Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Simulation > Tropico 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-10-2011, 04:57 PM   #1
eHeadache

eHeadaches's Gamercard
Question Viva Tropico

Now im not a bad player at this game, I know what to do for example but this one campaign mission has me stumped.

In my many attempts the best I have got to is 65% dead on which wasn't enough as it has to be over 65%,

Main issues im having are with pollution/environment, is it just a case of destroying all industry five years before the game ends to bring this back up or is it more measures to prevent destroying things in the first place,

I always sell the oil derricks then tell the yanks to jog on over compensation when they dry up, and i always sell the pyramid thing because the money is more useful at the beginning. Always have plenty of food and all useful edicts issued, I keep my immigration policy open as when I try with it closed I can never get enough people to fill the jobs and then they end up starving and moaning about that, and I always provide free housing in the very least apartment blocks.

Any advice please anyone that still plays this or even looks on this forum.

Thanks!
eHeadache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:52 AM   #3
eHeadache

eHeadaches's Gamercard
perfect, thanks for that! I will give it a go later :-)
Old 07-11-2011, 05:13 PM   #4
eHeadache

eHeadaches's Gamercard
Boom 68%! i was trying for over 70 in the end to get that other achievement but it stops you playing once you have got over the magic number, cant complain though!

Thanks again, that was a awesome video guide, I just made some notes from it rather than watching it and trying to replicate it, also dipped into the red a couple more times than the guide did but still succeeded :-)
Old 07-11-2011, 06:11 PM   #5
Neverender

Deadpool x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Neverender   Over Achiever - Silver   x360a Representer   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   Bright Idea   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
No problem, I'm glad to help.

And if you need help with the Tropican Fiesta achievement, I made a guide on it and Man of the People that people seem to find pretty useful. Here's the link.

F I R E W A L K W I T H M E

Neverender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:21 AM   #6
Graivul

Heroic Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Great videos, a big help, actually learned a few things about the game too....a bit late I know lol.

Quite bizarre though got to 1968 and my like jumped from 60% to 69% and boom game over 50g bloop....no idea why!

Great game though, roll on number 4!

Graivul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:17 PM   #7
Sirfacee

sirfacee's Gamercard
actually, when i played this, i made my industry (which happened to be tobacco) and as i frequently checked the almanac, i made decisions accordingly. and remember that the entertainment industry is MUCH more important than you would think.