Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-08-2011, 10:21 PM   #61
luke391

Send a message via AIM to luke391 Send a message via Skype™ to luke391

Admiral Vic's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finaldark View Post
lol, we have a winner
Got to say LOVE IT. I should know LP 2 is hellish x.x I actually did it... (same with Catherine) Good times...
luke391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:39 PM   #62
FeLizP
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to FeLizP Send a message via Yahoo to FeLizP Send a message via Skype™ to FeLizP

FeLizP's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finaldark View Post
lol, we have a winner

I'd say this game isn't a hard 1k now, but does take some skills to do it. Combination of Youtube + Babel pairs make it alot easier then it could have been.
Luke and I were having a major discussion about this and whether or not Catherine still deserves it's 10/10 rating despite the cheap loop holes one could take to complete the game.(i.e Youtube videos, Pairs, etc.) Seriously, if anyone here tried to say that didn't use a Youtube video for help with gold prizing some of the Hard puzzles then there's a good chance that they're lying. I'm sure there are some that havent, I got practice with the Japanese version on PS3 before it came to 360 so I'm sure I'm not the only one who did this.

In the end we still considered it a 10/10 but only because of the fact that without the guides it would clearly be a 10 and even with videos such as the walkthrough for the Hard stages, some of them are very dynamic like the Boss Stages and take multiple attempts to pull off. This is where persistence becomes key which adds to the difficulty factor. Any game that requires lots of this deserves to have an 8/10 no matter what.

Plus we have to separate the skilled from the inept. Kind of like when you play Super Street Fighter IV and it requires you to do the combo trials to get the full 1000. To an experienced vet in Street Fighter that would make the 1000 a 7/10 but to a newbie, 10/10 because of the learning curve there. Not everyone who played Catherine is a natural puzzle gamer but even for those who are, this game is on it's own level with puzzles, something that hasn't been done before with the box and edge mechanic. This makes all of us newbies to this genre of game. Therefore it will still take time to adjust to the game and its style of puzzle before even thinking about pulling some of the puzzles off. Babel would have been near impossible if it weren't for Pairs but hey, maybe some of us learn faster than others.

In the end it's an 8/10 for persistent gamers who have played(or not played) puzzles before but are adamant and adamant enough to develop the skills(learning climbing techniques on you toes) to become good enough to pull off the 1000, mostly for getting The Golden Child and Babel achievements. But a 10/10 for the typical casual gamer. You guys should be happy about this decision it makes the 1000 more glorious! Yet, lets not get carried away, Golden Child and Babel still take some work to pull off despite the loop holes but it's up to the players themselves to work hard enough to attain them.

Last edited by FeLizP; 08-19-2011 at 01:26 PM.
FeLizP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:33 PM   #63
immaeatyou

immaeatyou's Gamercard
It doesn't seem that way so far but keep playing its a great game.
immaeatyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:10 PM   #64
godofwar7

Omnipotent H's Gamercard
I didn't use any youtube videos to gold prize any of the hard mode stages~
I'm not lying .___.
After dying so much in Normal mode, you get used to constantly repeating them and eventually figuring out the way.
It never reached the point of frustratingly difficult.

On the other hand the Rapunzel minigame is quite impossible without XCVii 007's videos. I gave up and looked up his videos by stage 41.

In my opinion Altar, the first stage in Babel Mode, is much harder than any stage in Hard Mode. It's a culmination of all the techniques you've learned.
(P.S. i did look up videos for Obelisk and Axis Mundi, which was pointless since pairs mode made it that much easier and Axis Mundi's Single mode is broken in U.S. version)
godofwar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:26 AM   #65
nia333

StormyC93's Gamercard
I do have to say I will never get the full set. This game is brutally hard. I can't see replaying it even though the story is really interesting. This game was great until the actual game play came in.
nia333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:57 AM   #66
CrimsonBohemian

CrimsonBohemian's Gamercard
Yeah this game is cake....that is if you like cake filled with rat poison and lava! Seriously hardest game ever...
Old 09-02-2013, 05:39 AM   #67
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Just played the demo and everybody's saying it's hard....
-_-
Well, looks like i'm playing for enjoyment

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:20 AM   #68
MorbidEclipse24

MorbidEclipse24's Gamercard
It's a great game. I really enjoyed the challenge.. Especially in the Babel, the final stage i'll say. It's an awesome feeling once you complete it! I played the demo before buying and wasn't sure after reading everyones comments too.. but i'm definitely satisfied. enjoy it!