PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Resident Evil 4 HD
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-18-2011, 04:44 PM   #31
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gor1lla View Post
Didnt want to say her name Maybe it is story related, but the description says "Ring the bell" and basically you don't ring it with Leon in the beinning, guess we will see it, when the game is released

Dr. Salvador sounds much cooler =(

You have to stand at the end of the balk and shoot ~5 times in the water, then the monster will grant you your wish to die fast

I know that the RPG doesnt match in, but i sooo love RE4 and just want to talk about it :> Declare it as tactic or smth

Just remembered that the easiest way to kill Krauser is to dodge his attacks (QTE) and knife him afterwards, should kill him in a few seconds
Alternatively, if you stand there for enough time Lago will jump up and eat you. I think it's anywhere from a minute to three minutes standing by the dock, but I didn't shoot the water and it came up after me. Either way works lol.

If you want to save pesetas and create a challenge, kill Verdugo with the knife. It takes figuring out its attack pattern but it's possible to kill Verdugo without taking any damage and using the knife. The only problem is that it takes...20-30 minutes (at least it felt like it for me).

Also regarding achievement order...

Quote:
A Rock and a Hard Place 50
Outmaneuver the rampaging beast, El Gigante.

Chapter 2-3
At the crossroad where you must pick Right (El Gigante) or Left (Bella Sisters). Pick the Right route and escape El Gigante as fast as you can.

Secure the Ballistics 50
Rescue the president's daughter, Ashley. Afterwards, the real fun begins.
If the Gigante achievement is in fact the one from 2-3, then shouldn't it appear after "Secure the Ballistics" in the list? Or is that how it's officially set up...because if they set it up as such and all the other achievements are in order (storywise)...then maybe we're both wrong and they DO mean the first Gigante fight, which is just before rescuing Ashley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenderPowguin View Post
I'll support any post of CrazyMv94's that isn't whining from lack of social connection.

Last edited by TVthePunisher; 07-18-2011 at 04:47 PM.
TVthePunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:23 PM   #32
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Or is that how it's officially set up
That's the order the achievement list comes in, leading me to believe defeating the first Gigante is the requirement for the achievement.

Also it's been mentioned that defeating Verdugo is missable, so the missable achievements in the roadmap needs to read 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 07-18-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:43 PM   #33
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
That's the order the achievement list comes in, leading me to believe defeating the first Gigante is the requirement for the achievement.

Also it's been mentioned that defeating Verdugo is missable, so the missable achievements in the roadmap needs to read 2.
That is very true, as you don't have to kill Verdugo to proceed. The benefit to killing Verdugo is getting his treasure, but even the official guide mentions that if you need to just constantly freeze him and dodge his attacks until the lift arrives, then you can leave.

Quote:
I'll support any post of CrazyMv94's that isn't whining from lack of social connection.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:49 PM   #34
The Stray

NeoStrayCat's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Or better yet, kill Verdugo with freezing him first or not (depends), then either unload an RPG, Chicago Typewriter, or the Handcannon to kill him quicker. The other weapons take forever to take him down.

Sig by Setsuna
The Stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:56 PM   #35
Caramel Cardinal

CaramelCardinal's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Silver   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
still think your all reading way too much into these achievements, they probebly picked the name and description because it sounded cool, much better than complete chapter 2-3 for instance
Contrary to popular belief this here is a forum signature, it is not however an advertising space, a place where i show off my gamertag or a giraffe skiing in the alps being chased by an army of penguin snipers and a polar bear

Gears of war's gridlock recreated in halo reaches forge and compatible with all game types can be found here
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Fi...aramelCardinal
Caramel Cardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:15 AM   #36
Gor1lla

gor1lla the one's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Possible, but some of them still match 2 encounters

The post about the achievements being in order makes sense and they don't seem like they would put some eastereggs as achievements, but who knows

Third in Germany to 1000 Batman: AA
First in Germany to 1000 Batman: AC
Gor1lla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:53 AM   #37
Leon McLane

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
you are right. Thanks God. Because to get this f***ing gun is very HARD.
Leon McLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:54 AM   #38
Leon McLane

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Paralyzer View Post
Thats basically what I was going to say haha. Easy game if the bottle caps aren't to much trouble for some.

I can't believe the Hand Cannon is not an achievement. THANK GOD! I hated doing that.
you are right. Thanks God. Because to get this f***ing gun is very HARD.
Leon McLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:20 AM   #39
Mr Yac

Mr Yac's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
is mercenaries mode even in, seems odd to me there wouldn't be a single achievment tied to it
Mr Yac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:17 PM   #40
The Stray

NeoStrayCat's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze
Yes, Mercs, and the other extra modes should be in it as it was, of course it requires completing the game once.

Sig by Setsuna
Old 07-24-2011, 01:49 AM   #41
TVthePunisher

I feel like this is the perfect opportunity for dlc achievements regarding mercs.

Quote:
Old 07-25-2011, 04:59 PM   #42
redsmoke7

redSmoke7's Gamercard
thats sweet already have a guide for this.. guess its to be expected with a re-release
Old 07-25-2011, 06:19 PM   #43
resevil239

there are actually several Missable achievements. Including "What are they worth?" theres also the one for ringing the bell, shooting into the lake, running away from the El Gante, getting all the costumes, and beating it on hard.
resevil239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:25 PM   #44
resevil239

Quote:
If I remember correctly you cannot carry over guns to a harder playthrough as in No typewriter for first pro run.
This is wrong actually. Assuming everything is the same as the PS2 version (as it could be different on other systems, I only played the PS2 one) when you beat the game it has you make a save. when you load that save, you start a new game (it lets you pick the difficulty) and you keep all of the stuff and money you ended the last game with (basically its version of a new game+). Anyone remember how you unlock the typewritter in the first place? I remember getting some laser cannon for beating hard and that you could get the hand cannon for 5 staring every mercenaries map with every character (thank god this isn't an achievement cuz its the only think I never managed to unlock since it was crazy hard!)
resevil239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:44 AM   #45
TVthePunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by resevil239 View Post
This is wrong actually. Assuming everything is the same as the PS2 version (as it could be different on other systems, I only played the PS2 one) when you beat the game it has you make a save. when you load that save, you start a new game (it lets you pick the difficulty) and you keep all of the stuff and money you ended the last game with (basically its version of a new game+). Anyone remember how you unlock the typewritter in the first place? I remember getting some laser cannon for beating hard and that you could get the hand cannon for 5 staring every mercenaries map with every character (thank god this isn't an achievement cuz its the only think I never managed to unlock since it was crazy hard!)
The Gamecube and Wii versions had all Round 2, 3, etcs. on the same file as the first game. You couldn't change difficulty =/, you'd have to make a new game and select Professional from there.

To unlock the Chicago Typewriter, you simply have to complete Assignment Ada (a minigame/short non-canonical story where you play as Ada). Different from Seperate Ways btw. Also you had to complete the game before the thing would even open up, could change for this version.

Quote:
Old 07-26-2011, 11:45 AM   #46
Thicketford

Thicketford's Gamercard
Even if you can use the Chicago Typewrier on Pro, I'll probably not bother with it. I like a challenge. I haven't played the PS2 version in years, so I can't remember.
Thicketford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:59 PM   #47
MakoBallistic

MakoBallistic's Gamercard
Hats off to everyone who is trying to complete the guide before the games even out on 360, gotta love the determination of the x360a community!

Hater's Gonna Hate, Hacker's Gonna Hack, Douche's Gonna Troll
MakoBallistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:40 PM   #48
bloodkiller15
Banned User

xBLooDPaiN559x's Gamercard
Quote:
A Rock and a Hard Place 50
Outmaneuver the rampaging beast, El Gigante.

Chapter 2-3
At the crossroad where you must pick Right (El Gigante) or Left (Bella Sisters). Pick the Right route and escape El Gigante as fast as you can.

you fight him in the circle canyon part where the las plagues dude are pulling him out with a rope and get owned by him! dont you think that is what this is refering too?

Last edited by bloodkiller15; 08-03-2011 at 05:44 PM.
bloodkiller15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:43 PM   #49
bloodkiller15
Banned User

xBLooDPaiN559x's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVthePunisher View Post
The Gamecube and Wii versions had all Round 2, 3, etcs. on the same file as the first game. You couldn't change difficulty =/, you'd have to make a new game and select Professional from there.

To unlock the Chicago Typewriter, you simply have to complete Assignment Ada (a minigame/short non-canonical story where you play as Ada). Different from Seperate Ways btw. Also you had to complete the game before the thing would even open up, could change for this version.
who the hell didnt play this on the game cube that what it was ment to be on, and besides hes right round 2 and round 3 was the choices how would u switch the difficulty with this in check?
bloodkiller15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:54 AM   #50
Midey77

Midey77's Gamercard
Actually you have to beat 'Assignment Ada' in order to unlock Ada's third costume for Mercenaries Mode.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:22 PM   #51
Freakris

Freakris's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodkiller15 View Post
you fight him in the circle canyon part where the las plagues dude are pulling him out with a rope and get owned by him! dont you think that is what this is refering too?
I can confirm that the achievement unlocked after you kill the first one you encounter. When you are returning from the boat trip... And not the one in 2-3...

And for Do Not Shoot the Water! (50g), it unlocks after you shoot in the water a few times before you go on the boat.

Yeah, I'm playing the NTSC-J version.

Freakris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:44 AM   #52
Teh Paralyzer

New Paralyzer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakris View Post
I can confirm that the achievement unlocked after you kill the first one you encounter. When you are returning from the boat trip... And not the one in 2-3...

And for Do Not Shoot the Water! (50g), it unlocks after you shoot in the water a few times before you go on the boat.

Yeah, I'm playing the NTSC-J version.

Thank you. Was waiting for someone with the Japanese version to assist. Will update the guide.

4th Person to 1K DDR Universe on X360A... on my old gamertag
Teh Paralyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:57 AM   #53
GoDz Kaiser Ren

GoDz Kaiser Ren's Gamercard
Ringing the bell should refer to the church bell, it's the second area with blue medals you have to shoot the church bell and some enemies come out to fight you (which would make this missable). Shooting the water is also missable since there is never a reason to do this other then the funny death scene and now an achievement. Also killing Salazar's right hand man is completely optional (and thus missable). My first every playthrew I was horrible at the game and didn't have anywhere near enough ammo to kill him.
GoDz Kaiser Ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:41 PM   #54
Predator Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDz Kaiser Ren View Post
Ringing the bell should refer to the church bell, it's the second area with blue medals you have to shoot the church bell and some enemies come out to fight you (which would make this missable). Shooting the water is also missable since there is never a reason to do this other then the funny death scene and now an achievement. Also killing Salazar's right hand man is completely optional (and thus missable). My first every playthrew I was horrible at the game and didn't have anywhere near enough ammo to kill him.
Not true.

It pops once the bell rings and the villagers all bugger off into the chapel. Please check your facts before posting, thank you.
Predator Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:00 AM   #55
XHanzoHasashiX

XHanzoHasashiX's Gamercard
does this game really need a guide a mean i would think this game is second nature to anyone who is gonna get it
XHanzoHasashiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:45 PM   #56
The Stray

NeoStrayCat's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by XHanzoHasashiX View Post
does this game really need a guide a mean i would think this game is second nature to anyone who is gonna get it
Yes it does, I don't see why you have to complain, seeing you post count means your being dull, and not every game has an achievement guide and roadmap on x360a you know.

Sig by Setsuna
Old 09-15-2011, 06:21 AM   #57
GoDz Kaiser Ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator Pete View Post
Not true.
Quote:

It pops once the bell rings and the villagers all bugger off into the chapel. Please check your facts before posting, thank you.
-Should refer to- Please read what people actually say before you post.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:12 AM   #58
Predator Pete

Quote:
[LEFT]

-Should refer to- Please read what people actually say before you post.
"Should refer to" whatever, I'm telling you it doesn't and positing what you *think* it refers to doesn't help anyone. So how about playing the game first.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:02 PM   #59
GoDz Kaiser Ren

Quote:
"Should refer to" whatever, I'm telling you it doesn't and positing what you *think* it refers to doesn't help anyone. So how about playing the game first.
It Begins With a Ring 50
Ring the mysterious bell. What happens after that, is up to you.

Being that it reads ring the bell, it shouldn't refer to the opening village scene because you have nothing to do with that. Considering the game is still 4 days away I can't play it yet, also being a dick for no reason doesn't help anyone either.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:35 AM   #60
Predator Pete

Quote:
It Begins With a Ring 50
Ring the mysterious bell. What happens after that, is up to you.

Being that it reads ring the bell, it shouldn't refer to the opening village scene because you have nothing to do with that. Considering the game is still 4 days away I can't play it yet, also being a dick for no reason doesn't help anyone either.
It shouldn't, but it does. And it's out where I am, ie Japan, so deal with it. Honestly, your kind of input belongs in the Achievement Discussion topics, not the Guides. Would you like the URL?