PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Operation Flashpoint: Red River
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-12-2011, 04:27 AM   #1
Gooseboxer

Cajun8ter's Gamercard
Is there hardcore POTTY MOUTH in this game?

Does this game contain excessive F bombs, etc. throughout the campaign that can't be turned off via a dialogue option?
Gooseboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:40 AM   #2
danjs84

danjs84's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
no they only said fuck about 50 or 60 times

Last edited by danjs84; 07-17-2011 at 09:46 AM.
danjs84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:12 AM   #3
RwHo

I know they say some stuff in OF: Dragon Rising and I havent seen a button to cut it off, but also I havent really looked because it doesnt bother me that much. I would suppose there is some in Red River.
RwHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:49 AM   #4
Gooseboxer

Cajun8ter's Gamercard
For those interested, you can turn the speech down in the audio menu to not be exposed to all the potty trash talk...
Old 07-19-2011, 06:19 AM   #5
xI VARSITY

oDAZZLAo's Gamercard
additional information.... you have to 'MUTE' the potty mouths on xbox live co-op... if you dont like potty mouths and the way the military use such toilet talk, then realistically you shouldn't be playing the game, as becoming ingrosed in the gameplay is all part of listening to the audio
Old 07-19-2011, 02:16 PM   #6
Warfighter1000

Warfighter1000's Gamercard
I think they were trying to capture real Marine behavior. And I think they succeeded.
Warfighter1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:20 AM   #7
Black Watch

Black Watch PH's Gamercard
Why would you ask if a game that simulates being in the shoes of a US Maine, has cursing in it? It is like asking if there is oxygen in the air we breathe...

"I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading to you with tears in my eyes; If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

Black Watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:38 AM   #8
Gooseboxer

Cajun8ter's Gamercard
Ok jokers....the reason I asked is because I like to play co-op games with my young son....it is for this reason that I shy away from over the top language....thanks for all the imput....
Old 07-20-2011, 02:35 PM   #9
xI VARSITY

oDAZZLAo's Gamercard
My son loves playing zombies on Cod.. and playing dead rising 2, this homefront is crap! and I cant even be bothered to play it, so If your son is like normal sons, he's going to be more interested in playing with the box
Old 08-09-2011, 09:40 PM   #10
wolvieware

wolvieware's Gamercard
For all the arguments about "realism" as an excuse for all the swearing in this game, to be honest, they did go over the top with all the swearing included, and it just got tedious to listen too. It just felt a bit forced rather than natural, and the dialogue was one of the weaker portions of an otherwise great game.

wolvieware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:52 AM   #11
Dervius

Dervius's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolvieware View Post
For all the arguments about "realism" as an excuse for all the swearing in this game, to be honest, they did go over the top with all the swearing included, and it just got tedious to listen too. It just felt a bit forced rather than natural, and the dialogue was one of the weaker portions of an otherwise great game.
I massively agree, with all the realism that the game actually purveys (use of suppressive fire, flanking manoeuvers, one shot kills etc) the poor voice acting lets it down big time. I understand that marines probably do curse, but the voice acting in this game makes it almost laughable. As X360A's review says, they seem to be trying to do the "Generation Kill" thing making war more modern and teenage friendly effectively.

If only this game maintained a more mature tone, like that in the most recent Medal of Honor this would be an even more authentic gaming experience.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:01 AM   #12
wenerdog

wenerdog's Gamercard
M for mature. Also over the top? I do not know about marines but I can tell you a soldier here in Canada. Seems the F word followed by every curse in every language is the only vocabulary allong with the most absurd insults and harsh remarks you can imagine. Do not like it I guess you should not join.

Last edited by wenerdog; 11-30-2011 at 07:03 AM.
wenerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:31 AM   #13
Mr Schultz

MR SCHULTZ's Gamercard
I dunno, I think the swearing wasn't done well - it's like they are trying too hard to be cool. "Sgt Johnson" here in these first levels, the guy giving you orders, is like a videogame cursing hardguy stereotype.

I would have much rather had OF pandered less to the adolescents, and tuned the game for a more mature crowd. Take for example how professional the original Xbox Ghost Recon did mission briefings. Made you feel like a elite warrior...instead of some scrub tool taking orders from a fool.

At least BF:BC2 tried to be funny with their cursing.

Mr Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:39 PM   #14
SchiZoPHreNiikz

SchiZoPHreNiikz's Gamercard
This game is a little harsh on the curse words. They over use them way too much!
Old 12-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #15
NetroDude

NetroDude's Gamercard
Easier than the first.
NetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote