PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Alice: Madness Returns
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-08-2011, 05:58 PM   #1
II OE II

II OE II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Official Bitching Thread

Due to a relatively large number of bitching threads already posted, i have created this one to hopefully reduce the amount of threads being created.

Use this thread for all your bitching purposes. Thanks

GUIDES:
Alice: Madness Returns (Ach, Col)
Arcania Gothic 4 Recipies
Armored Core: For Answer Complete Guide
Castlevania Lords of Shadow Collectables
Dark Souls Achievement Guide
Dragon Age II Supplier
FF13-2 Fragment Guide
L.A. Noire Cases
II OE II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:47 AM   #2
MrTaste

burntout2800's Gamercard
Well someone has to bitch about it, so here. I want to bitch about how fucking wicked this game is, and I want to bitch about the bitch thread because its such a bitch. totally unfunny I know
Old 07-09-2011, 05:35 AM   #3
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Can't really think of anything in this game to bitch about except for the original game and the list would be too long to contain in a post of this size. Thanks for listening...
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 04:12 PM   #4
DarthSoth

I DarthSoth I's Gamercard

Well the jumping and water sections in the original game are a major source of frustration for me. Just a little bit of cursing at my tv went on during that fucking river part where you need to jump from and to floating leaves.

The end Boss battle was a little cheap. Those fucking grabby hands were annoying as hell and the walking fingers attack that just seemed to go on forever and was unblockable drove me nuts.

Typical platformer camera annoyances at times. Especially the way it would go all cockeyed at an odd angle while locked on sometimes was annoying at times.

Couple levels tended to drag on a little too long .

Nothing that was really THAT bad though. I really enjoyed the game and I'm totally happy I bought it.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
DarthSoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:58 AM   #5
CressDX

CressDX's Gamercard
The only thing i can bitch about is the lenght of the game.. i wanted it to be longer
I loved it so much that i didnīt want it to end.

Last edited by CressDX; 07-10-2011 at 01:00 AM.
CressDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:05 AM   #6
GENWAKU

Send a message via AIM to GENWAKU

genwaku's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
^ Same. I have to say I don't have much to bitch about concerning Madness Returns. It was honestly thrilling to play and I enjoyed every minute of it, even hunting for collectibles and running through it on nightmare difficulty. All of the achievements were awesome, too. A nice mixture of challenging and simple.

A lot of people have already bitched about the original game, but the one thing to frustrate me most with that one, aside from how clunky the combat was, was the underwater sequences. Oh, boy. And did it ever piss me off finally managing to master some platforming/puzzle piece that required absolute timing and precision, then being blown off by one of those mouth breathing jerks.

I think the original is a "hate it or love it" type of game and at some parts it was just downright terrible and infuriating, but the last couple of boss battles, the characters, the story and the music really are amazing. Shame about the platforming and combat. I'm glad I finally got it done.
GENWAKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:26 AM   #7
MrTaste

burntout2800's Gamercard
I am playing original, And is feeling this was so much easier with Keyboard and Mouse. Trying to aim and throw a knife, is almost impossible or I am just permently . I loved first one, Im not finding all the love so far with trying to aim or am I missing somthing???
Old 07-12-2011, 01:42 AM   #8
Steel2040

I am peeved not at the game cause I really enjoyed playing it through twice. But the fact if you didnt by the game new you didnt get the first game which is required to get the full 1000 gamer score otherwise your stuck paying 10 dollars ie 800 points and in the end spending 65 for a used game 5 dollars more then a new one lol. I am just saying so many games add on or add extra add on games when I think of the gamer score on this reminds me of hell boy the golden and its freaking 850 mark lol.
Steel2040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:32 PM   #9
Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi634's Gamercard
Some of the texture work in Madness Returns was pretty poor, and there were some gameplay sections that were reused too many times. Other than that, yeah, all of my gripes are with Alice 1. Playing Quake in third-person was just not a very good idea, especially coupled with a so-called "Easy" difficulty that is anything but. Frustrating game.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:20 PM   #10
weaselcannon

UTBcannon's Gamercard
I'm seriously having a hard time playing it for any extended period. Especially the first one, it has not aged well at all. It's a shame really. Still, I shall endeavour to 1k this one. Someday.
weaselcannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:47 PM   #11
DarthSoth

I DarthSoth I's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuukishi View Post
Some of the texture work in Madness Returns was pretty poor, and there were some gameplay sections that were reused too many times. Other than that, yeah, all of my gripes are with Alice 1. Playing Quake in third-person was just not a very good idea, especially coupled with a so-called "Easy" difficulty that is anything but. Frustrating game.

I know what you mean. If it weren't for the Jacks I would have lost my mind playing the first game. And WTF is with getting totally ass-raped on that lava region where a whole bunch of badguys spawn at the same time? I think it is just before the queen. And the Jabberwock can just kiss my ass.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
DarthSoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:22 AM   #12
xxchelzxx

xxchelzxx's Gamercard
Finally managed to finish the original. I have never been so peeved at a game before- those underwater levels toward the end caused me to just about lose my mind. Glitches everywhere and having to save constantly is not my idea of good time. Love Madness Returns though, no complaints there.
xxchelzxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:32 AM   #13
XenoSamurai

XenoSamurai's Gamercard
I loved Madness Returns it is one of my favorites so I got nothing to bitch about it

the original though is so much harder and kinda boring, but I know it's old and that it was good for its time. I will finish it for the achievements though it will take me a while.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:14 AM   #14
waxc3

waxc3's Gamercard
i beat chap 1 on nightmare and got no achieve. >

/bitch

da da da dahh! bitchpudding!
waxc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:21 PM   #15
Steel2040

waxc3 I seen a few people happen to with the nightmare I cant remember where I read it online but some of the guys said to recover your gamer profile wich is a bitch but it should pop. If any ones got a link to what I read throw it up for her to see lol.
Steel2040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:16 AM   #16
Jellybean468

godsandm0nsters's Gamercard

I thought that both Alice games were amazing. Sure, the first isn't exactly the most beautiful or aesthetic game ever, but I still enjoyed it. The only thing was the second encounter with the Jabberwock, but once you get used to it it's fine. The second was on an entirely different level, and I just loved it. Chapter 1 and 4 especially. They were amazing.

Deus Ex Achievement Guide | xbox.com
Retail Completions: 38 | Arcade Completions: 15
Seriously 3.0: Total Onyx Medals - 24/65 | Level 86
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed III, Borderlands 2
Jellybean468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:44 PM   #17
BeefyWhale

Beefywhale's Gamercard
The game just looks so empty and half finished in some places.
BeefyWhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:19 PM   #18
Pormogo

underworld toad's Gamercard
Odd voice acting.

Thanks to N3xus Gam3r!

Last edited by Pormogo; 07-14-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Pormogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:45 PM   #19
ikaruga

celestial purge's Gamercard
what sucks about this game: long repetitive boring stages, fighting the same creatures over and over and over, a horrible camera, long sleep-inducing bits of non-action, horrible platforming, no cool boss fights, every fight is easy, collectible achievements, the level select overwrites your save file, the pig snouts are ridiculous looking, the Unreal engine is older than my grandma, you have to play through the even more horrible first game to get 1000/1000, i paid 50$ for this poop.

what doesn't suck about this game: *crickets
ikaruga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:13 AM   #20
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikaruga View Post
what sucks about this game: long repetitive boring stages, fighting the same creatures over and over and over, a horrible camera, long sleep-inducing bits of non-action, horrible platforming, no cool boss fights, every fight is easy, collectible achievements, the level select overwrites your save file, the pig snouts are ridiculous looking, the Unreal engine is older than my grandma, you have to play through the even more horrible first game to get 1000/1000, i paid 50$ for this poop.

what doesn't suck about this game: *crickets
Sounds like someone just doesn't like video games...
Old 07-16-2011, 04:53 AM   #21
ikaruga

oh i love video games, just not the crappy ones.

i forgot to mention those horrible 'off with her head' sections. those were like some fairly unimaginative Game Design major's senior project. it was honestly some of the worst poop I have ever tasted. No matter how many times I brush my teeth, I keep finding little bits of peanut on my bristles.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:36 PM   #22
defaultdotxbe

default dot xbe's Gamercard
Quote:
oh i love video games, just not the crappy ones.

i forgot to mention those horrible 'off with her head' sections. those were like some fairly unimaginative Game Design major's senior project. it was honestly some of the worst poop I have ever tasted. No matter how many times I brush my teeth, I keep finding little bits of peanut on my bristles.
i think youd be hard pressed to find any game that doesnt have 2 or 3 things off your "list of things that suck"

also, your dislike of repetitiveness is ironic given your username
Old 07-16-2011, 05:47 PM   #23
ikaruga

Quote:
Originally Posted by defaultdotxbe View Post
i think youd be hard pressed to find any game that doesnt have 2 or 3 things off your "list of things that suck"

also, your dislike of repetitiveness is ironic given your username
true dat! but its rare to find a gem that has them all in one diaper-wrapped bundle. also, repetitive isn't bad when the things being repeated are not lukewarm turds. i'm not usually one to judge games so harshly. heck, i even enjoyed golden axe: beast rider. but this game is so pretentiously poop-laden that it strikes a nerve. i don't think i'll ever get the stains out of my carpet.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:56 PM   #24
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Quote:
true dat! but its rare to find a gem that has them all in one diaper-wrapped bundle. also, repetitive isn't bad when the things being repeated are not lukewarm turds. i'm not usually one to judge games so harshly. heck, i even enjoyed golden axe: beast rider. but this game is so pretentiously poop-laden that it strikes a nerve. i don't think i'll ever get the stains out of my carpet.
I finally removed my diaper from playing the original game but I think the majority of players really enjoyed madness returns. Just sayin'...
Old 07-17-2011, 09:51 AM   #25
lovecraftian

KAPTAIN KIRBY's Gamercard
I Remember Now...

I DO remember loving and enjoying this game on the PC, but I don't think the original Alice translated to the 360 very well at all.
lovecraftian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:10 AM   #26
ReikoXAN

Reiko XAN's Gamercard
should have been longer
ReikoXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:36 AM   #27
lazygammer13

Location: I live in a small little Nowheresville in Michigan.

lazygammer13's Gamercard
Its a good game but I swear to God this last part on chapter one is driving me freaking insane!!! I can't friggin' do it!! Three hives, a ton of thos baby sludge things, the tea pot, and the huge baby thing.... ARRGH!!!! For this part alone, I want to punch the game makers.
lazygammer13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:08 PM   #28
snipeye

snipeye 17's Gamercard
bitch
snipeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:13 PM   #29
jae200

soulstlkr2's Gamercard
I don't know what it is about this game.. I wanted to love it.. It seemed just the thing I'd like even though I never played the original.. I loved it at first but the underwater level really started to wear on me and seemed to have little to do with the actual story.. The Asian level? Same deal, little to do with the story.. There really wasn't anything in the way of boss fights until the end. the collectibles wore on my nerves (I hate collectibles).. The levels went on and on for hours with just a 10 point achievement at the end. My favorite parts of the game were set in London but there wasn't really anything to do in them then I came to the part with Alice in a straitjacket and a shaved head and it lost me.. I was excited that the original game came with it but after getting the achievement for the first level and trying the lever puzzle on level 2 and dying over and over I gave up on it. Damn.
jae200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:01 AM   #30
SonOfStayPuft

Send a message via Skype™ to SonOfStayPuft

SonOfStayPuft82's Gamercard
My only concern for Madness Returns, was that it got repetitive... a lot.

Another Steam Pipe Section? Ugghhh...go on then!

Last edited by SonOfStayPuft; 07-28-2011 at 10:03 AM.
SonOfStayPuft is offline   Reply With Quote