PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > NCAA Football 12
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-13-2011, 05:45 AM   #1
Blitzer88

Blitzer88's Gamercard
Ironman Achievement.....

Man....am I the only one that is super frustrated by this achievement. My CPU teammates don't seem to have problems causing turnovers and returning them for touchdowns, yet I can never get a ball thrown or ever really ran my way to cause a fumble. I have played a total of 40 campus RtG games and only have 1 single interception and no fumble recoveries. Anyone have any advice that could help me? I have tried LB, CB and safety.

Blitzer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:11 PM   #2
ACardAttack

This is the only one that seems it is going to be hard to get...I did a lot of games as a DE and would get a decent amount of sacks, but only 1 forced fumble....I've never personally gotten a turnover with my player
ACardAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:20 PM   #3
Team Penguin

Send a message via AIM to Team Penguin

IX Wasian XI's Gamercard
I just forced a fumble but then my teammate came right in front of me and ran it in for a touchdown.
This is ridiculous. 3 times now...........

Btw, press LB in order to strip the ball.

This is a no unjustified rage zone. Please proceed to the other side of the room. Thank you for your cooperation.

Last edited by Team Penguin; 07-13-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Team Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:24 PM   #4
Phreaque1977

Phreaque1977's Gamercard
I got lucky. LOLB and my last game (state championship) I recovered a fumble on about the 20 and managed to make it to the endzone, barely. On offense I was a QB and ran and threw for a TD.

This seems to be a "Right Place, Right Time" achievement that requires more luck than skill.
Phreaque1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:12 PM   #5
Gr3yWolf64

Gr3yWolf64's Gamercard
I have tried CB, but they hardly throw my way.
Gr3yWolf64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:30 PM   #6
Beef_Log_FTL

BumOnABench's Gamercard
I was a QB and MLB and was having trouble just like everyone else, if I got lucky enough to cause a fumble I was never the one to recover, and forget trying to get and INT. Finally get fed up enough, I turned offsides off. Being a MLB I was sometimes put on the punt block unit, well I blocked a punt easily picked it up and took in it for a touchdown, I scored a passing TD and rushing TD earlier in the game. After the game ended the achievement popped (I say this because I was definitely doing a bummer moment when it didn't pop right after I picked up the blocked kick for a TD, thinking that maybe they don't count since they are special teams, but was happy when I heard the bleep bloop for Ironman after the game ended).

Funny enough the very next game I got an INT and took it in for a TD anyways, just thought I'd share about the workaround though if you eventually decide to give up trying to get the achievement playing by the rules.
Beef_Log_FTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:39 PM   #7
Team Penguin

IX Wasian XI's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef_Log_FTL View Post
I was a QB and MLB and was having trouble just like everyone else, if I got lucky enough to cause a fumble I was never the one to recover, and forget trying to get and INT. Finally get fed up enough, I turned offsides off. Being a MLB I was sometimes put on the punt block unit, well I blocked a punt easily picked it up and took in it for a touchdown, I scored a passing TD and rushing TD earlier in the game. After the game ended the achievement popped (I say this because I was definitely doing a bummer moment when it didn't pop right after I picked up the blocked kick for a TD, thinking that maybe they don't count since they are special teams, but was happy when I heard the bleep bloop for Ironman after the game ended).

Funny enough the very next game I got an INT and took it in for a TD anyways, just thought I'd share about the workaround though if you eventually decide to give up trying to get the achievement playing by the rules.
Did you use a specific button to block the punt or did you just get in front of him?

This is a no unjustified rage zone. Please proceed to the other side of the room. Thank you for your cooperation.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:55 PM   #8
Blitzer88

Blitzer88's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Penguin View Post
Did you use a specific button to block the punt or did you just get in front of him?
I play as a MLB as well and I have tried to block punts before but I always seem to miss blocking it. Super frustrating.....

Old 07-13-2011, 08:56 PM   #9
Team Penguin

IX Wasian XI's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzer88 View Post
I play as a MLB as well and I have tried to block punts before but I always seem to miss blocking it. Super frustrating.....
Agreed. I just seem to either tackle him for a loss or he slips away. I'm trying to use the LB to see if that helps, no success so far though.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:32 PM   #10
R Miller 69
Banned User

R Miller 69's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I super simmed 6 games and I eventually got it. Other then that, good luck everyone.
R Miller 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:33 PM   #11
Team Penguin

IX Wasian XI's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Story 3 View Post
I super simmed 6 games and I eventually got it. Other then that, good luck everyone.
That's probably what I am gonna do. Although, I wonder if you choose an existing player and boost his stats all the way if that would make it go faster while simming or doing it the regular way.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:53 PM   #12
ACardAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Story 3 View Post
What position on the defense?
Old 07-13-2011, 10:18 PM   #13
R Miller 69
Banned User

R Miller 69's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Penguin View Post
That's probably what I am gonna do. Although, I wonder if you choose an existing player and boost his stats all the way if that would make it go faster while simming or doing it the regular way.
An existing player puts you in college and it has to be done in high school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACardAttack View Post
What position on the defense?
CB

Also I finally have the 1000G in the game. It looks like only 2 people have all 1000 so far.
R Miller 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:14 PM   #14
ACardAttack

Just got it simmed as a CB..took me about 12 games....only 1 interception and he made it count....there was a fumble recovery in an earlier game, but he didnt take it back

This would be a whole lot easier if a) game was longer in RTG b) you played every down including punt blocking...only couple times was I there to block a punt and c) if you stood in front of the QB with offsides off...the ball SHOULD hit you, and bounce causing a fumble...but of course the hiked ball goes right through you
Old 07-13-2011, 11:19 PM   #15
Topsy Kretts 18

topsy kretts 18's Gamercard
As a RE I got lucky enough to intercept the pitch when they ran an option play. Glad to get this achievement over with.
Topsy Kretts 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:47 PM   #16
Team Penguin

IX Wasian XI's Gamercard
For those of you who are also simming to try and get this awful achievement, you can increase the amount of games per season to 11. Thus increasing the time to try and get this one.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:50 PM   #17
shiftymcneely

shifty mcneely's Gamercard
Honestly, my friend helped me with this one. The easiest way is to go with a ROLB. Turn off offsides. Sim until 4th down and stand around 10 yards in front of punter. Run at them and press Y as the punter tries to kick it. If you block it, it will bounce towards the endzone, pick it up and score. I got it on my 2nd blocked punt in the first game I played.
shiftymcneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:14 AM   #18
Beef_Log_FTL

BumOnABench's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymcneely View Post
Honestly, my friend helped me with this one. The easiest way is to go with a ROLB. Turn off offsides. Sim until 4th down and stand around 10 yards in front of punter. Run at them and press Y as the punter tries to kick it. If you block it, it will bounce towards the endzone, pick it up and score. I got it on my 2nd blocked punt in the first game I played.
Yup exactly this, hitting Y when trying to block the punt is the main thing. I usually go stand in front of the punter but slightly to the right or left of him so I can come in at an angle. Seems to produce better results for me then coming in straight at him. But yeah hitting Y is your best bet in blocking the punt, shouldn't take to many tries to get a system down where you can constantly be doing the block, then next part would be getting the pickup and running for a TD.
Beef_Log_FTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:12 PM   #19
BladeMDP

blademdp's Gamercard
This method worked like a charm - I got it on my third try. Not sure if anyone else had this happen, but previously I only got one opportunity a game to be on the punt return team. Otherwise, I only could sim/watch the play. By simming the first 3 plays, it would give me the opportunity to be on the punt formation team and block the punt on every fourth down play.
BladeMDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:14 PM   #20
ecu1982

Craig0930's Gamercard
This one is hard

I have played the entire high school season, and could not get a defensive td. My teammates had 3 in one game. This is very frustrating.
ecu1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:09 AM   #21
Blitzer88

Blitzer88's Gamercard
Quote:
I tried out this method and I finally got it on my third punt block attempt. Hardest part was recovering the fumble before the punter dove for it.

Old 07-15-2011, 11:49 AM   #22
bennifer3000

Wagszilla's Gamercard
Do you have to play 2 separate RTGs? Or is there a way you can have multiple players in one?

I'm a little confused on this one.

bennifer3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:06 PM   #23
BLOOdREDkN7GHT

BLOOdREDkN7GHT's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennifer3000 View Post
Do you have to play 2 separate RTGs? Or is there a way you can have multiple players in one?

I'm a little confused on this one.
if you create a new RTG player, you will have the option of selecting a second postion, one on offense, one on defense... then you just have to play a high school game and score both an offensive and defensive touchdown. for the defensive td you can either select CB and super sim until you return an INT for a td, or you can select ROLB and try to block a punt and return it for a td, its a very hard achievement...

- Retail 1000+: [42] - Arcade 200+: [23] - Games Played: [308] -
- First Achievement: [Escaped the Imperial Sewers, OBLIVION; 4/27/2006] -
- Currently Working On: [Grand Theft Auto V] -
BLOOdREDkN7GHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:48 PM   #24
Alaskanassassin

alaskanassassin's Gamercard
took me like 12 tries but it eventually bounced right into my lb's hands, thanks.
Alaskanassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:24 PM   #25
ARNETT 4

dusty leg's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
finally blocked a punt and returned it for a TD then, got the rushing and passing TD with my QB, simmed to end of game and no cheevo. I'd almost rather slam my manhood in a sliding glass door repeatedly as to have to do this son of a bitch whore achievement again. oh well, here goes another attempt.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:26 PM   #26
ARNETT 4

dusty leg's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
this should be included in the achievement guide because it's a great method, best I've found thus far. it just hates me I suppose
Old 07-19-2011, 01:42 AM   #27
bennifer3000

Wagszilla's Gamercard
Man this is a pain in the butt.

I'll try the Super Sim method see if that works.

EDIT 1: Simmed 4 games and got 1 INT for 40 yards. Ugh. This achievement is a POS.

Last edited by bennifer3000; 07-19-2011 at 07:14 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:30 PM   #28
bennifer3000

Wagszilla's Gamercard
This one makes me want to punch babies.

UGH!

Old 07-19-2011, 10:54 PM   #29
BSC YoungBoy

DOOMatiC CAH's Gamercard
I got so lucky. I accidentally simmed one play on defense and on that play my guy got a pick 6 when I already had a few passing tds

Last edited by BSC YoungBoy; 07-20-2011 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Changed dimmed to simmed as in simulate
BSC YoungBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:18 PM   #30
bennifer3000

Wagszilla's Gamercard
The block-a-punt idea is probably the best one...

Too bad the camera angle is bollocks