Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Japanese Games (NTSC-J) > Action > Catherine
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-28-2011, 07:17 PM   #31
TakeoutMage

TakeoutMage209's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jae200 View Post
I'm on day 2, the torture chamber I believe on Easy. I remember one of the sheep telling me not to panic and I think thats good advice.. The controls can be a little finicky at times and I've only managed to get 2 gold prizes on easy (the first 2 levels). The others were silver and 1 bronze. Doesn't look like its going to be easy but I'm sure there will be videos eventually to help if needed. Fun game though.
just so you know, GOLD is for the whole night.
say there s 3 stages in night 2, u need to ace all 3 stages to get a gold reward for night 2.

they show u ur rating for each stages just so u know where ur at in ur night, but GOLD is for the nights and THAT is ur rating.

so like the achievement for getting 5 gold rewards on normal or higher, its 5 nights, not stages
TakeoutMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:20 PM   #32
jae200

soulstlkr2's Gamercard
I enjoy playing the game and don't want to watch any videos.. but yeah, this game is giving me problems. It took me maybe 20 tries or more to finish the last 2 levels of chapter 3 with the tongue waggly butt monster and I'm playing on easy. I can't imagine what hard is going to be like.
jae200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:44 PM   #33
TakeoutMage

TakeoutMage209's Gamercard
@ jae200

make sure to watch all techniques the sheeps shows u in between stages, really useful.

and yeah, some of those monster stages can be a royal pain!

i can imagine going at hard... but all gold at hard?... just thinking about it is enough to give me nightmares (sheeps not included)
TakeoutMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:17 PM   #34
MBCPeanut

MBCpeanut's Gamercard
I just beat the game on easy and it wasn't so bad overall, but there are places here and there that are difficult. I'll probably try playing through on normal next time, but I know I'll probably never even try it on hard, I'm not a masochist.

This is going to be a true test of skill for people who want 1,000. It's going to require skill and a willingness to put in some serious time and effort towards it. Good luck to those who do.
MBCPeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:33 PM   #35
Finaldark

MemoriesofFinal's Gamercard
if this is an easy 1k, I'd love to know what would be a hard doable 1k in comparison.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:26 PM   #36
jae200

soulstlkr2's Gamercard
I'm sure I'll try hard eventually.. I want to unlock as many modes as possible and try and see all the endings. The stage 3 boss wasn't really too hard once I found a strategy that worked it was just alot of trial and error getting to that point and I'm not great at puzzle games even though I have quite alot that I enjoy.
jae200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:39 AM   #37
Lord Nikecon

Lord Nikecon's Gamercard
I think the only achievements that'll make this an easy 100% are the ones for all stages on hard gold, and seeing all 8 endings. A few others too perhaps, but those are the ones I can see making people stop playing. Takes about 5-8 hours each play through. If you're not sitting there playing non stop at least. xD At 5-8 hours times 8 you're looking at a bit of a commitment. xD But if anyone has maxed dead rising 1 then this should be fine for them.
Lord Nikecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 05:44 PM   #38
FeLizP
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to FeLizP Send a message via Yahoo to FeLizP Send a message via Skype™ to FeLizP

FeLizP's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finaldark View Post
if this is an easy 1k, I'd love to know what would be a hard doable 1k in comparison.
Well apparently someone has already obtained the full 1000 for the game.

http://live.xbox.com/en-US/MyXbox/Pr...AGENT+SCRUBASS

According to True-achievements he first played the game on July 29, 2011. Today is the 30th.......

He has no unlock dates for his achievements(all offline what a coincidence) therefore he's not even on the leader-boards. The game can't even be completed in 24 hours it takes too much time to do 3 playthroughs, Gold everything, Babel, etc. there's just no way.

All signs point to hacker. What a cheat, he's only lying to himself. Even has his motto up as "First to 1000 Catherine!"

Yes first HACKER to 1000 Catherine. Anyways it's no big deal, it's just a game. I just feel that cheaters should be exposed. Not fair to anyone else who actually does it legit. But hackers we KNOW who you are. Anybody know if this guy has a history of hacking?
FeLizP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:31 AM   #39
DarthCat

Frankly I think the people who say the hardest achievement(s) are the ones for medals on hard aren't quite on the mark - the hardest ones will be those for Babel! I'm managing a lot of golds (6 of the first 7 stages) on normal, but my best run on Altar - the FIRST Babel stage - is only about 85 steps, so far!
DarthCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:11 AM   #40
Finaldark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nikecon View Post
I think the only achievements that'll make this an easy 100% are the ones for all stages on hard gold, and seeing all 8 endings. A few others too perhaps, but those are the ones I can see making people stop playing. Takes about 5-8 hours each play through. If you're not sitting there playing non stop at least. xD At 5-8 hours times 8 you're looking at a bit of a commitment. xD But if anyone has maxed dead rising 1 then this should be fine for them.

The endings arent a problem. You only need to play through 3 times, 3 Endings per each side of the bar and 2 in the middle. Save at the beginning of Chapter 9 and you'll be set.

You only need to play once if you get gold. Then you can just skip the level that you have golds on.

Babel is probably the hard part since it is skill based since its randomized.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:55 PM   #41
Jordbrett

jordbrett84's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Do the videos of the babel levels even help? I tried the final
Babel level out of curiosity and got 11 so I know I'll never get those achievements. I'll probably sit at around 750 in this one.

Jordbrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:58 AM   #42
Enix2000

Enix2000's Gamercard
I really want to go for a 1000pt but babel just looks too hard for me. I cant seem to even get past the first one. made it to step 85 or 86 but I always end up traped somewhere. The others achievements I think wont be too bad. the levels can be replayed until you know the layout and you can watch videos if you get stuck. but babel seems to be out of my reach. Anyone know if you get enough exp on this game do you have a fair shot at beating all 4 levels or is it still really hard. I no longer have alot of time to game anymore. if this achievement is really hard no matter your skill level I may just skip.
Enix2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:43 AM   #43
ParoXyzm

paroXyzm's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enix2000 View Post
I really want to go for a 1000pt but babel just looks too hard for me. I cant seem to even get past the first one. made it to step 85 or 86 but I always end up traped somewhere. The others achievements I think wont be too bad. the levels can be replayed until you know the layout and you can watch videos if you get stuck. but babel seems to be out of my reach. Anyone know if you get enough exp on this game do you have a fair shot at beating all 4 levels or is it still really hard. I no longer have alot of time to game anymore. if this achievement is really hard no matter your skill level I may just skip.
I am planning to scoop up all the achievements at one time (which is why I'm still at 200 something) minus the Babel ones. First day I unlocked Babel I maxed out on level 1 at floor 86 while consistently failing at floor 30. Completed story mode and tried a bit on hard the next day and then I maxed out at floor 103 while consistently failing at floor 50. This morning I did more hard mode and then I maxed out at floor 120 while easily making floor 90 before failing.

Perhaps it is just a coincidence but I feel that playing hard mode/following videos improve your ability in general. So in short, yes, experience will give you a fair shot at beating all 4 levels. Now of course I was talking about level 1 so you're looking at a looooong road to 1k if you go for it.

ParoXyzm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:33 AM   #44
Jordbrett

jordbrett84's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enix2000 View Post
Try pairs on the babel levels there are about 50+ less blocks.

Jordbrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:11 AM   #45
luke391

Send a message via AIM to luke391 Send a message via Skype™ to luke391

Admiral Vic's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finaldark View Post
Lost Planet 2 =P

@ Enix:

For me and Babel which I finished 2/4 (and 150 on the 3rd) and overall I found that they stick to patterns. Try to keep track of each puzzle (which will appear singularly and change to the wide pattern at 43 or so) and once you see them do it in the least destructive way. It will take a LOT of doing and will not work on 3 - 4, but it will help you get to the end.

About Babel:

I dont know if anyone actually has played many of them, but of the 3 I have (with 7/9 golds) I found them to be completely self inclusive. 1 was a LOT harder for me to beat than 2 (which shockingly took me 3 - 5 tries), but 3 is harder than 1/2 combined. A lot of babel relies on you knowing what you're doing with just enough luck. (for those saying im wrong you face a LOT of unknown boxes on 3)

Last edited by luke391; 08-01-2011 at 10:13 AM.
luke391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:46 PM   #46
UnknownHero

SSUMBODY's Gamercard
The only hard achievements should be getting gold medals on hard and finishing Babel. I had a little trouble beating stage 1 on hard but somehow got gold. XD Also Babel is easier if you do pairs they are less floors.
UnknownHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:58 AM   #47
ParoXyzm

paroXyzm's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownHero View Post
The only hard achievements should be getting gold medals on hard and finishing Babel. I had a little trouble beating stage 1 on hard but somehow got gold. XD Also Babel is easier if you do pairs they are less floors.
Is it confirmed that you can get the achievements via pairs Babel? And can you play it with only one person?

Old 08-02-2011, 05:15 AM   #48
FeLizP
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to FeLizP Send a message via Yahoo to FeLizP Send a message via Skype™ to FeLizP

FeLizP's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParoXyzm View Post
Is it confirmed that you can get the achievements via pairs Babel? And can you play it with only one person?
I was told that it worked in Pair mode but you need 2 controllers. I found out after I already submitted the guide so I reminded the mods to add it in before they post it because that makes Babel a bit easier from my understanding.

Don't expect it to get THAT much easier, you still need to have some above average climbing abilities to beat Obelisk and the improbable Axis Mundi.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:39 PM   #49
UnknownHero

SSUMBODY's Gamercard
Quote:
You could get the achievements if you beat it in pairs, I test it the other day and you need two people to play it.

It will still take skill but it was way easier for me then single, the farthest I went in single in stage 1 was 129.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:55 PM   #50
ParoXyzm

paroXyzm's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownHero View Post
You could get the achievements if you beat it in pairs, I test it the other day and you need two people to play it.

It will still take skill but it was way easier for me then single, the farthest I went in single in stage 1 was 129.
But if you let one player get killed, and use the other one to finish, is that acceptable?

Old 08-02-2011, 09:03 PM   #51
FeLizP
Banned User

FeLizP's Gamercard

Quote:
But if you let one player get killed, and use the other one to finish, is that acceptable?
No. It's automatically game over once one of the players die. So you have to keep player 1 and 2 alive all the way through.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:07 PM   #52
ParoXyzm

paroXyzm's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeLizP View Post
No. It's automatically game over once one of the players die. So you have to keep player 1 and 2 alive all the way through.
Hmmm... Okay. When Pairs has fewer floors, how many are we talking? I am trying to determine whether or not getting a friend to play is worth the effort if there is only like 10 fewer floors.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:10 PM   #53
SpongebobRoundpants

gamerboyTHXtss's Gamercard
Has anyone got 1000G in this game yet?
SpongebobRoundpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:06 PM   #54
coloneilfrost

coloneilfrost's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeLizP View Post
Well apparently someone has already obtained the full 1000 for the game.

http://live.xbox.com/en-US/MyXbox/Pr...AGENT+SCRUBASS

According to True-achievements he first played the game on July 29, 2011. Today is the 30th.......

He has no unlock dates for his achievements(all offline what a coincidence) therefore he's not even on the leader-boards. The game can't even be completed in 24 hours it takes too much time to do 3 playthroughs, Gold everything, Babel, etc. there's just no way.

All signs point to hacker. What a cheat, he's only lying to himself. Even has his motto up as "First to 1000 Catherine!"

Yes first HACKER to 1000 Catherine. Anyways it's no big deal, it's just a game. I just feel that cheaters should be exposed. Not fair to anyone else who actually does it legit. But hackers we KNOW who you are. Anybody know if this guy has a history of hacking?
what a loser...... of course he cheated. this game is longer then 10 hours plus he would have to gold all the levels on hard which would take more then 1 day........ plus some of the other achievements will take longer to get...... lol and the 8 endings??? he couldnt of got them in a day. he has hacker written all over him. he has probably been banned by now.. well i hope.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:23 AM   #55
luke391

Send a message via AIM to luke391 Send a message via Skype™ to luke391

Admiral Vic's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneilfrost View Post
what a loser...... of course he cheated. this game is longer then 10 hours plus he would have to gold all the levels on hard which would take more then 1 day........ plus some of the other achievements will take longer to get...... lol and the 8 endings??? he couldnt of got them in a day. he has hacker written all over him. he has probably been banned by now.. well i hope.
You can get all 8 endings in under 20 hours easy.

Beat the game getting all gold and completely 1 side
Play another cycle skipping everything and select the other side
Play a final cycle skipping everything and alternate

The first 2 can be cycled though making 4 then 3 then the last one to make 8.
luke391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:23 AM   #56
InvidiaViribus

InvidiaViribus's Gamercard
I really do hope Scrubass is banned from TA because I have a feeling it will have a ridiculously high TA score and will be screwed over statistically because of him. What is sad is he is bragging, aggressively defending his legitimacy, making half-assed solutions to only the easiest achievements, and reaping the attention he thinks he is getting from beating a hard game. I am getting screwed in Deathsmiles and possibly this now. I hate how I care about numbers so much.
InvidiaViribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:00 AM   #57
UnknownHero

SSUMBODY's Gamercard
Quote:
Hmmm... Okay. When Pairs has fewer floors, how many are we talking? I am trying to determine whether or not getting a friend to play is worth the effort if there is only like 10 fewer floors.
I think like 40 floors less or more, not sure though didn't keep track.

About pairs: It has less floors but you still have to think stuff through for example you cant do solo tactics such as creating a upper level floor by sacrificing a stepping point, need to watch out for cracked blocks and other stuff. Also communicating with your partner is important to finish the stage and I guess your partner skills matter to.

Either way single or pair you will have some difficulties, luckily for me I have some siblings and friends who like playing this game and is pretty decent at it.Well anyways good luck.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:32 AM   #58
gongon2

skywalkerzero's Gamercard
I wonder if i am able to finished up the 1000. But it does sounds challenging!
gongon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:31 AM   #59
Echilion

Quote:
I just got the first Babel stage via pairs. I kept dying in the 100s, so I tried pairs by myself and got to step 103 before screwing up (taking too long). Then tried it with my brother and beat it first try (he not even knowing how to really play). and achievement counted!
Echilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:07 PM   #60
Finaldark

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke391 View Post
Lost Planet 2 =P
lol, we have a winner

I'd say this game isn't a hard 1k now, but does take some skills to do it. Combination of Youtube + Babel pairs make it alot easier then it could have been.