PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Puzzle and Word > Tetris Splash
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-11-2007, 09:16 PM   #1
L3giOn

I L3giOn I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Gears of War Annex Challenge Runners Up   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Submit - Bronze   Street Fighter 2 Runner-up   Donator - Level 1   UNO - Gold
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Achievement Discussion

Discuss the achievements here.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:23 PM   #2
sheldipez

sheldipez's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
10 hours multiplayer !!! thats a bit nuts aint it.... personally i will be happy to get the T Spin achievement !

sheldipez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:24 PM   #3
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
At least it isn't some 100 hours BS. 10 hours should be doable. It may take me a moth or something but I will probably get it. Best case scenario is if it can be boosted so that you just rubberband the controller so that it does the inifinate spin.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:34 PM   #4
sheldipez

sheldipez's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi273 View Post
At least it isn't some 100 hours BS. 10 hours should be doable.
Should be - i haven't worked out if lobby time and time when you are waiting for other players to finish (when they continue after you have lost) counts towards this...

Old 10-03-2007, 07:43 PM   #5
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldipez View Post
Should be - i haven't worked out if lobby time and time when you are waiting for other players to finish (when they continue after you have lost) counts towards this...
We will probably never know, unless someone uses a timer when they play online lol.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:06 PM   #6
sheldipez

sheldipez's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi273 View Post
We will probably never know, unless someone uses a timer when they play online lol.
I think they do - the game menu says "Play Time : 1:49" under my leaderboard stats and i've had a quick look at my liveeye page that has play time as 2 hrs 7 mins

cool - five days of 2 hours each should have it done...

Old 10-03-2007, 08:11 PM   #7
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldipez View Post
I think they do - the game menu says "Play Time : 1:49" under my leaderboard stats and i've had a quick look at my liveeye page that has play time as 2 hrs 7 mins

cool - five days of 2 hours each should have it done...
hahaha oh shit nice!
Old 10-05-2007, 08:32 AM   #8
Infected Z

Infected Z's Gamercard
I just got the combo and all-in-one achievements, an easy way to do them is to start building up a huge stack like you would to get a tetris but leave two open spaces then when the stack is at the highest you think you can make it you start dropping stuff down into the open spaces, managed to get 10x combo that way. From there just start making a t-spin single and double. After that just get a tetris, triple, ect. if you still need them. Thought it would take me ages to get these but only took about 10 mins and a few tries for the 8x combo.
Infected Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:35 PM   #9
Smokey4Bandit20

Someone should work out a plan of attack for the 8x combo, I think there may be a bit of luck involved. You cannot drop a piece that does not clear a line, that's pretty tough if the pieces aren't given in the proper order. Using the Left trigger piece switch is a must I'm sure, I mean a couple of yellow cubes in the piece lineup is gonna screw you. I haven't even gotten to 6x yet! Pshh. Ten hours is easier...lol .
Smokey4Bandit20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:58 PM   #10
Infected Z

Infected Z's Gamercard
Dude i just said how to do it above your post...
Old 10-07-2007, 02:13 AM   #11
Eric Draven

Eric Draven's Gamercard
How do you "complete" a Marathon game? don't they just keep going till you die?

Speedster
Complete a Single Player game of Marathon in 20 minutes or less.
Eric Draven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 07:27 AM   #12
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Ah I was just about to ask about the 8x combo... so I need to clear at least one line, 8 pieces in a row. Does holding the piece break the combo?

Also, about the marathon question, in this game, marathon has an ending, I havent figured out if it is by score, level, or number of lines yet. I am hoping it is by level, as you can start at level 15 and could get the speed achievement easily. There is also a meter that as far as I can tell, fills up as you play. I have a hard time playing and watching it at the same time.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:18 PM   #13
zFerus

Send a message via AIM to zFerus Send a message via MSN to zFerus Send a message via Yahoo to zFerus

zFerus's Gamercard
I just beat Marathon mode, all you have to do is finish level 15. I started at level 14 and it took me 10 minutes to complete and I never used the hold queue once. I did not receive any achievements: Speedster or Old School. Does anyone know why?
zFerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:57 PM   #14
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by zFerus View Post
I just beat Marathon mode, all you have to do is finish level 15. I started at level 14 and it took me 10 minutes to complete and I never used the hold queue once. I did not receive any achievements: Speedster or Old School. Does anyone know why?
Hehehe yeah I had the same idea. I started at lvl 15 and finished in 3 min and change and did not get the achievement. I am guessing that you need to start from lvl 1.

I was thinking about the 8 combo achivement, I came up with a strategy that I think has a fair chance of succeding (untested). I will fill the screen with lines, leaving one side with 2 columns open. That way, all of the pieces except the 1x4 blue can make a single line or more (as long as the blue piece isn't first, there should be a tetrimino down there to make a line with). I estimated that it would need to be at least 14 rows high (the game space should be 20 rows by 10 columns). Please let me know what you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infected Z View Post
Dude your method here is the exact same as the one I have already posted...
Ah shit you're right, I can't believe I didn't see that... It's like I read between your posts because I saw that the other guy was having trouble and ended up writing the same thing. lol

Last edited by Shinobi273; 10-09-2007 at 07:15 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:16 PM   #15
Infected Z

Infected Z's Gamercard
Dude your method here is the exact same as the one I have already posted...
Old 10-17-2007, 01:02 PM   #16
Honkymagoo

H0ivky Magoo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Could someone post pictures of this method? or a video? I understand things much better with visual aid. I'm having a hard time building what you're saying in my head.
Honkymagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:01 PM   #17
DropDeadArtemus

DropDeadArtemus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
a friend of mine and i were wondering if the 10 hrs of online play has to be actual gameplay or can it be obtained by sitting in an online lobby with at least one other player. we were gonna get in a game together and just leave our consoles on overnight but i decided to get you guys opinions on the matter first. so what do yall think?

DropDeadArtemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 04:59 PM   #18
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropDeadArtemus View Post
a friend of mine and i were wondering if the 10 hrs of online play has to be actual gameplay or can it be obtained by sitting in an online lobby with at least one other player. we were gonna get in a game together and just leave our consoles on overnight but i decided to get you guys opinions on the matter first. so what do yall think?
I am pretty sure it is actual play. There is a timer for time played if you check the rankings.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:08 PM   #19
Legendary Dante

Hi guys, I'm new to this site. I was just wondering if anyone else had difficulty getting the 10-hour online achievement. When I go to leaderboards and then Free-for-All, it says "Play time: 10:07:38", and I still don't have the achievement. Anyone else have this problem or know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
Legendary Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:40 PM   #20
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

That is strange, I have not heard of it not unlocking. All I can suggest is that you keep playing... sorry.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:34 PM   #21
Legendary Dante

Update: Got the achievement. I played again some more today and it unlocked after a short time. Thanks. Guess I shouldn't have jumped the gun expecting the achievement.
Legendary Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:55 AM   #22
lckynuts

Send a message via ICQ to lckynuts Send a message via AIM to lckynuts Send a message via MSN to lckynuts

xLUCKYxNUTSx's Gamercard

T-spin double?

what is a t-spin double? This was the only ting that i didnt get when i went for the all in 1 achievement.

100 percent retail- 45
100 percant arcade - 23
lckynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:11 PM   #23
BigNasty2391

bignasty2391's Gamercard
Tspn double

Quote:
Originally Posted by lckynuts View Post
what is a t-spin double? This was the only ting that i didnt get when i went for the all in 1 achievement.
I believe that this is a tspin that completes 2 lines at once. I had a multiple tspins and a couple back to back and it didnt unlock but i didnt do one that completes 2 lines at once. will try this out soon.

Kool-Aid Kills!!!
BigNasty2391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:59 PM   #24
Bababoof

Send a message via AIM to Bababoof

Rodation's Gamercard

Yes!!!! I was so scared but I DID IT!!!! 3 freaking seconds left!!!