PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org

Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > NCAA Football 12
Subscribe    Donate
NCAA Football 12
Quick links
Game OverviewAchievementsAchievement Guide | Review | Screens | Forums | Game Sessions

Old 07-19-2011, 11:30 PM   #31
bennifer3000

Just did it.

Ironman Performance - 20G

And that's 1000G/1000G for me folks. Good luck.

bennifer3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:33 AM   #32
bransh

Gamertag: Acura01
What method did you use because this one is so dumb and making me mad seemed easier in 11 but then again it was probably luck then also
bransh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:12 PM   #33
GoldenBoyJerry

Gamertag: goldenboyjerry
What's the trick to recovering the blocked punt? Every time I block it, the ball lands right in front of the punter, who picks it up.
GoldenBoyJerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:21 PM   #34
GoldenBoyJerry

Gamertag: goldenboyjerry
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBoyJerry View Post
What's the trick to recovering the blocked punt? Every time I block it, the ball lands right in front of the punter, who picks it up.

Wow, I just got it. The way I did it was to try and line up even with the punter 7 yards away or so (a little tricky with the camera angle given), let the cpu control the player, and press y to block the kick right as the punter is about to kick the ball. I think it's all luck as to recovering the kick. Good luck everyone!
GoldenBoyJerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:27 PM   #35
bransh

man i had this i blocked the punt but the kicker got to it first it landed on the 1 yrd line and i would have gotten this damn oh well keep trying i guess seem to have to press y right as he is about to kick
Old 07-21-2011, 12:39 AM   #36
thehellbeast

Gamertag: deth incensed
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymcneely View Post
Honestly, my friend helped me with this one. The easiest way is to go with a ROLB. Turn off offsides. Sim until 4th down and stand around 10 yards in front of punter. Run at them and press Y as the punter tries to kick it. If you block it, it will bounce towards the endzone, pick it up and score. I got it on my 2nd blocked punt in the first game I played.

this is what finally worked for me. thanks for the tip.
thehellbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:43 AM   #37
bransh

This one is just making me mad it is my last road to glory achievement as i just now got 5 star offense and defense and best in class.
I have been trying to block the punt but every time I try either the kicker recovers it or i completely miss.

I almost had it at a few points because I blocked it and it was at the 1 but the kicker recovered it. Also what seems to be happening is every time i force a fumble my team mats get it i did recover one once but i could not return it for a td because my guy had dove onto the ball. I was playing as a HB/ROLB so what i might do now is use a CB and just sim.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:11 AM   #38
xcubsfan1017x

Gamertag: konvict258
Man I can't do this for shit I'm NEVER put in for punt I can't get an INT or fumble it's pissing me off! What's the best way to do it HELP last one I need!!!
xcubsfan1017x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:17 AM   #39
xcubsfan1017x

Finally in on punts!!!!! Just gotta do it now any tips?????
Old 07-21-2011, 01:33 AM   #40
xcubsfan1017x

I fucking did it!!!!!!!!! Yes fuck yes hahah
Old 07-21-2011, 01:34 AM   #41
bransh

what did you just block a punt and take it back and what position did you play?
Old 07-21-2011, 04:23 AM   #42
Gr3yWolf21

Gamertag: Gr3yWolf21
I think I will just save this one for last. If your are a QB and throw a touchdown pass, does it count towards the achievement?
Gr3yWolf21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:32 AM   #43
windycitywarrior71

Gamertag: THE RON 71
I did this by creating a 7ft MLB and RB (speed) Blocked a FG attempt ran it back 90 yards ! All i did was run into the holder and he had the ball all of sudden and BOOM there it was after the game was over !
windycitywarrior71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:20 PM   #44
Isanox
Banned User

Gamertag: isanox

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
ROLB.... Bah. I was using a RE.
No wonder I was never in on punts

And damn that camera. I can do it with the normal camera.
Isanox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:22 PM   #45
xTyDiRiUmx

Gamertag: xTyDiRiUmx
Real easy way is the turn offsides off method but instead of pressing y to block (always jumps the wrong way), just stand in front of the punter and he'll kick it in your face. Works like a charm
Old 07-21-2011, 04:27 PM   #46
bLaKgRaVy
Guide Team Minstrel

Gamertag: bLaKgRaVy

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Staff - Community Team - Guide Team   Staff Club - bLaKgRaVy   Staff Club - Minty   Sister-Site Member   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Green Thumb - Gold   XBA Blood Donor   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
I just did it by supersimming with a 7-foot tall FS. I had tried MLB, CB and SS also, complete seasons, both by supersimming and trying to punt block; didn't work. I got this in my 7th game of my 6th season (of 11 games each) going through with 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter. 1000!
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:32 PM   #47
bLaKgRaVy
Guide Team Minstrel

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Staff - Community Team - Guide Team   Staff Club - bLaKgRaVy   Staff Club - Minty   Sister-Site Member   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Green Thumb - Gold   XBA Blood Donor   XBA Promoter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr3yWolf21 View Post
I think I will just save this one for last. If your are a QB and throw a touchdown pass, does it count towards the achievement?
It doesn't necessarily have to be a QB. It's any offensive position you created for your Road to Glory. So, if you created a QB, then you can either pass for a touchdown or run one in yourself. For a RB, receive a pass or run it in, same with a WR (or even a TE, I guess). But you really have no control over the QB in the other positions, so it's just easier to be a QB (at least for this achievement it is). So long as *your created player* scores the touchdown, you're fine. Same on defense (which is obviously more difficult).
Old 07-21-2011, 07:53 PM   #48
Gr3yWolf21

Gamertag: Gr3yWolf21
I supersimmed two seasons and haven't got it yet.
Gr3yWolf21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:01 PM   #49
bransh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post
I just did it by supersimming with a 7-foot tall FS. I had tried MLB, CB and SS also, complete seasons, both by supersimming and trying to punt block; didn't work. I got this in my 7th game of my 6th season (of 11 games each) going through with 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter. 1000!
I might try this way just to be done with the RTG achievements because this one is almost as annoying as lock and load. thanks for the heads up

Did you simm the whole game or play some of it? and you didnt skip any weeks did you?
Old 07-21-2011, 09:41 PM   #50
bLaKgRaVy
Guide Team Minstrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransh View Post
I might try this way just to be done with the RTG achievements because this one is almost as annoying as lock and load. thanks for the heads up.

Did you sim the whole game or play some of it? and you didn't skip any weeks did you?
I played the first play of the game, whether it was on offense or defense, and when I was able to, I supersimmed to the end of the game. You have to complete the game in one way or another since the achievement unlocks at the end of the game.

I had started to play all my defensive plays (to try and get a punt block) and enough offensive to get a passing touchdown in a lot of games, but that wasn't working. Then I switched to supersimming the entire game (but playing the first play).

I didn't skip any weeks. I set all my schedules to 11 weeks
Old 07-21-2011, 10:13 PM   #51
bransh

When you say you played the first play you played first down and skipped the rest or you played the first play of the entire game and then skipped
Old 07-22-2011, 05:52 PM   #52
bLaKgRaVy
Guide Team Minstrel

Quote:
When you say you played the first play you played first down and skipped the rest or you played the first play of the entire game and then skipped
Isn't that the same thing? First play is first play, whether it's first down or the first play of the game. I *only* played the first play of the game, whether it was on offense or defense. First play, first down, same thing. Then supersimmed to the end.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:16 PM   #53
Churchbells xD

Gamertag: Churchbells xD
Thank God!!!!! I finally got this for a 1000G. I could never get the punt block to work and I was trying to get a field goal block. The opposing team ran an option on 3rd down and fumbled the pitch and I picked it up and scored! So glad I got this done. Good luck to everyone who still doesn't have it!
Churchbells xD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:37 AM   #54
bransh

this one is annoying I made a 7 ft tall FS like bLaKgRaVy said worked for him thing is my guy always gets an interception but never returns it for the TD which is quite annoying so will probably have to keep trying for this one
Old 07-23-2011, 06:44 AM   #55
Bonkekook

Gamertag: Bonkekook

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I've simmed six seasons(3 at CB, 1 at FS, 1 at SS, 1 MLB) and played through one as a CB(my original player) and two as a MLB to try to get the achievement by blocking the punt. I knew it wasn't going to come easy seeing as I tend to have horrible luck, but man, this is just not worth the time. I spent around 10 hours in this game just trying to get this ONE achievement. And I think it won.

This is half venting and half informing anyone else who attempts it. You may get lucky and get it in 6 games like someone else in this thread did or you could wind up losing an entire day to it.
Bonkekook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:54 AM   #56
DontTry2Hard

Gamertag: DontTry2Hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkekook View Post
I've simmed six seasons(3 at CB, 1 at FS, 1 at SS, 1 MLB) and played through one as a CB(my original player) and two as a MLB to try to get the achievement by blocking the punt. I knew it wasn't going to come easy seeing as I tend to have horrible luck, but man, this is just not worth the time. I spent around 10 hours in this game just trying to get this ONE achievement. And I think it won.

This is half venting and half informing anyone else who attempts it. You may get lucky and get it in 6 games like someone else in this thread did or you could wind up losing an entire day to it.
that sucks bro. Don't give up..

Also, after reading this thread, I'm really happy I got so lucky. This was like the third achievement I got
DontTry2Hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:59 AM   #57
bLaKgRaVy
Guide Team Minstrel

Quote:
this one is annoying I made a 7 ft tall FS like bLaKgRaVy said worked for him thing is my guy always gets an interception but never returns it for the TD which is quite annoying so will probably have to keep trying for this one
Good. Keep trying. And please let us know when you finally do get it. I want to know every minute you're playing this game, since it seems that you are having trouble with EVERYTHING.

</sarcasm>
Old 07-24-2011, 02:14 AM   #58
bLaKgRaVy
Guide Team Minstrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkekook View Post

It's a luck based achievement. There's no skill involved whatsoever. Monopoly on the 360. Perfect example. You know what the odds are of rolling three doubles in a row for an achievement? Or landing on every single fucking space on the board for another achievement? My brother in law is a math teacher and he said the odds of rolling three doubles in a row are like 1 in 216 or something like that. Who the hell thought that would be a good achievement to include in the game. I know if you roll three doubles in a row, you go to jail. But to have an achievement for that?! Obscene. Achievements shouldn't be luck based at all. That game had me so frustrated at times, and it was just a piece of shit single player board game. Yea, I get frustrated playing online with others, but there's a skill involved. Guitar games are skill based. Any game where you just have to keep playing to get better is skill based. Playing Veteran or the hardest difficulty on FPS's, that takes skill. Monopoly, nuh uh.

Just supersim games and have it on in the background. Leave to browse your computer or something. Or flip back and forth watching TV. There's no use actually playing because like I said, it's pure luck that this achievement unlocks. You block a punt, a teammate or the other team gets the ball. You strip the ball, same thing. You intercept the ball, you get tackled. No way around it.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:13 AM   #59
Xtrminatr

Gamertag: Xtrminatr
Got it first try on a blocked punt, wasn't too bad.
Xtrminatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:34 PM   #60
kiskit

Gamertag: kiskit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef_Log_FTL View Post
I was a QB and MLB and was having trouble just like everyone else, if I got lucky enough to cause a fumble I was never the one to recover, and forget trying to get and INT. Finally get fed up enough, I turned offsides off. Being a MLB I was sometimes put on the punt block unit, well I blocked a punt easily picked it up and took in it for a touchdown, I scored a passing TD and rushing TD earlier in the game. After the game ended the achievement popped (I say this because I was definitely doing a bummer moment when it didn't pop right after I picked up the blocked kick for a TD, thinking that maybe they don't count since they are special teams, but was happy when I heard the bleep bloop for Ironman after the game ended).

Funny enough the very next game I got an INT and took it in for a TD anyways, just thought I'd share about the workaround though if you eventually decide to give up trying to get the achievement playing by the rules.
Finally got the achievement as kutlined in my next post.
now i am seriously annoyed with this achievement! i'm playing as a strong safety/QB. i threw for 3 TD, Ran for 3 TD. i blocked 2 punts & on the second block i scooped & scored from about 20 yds out--the cheevo never popped! i did not sim this or the other TD's. So what am i doing wrong??? this was my 4th game into the high school season. this is my only missing achievement for ncaa12.

have others encountered this problem?

also i am at the point of trying to super sim thru the game. before i resort to that tactic i need to clarify which approach i need to take.

1. i'm guessing i can't sim the entire season or 1 week at a time without actually starting each game, right?

2. when i sim do i have to hit "Sim Play" AND "Watch Play?" or can it just be keep hitting the A button for "Sim play"?

i was hoping that when cheevo didnt pop after the scoop & score that maybe they werent counting special teams play. now that i see the cheevo glitched on me i am getting bummed out by this final cheev.

one final question: when on special teams play such as punt & FG blocks is there any way of adjusting the camera point of view to either 1st person or from the opposite end zone as in how the default settings are for when you play QB? their squirrelly side view cam makes lining up for punt blocks very dicey.

any help on any of these issues is much appreciated! thanks!

Retail games completed: 74
Most Recent: TMNT
Arcade, WP7 & GFWL games completed: 46
Most Recent: Harbor Master (WP7)

Last edited by kiskit; 07-26-2011 at 04:23 AM. Reason: requested help w/ achievement; no longer need helped
kiskit is offline   Reply With Quote