PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Fallout 3
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Do you consider Fallout 3 one of the best games for current consoles?
Fallout 3 is still today the best game I have ever played on a 7th generation console 100 55.25%
Fallout 3 is one of the best games along with GTA iv and metal gear solid 4 43 23.76%
Fallout 3 was good, but it's a huge stretch to consider it one of the best games ever. 30 16.57%
Played Fallout 3 and I did not like it either because I sucked at it or I thought it was terrible 2 1.10%
I have never played Fallout 3. 6 3.31%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-17-2011, 01:19 PM   #31
cHRiSCOe

Chriscoe's Gamercard
What the hell kinda poll is this?

GTA sucks
Medal gear solid ps3
cHRiSCOe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:51 PM   #32
rye007

burgerboyrye's Gamercard
this game is still one of the best I have ever played....so much to do and u can do things your own way...

beats new vegas any day, cant wait for the next game....
rye007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:59 PM   #33
TheTruch

thetruch's Gamercard
I finished it a fews days ago... and definitly a veryyyyyy good game!!!
...huge.....
It'll definitly stay in my 360 top ten games!
TheTruch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:06 AM   #34
SicklyPlague
Not that kind of plague

SicklyPlague's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
One of the best games i have ever played.
SicklyPlague is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:27 AM   #35
xoxRoystNxox

xoxRoystNxox's Gamercard
Thumbs up hell ya

lets just say hell ya i'm got 446hrs on my good save and 326hrs on my bad save and still got LOADS more to do finished 1st 1000 finished guns and last bit of pit to do and got other dlcs to do and i think i have the cleanest fallout3 pick up everything i could its all in my house at megaton (good) tenpenny towers (bad) so ya best game ever i think
xoxRoystNxox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:41 PM   #36
PC_GFWL_GAMER

PWXBOX360's Gamercard
Bethesda need to get all the key staff from Fallout3+DLC's & ensure they are currently creating a Fallout4 which is comparable to Fallout3 using the new Skyrim engine. If they are dumb Bethesda will use the much cheaper option of going with Obsidian which would be an instant no sale from me.....ever even at budget price!!

FNV was just about a passable Fallout3 DLC but most certainly not a full price Fallout game!! What were Bethesda thinking (apart from making $$$$ for nothing FNV was only developed between Dec 2009-Sept 2010 & it shows badly.....).
PC_GFWL_GAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:05 AM   #37
ChaosTheory2

Chaos Theory2's Gamercard
Fallout 3 was my first foray into the world of Fallout, and it's still my favorite game. I logged about 300-320 hours into it, and I wish I could go back and have that feeling I had when I played it the first time for real. It was just a great feeling.

Old 10-02-2011, 07:00 AM   #38
GrimSovereignty

Send a message via Skype™ to GrimSovereignty

GrimSovereignty's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I may have voted that its the best but it does have competition..in the name of Oblivion and Mass Effect 1/2...but once Skyrim comes out, it will no longer be the best lol
Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision? - Huey Freeman

GrimSovereignty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:46 AM   #39
flyestsquire

Flyest squire's Gamercard
In my opinion after three hours or so play I became bored of this game. Quite boring, I prefer fable or even morrowwind to this game.

Before you start hating I am playing ninja gaiden 2, a real game!
flyestsquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 02:31 PM   #40
ChaosTheory2

Chaos Theory2's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyestsquire View Post
In my opinion after three hours or so play I became bored of this game. Quite boring, I prefer fable or even morrowwind to this game.

Before you start hating I am playing ninja gaiden 2, a real game!
If you are a linear type of player, such as somebody who thinks the Call of Duty series is amazing, then you probably won't like the Fallouts.

Extremely in-depth games aren't for everyone, and I also love the Fables.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:30 PM   #41
Thoughtsky

Bonnistyle's Gamercard
Definitely! I still totally love to throw this into my xbox! To be honest I'm not finished with all dlcs and achievements but this is one of the games with the most replayability!
Thoughtsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:14 PM   #42
TacticalTodger
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to TacticalTodger Send a message via Skype™ to TacticalTodger

SAUSAGE R0LLS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I'm trying to get into it, but compared to Oblivion (which imo is the best game for xbox360) I try to give F3 a chance but I can't due to well if you make a mistake it fucks up the whole game, and that means I have to be careful and that I can't be the careless bastard I was in other games.
TacticalTodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:10 PM   #43
flyestsquire

Flyest squire's Gamercard
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory2 View Post
If you are a linear type of player, such as somebody who thinks the Call of Duty series is amazing, then you probably won't like the Fallouts.

Extremely in-depth games aren't for everyone, and I also love the Fables.
I am not a linear type of player, yes I do like my Call of Duty Series but hey I still have my original halo, fable and morrowind games, oh and robotron 2084 -need a lot of patience for that game!

I still have my fallout 3 games and maybe I will give it another three hours play to get into it. At the moment it is at the bottom of my game pile behind the likes of stormrise and viva piņata (that came free with my Xbox)

My favourite RPG game so far is fable as it was extremely easy to get into.

I am also having a crack at assassin’s creed; it also took a few hours to get into.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:17 AM   #44
x LeXXuz x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel 360 View Post
GTA IV and MGS??

Fallout is one of the best, but I canīt vote since you made that compare. Reaaally different games.
/signed

GTA4 was a great game too, but total different genre and hardly to compare. MGS? Not my cup of tea.

x LeXXuz x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:01 PM   #45
Lord of Rage

Lord of Rage's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel 360 View Post
GTA IV and MGS??

Fallout is one of the best, but I canīt vote since you made that compare. Reaaally different games.
Same here. I haven't voted, but this game and Oblivion are the best games in this gen. Period.

Lord of Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:16 PM   #46
Dawn Zombie

Dawn Zombie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Fallout 3 has so many memories just like the first time I played Chrono Trigger for the SNES. Just classic. Metal Gear Solid 4 is one of the best video games I've ever played EVER. It's so unfair to compare those two. And of course, GTA IV kinda sucked, I expected more.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:26 AM   #47
vHailToTheKingv

vHailToTheKingv's Gamercard
As of right now Fallout 3 is number 2 in my book!!!
vHailToTheKingv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:18 PM   #48
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I tried playing it and FONV and I just couldn't get into either of them.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:42 PM   #49
Madame Kennedy

makeSHIFTxNine's Gamercard
Ohhhh the nostalgia. I had never even heard of Fallout before a close friend of my recommended 3 to me. The closest I had gotten to an RPG beforehand was probably Final Fantasy, particularly XII which was a lot more open than previous ones. I was really iffy about, but in the end decided 'why not' and picked it up at Gamestop a few months after its release. I was hooked from Day 1. :] Especially with Liam Neeson (per usual) playing the daddy figure.

Just like anyone else it took over my life entirely, and I completely conquered it, achievements and all. Anyone else that played, I could tell them where anything and everything was, cause I practically had it memorized. XD These days though probably not cause I haven't played it in over a year. Been thinking about replaying though for memory's sake.

I still remember when I first started playing and I absolutely DREADED running into a Deathclaw. I was terrified of them and when I finally explored areas where they roamed it was a moment of sheer terror, in an enjoyable way. I commend Bethesda for creating a such a fear-inducing creature.

I can't wait to see what they have planned for FO4, and I couldn't be happier that the series is back in their hands after Obsidian's mess (ie - New Vegas).
Old 06-16-2012, 03:44 AM   #50
xxDAMRONxx

xxDAMRONxx's Gamercard
While this poll has the BIAS of people submitting to it who are playing it (which is why they are in this thread), I can understand the percentage leading towards...yes best game ever

HOWEVER, this game is DEFINITELY NOT one of the BEST GAMES EVER...I love this game, but I can easily rattle of 50 games on top of it (in the sense of creating a franchise, or simply better)

Final Fantasy VII, Call of Duty Classic, Super Mario Bros, 2, 3, 64, Final Fantasy IV, Halo 1,3, Track and Field, Contra, Galaga, Pac Mac, Mrs. Pac Man, Metal Gear Solid, Twisted Metal 2, FIFA, Madden, Lost Odyssey, Metroid, Metroid Prime, Punch-Out, Zelda I, II, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Dunk Hunt, Age of Empires II, Starcraft, Warcraft Orcs vs. Humans, Warcraft II, Tetris, Donkey Kong Country, The Secret of Monkey Island, Mortal Kombat 3, Gran Turismo 2, Half Life 2, Chrono Cross, Sonic 1, 2, 3, Prince of Persia, Counter-Strike, Tetris, Doom II, Duke Nukem, Sim City 2000, Mario Kart 64, Diablo, Mega-Man, World of Warcraft, Portal, Resident Evil 2, Grand Theft Auto III, Streets of Rage, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade, Area 51 Arcade, Street Fighter II, Chrono Trigger, Grand Theft Auto IV..BLAH BLAH ...

I feel I could go on and on here with classics and equals...

I'm sorry, don't get me wrong I LOVE FALLOUT 3, but to consider it one of the greatest of all time is a slap in the face to many of the better games and games that made the industry what it is today. Fallout 3 is SIMPLY Morrowind with a better story, better graphics, better leveling up system, and a more appealing environment...it is nothing that hasnt been done before

BEFORE PEOPLE DESTROY MY POST:

I misread the voting as it says best of 7th generation consoles, and I must agree that it is in my top 10 for xbox 360 and ps3 games.

However, I leave my original post just for purpose...do not get blinded by todays games to forget where they come from

Last edited by xxDAMRONxx; 06-16-2012 at 03:48 AM.
xxDAMRONxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:36 AM   #51
CHIRUNO99

chiruno99's Gamercard

There is a lot about Fallout 3 that I can enjoy. The vast exploration, wide variety of weapons, hundreds of quests, karma biting you in the backside and even additional DLC can make the game fun, but my only quirks are simply immersion. I can get bored and sick of the game really quickly from simply wandering aimlessly and getting clean head shots on enemies, watching them survive it and laugh it off. Even with a close range shotgun, the difficulty just isn't balanced on the hardest mode since my armour feels like a layer of tissue and they can feel like a tank even in rags.

If there was just some way to change it so that headshots instakill regardless of difficulty or weapon, also taking into account current headgear, it would be a more fun game.

Damn I'm so depressed.
CHIRUNO99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:47 AM   #52
Warstorm Lord

Easily one of the best games I've ever played. The freedom, the Fallout universe, the atmosphere, the quests and and ... . It's just genius, what Bethesda created here and I've spent lots of hours and will spend even more.

However, your poll is kinda not well chosen.
Warstorm Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #53
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
[x] Fallout 3 is still today the best game I have ever played on a 7th generation console.

I will go for the last DLC the next few days "Mothership Zeta" is still missing on my list.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:02 PM   #54
Der Fuhrer

Panzer x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
The poll is stupid because I don't agree with GTA IV or MGS 4, but yes Fallout is still in my top 3 xbox 360 games and top 10 all-time games (at least that I have played).
Der Fuhrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:00 PM   #55
I H8ME I Santos

x l Santos's Gamercard
Still an amazing game. I just picked up the GOTY because I wanted to play the story all over again and finally get around to playing the DLC.
Now Playing: Ryse: Son of Rome

Xbox One 100% completion
I H8ME I Santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:11 PM   #56
DJConnelly

Send a message via MSN to DJConnelly Send a message via Skype™ to DJConnelly

DJConnelly's Gamercard

Definetly one of the best games I have ever played. The first time I played it, I wasn't a fan for some reason. But I went back to it after about a month and couldn't put it down. The amount of content in it is great and the DLC is terrific too. Really well supported,. Much better than New Vegas I think. It doesn't help they haven't really changed the graphics. Some of those face models give me nightmares.

DJConnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:45 PM   #57
Kunduz

Herr Karamell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Yes, it's one of the better games. I wouldn't consider it to be the very best, although it's up there with the tier games of this generation, at least according to me.

And am I the only one whom despises GTA IV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
In that case, people will have to download more RAM for it. Consoles have come a long way since they first appeared, so this is very possible.
Kunduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:14 AM   #58
Wer Bn

Wer Bn's Gamercard
Fallout 3 is an example: not GREAT graphics or game mechanics, but amazing in it's own way.
And the options to the pole... are ridiculous.

Why not "One of the best in this generation"?
Wer Bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:11 PM   #59
Scrapmetal99

Scrapmetal99's Gamercard
Its great im enjoying it. I wouldn't consider it the best game, but definitely one of the best!

Scrapmetal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:18 PM   #60
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
It's funny how the responses to the poll seem to have a hidden agenda...

As good as GTA IV and Metal Gear Solid? Uh-huh, right.

I'd say it's more in the same league as Red Dead Redemption or Borderlands, really...

But even then that's subjective...
Jack Frost is offline   Reply With Quote