PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > L.A. Noire > Reefer Madness
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-12-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
Wolven Freak

Wolven Freak's Gamercard
100% Case Guide

Hey guys, I'll be attempting a 100% Guide for this DLC case. This is the first guide I have ever done, so any constructive criticism is welcome.

NOTE: To my knowledge, the achievement 'High Flyer' can not be achieved while going for 5 stars, as it requires you to go straight to the 20th Century Market after searching Juan Garcia Cruz's Stash House, but if you do this you miss out on a clue, ruining your chances for 100% case completion.

Locations
P.O.I Interviews
Achievements

"Reefer Madness"

Drive to Mike Lyman's Bar.

Mike Lyman's Bar
Speak to Freddie, at the back of the bar in a booth of his own. He will tip you off about a huge dope ring and Cruz's stash house. Drive to this stash house.

Cruz Residence
When you arrive, Cruz and another goon will start shooting at you from the window. Quickly run to the other low wall and take cover. these guys can kill you QUICK. Go right until you reach the car, then run around the side of that. You should be safe now - run to the back of the house, kick the door in and kill the two guys.
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: Forcible Rear Entry
Now it is time to investigate. Inspect the body right next to you. Check its right pocket for a wallet, tap the ID. Now look in the left pocket, you will find a silver dollar. Leave the body and check on the boxes next to you for a notepad with 'masangkay' written on it. Check the boxes up against the wall for a new objective to check out Parnell's Soup Co. Go into the back room and check the newspaper on a box in the corner and focus on the advert for 20th Century Market. It isn't necessary, but if you want then check out the sketchbook in the kitchen next to the sink containing pictures of... well, marijuana and girls. Go out the front to meet the rude neighbour, Mr. Fickman, who tells you Cruz spent alot of time in his chicken coop. Go around the house and check it out. Inspect the middle set of shelves on the left as you walk in and use the middle-left tin (and the one to the right of it for a fright) to discover a secret room. Use both of the cans on the shelf in the secret room to open them with the can opener and...
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: Soup In The Pot

Open the ledger on the desk next to your partner. Tap 'Tijuana'. Go back into the house and use the phone to trace the Parnell's Soup Co., you're done here. If you are going for the 'High Flyer' achievement and do not care about 5 stars, you would leave for the 20th Century Market now instead of Parnell's Soup Co.

Parnell's Soup Co.
When you arrive, you will talk to the receptionist, who will lead you upstairs to see her boss, Howard Parnell. He'll pass you a ledger, tap the name 'Jorge Garcia Cruz'. Time to interview Mr. Parnell.

Howard Parnell
Factory Sealed Soup Cans - Doubt
Parnell's Soup Company - Doubt
Knowledge of Cruz brothers - Doubt
Inside man Jorge Garcia - Truth

When you're finished, follow Mr. Parnell for a tour of the factory floor. After a few boring insights into the soup production process, you will meet 'Sergio'. Before you talk to him, take a look at the ledger on the desk. Tap '20th Century Market'. Then talk to Sergio. You will ask to see the silver dollar he was tossing around, he will pass it to you. Time for the interview.

Sergio Rojas
Factory Sealed Soup Cans - Doubt
20th Century Market - Lie, Sergio's Silver Dollar

When you're finished, drive to 20th Century Market

20th Century Market

When you arrive, you will see a cutscene of a load of people buying crates of 'soup'. If you went for the High Flyer achievement then after the cutscene...
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: High Flyer

If not, ignore that. When you enter the store, surprise, surprise, the shopkeeper will run. He is extremely easy to capture, I got stuck behind the counter and still caught him a few metres from the shop. When caught, the shopkeeper will turn out his pockets. First he pulls out some marijuana, then he shows you his silver dollar. Finally, he passes you his wallet. Check his ID.

Airto Sanchez
Knowledge of 'E.J.' - Lie, Airto's Silver Dollar
Parnell's Soup Shipments - Doubt
Juan and Jorge Cruz - Truth

After the interview, you will cut to Parnell's Soup Co.

Parnell's Soup Co. Part 2
You will be prompted to get a weapon out of your trunk for the upcoming firefight, do so if you wish. Enter any door you want, you can go from the bottom of the factory floor or the catwalks above, and kill all of the goons. When finished, follow the cop that says 'you should come and see this' and check out the body next to him. Check the body's breast pocket for a wallet, check the ID. Then check his left hand for a another silver dollar. Leave this room and check the box next to your partner for a whole load of wacky baccy. Follow the officer that asks if you know Cruz up the stairs and inspect the body. Check in his pocket for the final silver dollar and check his left hand for a huge roll of money. Now you will be summoned to do an 'experiment' set by your colleague. You have to arrange the silver dollars so the letters spell out 'masangkaymetals'... Mesangkay Metals! Oh, and...
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: Spare A Dime

When all is said and done, travel to this 'Masangkay Metals' place.

Masangkay Metals
When you get there, the gate is locked so you have to find another way in. Go right around the building to the right, into the alleyway and climb the pipe on the back of the building. Then slide down the pipe to the right on the roof. Go around the back of Masangkay Metals and prepare for a shootout. Clear out the goons on the first floor, move to the second floor, kill all these guys, then wipe everyone out on the catwalk above. kick in the door at the end of this to find the mastermind of the operation, Victor Sanders.
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: Every Herb Bearing Seed

Case Complete!

Looking to boost:
CoD: MW2 Spec Op Stars
ANY online achievements for ALL Halo games
GTA IV, all online cheevos
Splinter Cell: Conviction, all online achievements

Last edited by Wolven Freak; 07-12-2011 at 09:50 PM.
Wolven Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:47 PM   #2
II OE II

II OE II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
to provide some constructive criticism...

Methinks it should be formatted a bunch, possibly color coding things with labels (as i have done with my guides)

Ill probably still do a guide myself, though decent job on your first. You'll gain more experience and such from doing more guides and getting helpful tips ^.^

GUIDES:
Alice: Madness Returns (Ach, Col)
Arcania Gothic 4 Recipies
Armored Core: For Answer Complete Guide
Castlevania Lords of Shadow Collectables
Dark Souls Achievement Guide
Dragon Age II Supplier
FF13-2 Fragment Guide
L.A. Noire Cases
II OE II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:54 PM   #3
Wolven Freak

Wolven Freak's Gamercard
Thanks dude, loved your guide, it really helped me I just threw this together real quick just for the first day, I'm not normally the first one to do anything but I thought I'd take this chance. Thanks for the help!

Is that better? I'm no pro like you but I'm hoping I can make a half-decent guide

Looking to boost:

Last edited by Wolven Freak; 07-12-2011 at 09:01 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:17 PM   #4
II OE II

II OE II's Gamercard

most definately better than before.

Id also like to suggest using darker colors (mostly that green) i personally find vibrant colors to hurt my eyes, so i try to extend that preference to others.

Still, great work. Im just about to start mine now ^.^

Also, do you mind if i were to use some of your information in my guide? will give credit obviously. Thanks either way

GUIDES:
Dragon Age II Supplier
FF13-2 Fragment Guide
L.A. Noire Cases
Old 07-12-2011, 09:25 PM   #5
Wolven Freak

Wolven Freak's Gamercard
Ok, I'll tone it down a bit, thanks. And sure, use what you like, I don't mind

I guess it would've been more helpful and thorough if I'd have used clue names and objectives when they appear, like you do.

Looking to boost:
Old 07-12-2011, 09:52 PM   #6
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Im pleased to see someone who can take criticism and suggestions and not act like a 5 year old, good job wolven freak.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:58 PM   #7
Wolven Freak

Wolven Freak's Gamercard
thanks Annalie, I'm just trying to make my guide the best I can :) might see if I can improve it even more, but I doubt it will square up to II OE II's ;)

Looking to boost:
Old 07-12-2011, 10:47 PM   #8
II OE II

II OE II's Gamercard

bah, don't see it as a competition. If you continue with guide work, they will become better and more easy to write.

I actually started my guide work doing a short piece of DLC.. Claptraps Robot Revolution to be exact, and it just evolved from there into collectable guides, and now they pretty much become full walkthroughs.

But yes, glad to see someone taking the suggestions without a super flame war.

GUIDES:
Dragon Age II Supplier
FF13-2 Fragment Guide
L.A. Noire Cases
Old 07-13-2011, 02:21 AM   #9
dosk1nator

dosky's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks for the guide, finally got my 100% :-)

Call Of Duty: MW 4
L.A. Noire
dosk1nator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:46 AM   #10
JohnXJericho

Send a message via Yahoo to JohnXJericho Send a message via Skype™ to JohnXJericho
Great Job Dude....Very Helpful.
JohnXJericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:30 AM   #11
TrevelyanL85A2

Send a message via ICQ to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via AIM to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via MSN to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via Yahoo to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via Skype™ to TrevelyanL85A2

TrevL85A2 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Donator - Level 5   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Not bad of a guide, but here's some tips:

1. It would be very useful to label what clues you would find at each scene.
2. In addition, you should show how many clues are needed total for a five-star rating, as well as how many questions should be correctly answered. For each crime scene, it should show that list as well.
3. This part here is redundant:
Quote:
Tap 'Tijuana'. Go back into the house and use the phone to trace the Parnell's Soup Co., you're done here.
When you tap the word "Tijuana", you already get the location updated for the soup company's address, which removes the need to call from a phone, since looking at the ledger already gives the address for you without having to call R & I.

Hope this helps.

Need Help with the Following:
Arcade: South Park
Retail: See gamertag for list.

10000 GS 5 Jul. 2009:
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2
20000 GS 6 Jun. 2010: Gears of War 2
30000 GS 1 Jan. 2011: Call of Duty: World at War
40000 GS 11 Nov. 2011, 60000 GS 28 Aug. 2014: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
50000 GS 10 Feb. 2013: Dead Space 3

TrevelyanL85A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:45 AM   #12
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
Well done Woven, and excellent work for evading the little ungrateful bitches of the site. For a first guide this is excellent. I have never wrote a guide before, not sure I ever will due to the nature of a load of members here who rather spend time crying over a guide, than actually following it, and shutting the fuck up lmao.

I look forward to seeing more from you in the future.

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 39
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Last edited by Evo Kazz; 07-13-2011 at 06:49 AM.
Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:29 AM   #13
Possessed

maximum_violence@hotmail.com's Gamercard
Thank you! 1400/1400
Possessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:54 PM   #14
IM A VAMPIRE 89

IM A VAMPIRE 89's Gamercard
Do you have to buy add ons to get this achievement or is it available in the game as is?
IM A VAMPIRE 89 is offline   Reply With Quote