't seem like justification to start a "temp guide" using unlock assumptions. It wouldn't matter too much if all the unlock theories were removed or if the game wasn't already available in some regions.
Just started it myself, which ones are missable that you've come across so far? I've only got the first achievement as I want to play it safe and make sure I don't miss any, the next achievement I should be getting is From The Young Lady?
Tromav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:28 PM   #40
DeltaKappaEcho

Yes. You get it right when you start playing as Steve by re-entering the room Claire is in. After his sequence you'll get "Changed Father". Once you return to Claire you can now get the "Duty and Humanity" by bringing the medicine you find just before the Steve sequence back to Rodrigo. The rest - aside from Weapon Crazy and the Battle Game one - unlock through Story and can't be missed.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:42 PM   #41
Tromav

Crysonic 420's Gamercard
Ah thanks a lot for the help, thought I might've missed Duty and Humanity already and didn't want to continue playing. Great game, think I should've done this before RE4 though since it feels like going back a step in gameplay.
Tromav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:55 AM   #42
Himuton

Himuton's Gamercard
Arrow

Quote:
Yes. You get it right when you start playing as Steve by re-entering the room Claire is in. After his sequence you'll get "Changed Father". Once you return to Claire you can now get the "Duty and Humanity" by bringing the medicine you find just before the Steve sequence back to Rodrigo. The rest - aside from Weapon Crazy and the Battle Game one - unlock through Story and can't be missed.
I've read your discussion with the guide writer and I must say you're right. Not only do I own the Japanese version so I can confirm that all your information is correct, but also people on this site seems too reckless in writing guides.

I am also worried because sometimes the official guide isn't good enough but the ordinary forum members can do nothing about it. Take Forza Motorsport 2 as an example. The guide was so bad (merely elaborating on the achievement description) that I decided to write my own that has tips and tricks. But the option to replace that lame guide simply doesn't exist.

Not trying to be a punk but I am also using another achievement site: True Achievements that is more "democratic". That site let the users to write "solutions". All people can contribute. And like YouTube, other players can thumb up or thumb down a solution, as well as comment on it.
Himuton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 01:49 AM   #43
Teh Paralyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himuton View Post
I've read your discussion with the guide writer and I must say you're right. Not only do I own the Japanese version so I can confirm that all your information is correct, but also people on this site seems too reckless in writing guides.

I am also worried because sometimes the official guide isn't good enough but the ordinary forum members can do nothing about it. Take Forza Motorsport 2 as an example. The guide was so bad (merely elaborating on the achievement description) that I decided to write my own that has tips and tricks. But the option to replace that lame guide simply doesn't exist.

Not trying to be a punk but I am also using another achievement site: True Achievements that is more "democratic". That site let the users to write "solutions". All people can contribute. And like YouTube, other players can thumb up or thumb down a solution, as well as comment on it.

Hate to say it buuuuttt...... I am currently writing the walkthrough to Code Veronica and RE4 on TA so happy achievement hunting.

I am not writing seperate guides on each achievements so feel free to avoid my tips there.

This isn't my first guide. Ive writen the War For Cybertron guide. Over on TA I wrote

LOTG (Pending)
Fruit Ninja Kinect (Pending)
Bayonetta (Published)
War for Cybertron (Published)
DDR Universe 1,2,3 and the DDR reboot (Published)
X-blades (Published)

I apologize if you feel my guide is sloppy or rushed but I will clean it up and update it so that everyone may benfit from it.

Last edited by Teh Paralyzer; 09-24-2011 at 02:04 AM.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:05 AM   #44
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I'd like to revamp my previous post, before it becomes an issue...I'd say it is easily 25+ hours to get the thousand G. Especially if you're fresh to this game and are having a hard time with the controls or die a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenderPowguin View Post
I'll support any post of CrazyMv94's that isn't whining from lack of social connection.
TVthePunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:53 AM   #45
backbiter

curving bullets's Gamercard
Getting this when it comes out! Achievements don't look so bad here so we'll see how it goes.
backbiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:16 AM   #46
Rohieze

Anyone wanna confirm 2 things about Weapon Crazy.
Does the EU/UK version (PAL) have an Easy difficulty setting?
And does it affect the Weapon Crazy achievement in any way?
Thanks
Rohieze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:39 PM   #47
EliteShadowMan

EliteShadowMan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Playing through a little bit of it so far, and i haven't seen any difficulty option. Is this going to happen to another US version of Resident evil?
EliteShadowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:09 PM   #48
resevil239

Does anyone know if there is anyway to pause the game so it doesn't contribute to the timer for the weapon crazy achievement (I say anyway because RE4 has two pauses, one for the inventory and one by hitting back that is the actual pause menu and I'm pretty sure that only the back one actually pauses the time)?
resevil239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:41 PM   #49
miiiguel

SlayerSpecial's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himuton View Post

Personally, I much prefer the information which I get from x360a rather than TruAchievements (which I use for other stuff, like stats). These 2 RE-HD WIP guides were useful to me, and I think the criticism, while well put and with some good points, are a bit too harsh. That said, the writer should correct the RE4 HD guide where it states (at least 2 days ago) that you can play on Easy to unlock Professional which it doesn't seem to be true, while I am playing on Normal there are several ppl complaining that the guide instructed they could do it on Easy.
miiiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:16 PM   #50
The Stray

NeoStrayCat's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by resevil239 View Post
Does anyone know if there is anyway to pause the game so it doesn't contribute to the timer for the weapon crazy achievement?
Nope, you gotta do it in one setting, at least there's still the mid-point save just in case you mess up, and have to do 1.5-2hrs again.

And 2. The US version (Currently played and beat), still does not have a difficulty option. IDK if EU does have one though.

Sig by Setsuna

Last edited by The Stray; 09-27-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:12 PM   #51
SonikkuHedgehog

sonikkuhedgehog's Gamercard
When you pause the game, does the timer freeze?
SonikkuHedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:48 PM   #52
The Stray

NeoStrayCat's Gamercard

Nope, just have to do it in one sitting cause the time keeps counting.

Sig by Setsuna

Last edited by The Stray; 09-29-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:50 AM   #53
Teh Paralyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miiiguel View Post
Personally, I much prefer the information which I get from x360a rather than TruAchievements (which I use for other stuff, like stats). These 2 RE-HD WIP guides were useful to me, and I think the criticism, while well put and with some good points, are a bit too harsh. That said, the writer should correct the RE4 HD guide where it states (at least 2 days ago) that you can play on Easy to unlock Professional which it doesn't seem to be true, while I am playing on Normal there are several ppl complaining that the guide instructed they could do it on Easy.
Geez people...

I never said Easy unlocks professional in RE4. Never Ever Said it.

I said the guide is not finished.

This guide STILL says it's not complete

I said I know its vague and I will update

reading everyone's post I think it's safe to say nobody reads my comments and just scans through the guide and says it sucks ass.

I said it before and I'll say it again.

I WILL UPDATE the guide. This is not going to forever look like this.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:04 AM   #54
Plym

PlymSol's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
And how many times do YOU have to be told that you should not be posting a guide unless it is complete and you have a majority of the achievements?
You just tried to be the first guide up and it is incomplete just like your Resident Evil 4 guide.

And yeah, what was that bragging comment all about? Bragging about what??

Arcade 200Gs
Worms, Banjo-Kazooie, Dead Rising 2: Case Zero
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection, SF3: Online Edition
Streets of Rage 2
Plym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:21 AM   #55
Teh Paralyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plym View Post
And how many times do YOU have to be told that you should not be posting a guide unless it is complete and you have a majority of the achievements?
You just tried to be the first guide up and it is incomplete just like your Resident Evil 4 guide.

And yeah, what was that bragging comment all about? Bragging about what??

Resident Evil 4 was just about complete when the game released. 2 days before it's US release every solution for each achievement was correct.

For this guide I had help from JPN players.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:56 AM   #56
EliteShadowMan

EliteShadowMan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Resident Evil 4 was just about complete when the game released. 2 days before it's US release every solution for each achievement was correct.

For this guide I had help from JPN players.
But it's against the rules to create a guide if you don't have the majority of the achievements/or all of them. Also you posted the guides 2 months early? talk about desperate.
EliteShadowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:05 AM   #57
Teh Paralyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteShadowMan View Post
But it's against the rules to create a guide if you don't have the majority of the achievements/or all of them. Also you posted the guides 2 months early? talk about desperate.

Honestly didn't know it was a rule. I've seen guides made early before didn't think it was an issue with the site. I knew members would probably be upset however.

When both RE guides were first created we mostly had an achievement discussion here up until it's release.

Now this is a full achievement guide.

Last edited by Teh Paralyzer; 09-28-2011 at 02:37 AM.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:31 PM   #58
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I've just mainly sat on the sidelines for the um...well, whatever this is that's going on in this thread right now. I've seen opinions, people arguing about opinions...whatever the case, the important thing here is "What will help the gamer?". I admit to taking my part in working on this early, with my Avatar Kinect guide on this site I had earned all the achievements before making it and I do believe that is important to advise players rather than end up with...well, what happened on the RE4HD forum.

So, I have plans to rectify this. Putting the veteran CVX player on the side and focusing on new players, I will construct a new guide but give credit to Paralyzer (as he does deserve it). I will NOT construct the guide until I have all the achievements however, but there won't be spoiler tags (except in Steve's case, you don't want to be spoiled on anything like that) and it will be clean. The roadmap I posted for both was a bit messy...I have plants to fix that. (Edit: Plans*, but I thought that was humorous so I kept it...=P )

I'm an organized person, I believe I can make this right. For now, several posters with negative opinions said they are done discussing it so let them be...I'm not choosing a side on all of this, I just believe we should come to something peaceful and FOR the gamer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenderPowguin View Post
I'll support any post of CrazyMv94's that isn't whining from lack of social connection.
TVthePunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:25 PM   #59
Teh Paralyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVthePunisher View Post
I've just mainly sat on the sidelines for the um...well, whatever this is that's going on in this thread right now. I've seen opinions, people arguing about opinions...whatever the case, the important thing here is "What will help the gamer?". I admit to taking my part in working on this early, with my Avatar Kinect guide on this site I had earned all the achievements before making it and I do believe that is important to advise players rather than end up with...well, what happened on the RE4HD forum.

So, I have plans to rectify this. Putting the veteran CVX player on the side and focusing on new players, I will construct a new guide but give credit to Paralyzer (as he does deserve it). I will NOT construct the guide until I have all the achievements however, but there won't be spoiler tags (except in Steve's case, you don't want to be spoiled on anything like that) and it will be clean. The roadmap I posted for both was a bit messy...I have plants to fix that. (Edit: Plans*, but I thought that was humorous so I kept it...=P )

I'm an organized person, I believe I can make this right. For now, several posters with negative opinions said they are done discussing it so let them be...I'm not choosing a side on all of this, I just believe we should come to something peaceful and FOR the gamer.
Thats fair. All my solutions are correct and I updated day 1 as I promised but people here still seem to not give a damn and focus on arguing with each other and saying how sloppy this guide is so I don't see any hope here as hardly anyone is attempting to use this guide (to my knowledge)

Soon my TA walkthrough for Code Veronica will be published and that was my goal anyways as was MK Kollection.

Old 09-29-2011, 12:46 AM   #60
berserkerninja

beserkerninja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteShadowMan View Post
Where is that a rule? Just read through http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=180629 and couldn't find it.

x360: Beserkerninja
berserkerninja is offline   Reply With Quote