PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > NCAA Football 12
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-26-2011, 04:18 AM   #61
kiskit

Send a message via MSN to kiskit

kiskit's Gamercard
NCAA 12 "Ironman" cheevo--how i got it

Ok I finally did get "Ironman" cheevo to finally 100% this game...

I basically wound up with nearly identical stats as the game where I met the achievement requirements without the cheevi unlocking.

here is how i unlocked the cheevo + I'll mention the only thing i did different:

I started the high school season with primary position as Strong Safety, Second position as QB. I set up all the opposing teams as weak/weak. I fast forwarded a week at a time until i saw one team was 0-6 won-loss record & played this game.

I had the game set on freshman difficulty. Then i ran for 2 TD, threw 2 TD. On one of my 2 blocked punts the ball bounced off the side off my helmet & landed towards the sidelines just behind me a few yds. Luckily (literally luck) i picked up the ball & ran about 50yd back for the TD.

Now at this point was the only thing i did different. I went to settings and changed it to Varsity. Then i ran for 2or 3 more TDs. Once the game ended & i hit exit game the cheevo unlocked for me.

In my 1st game where i meet the requirements i left it on freshman level. So maybe this setting does matter. To be safe if you play on freshman for this cheev I'd recommend bumping it to varsity before the game ends, just in case.

Retail games completed: 69
Most Recent: NCAA13
Arcade, WP7 & GFWL games completed: 36
Most Recent: Sally's Spa (WP7)
kiskit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:33 AM   #62
Ellerkermike371
Banned User

ellerkermike38's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiskit View Post
Ok I finally did get "Ironman" cheevo to finally 100% this game...

I basically wound up with nearly identical stats as the game where I met the achievement requirements without the cheevi unlocking.

here is how i unlocked the cheevo + I'll mention the only thing i did different:

I started the high school season with primary position as Strong Safety, Second position as QB. I set up all the opposing teams as weak/weak. I fast forwarded a week at a time until i saw one team was 0-6 won-loss record & played this game.

I had the game set on freshman difficulty. Then i ran for 2 TD, threw 2 TD. On one of my 2 blocked punts the ball bounced off the side off my helmet & landed towards the sidelines just behind me a few yds. Luckily (literally luck) i picked up the ball & ran about 50yd back for the TD.

Now at this point was the only thing i did different. I went to settings and changed it to Varsity. Then i ran for 2or 3 more TDs. Once the game ended & i hit exit game the cheevo unlocked for me.

In my 1st game where i meet the requirements i left it on freshman level. So maybe this setting does matter. To be safe if you play on freshman for this cheev I'd recommend bumping it to varsity before the game ends, just in case.
Does it matter which favourite team to use? Thanks for the advice and tips.
Ellerkermike371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:53 PM   #63
kiskit

Send a message via MSN to kiskit

kiskit's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellerkermike371 View Post
Does it matter which favourite team to use? Thanks for the advice and tips.
the 3 teams for college that u pick at beginning, you mean? it shouldnt matter but the three i picked were Washington Huskies, Northern Illinois Huskies, UCONN Huskies. LOL i even picked Huskies for my high school nickname (kept changing the state so i forget which one the cheevo actually unlocked on, Maine i think.) i have 3 Siberian Huskies so thats only reason I picked those 3 universities at the beginning!

Retail games completed: 69
Most Recent: NCAA13
Arcade, WP7 & GFWL games completed: 36
Most Recent: Sally's Spa (WP7)
kiskit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:09 PM   #64
Ellerkermike371
Banned User

ellerkermike38's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiskit View Post
the 3 teams for college that u pick at beginning, you mean? it shouldnt matter but the three i picked were Washington Huskies, Northern Illinois Huskies, UCONN Huskies. LOL i even picked Huskies for my high school nickname (kept changing the state so i forget which one the cheevo actually unlocked on, Maine i think.) i have 3 Siberian Huskies so thats only reason I picked those 3 universities at the beginning!
Okay thanks.
Ellerkermike371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:00 PM   #65
rwsports24

cincyironman824's Gamercard
does the offensive td count if youre a qb and throw a touchdown?
rwsports24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:40 AM   #66
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsports24 View Post
does the offensive td count if youre a qb and throw a touchdown?
Yes, an offensive touchdown counts when your created player scores a touchdown. For a QB, it has to be either a pass to someone for a touchdown or run it in himself. For a HB or WR (or TE), they have to either run the ball or catch a ball and make a touchdown. It's a lot easier to score with your created player if you're a QB since you have control of the ball 100% of the time and can audible to pass plays every time (only if QB is your first position. If it's your second, you can't audible).
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:08 AM   #67
jds78

Jds78's Gamercard
I blocked a extra point and ran it back but did not give me the ach it said td but NOTHING
jds78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:25 AM   #68
dan132518

Dan132518's Gamercard
I got very lucky with my mlb picking up a fumble off of a sack, if your guy is a WR or HB he has a better chance bc he is much faster.
dan132518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:10 PM   #69
Isanox
Banned User

isanox's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Finally

New player. 6' 8", 250lbs
ROLB / QB
Freshmen skill.
Bumped my defenses up to 75%. Dropped INT to 0%
Simmed until 4th and they punted.
About 10ft away
4th or 5th try I got a block and ran it in.

Thanks for the help.
Isanox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:34 AM   #70
ArcticInf3rno

Wardson17's Gamercard
Thanks for the tips I got it by blocking a field goal and returning it to the house.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:55 PM   #71
COUSINELVIS

for anybody thats been glitched out of this achievement and getting frustrated like i was, heres what i did.

i got glitched a bunch of times, no adjustments seemed to work. then i thought to delete all my other RTG seasons, except for the one i had set up to get Ironman Performance. i scooped and scored on 3 blocked punts, rushed for 4 tds, and *bink*, achievement un at the final whistle!
COUSINELVIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:25 PM   #72
Gr3yWolf21

Gr3yWolf21's Gamercard
I guess I need to turn offsides off and go for the blocked punt method.
Gr3yWolf21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:44 PM   #73
BORN T0 KILL IT

BORN T0 KILL IT's Gamercard
I did this achievement twice without it popping up before reading kiskit's tip to change the difficulty to varsity before the game ends. Once i did that it immediately unlocked after the game. Not 100% sure that was the reason it didn't unlock before but i figure it's definitely worth a try for anyone else having difficulty with it unlocking even after they get the TD on offense and defense.
Thanks to shiftymcneely, kiskit, and everyone else who contributed tips and advice for this pain of an achievement.
BORN T0 KILL IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:39 AM   #74
miLLaTime420

wow this bullshit is fuckin annoying.

ive done it 3 times and still haven't gotten it. was on varsity every time.. two times I thought it might have been because I changed settings during game... third time I made sure not to touch anything and still haven't gotten it.

I just reset all my settings back to normal and then just put offside and I am going to try again...
miLLaTime420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 02:24 AM   #75
miLLaTime420

man fuck this bullshit achievement.

I just did this 3 more fucking times in the playoffs and again in the state championship and I got TWO fuckin blocked punt TDS and still no achievement.

fuck wasting time and making another RTG shit is not worth it

edit : wow and I just got both best in class and ultimate ironman but not high school champ.

this game is so glitched.

Last edited by miLLaTime420; 08-06-2011 at 02:32 AM.
miLLaTime420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:16 PM   #76
Truth The Wise

WuTruth's Gamercard
Finally got it simply by simming. I created a CB/RB combo with almost all the sliders adjusted on varsity difficulty. Got around two or three interceptions through the regular season, and happened to get it the first game of the playoffs by simming. That was my second season trying to sim.

Truth The Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:13 PM   #77
potterscrow

potterscrow's Gamercard
Wow after no being able to get this I decided to try the supersim method in this thread and I got it by the 4th game of my first go around. This was one annoying achievement!!
potterscrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:56 AM   #78
DoomzDay11

DoomzDay11's Gamercard
This is a pain in the ass. I blocked a punt and returned it but got downed at the 3 yard line and havent came close since.
DoomzDay11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:31 PM   #79
Gr3yWolf21

Gr3yWolf21's Gamercard
I am going to give the simming method a try now. This is really annoying.
Gr3yWolf21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:24 AM   #80
TweetyNurse

TweetyNurse's Gamercard
Got it on my 4th game...Got a pick 6 with my MLB....I was so happy... No on to Dynasty then Im done with the game. GL to everyone

GT: TweetyNurse...Please send me a message with any Friend Request...Thanks
TweetyNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:03 AM   #81
Karlos2121

Karlos2121's Gamercard
I found this one pretty easy...I was worried after reading this forum on how people were struggling with it....

Primary Pos: QB
2nd Pos: ROLB

I bumped the height up to 6ft 3in...or maybe that was the default
all other stats default.

Offsides off
freshman difficulty.

block a punt and picked it up. on first series.
threw for a few TD's, then ran one in as the QB just to make sure.

It popped at the end of the game.

I don't think the "3 Favorite" schools have a bearing on this, but mine were Wash Huskies, WSU Cougars, and Standford.
Karlos2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:03 PM   #82
codomojump

Codyne Jump's Gamercard
I followed the above advise and got this near the end of the first quarter in my tenth game. I almost lost it when the achievement didn't pop up immediately. Then, after the final whistle, that beautiful BOOP sounded. I've never been happier to get an achievement.
codomojump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:10 AM   #83
marlinext

marlinext's Gamercard
I was a hb and a de. I simed through a couple games and got the achievement.
marlinext is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:50 PM   #84
secondfavorite

secondfavorite's Gamercard
block punt is the only way to go. still took several tries but I think it was 2nd game and 6-7 punt attempt. but follow the plan and it works. really tall and just get the angle right moving in on punter. you'll get it
secondfavorite is offline   Reply With Quote