PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Party > Viva Pinata: Party Animals
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-08-2007, 08:53 PM   #31
o0EVIL0o x360a

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by archaic frost View Post
for the play all challenge events, does anyone know if you can simply go into practice mode, click one, let it run, go back, go to the next, let it run, etc. etc.? i tried doing that the other night and didn't get the achievement (i could have missed one i guess), but if i don't have to actually play, it would be easy for me to let it run while i'm working on homework or something else. any idea?

also, does anyone have quick ways to get the Megaton, Rashberry Gluttony, Int'l Pinata of Mystery, Rainbow of Pinatas and So Awesome achievements? those are (pretty much) the only ones i have left, and want to get them the fastest possible way...
any ideas, tips or advice, please let me know.
Play All Challenge Events: I tried everything in practice mode and strangely, it unlocked after playing a mission that I KNOW I'd already done. You should be able to just let it run though. There's like 42 challenge events, so make sure you have them all unlocked.

Megaton: I got this naturally while going after other acheivements. You have to hit each pinata with a fiesta missle at least once. You should get it while going after Rainbow of Pinatas.

Rashberry Gluttony: Just go into practice mode and do a few rounds of bowling.

Int'l Pinata of Mystery: Just start a race (works best with 4 controllers) and race up to a spot with lots of powerup pickups. Just "drive" around in circles picking up and using the powerups. Eventually you'll get lucky and get all of them off before the other guys finish the race. Using 4 controllers ensures the race won't end too early.

Rainbow of Pinatas: Use two controllers and select a character with player 2. Then select that same character with player 1. Do a short game and win or lose, it doesn't matter. Then move onto the next character choosing first with player 2.

Master of Unlocking: Barry gives you the lockpick for free near the beginning and you're able to unlock any door that would normally require the sword key. In other words, just keep playing the game to unlock that one.
o0EVIL0o x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 04:15 PM   #32
Mr Arrow

Mr Arrow's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VGA o0EVIL0o View Post

Megaton: I got this naturally while going after other acheivements. You have to hit each pinata with a fiesta missle at least once. You should get it while going after Rainbow of Pinatas.
I tried this is 'practice' mode and did not get it. I guess it has to be done in a full game.

Quote:
Int'l Pinata of Mystery: Just start a race (works best with 4 controllers) and race up to a spot with lots of powerup pickups. Just "drive" around in circles picking up and using the powerups. Eventually you'll get lucky and get all of them off before the other guys finish the race. Using 4 controllers ensures the race won't end too early.
Once again this did not unlock for me in 'practice' mode.

I was going for the 'short cut' achievements and got if after only doing about half of them. I know without a doubt that there were some on the list I never did. Oh well.....not complaining.

Quote:
Master of Unlocking: Barry gives you the lockpick for free near the beginning and you're able to unlock any door that would normally require the sword key. In other words, just keep playing the game to unlock that one.
This one baffles me. How many GD races do I have to do?

Last edited by Mr Arrow; 11-14-2007 at 04:17 PM.
Mr Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:43 PM   #33
SuperSouter

supersouter's Gamercard
This game is easy for achievements, I just did a quick party by myself and got nearly 200 points!

SuperSouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 05:19 PM   #34
Bomber v4

Frosty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Does anyone know a good challenge event to get more than 99 candies on. I cant seem to get anywhere close to 99

Thanks

Bomber v4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 05:29 PM   #35
ezekiel 08

ezekiel 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8er x View Post
Does anyone know a good challenge event to get more than 99 candies on. I cant seem to get anywhere close to 99

Thanks
Just play Bouncy Bowling, should get it 1st go, very easy!
ezekiel 08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:58 AM   #36
MajinFro

MajinFro's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Gamerscore League Season 5 MVP   Donator - Level 1   Member of the Month
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Has anyone figured out a way to unlock this yet??
even if someone hasn't played the game. you always start out with like half of the events unlocked already. basically i think you need to be the host (the one with all unlocked), set a game to long, and hope you get an event that someone doesn't have unlocked. I did this and got it on the 2nd challenge event(person had non unlocked).
Old 11-19-2007, 07:20 AM   #37
Bobtroid

Send a message via AIM to Bobtroid

Bobtroid's Gamercard
Anybody just start the game or have an extra gold account that can help out my friend in getting the Share and Share alike achievement, Play a game with someone who hasn’t unlocked a Challenge Event you have unlocked.? He also has the Catch it if you Can achievement. If so let me know and I will tell him. His GT is CoolerAC52

Thanks

My game collection.
Bobtroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:38 PM   #38
Mrcapcom

Send a message via AIM to Mrcapcom Send a message via MSN to Mrcapcom Send a message via Yahoo to Mrcapcom

MrCapcom's Gamercard
I just started i got most of them bust still need more like the one where we all have to be horstatcio anywho Mrcapcom is my gamertag add me and we can do some boosting
Mrcapcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:57 PM   #39
Mrcapcom

Send a message via AIM to Mrcapcom Send a message via MSN to Mrcapcom Send a message via Yahoo to Mrcapcom

MrCapcom's Gamercard
thanks for helping me last nite bob hit me up on aim
Mrcapcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 02:15 AM   #40
Lt Dark Hunter

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Has anyone confirmed if you can or can't get the share and share alike with two accounts on the same console playing long games?? Thanks in advance.
Lt Dark Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 04:26 AM   #41
Bomber v4

Frosty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dark Hunter View Post
Has anyone confirmed if you can or can't get the share and share alike with two accounts on the same console playing long games?? Thanks in advance.
I tried it already and it didnt work. You can try again, but im sure it doesnt work like that.

Bomber v4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:17 AM   #42
seriosblack

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Hi Everyone I just got the game today and its brill!

I have the catch it if you can achiev if anyone wants it, also if anyone could help me on the win matches you havent hosted would be grand and id do it in return, just add me (my headphones are broke though)

seriosblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:10 AM   #43
bdg7884

bdg7884's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Score League First Place, Season 3   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
This share and share alike ach. is killing me! It's the last one I need, and for the life of me I can't get it. I have played many games with people who don't have the unlock all challenges ach. and still can't get this thing to unlock. Even tried the a new account I made and that didn't work... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I finally got it! This ach. is really retarded... Good luck to all who choose to play this.

Last edited by bdg7884; 11-29-2007 at 09:57 PM.
bdg7884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:16 PM   #44
seriosblack

any tips on how to get the 25 punkins one? Ive tried keeping 1 player still with a spare controller but i only ever get 20 punkins

Going to target the shortcuts tonight

Thanks for the people who helped me the other night
Old 11-29-2007, 01:32 PM   #45
Molneze3

Molneze's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Bright Idea   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by seriosblack View Post
any tips on how to get the 25 punkins one? Ive tried keeping 1 player still with a spare controller but i only ever get 20 punkins
I'm trying that one also right now, and stuck on it. does anyone know for sure if this will unlock in practice mode? Or do you need to be playing the actual game?
Old 11-29-2007, 07:00 PM   #46
seriosblack

I know for deffinet achievs can be unlocked in practice because i did the "every race" every challange and the hit 4 things in a row (forgot the name)
So im sure this will, im counting my punkins and getting close.

Hubbys having ago for me soon wish me luck :-p
Old 11-29-2007, 07:32 PM   #47
bdg7884

bdg7884's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Score League First Place, Season 3   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
You can get all ach. in practice mode. I didn't have all the challenges and went and played the ones I knew I hadn't played and got the all challenges ach.
Here is what I did for the pumpkin one... Plug in a 2nd and 3rd controller keep tapping the joystick with your finger, toe, whatever makes you happy so they don't time out. This makes it so you only have to fight one other guy for pumpkins. First try was success for me
Old 11-29-2007, 07:36 PM   #48
seriosblack

only have 1 spare controller
Old 11-29-2007, 09:56 PM   #49
bdg7884

bdg7884's Gamercard

Just do that then... Atleast there is one less to worry about.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:23 PM   #50
seriosblack

Im having a rest now :-p gone onto stuntman. my xbox wont go online for some reason

Ive got 3 other games ive had for days and not played got too addicted to viva pinatta think its much better then the 1st!
Old 12-01-2007, 01:22 AM   #51
Tom19

Flax Monkey's Gamercard
This share and share alike achievment is really getting to me now.
I cant seem to get it, is there anyone on here thats not got all the challenges unlocked or has just got the game?
If you wouldnt mind doing 1 or 2 long games with me to see if i get it i will help with any achievements you need.
thanks.
Tom19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 08:27 PM   #52
andyc83

L1lC24's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
For anyone still wondering.. you CAN unlock the Play All Challenge Events achievement in practice mode. Just be careful when X'ing out ones you believe you've played as like Messy Mayhem is a pumpkin level, there is another level just like it, except it has the red ants running in it. So, make sure you play both! Hope this helps in future Party Animal'ers ha!

andyc83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 10:14 PM   #53
swirlymanx

A Veteran Gamer's Gamercard
figured that out when I got my first achievement on practice, by the way nice gamerscore.
swirlymanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 03:04 AM   #54
KotoR Sentinel

KotoR Sentinel's Gamercard
Yeahh... this Share and Share Alike achievement's drivin me mad... has anyone figured out EXACTLY how to do it?

Last edited by KotoR Sentinel; 12-03-2007 at 03:05 AM. Reason: 'cuz I'm a tard
KotoR Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 03:15 AM   #55
thrlride

thrlride's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Can you get the 'use every character' and 'win with every character' achievements in practice? Those didn't pop for me.
thrlride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:11 AM   #56
KotoR Sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrlride View Post
Can you get the 'use every character' and 'win with every character' achievements in practice? Those didn't pop for me.
No, unfortunately you can't. You have to win actual games to get those achievements. Just play through on short (having 3 extra controllers helps) and make sure you win.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:23 AM   #57
thrlride

thrlride's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KotoR Sentinel View Post
No, unfortunately you can't. You have to win actual games to get those achievements. Just play through on short (having 3 extra controllers helps) and make sure you win.
I did short games and won all events with each character. I did not get the achievement for completing all 8 nor winning with all 8. I did not use the main color as I was trying to get rainbow as well. Does it have to be the main color?
Old 12-05-2007, 04:54 AM   #58
KotoR Sentinel

Quote:
I did short games and won all events with each character. I did not get the achievement for completing all 8 nor winning with all 8. I did not use the main color as I was trying to get rainbow as well. Does it have to be the main color?
Did you get the rainbow achievement? If you managed to get that, but did't get either of the others, than I'm not sure what to say at the moment. If you didn't get the rainbow achievement either, you may have passed over one of the characters.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:50 AM   #59
thrlride

thrlride's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KotoR Sentinel View Post
Did you get the rainbow achievement? If you managed to get that, but did't get either of the others, than I'm not sure what to say at the moment. If you didn't get the rainbow achievement either, you may have passed over one of the characters.
To get the rainbow one I have to pick the character with another controller first, right? I'll just have to to go back and do them again. I know I did Hudson because I got the points for using all four. I know I used Penutia pretzel since I got those points as well.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:28 AM   #60
KotoR Sentinel

Quote:
To get the rainbow one I have to pick the character with another controller first, right? I'll just have to to go back and do them again. I know I did Hudson because I got the points for using all four. I know I used Penutia pretzel since I got those points as well.
Alright. The best way that I found to get your achievements was to systematically move through each of the characters. And yeah, you have to select the character you want with a second controller BEFORE you select it in order to use the alternate color. Start with Hudson and move straight on right across the top row, playing and winning short games. Do the same for the bottom row and you should get all of the achievements you're after.