PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > L.A. Noire > Reefer Madness
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-12-2011, 10:37 AM   #1
Jack Napier

Jas x God's Gamercard
ummm.. that's it?!

I see why the rockstar pass was only $10.. these dlc cases are anemic. finished this in 15 min no lie. I need to stop gettin my hopes up. please tell me there'll be one more case.. an epic one tho.

sidenote: the achievements are pathetically easy to unlock.

Last edited by Jack Napier; 07-12-2011 at 10:42 AM.
Jack Napier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:39 AM   #2
Jack Napier

Jas x God's Gamercard
finished 12/13 clues 2/2 questions. gonna replay for 5 star later. gone.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:42 AM   #3
Fang Foom

Fang Foom's Gamercard
They should've released the arson one last IMO.
I thought the explosion and aftermath was epic!
Fang Foom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:46 AM   #4
Jack Napier

Jas x God's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang Foom View Post
and I thought that case was short! but between nicholson and reefer, I agree with you- I would've saved nicholson for last. reefer is a joke.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:48 AM   #5
DarkCreations

DarkCreations's Gamercard
Totally agree. Took me 20-30mins, and i missed one achievement (Forcible Rear Entry).

Disappointed with this case.

DarkCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:55 AM   #6
Fang Foom

Fang Foom's Gamercard
Just a load of shooting..
Fang Foom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:56 AM   #7
Andreas_loel

mr fiskeh's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang Foom View Post

When you rolled up on the street in that case i sort of got a deja vu feeling, i watched some documentary about the Oklahoma bombing a couple of weeks ago.

Time to download Reefer madness still got plenty of gametime left in this game

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDoggson
Andreas_loel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:10 AM   #8
KuShNsTieN
Banned User

KuShNsTieN's Gamercard
yeah this wasnt tht good to be honest too short and not alot of fun as the others.
KuShNsTieN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:14 AM   #9
howelcb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Napier View Post
and I thought that case was short! but between nicholson and reefer, I agree with you- I would've saved nicholson for last. reefer is a joke.
Not a good DLC. Only one interrogation. I breezed through this whole thing. I guess you can really tell that R* has really cut ties with Team Bondi. Shame things ended this way, both in game and out.
howelcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:18 AM   #10
KuShNsTieN
Banned User

KuShNsTieN's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by howelcb View Post
Not a good DLC. Only one interrogation. I breezed through this whole thing. I guess you can really tell that R* has really cut ties with Team Bondi. Shame things ended this way, both in game and out.
lol yeah i know right
KuShNsTieN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:30 AM   #11
stunted_slime

FearTheCitrus's Gamercard
I agree, way to short/easy. They should have saved the Nicholson case for last.
stunted_slime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:01 PM   #12
Guyius Crickius

Guyius Crickius's Gamercard
This DLC was too short and it felt rushed. I mean there are 4 locations to visit and investigate.

The only good thing was the ending

SPOILER ALERT

Where it showed how corrupt the police force and the vice squad was.

My max games:
  1. Assassin's Creed
  2. Assassin's Creed 2
  3. Mass Effect 2
  4. Harms Way
  5. Star Wars The Force Unleashed
  6. L.A. Noire
  7. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
  8. Dragon Age 2

Guyius Crickius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:29 PM   #13
winkeh

winkeh's Gamercard
It was short but it was alright. At the end of the day theres only so much you can expect from single case DLC's.

In a recent Game Informer magazine i read it said something about two entire desks (burglary and something else) that were left out of the game. I would much rather pay 800 or even 1200 points and have one of those desks as a dlc as opposed to 340 for one short case.
winkeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:46 PM   #14
wolfbiker

b0ngw4t3r's Gamercard
Completed the other bits ages ago. Can't believe I waited all this time just to play for 10 more minutes :/
wolfbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:32 PM   #15
Turdboi

Turdboi's Gamercard
By far the worst of the lot, takes about 10-15mins!!!
Turdboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:08 PM   #16
rdrunr89

rdrunr89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Yeah I re-rented the game from GameFly on Saturday, got it on Monday, completed today and sent it back already. A bit disappointing after the regular game itself was pretty cool.

HEY! That Thing Got A Hemi?

rdrunr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:34 PM   #17
MushroomToaster

MushroomToaster's Gamercard
That was a little disappointing... Seemed like a tutorial level focusing on how to shoot at people.

I agree that Nicholson Electroplating would have made a better final case. The explosion and seeing the Spruce Goose meant it had a much more grand scale. Ah well. Loved the game overall.
100% Retail - The Orange Box, Rage, Mafia II (1500), Darksiders, Forza Motorsport 4 (1250), Forza Motorsport 3, The Saboteur, Tomb Raider, L.A. Noire (1400), Batman: Arkham Asylum, Fallout 3 (1550), Borderlands, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, Prince of Persia (1250), Bioshock (1100), CoD4: Modern Warfare, Assassin's Creed 2, Hitman: Blood Money, NBA 2K6, Cars, Kung Fu Panda

100% Arcade - Magic 2014 (500) Magic 2013 (250), Magic 2012 (250), Banjo Kazooie
MushroomToaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:00 PM   #18
Blue Thunder28

Blue Thunder28's Gamercard
The shootout at the end was awesome and I enjoyed being in a police raid. In the end, if they made these DLC cases all epic it'd be weird when you're playing through the story and these "filler" cases were bigger and better than the ones that have to do with the main story.

A DLC for the cut desk(s) would be perfect.

Blue Thunder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:05 PM   #19
O918

O918's Gamercard
yeah it was very short, but I cant complain too much since i got the R* pass when it was cheap, so all in all Id say I got my moneys worth. IMO the pass was a great deal, compared to other crap that comes out where the publisher/developer just think that any DLC they produce is worth 800 MSP (Fallout NV i'm looking at you, among others) as if it is the standard, regardless of length or quality
O918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:16 PM   #20
Predni

rasterloda's Gamercard
The 5 Star Rating of this Case is longer then only "Achievement run"

Achievement run - 2 Question in 1 Inter. and 12(of13) Clues (4 Star Rating)

5 Star run - 9 Question in 3 Inter. and 13 Clues
Predni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:59 PM   #21
Jack Napier

Jas x God's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkeh View Post
It was short but it was alright. At the end of the day theres only so much you can expect from single case DLC's.

In a recent Game Informer magazine i read it said something about two entire desks (burglary and something else) that were left out of the game. I would much rather pay 800 or even 1200 points and have one of those desks as a dlc as opposed to 340 for one short case.
100% agree.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:19 PM   #22
Baihu1983

Baihu1983's Gamercard

Way too short and easy and got all achievements in 1 run.

Next game i want less but longer and harder missions where you get the odd case that has 5 or 6 suspects or you know who did it early on but have to work really hard to get the clue to nail the guy/girl.

3rd November 2012 - Joined the 100K club

IF YOU SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST OVER LIVE PLEASE ALSO SEND A MESSAGE SAYING WHY.

Raptar
Voice

Baihu1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:22 PM   #23
gazmaster1

Gazmaster3D's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Very dissapointed by the dlc for this especially since rockstar published the game and they usually have very standards for dlc. look at RDR and what they did with that, and there is more on the way. These cases seemed to have been left out of the game to coin in a few bucks which is probably related to them rushing the game out and the troubled development cycle. that is fair enough as the game cost a fortune to make and by purchasing the rockstar pass it will encorge them to do more with different dlc in the coming months.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:42 PM   #24
SuperSkyline89

SuperSkyline89's Gamercard

Quote:

That would take 6-10 GB of data. There's no way in hell they would release a DLC that big.

As for the achievements for this one. PATHETIC. Just like ALL the DLC achievements.
I'm boycotting EA because they butchered the Need for Speed series and refused Turn 10 the Porsche license. Kinect earned the second spot on this list with an achievement in Forza 4 and exclusive features in non-Kinect-Exclusive games like Halo Anniversary.

Forza 4 Flickr Page

Last edited by SuperSkyline89; 07-12-2011 at 07:56 PM.
SuperSkyline89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:08 PM   #25
Ham Woopan
Praisin' the Sun

Ham Woopan Jr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Everybody complaining about how short it was, did you go to the Market first? If so, then you skipped out on a good 10-15 more minutes of gameplay. There's two more interrogations and a little extra stuff at the soup factory.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:13 PM   #26
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowraffe View Post
Everybody complaining about how short it was, did you go to the Market first? If so, then you skipped out on a good 10-15 more minutes of gameplay. There's two more interrogations and a little extra stuff at the soup factory.
Yea i completely skipped out on that part im going to have to replay to get that missing clue aswell.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:39 PM   #27
Jack Napier

Jas x God's Gamercard
Quote:
just got done doin that for 5 stars.. it did add on another 10 min or so. I'm still lightweight disappointed. ah well.. overall, still a damn good game.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:01 PM   #28
mjc0961

mjc0961's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
It was short, but since it was Vice, it doesn't bother me. Shorter cases means less time with that massive piece of shit Roy.

Quote:
No, I went to the market first because that was an achievement (and ended up with the 12/13 clues 2/2 questions ending). Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to play again even though it means more time in Roy Hell.

Quote:
Yeah, after you get promoted at the end of traffic and show up in homicide, they mention that you just came over from burglary. So having at least one entire desk cut makes sense. It would be nice to see it as DLC if possible, although with all the reports of how shit a boss McNamara is and how Rockstar wants nothing more to do with Team Bondi, I won't be holding my breath for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentCabaret View Post
This guide continues to warm my heart and piss off my roommates. Thanks so much!
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:09 PM   #29
winkeh

winkeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSkyline89 View Post
That would take 6-10 GB of data. There's no way in hell they would release a DLC that big.

As for the achievements for this one. PATHETIC. Just like ALL the DLC achievements.
They could do a desk in two parts

Anyway i know i'm dreaming pretty sure i heard that this was the last DLC? Oh well great game with ok DLC.
winkeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:09 PM   #30
martinlindstrom

martinlindstrom's Gamercard
So rockstar and team bondi are having issues? too bad that the DLC's suffer because of that.. havent place the reefer one but from what Ive read here and other places and experience from the previous one Im only getting it for the Acheevos and because i already bought the rockstar pass..
martinlindstrom is offline   Reply With Quote