PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Ms. Splosion Man
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-17-2011, 07:30 AM   #31
Didi Mau

Send a message via MSN to Didi Mau

CuriousJewbeard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Gold   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mil View Post
You can't touch the floor no matter the difficulty. You can still touch the floor in hardcore, you need to have good timing with splosions to avoid touching the floor
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJake View Post
There's lots of spots you can land on regardless of checkpoints.
Thanks guys, I've just done it- I only had a vague memory of the level and thought the only floors might come from respawning at a checkpoint.
Didi Mau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:51 AM   #32
mblaine

XXXICenturyMatt's Gamercard
Note for "You'll Believe a Ms. Can Fly" - I was able to earn the achievement by pausing and choosing "Restart level" after screwing up and touching the ground, and then proceeding to finish the level in one go properly. So, no need to return to the world map after messing up.
mblaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:28 AM   #33
sammyboyxtmx

SaMmYBoY xTMx's Gamercard
hi

hi guys i have started working on the multiplayer shoes and i am currently now working on world 2, i have already uploaded world 1 shoes, from 1-1 to 1-16 locations, make sure to go check it out heres a link to the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8VeSJPZsp0
Enjoy and don't forget to like the video. =)
sammyboyxtmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:56 PM   #34
Mil

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboyxtmx View Post
hi guys i have started working on the multiplayer shoes and i am currently now working on world 2, i have already uploaded world 1 shoes, from 1-1 to 1-16 locations, make sure to go check it out heres a link to the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8VeSJPZsp0
Enjoy and don't forget to like the video. =)
Thank you very much, I hadn't found a guide for the multiplayer!
Mil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:48 PM   #35
Detective Pilgrim

http://www.diygamer.com/2011/07/guid...-hidden-exits/

Here's a text guide for all the single player shoe locations. It's no replacement for MrBr1zzo's great videos, but since he's not done yet it might help some out for now.
Detective Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:18 PM   #36
sammyboyxtmx

hi

Here's part two to my my multiplayer achievement shoe guide, it has all 16 shoes for world 2 and heres the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X68NzL53CeU
And don't forget to like the video. =)
Old 07-17-2011, 11:36 PM   #37
DarkJake

Chaos Lawyer's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skititlez View Post
So they can't die at all is what you're saying?
The level's checkpoints have switches corresponding to how many people are playing the level. I'm pretty sure this is the only level to do so, every other level only requiring two players survive.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:21 AM   #38
Yourburntstar

McPrescot Bobby's Gamercard
Ms Splosion man MP Question

Hey i was just wondering does anyone happen to know where the secret exit is in MP level 1-7 which would lead to level 1-8? i've found the single player one, but me and my buddy cant find the MP one, so if anyone knows please let me know. i'd appreciate it
Yourburntstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:58 AM   #39
Didi Mau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourburntstar View Post
Hey i was just wondering does anyone happen to know where the secret exit is in MP level 1-7 which would lead to level 1-8? i've found the single player one, but me and my buddy cant find the MP one, so if anyone knows please let me know. i'd appreciate it
At the very start of the level when you begin the free fall, there's a gap at the top right which you can 'splode over that leads to the secret exit.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mil View Post
But yea, for now I gave it the same number as the previous one. I 100% 'splosion man and I'm finding this one a bit harder as well.
I'd say the difficulty is about the same, 8/10 seems good. I've just finished hardcore mode and whilst when I first started I agreed that this game was harder than the original, it no longer feels that way now that I know the solutions to the puzzles. It certainly doesn't feel a whole number of difficulty above the original at least, there's only a few levels that have more than one challenging section and the rest of the level is memorisation of what to do (pretty much the same as 'Splosion Man's levels).

Last edited by Didi Mau; 07-18-2011 at 12:02 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:38 PM   #40
sammyboyxtmx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourburntstar View Post
yes i know it, check out the multiplayer shoe guide video on the forum and it will be shown in there. =)
Old 07-18-2011, 09:54 PM   #41
ShaoCage

ShaoCage's Gamercard
Glitch?

Need help. I just completed all singleplayer stages plus the all Bonus stages but the "sore thumps, inflated ego" Achievements still hasn't unlocked. Is this a glitch?
ShaoCage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:06 AM   #42
Mil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaoCage View Post
Need help. I just completed all singleplayer stages plus the all Bonus stages but the "sore thumps, inflated ego" Achievements still hasn't unlocked. Is this a glitch?

make sure you did complete them, maybe you are missing a hidden stage. If you have a record in it, then you did.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:58 PM   #43
Detective Pilgrim

I was probably on the side that said this and the original are on par with difficultly, but then I got to the third map, and wow, that changed my view. It's been awhile since I played the original, granted, but I honestly don't remember having nearly this much trouble even in its later stages. I don't think I've cleared a stage in less than 15-20 minutes since 3-3 or something. Some of these stages, I swear, feel like they belong in some ultra hardcore challenge room designed specifically to test the limits of patience. As much as I enjoy the game, I think it kind of passed the line of challenge to tedium for me personally. Not sure if I'll bother with hardcore or not.
Detective Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:00 PM   #44
RetroGuy

Scruffy McGuffy's Gamercard
Is there a decent shoes guide anywhere? I see that guy put up excellent vids of all the levels, but it isn't convenient to watch potentially an entire level run just to find out where its shoes are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective Pilgrim View Post
...Some of these stages, I swear, feel like they belong in some ultra hardcore challenge room designed specifically to test the limits of patience. As much as I enjoy the game, I think it kind of passed the line of challenge to tedium for me personally.
According to TrueAchievements, only 23% have completed the first games SP. That is a very low number IMO and I'm sure the tough difficulty in some spots was a factor. I really don't understand why developers do this kind of thing. Odds are many who didn't finish the first game won't buy the second game. Right there, you have as much as 77% of people who bought Splosion Man who may not be interested in buying Ms Splosion Man. You'd think the developers would want people to buy their games.

Last edited by RetroGuy; 07-19-2011 at 03:05 PM.
RetroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:06 PM   #45
Didi Mau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective Pilgrim View Post
I was probably on the side that said this and the original are on par with difficultly, but then I got to the third map, and wow, that changed my view. It's been awhile since I played the original, granted, but I honestly don't remember having nearly this much trouble even in its later stages. I don't think I've cleared a stage in less than 15-20 minutes since 3-3 or something. Some of these stages, I swear, feel like they belong in some ultra hardcore challenge room designed specifically to test the limits of patience. As much as I enjoy the game, I think it kind of passed the line of challenge to tedium for me personally. Not sure if I'll bother with hardcore or not.
For what it's worth, my first run throughs of the 3-x levels were almost entirely double the par time or worse, one of which took so long that the game couldn't even record my ghost for the level. After a little bit of repetition though, the levels became mostly one challenging section surrounded with little tricky parts that you can mess up on if you're not paying full attention, but aren't particularly diabolical by themselves.

The hardest part in the game in my opinion is a section where you have to jump from car to car whilst a spiked wall/beam of electricity chases you and you have to do this three times in a row (the difficulty coming from the vechile's spawning seemingly being random, and you have very little margin of error when it comes to replenishing your splodes). Other than that I'd say there's only three or four sections in the game I'd call vicious and the rest is relatively standard (albeit fast-paced) platforming, I think N+ is a much more demanding game. The biggest killer is self doubt, if you second guess yourself in many of the game's situations then you've run out of time to get through the hazard in one piece- it reminds me very much of Contra in this respect, you have to learn the layout of the level and then dive right into it.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:04 AM   #46
DemonDuffeh

demonduffeh's Gamercard
So is it possible to do Helped A Lady Across The Street in 2 girls one controler mode without one of them sploding? And is it ok if they both die at sumpoint so long as the same one doesnt splode or do i have to do it in one go

Edit: I can confirm it work in 2 girls one controler mode and i died alot so dieing isnt a problem it can get hard at sum points trying to control both and remembering not to splode with other. If you do it with 2 ppl at the end u have to splode off some scenery below exit or u may not reach the platform alone

Last edited by DemonDuffeh; 07-20-2011 at 10:46 AM. Reason: works in 2 girls one controller mode
DemonDuffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:42 PM   #47
Scrubber

Scrubber89's Gamercard
For the Score One For Team Awesome - 20G achievement you said that This can be done in any combination of Online/Local/2G1C clears. Meaning you can do some levels online, some by yourself in 2G1C and some Local.

Well i had previously done a few of the multiplayer levels with 2 girls one controller and today i tried continuing by playing local with a friend but the only option was to 'start new game'

Can anybody comment on this? thanks.
Scrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:39 PM   #48
TheHatter

Captain Simian's Gamercard
In response to game sales and difficulty, I am one of those 77% that did not finish the first one because of difficulty (and lack of co-op partner) but I bought this game day one and in fact was a part of the beta testing.

The biggest aspect of the game that I absolutely hate is having to learn the level before really being able to play the level. You must know what is coming up and when to Splode and how to position yourself before even getting to that point. There were many levels where I splode on a row of barrels to the right then all of a sudden the next barrel is to the left but I'm already sploded to the right and die. Also, and this is more my tv, but because of overscan, I can't see the far left and right edges, so when playing a part that zooms out and Ms. Splosion Man is at the edge of the screen, there's a lot of guess work on my part of what I'm doing. I want to say there were only 4 maybe 5 parts like this, though.

TheHatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:02 PM   #49
Scrubber

Scrubber89's Gamercard
I've had the first one since very early 2010 and i only completed the multiplayer yesterday

Been working on the Hardcore mode of Ms SplosionMan, on world 3 now and i just feel like giving up. It's too hard, very frustrating and the levels are too f*cking long.
Scrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:57 PM   #50
TheFox2006

Send a message via MSN to TheFox2006 Send a message via Yahoo to TheFox2006

XITheFoxIX's Gamercard
nice Guide
Old 07-21-2011, 10:20 PM   #51
Mil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubber View Post
For the Score One For Team Awesome - 20G achievement you said that This can be done in any combination of Online/Local/2G1C clears. Meaning you can do some levels online, some by yourself in 2G1C and some Local.

Well i had previously done a few of the multiplayer levels with 2 girls one controller and today i tried continuing by playing local with a friend but the only option was to 'start new game'

Can anybody comment on this? thanks.
If you got the shoes in say, level 1-2, once you get there in Local. You will see they have already been acquired.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:08 PM   #52
sammyboyxtmx

hi

Hey guys im currently working on my world 3 multiplayer shoe guide, i have all the shoes apart from level 3-16. If anyone knows where this shoe is i would really appreciate if someone could tell me where it is. =)
Old 07-23-2011, 05:53 PM   #53
Mil

Quote:
Hey guys im currently working on my world 3 multiplayer shoe guide, i have all the shoes apart from level 3-16. If anyone knows where this shoe is i would really appreciate if someone could tell me where it is. =)
Very easy to get, at the very very beginning go back instead of forward and splode the boxes.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:50 PM   #54
sammyboyxtmx

hi

Hey guys i have completed the final world, world 3 on ms splosion man, getting all 18 shoes and here's the video guide for it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6FcJU8ZSLI
Make sure to like the video it took me ages to find them and then edit the video. =)
Old 07-24-2011, 05:34 PM   #55
Mil

Quote:
Hey guys i have completed the final world, world 3 on ms splosion man, getting all 18 shoes and here's the video guide for it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6FcJU8ZSLI
Make sure to like the video it took me ages to find them and then edit the video. =)
Any chance you could add them to a playlist for easier viewing?
And I didn't check, but if you have the single players I could put yours here too
Old 07-25-2011, 04:26 PM   #56
sammyboyxtmx

what do you mean by playlist, i have added links at the start of every video to take you to the next part.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:41 AM   #57
VEGETA_Huelva

thanks for this great guide, served as me a lot of help.
VEGETA_Huelva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:01 PM   #58
FlackoWeasel

Send a message via MSN to FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel's Gamercard
Anyone know where did the challenge mode go? It used to be activated with X. I wanted to get the 5g but I did not see the button...

Nutty Female Gamer, So Nutty So Crazy!
FlackoWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:45 PM   #59
Mil

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlackoWeasel View Post
Anyone know where did the challenge mode go? It used to be activated with X. I wanted to get the 5g but I did not see the button...
What do you mean? The only challenge mode in this game are the periodically added challenges accessible through the main menu and have no achievements linked to them.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:36 AM   #60
FlackoWeasel

Send a message via MSN to FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel's Gamercard
Ahh! Oops, my mistake. I mixed it up with something else.

Nutty Female Gamer, So Nutty So Crazy!
FlackoWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote