PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Juarez: The Cartel
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-22-2011, 06:37 PM   #31
CrustyDirtDemon

CrustyDirtDemon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpg30 View Post
i love games with chapter select, this way i can just enjoy the game and then go back and do a chapter for each achievement i need.

Just remember nearly all cheevos can be gained by replaying chapters latter. However this is not the case with the Level 21 Achievement. So take note of that in the guide...
Old 07-23-2011, 04:26 AM   #32
Saracin

Send a message via AIM to Saracin Send a message via MSN to Saracin Send a message via Yahoo to Saracin

saracin's Gamercard
Not sure if its been posted but you can get kills for 'Rio Bravo' even when you melee kill someone while holding a revolver.

Saracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:43 AM   #33
dontgoeasyonme

Dontgoeasyonme's Gamercard
Great guide buddy! I love it when people put them in the correct order as they appear

10-15 hours too 1000G though!?! I think that is both misleading and ambitious, I took me 8-10 hours just to do Bens story lol. I would like to think I know my way around a FPS (as my Achievements show) and didn't find it hard going, just loading screens and cut scenes and at times not having a clue where I was going lol.

Only reason I raise this point it because when you see a great guide and it gives you a time frame you plan your gaming session into that window and would be disappointed if after 15 hours you only had 715G with 2 playthrough to go especially if people think they can rent it and beat it in a day, No chance!

How long did it honestly take you to beat? Maybe you should do a pole but I think it's defo a 25+hrs too 1000G

Last edited by dontgoeasyonme; 07-23-2011 at 07:46 AM.
dontgoeasyonme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:50 AM   #34
XxBlueSpade2xX

exoroughneck's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
This is a really stupid question . But, for 'High Noon' how do I turn off my connection in the dashboard? I have a slim with wireless internet. Any help would be very appreciated.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:16 AM   #35
dontgoeasyonme

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxBlueSpade2xX View Post
This is a really stupid question . But, for 'High Noon' how do I turn off my connection in the dashboard? I have a slim with wireless internet. Any help would be very appreciated.
Turn your router off, or just wait lol
Old 07-23-2011, 08:58 AM   #36
XxBlueSpade2xX

exoroughneck's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontgoeasyonme View Post
Turn your router off, or just wait lol
F' that, I'm never on at noon. I can now turn the router off. The girl next door to me was using my internet. Gracias for the tip.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:42 AM   #37
dontgoeasyonme

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxBlueSpade2xX View Post
F' that, I'm never on at noon. I can now turn the router off. The girl next door to me was using my internet. Gracias for the tip.
Lol I just got a picture of you being Sheldon from 'The big bang theory' Lmfao
Old 07-23-2011, 04:19 PM   #38
CrustyDirtDemon

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontgoeasyonme View Post
Great guide buddy! I love it when people put them in the correct order as they appear

10-15 hours too 1000G though!?! I think that is both misleading and ambitious, I took me 8-10 hours just to do Bens story lol. I would like to think I know my way around a FPS (as my Achievements show) and didn't find it hard going, just loading screens and cut scenes and at times not having a clue where I was going lol.

Only reason I raise this point it because when you see a great guide and it gives you a time frame you plan your gaming session into that window and would be disappointed if after 15 hours you only had 715G with 2 playthrough to go especially if people think they can rent it and beat it in a day, No chance!

How long did it honestly take you to beat? Maybe you should do a pole but I think it's defo a 25+hrs too 1000G
Origianlly I had the time frame set to 15-20 hours. It took me round 18 hours. However i was one of the first playing, and still figuring stuff out cheevo wise. All my playthroughs were short. My first being the longest around 7 hours. However my single player campaign hard run only took me 5 hours, and my final easy run took me only around 4. So Io still believe that 10-15 is appropriate.I have multiple friends wo have 1kd this game in only two sittings. So its possible....

With the invincible glich it should take evenless time. The glitch didnt even become known until I hd the 1K. So with that said I could have done it even quicker!!!
Old 07-23-2011, 04:32 PM   #39
superkid1995

xI iMaTTy Ix's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Here's a video I made for the invincibility glitch, you can add it to the guide if you wish.

100k Gamerscore: September 2010

superkid1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:15 PM   #40
Saracin

Send a message via AIM to Saracin Send a message via MSN to Saracin Send a message via Yahoo to Saracin

saracin's Gamercard
Just got Bullet Dodger, and one thing I think can hinder getting this is possibly the rockets the helicopter blasts the highway with, so hug the left side of the highway. I also hang back and let the counter start and then race up to get it to reset and then brake/reverse. Usually if he was about to fire when I caught up, it'll cause him to miss and I have another 15 to 20 seconds to hang back before catching up again.

Saracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:31 PM   #41
CrustyDirtDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saracin View Post
Just got Bullet Dodger, and one thing I think can hinder getting this is possibly the rockets the helicopter blasts the highway with, so hug the left side of the highway. I also hang back and let the counter start and then race up to get it to reset and then brake/reverse. Usually if he was about to fire when I caught up, it'll cause him to miss and I have another 15 to 20 seconds to hang back before catching up again.
It's hard to say if what the helicopter shoots at your does count. However in the fact it does, I've updated the guide.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:11 AM   #42
kpyxaba

Kpyxaba BR 357's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Muito bom amigo, isso será muito util, vlw!
kpyxaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:59 AM   #43
SneakyofSneaks

Sneakyofsneaks's Gamercard
Cheers, excellent guide.
SneakyofSneaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:22 PM   #44
BullZeye

AR BullZeye's Gamercard
Great guide bit I'm missing an explanation as to why 3 playthroughs are required, I couldn't find one anywhere in your guide.I can get 2 if it's one on easy with no civilian casualties and then one on hard but why 3?
Old 07-26-2011, 01:30 PM   #45
Felix NL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullZeye View Post
Great guide bit I'm missing an explanation as to why 3 playthroughs are required, I couldn't find one anywhere in your guide.I can get 2 if it's one on easy with no civilian casualties and then one on hard but why 3?
you've got to play it once with each character. As there are 3 characters, three playthroughs are needed.
Felix NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:52 PM   #46
BullZeye

AR BullZeye's Gamercard
ok sorry, I must've overlooked that achievement, that makes it clearer.Still I think that should be mentioned in the road map so you can see that right away without looking through all the achievements.

EDIT : Yep, there they are, 4 achievements related to completing the game with all available characters, I didn't see those at first cause they're(correctly) listed as story progression achievements and I wanted to avoid possible spoilers.

Last edited by BullZeye; 07-26-2011 at 01:55 PM.
BullZeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:23 PM   #47
CrustyDirtDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullZeye View Post
ok sorry, I must've overlooked that achievement, that makes it clearer.Still I think that should be mentioned in the road map so you can see that right away without looking through all the achievements.

EDIT : Yep, there they are, 4 achievements related to completing the game with all available characters, I didn't see those at first cause they're(correctly) listed as story progression achievements and I wanted to avoid possible spoilers.
LOL, glad you noted that...Thnx
Old 07-27-2011, 05:20 PM   #48
Wildmn34

Wildmn34's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Hey Crusty.

First nice guide. Much appreciated.

Second, one minor small correction. You have the "High Noon" achievement being worth 10 gs, when it's actually a 20 gs one. Just wanted to give you a heads up.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:45 AM   #49
CrustyDirtDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildmn34 View Post
Hey Crusty.

First nice guide. Much appreciated.

Second, one minor small correction. You have the "High Noon" achievement being worth 10 gs, when it's actually a 20 gs one. Just wanted to give you a heads up.
Thank you very much for spotting that. Sometimes it takes a fresh set of eyes to notice a mistake, that ha gone overlooked. Much appreciated!!!
Old 07-28-2011, 09:04 AM   #50
Felix NL

Video for bulletdodger achievement, it is not my video by the way. Found it handy for myself as to see at what point it should unlock or not (causing a retry).
Felix NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:41 PM   #51
AaronH

Azzaa Eu's Gamercard
Thanks good job on the guide!

AaronH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:49 PM   #52
MICKY D 69rs

MICKY D 69rs's Gamercard
Great guide, thanks. Makes my gaming a little easyier.
MICKY D 69rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:54 PM   #53
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard
not sure if it's been posted anywhere but on the invincibility glitch where it's stated that u can still die on the driving parts and also from rockets, u may want to add that u can also die from the team cover parts (where u have to go to the specific points of cover to flank enemies) i died a few times from it, after u pass this part u carry on and u don't have to restart the glitch either.
jpg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 05:03 PM   #54
Cheevers

Very handy guide, thanks CrustyDirtDemon!
Cheevers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 05:02 PM   #55
CrustyDirtDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheevers View Post
Very handy guide, thanks CrustyDirtDemon!
Glad 2 HELP!!! Thats what the guides here for!!!!
Old 08-03-2011, 04:33 AM   #56
Game 2 Gamer

Game 2 Gamer's Gamercard
thanks for the guide, helped on a few parts
Game 2 Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:18 AM   #57
Krazie

Send a message via AIM to Krazie

Krazie x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   5,000 Posts   Gamerscore League Season 4 Winner   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Word of Mouth   Poker Tournament 2nd Place   Football Manager 2006 Tournament Runner-Up   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Great guide as usual, Crusty. A far prolonged sticky
Krazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:17 PM   #58
Brady816

nextbrady816's Gamercard
Nice work on the guide!!!!!
Old 08-10-2011, 04:19 AM   #59
CrustyDirtDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie View Post
Great guide as usual, Crusty. A far prolonged sticky

Thank You, means alot comming from ya. Much respect. Thnx, and glad you enjoyed and sticky'd.

...and the best has yet to come!!!

Last edited by CrustyDirtDemon; 08-11-2011 at 12:38 AM.
CrustyDirtDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:50 PM   #60
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
I wish that PS3T collectible guide would have been better. Not that I don't appreciate the work, but I wasted at least 30 minutes so far with the guide just on the first level alone. Talked about destroying 2 tents then going uphill to a lift. Sure, so I destroy two tents and go hunting for this lift. I then see myself going downhill to a street and they want me to get in the car. Finally I figured the guide had been wrong, so I moved on, drove, walked through a river. Then I destroyed ANOTHER two tents, which finally led me near the collectible. At the house, you have two bomb options. The first I didn't see so I went to the one by the house, thinking the "base of the house" was correct and there is even a crate there. Finally figured it out after walking around.

Could just be me, but the descriptions could have been a bit more descriptive.
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote