PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Adventure > Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-08-2011, 09:55 PM   #1
Tanaki Khan

Tanaki khan's Gamercard
IRON achievement query

With the IRON achievements, how do you go back and do them after completing the game?

I was doing fine until I messed up regular saving in Egypt. Mistiming my jump thru 3 crushers balancing on poles I reckon I died and did not load, instead letting it put me back at the checkpoint before the trap. After I did the trap and got to next checkpoint I saved and literally realised what I had done just after.

I ask because I noticed when doing a replay a while back that when replaying the "save" option becomes "save rewards" and the load is greyed out.

Please don't tell me you actually have to play though a new game just to get a later one you need
Tanaki Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:25 AM   #2
Crashoverclock

Ive tried the lot i have the same problem in Egypt and i think you have to play through the game again to get to Egypt and then not mess up.
Crashoverclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:52 PM   #3
ReynoldsM

I would imagine you have to start again. When i've been replaying levels I can no longer save when I hit checkpoints only save rewards. After testing this by dying this doesn't load your game again and so i dont think these are possible after a completed game.

Therefore, Im doing the time trials which im finding very very rageworthy atm :P Then I plan to delete saves and start again to get the non dying achievements. Very frustrating 1000 atm.
ReynoldsM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:50 AM   #4
Mr G85X

Mr G85x's Gamercard
During my current playthrough in Egypt I was jumping onto some poles with the crushing walls above them, I've been playing the game with constant saves and had no trouble with iron achievements so far, but here I jumped and I assume because the walls hadn't fully retracted it did not register the pole in front and I just slid right off it. Now this worse part is instead of being able to pause and load it threw me right into a loading screen, I exited to dashboard before it finished loading and then restarted the game and loaded my previous save. Do you reckon this will affect my achievements?

Mr G85X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:29 AM   #5
JingerBreadMann

JingerBreadMann's Gamercard
Mr. G85X, I'm not sure if that will affect it, but, you should just be able to restart the level (via replay level) and beat it without dying. I missed out on IRON Raider Greece when I first played through. When I went back to mop up, it unlocked after beating the first level of Greece. That tells me the game remembers which levels you beat without dying and which you did not. Hope this helps anyone else wondering this.

Last edited by JingerBreadMann; 05-10-2012 at 03:31 AM.
JingerBreadMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:34 AM   #6
xRyudo

ryudo300's Gamercard
I missed out the one in Greece as well, though I'm not sure which level. Greece is very frustrating with the absurd puzzle rooms. Not sure which one I hate more, Greece or Egypt.

I don't really feel like replaying Greece entirely though just to figure out what point I died at. I think I'll just skip that Achievement.
xRyudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #7
Qu33n Embla

Qu33n Embla's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr G85X View Post
During my current playthrough in Egypt I was jumping onto some poles with the crushing walls above them, I've been playing the game with constant saves and had no trouble with iron achievements so far, but here I jumped and I assume because the walls hadn't fully retracted it did not register the pole in front and I just slid right off it. Now this worse part is instead of being able to pause and load it threw me right into a loading screen, I exited to dashboard before it finished loading and then restarted the game and loaded my previous save. Do you reckon this will affect my achievements?
I know this is an old thread but I wanted to reply anyway. No, it shouldn't affect your achievements at all. I messed up several times and was not able to reload my save when I died, and the game started loading with the autosave instead. When that happened, I just waited until the game was finished with loading the autosave, before I right after reloaded my manual save before progressing any further. All the achievements popped for me. Just reload your save right after and you should be fine, no dashboarding is needed.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:39 PM   #8
SenorDingDong2K

SenorDingDong2K's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qu33n Embla View Post
no dashboarding is needed.
....wish I knew that then.
SenorDingDong2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:15 PM   #9
500Heavens

Five00Heavens's Gamercard
I had problems like this too; I did the whole saving thing and even though there was no checkpoint when I died, it still didn't count
500Heavens is offline   Reply With Quote