Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Fallout 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-04-2014, 02:07 PM   #1
pablouk85

PabloUK85's Gamercard
How Do You Play Fallout?

I'm currently playing through the Game of the Year edition of Fallout 3 to do the DLC, and was playing last night as I scavenged everywhere I could to find repairable weapons, magazines, ammo, etc.......when I began to wonder how everyone else played Fallout 3.

I know you can fly through most of the main story mode as I had to in order to over-ride a well known glitch in the game, but I'm interested to know how many people just play the game normally and how many search EVERYWHERE for items. The Wastelands is a considerable area and searching can take hours, but it is so worth it, particularly uncovering the stories and truths within every location.

So......how do you play yours?
pablouk85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:43 PM   #2
jgomes32

jgomes32's Gamercard
I play the same way as every other game, trying to do everything possible before going to the main path.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:30 AM   #3
dvdubb

DVDUBB's Gamercard
i did everything possible of quests and main + all dlc....got all cheevoz but missed 4 (alignment ones)....i like exploring and doing everything .... this game was def worth the time i spend on it
dvdubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:43 AM   #4
Rose Knight789

Rose Knight789's Gamercard
I would have to say the first time I played it I mainly just went through the game doing everything but the main quest until later. 100% the game earlier this year when i went back to do the zeta achievement for collecting all the logs. That dlc really sucked because it came out of nowhere when there shouldn't have been any more dlc and there was no guides and I had no idea it was missable.

Rose Knight789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:18 AM   #5
Rymt

Omisake's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I've barely played this game. I only got to the part where you get out of the ground and then go that city. Talked to a guy in a bar and that was it. Haven't had time to play it again. Too busy with school and other crap.

Thanks to Cpt Slaughter for the amazing sig!
Rymt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:42 AM   #6
s4ms0n

I'm usually very thorough near the beginning of these games but become more lazy later on. This game is nice though since it doesn't take long to beat the main storyline!
s4ms0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:47 AM   #7
Divvot

Send a message via Skype™ to Divvot

Divvot's Gamercard
I start by following the main story for a while, until I've got enough gear and equipment to tackle a lot of the side missions and explore without having to worry about all the nasty things out there trying to kill me. Also like getting all the collectables as early on as possible.
Divvot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:01 AM   #8
Heroic Bloodshed

I've played FO3 and NV so many times but I usually end up playing all side quests first then main quest then the DLC...except NV where you obviously can't play the main quests first. One of the things I liked about FO3 is that you can continue the game even after you've completed everything.
Heroic Bloodshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:13 PM   #9
x MOOSE 187 x

Send a message via ICQ to x MOOSE 187 x Send a message via AIM to x MOOSE 187 x Send a message via Yahoo to x MOOSE 187 x Send a message via Skype™ to x MOOSE 187 x

x MOOSE 187 x's Gamercard
I explore everywhere, I love analyzing a small settlement trough my binoculars, seeing the best place for cover, how many there are, what weapons they're carrying etc. And then murdering them for the greater good and for some peace and quiet while hunting for Star Caps.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:22 PM   #10
Aceman417

Aceman417's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Impossible Trinity - Silver   Submit - Bronze   Subscriber - Gold   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I aim to complete the main quest and DLC at my own pace doing what I want basically. I then aim for all the miscellaneous achievements. I forgot tO check the guide for missable achievements so am currently in the middle of a speed run to get all the bobbleheads.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:37 AM   #11
Chaz Of Sparta

Chaz Of Sparta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I just go at my own pace, doing the main quest (and look for bobbleheads) but also balancing it out by doing a load of side quests and exploring as well. After I finish the story, I go back and complete any quests that I missed and scavenge for the best armour and weapons, as well as completing the DLC.
Chaz Of Sparta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:09 PM   #12
shadowmarrba

shadowmarrba's Gamercard
attempted to get every unique item in the game, using the guide. after specific NPC's missions, they do not show up where they should be found, so some items i could not obtain
shadowmarrba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 02:02 AM   #13
Tryston Senpai

Tryston Senpai's Gamercard
I play as a neutral wanderer that will do go but still bad mouth people. kill bandits and save captives but make them defend themselves. That kind of person.

When I get to good karma I do bad things and when I get bad karma I will do good thing to get neutral karma.

Im also that person that will complete the game in one go, like getting the achievements in one playthrough, and then play through the game again but know everything from pas experiences with the games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroic Bloodshed View Post
I've played FO3 and NV so many times but I usually end up playing all side quests first then main quest then the DLC...except NV where you obviously can't play the main quests first. One of the things I liked about FO3 is that you can continue the game even after you've completed everything.
You do the "get the sidequest and level up before doing the main stuff" strategy. I do that when I have no idea how or what to do in the game.

Last edited by DEG23; 12-01-2014 at 02:28 AM. Reason: quad post
Tryston Senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 09:19 PM   #14
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Everything. I explore every area, even after i got every achievement in both Fallout games. I usually do side quests and then story, in every game.
Old 02-06-2015, 07:05 PM   #15
dvdubb

DVDUBB's Gamercard
I did every little thing on main story and DLC...although I messed up and didn't get the full 100% (missed 4 achievements related to your alignment)....finished the game years ago but never bothered going back and redo it (as I also didn't keep any of the save games either..).
dvdubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 05:17 PM   #16
BBL2R

BBLZR's Gamercard
Well, I finish the game at least twice and everytime I play it, I just read the falloutwikia for details in order not to miss out any especially unique items and glitch/bugs to avoid.