PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Fallout 3
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Do you consider Fallout 3 one of the best games for current consoles?
Fallout 3 is still today the best game I have ever played on a 7th generation console 100 55.25%
Fallout 3 is one of the best games along with GTA iv and metal gear solid 4 43 23.76%
Fallout 3 was good, but it's a huge stretch to consider it one of the best games ever. 30 16.57%
Played Fallout 3 and I did not like it either because I sucked at it or I thought it was terrible 2 1.10%
I have never played Fallout 3. 6 3.31%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2012, 11:52 PM   #61
KillerBEA

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA 91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Fallout 3 is great game don't get me wrong. I enjoyed the hell out of it. Definitely not one of the best this console generation has to offer though.
KillerBEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:42 PM   #62
xxthegodofwarx

Send a message via AIM to xxthegodofwarx

brian pumpher's Gamercard
its not the best game ever but its a great game and i like it better then new vegas.

xxthegodofwarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:01 PM   #63
Neme6ben

neme6ben's Gamercard
great game for sure, I admit though that the 1st time I played Fallout 3, I didn't like it, started playing other games, then one year later decided to give in a second shot and I was hooked, I had tp get deeper in the story to really like this game, once you are out of the vault and figure out what to do, finding those quests etc... it's an amazing game

But imo, Skyrim is better now! I would even dare to say Dead space is better or at least equal (the 1st Dead space, not the second)
Neme6ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #64
AubreytheConquerer

I prefered some parts of New Vegas. some of Fallout 3. I love both. some of the best this console has/.
AubreytheConquerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:04 PM   #65
Blackest Metal

Darth Stinkius's Gamercard
Easily one of the best, I was tempted to buy it again to get the 1 cheev that I missed but I really dont have the time to play it

Blackest Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:26 PM   #66
LockonStratos

Grimmjow K19's Gamercard
Definitely one of the best this generation. When I first played it took a while to get into but I'm glad I returned to the game and finally got into it.
LockonStratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:47 PM   #67
Nathancreed

iiAmCreed's Gamercard
Still my favorite game of all time.
Nathancreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:49 PM   #68
THC BLUNTED

THC BLUNTED's Gamercard
It is definitely one of the best games I have ever played. It has some issues like limited armor, capped skills, and it's fair share of glitches but it is still one of the greatest games ever. If it had a loot system like diablo 2 and a quest system like skyrim it would be the best game ever.
THC BLUNTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:49 PM   #69
guillermo316

Fantasychampion's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
If i could get all the achievements again, i would.

ScOoP!

guillermo316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:21 AM   #70
ReinierM

MSXNA's Gamercard
Like it more than Vegas...
ReinierM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:01 PM   #71
combustible lemon

unsnaggedfive3's Gamercard
I really don't think it's the best anymore. I had a fantastic time with it but it has a lot of flaws.

-There are very few unique feeling locations. Most are just copy and paste warehouses, subway systems etc. It's unfair that NV gets so much flak for the supposed lack of exploration but the 4 DLC's more than made up for this whilst the main game felt more like a proper wasteland where most locations are abandoned and stripped of most valuable loot rather than being merely dungeons full of loot and every location isn't overflowing with enemies. The Capital Wastes feel like a theme park of dungeons whilst the Mojave feels like a proper wasteland.

-The writing is pretty bad. The main quest is a blatant mash up of the plots of 1 and 2, complete with factions with no reason to be on the east coast and you are forced to help the BoS. There are many inconsistencies with the lore and an abundance of plot holes and the story ends when a big robot magically gets fixed up and kills the Enclave. The writing often feels melodramatic and wooden and at it's worst can be insultingly simple e.g "[intelligence] Ah, so you fight the good fight with your voice" (the player speaking to Three Dog).

-The RPG mechanics are very watered down (SPECIAL is very inconsequential, it doesn't define your character like in the other fallout games, it just makes you a little bit better at some things than others) and take a back seat to the the shooting most of the time except when it comes to the perks and leveling system where the copious skill points and perk-a-level mean you end up as an unbalanced demigod with most stats at 100 when you hit the level cap. To make matters worse, many perks are rather poor "x skill points to skill y" perks which are rather pointless which means there is a rather small list of decent perks to take. The end result of all this is that when my character and your character hit the lvl cap, how unique will they both be? Not very.

These are my main problems with the game now. I still loved playing the game but I think it's nowadays held in unreasonably high regard at times and the old rose-tinted glasses hide the games flaws.
combustible lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:42 PM   #72
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Fell in love with it first go around and many times after it I hate RPGS yet love Fallout Ironic yes. New Vegas wasn't as good as 3 I think. It felt like a giant DLC to Fallout 3. That and New Vegas's area was so poor Nevada is basicly a desert who wants to explore a post apocalyptic desert Not me. New Vegas should have been called New California and it set it New California that would have been better Def one of my favorite games of all time.

Thanks goes to Captain Slaughter for the signature.

Last edited by Deadsea 18; 11-23-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:57 AM   #73
ReaptheChaos

ReaptheChaos's Gamercard
Talk about some screwed up poll answers. So if I liked the game I either have to say it’s the best game ever or I have to like GTA IV and Metal Gear Solid equally as well?

If its true that what you donít know cant hurt you, then you must be practically invincible!
ReaptheChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:15 AM   #74
ReaptheChaos

ReaptheChaos's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadsea 18 View Post
Fell in love with it first go around and many times after it I hate RPGS yet love Fallout Ironic yes. New Vegas wasn't as good as 3 I think. It felt like a giant DLC to Fallout 3. That and New Vegas's area was so poor Nevada is basicly a desert who wants to explore a post apocalyptic desert Not me. New Vegas should have been called New California and it set it New California that would have been better Def one of my favorite games of all time.
I agree with you on the lack of exploration in New Vegas. I found myself missing the long subway tunnels and huge buildings of FO3 that took you an hour to explore. Most of the map markers in NV were nothing but some little shack, a one room building or in some cases nothing but a wrecked car or some other landmark. There was almost no point in wandering off the roadways because there was nothing to see there.

If its true that what you donít know cant hurt you, then you must be practically invincible!
ReaptheChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:23 AM   #75
Ice Car

Send a message via Skype™ to Ice Car

Ice Car's Gamercard

Fallout 3 isn't on my Top 5 list unfortunately. Most of those spots belong to Nintendo games. Maybe nostalgia has a role in these spots, I don't know, but Fallout 3 wasn't that great of a game to me in comparison to others. It's a great game, but not that great.
Ice Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #76
HT Viper II

HT Viper II's Gamercard
Fallout 3 is and will always be one of my favorite games right up there with Oblivion.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:09 AM   #77
cccxDOTbelieve

cccxDOTbelieve's Gamercard
I've never been an RPG type, which should be apparent considering how late this post is! But after starting a couple time, Fallout 3 (GOTY) consumed a lot of my life, playing every last bit of this game. One of the best games of all time!
cccxDOTbelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:53 PM   #78
Sean Bahamut

Sean Bahamut's Gamercard
I loved FO3. I completed it once before, but relatively recently re-bought the GOTY version and am now playing through the DLC again on this gamer-profile.

FO:NV would have been the better game, if my experience with it hadn't been soured by the ridiculous abundance of glitches upon release. I could at least play it on release, but a patch a day or so afterwards messed up my game so that I couldn't kill any enemies (they were all just knocked unconscious, meaning no XP and they would wake up and attack me from behind a minute later). This led to me not play the game until way after all the DLC had come out. I've completed it now, and loved it, but I still cant quite love it like I did FO3.

As for one of the best? Nah. Its great, but there are an awful lot of great games out there.

Max GS XBox:
SEGA Mega Drive Ultimate Collection / Halo: Reach (Pre-DLC) / Beyond Good & Evil HD / Alan Wake (Pre-DLC) / Bastion
Max GS GfWL:
Dark Souls / Halo 2 / Viva PiŮata / Fallout 3 / Toy Soldiers
Sean Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:32 AM   #79
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Voted One of the best games of all time. I did not vote ''It is the best'' cause theres way too many awesome great games out from over the years. But I love it the game still.

Did 12 playthroughs of 3 netting ridiculous amounts hours into it. I 100%ed it twice I have the Platnium trophie from when I had a PS3 three years ago and my 1000 gs.

Old 05-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #80
x Demonic Fate

x Demonic Fate's Gamercard
I believe it's hard to get bored of this game, the fact that it has a wide open map to explore and plenty of things to kill.
x Demonic Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #81
UT Austin

Hurricane Matt's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I am going to start it soon, but having already played through it five times in the past, I can say it is definitely one of the best, if not the best game I have ever played. I am looking forward very much to more Fallout games in the future, that is for sure.

UT Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:33 AM   #82
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by UT Austin View Post
I am going to start it soon, but having already played through it five times in the past, I can say it is definitely one of the best, if not the best game I have ever played. I am looking forward very much to more Fallout games in the future, that is for sure.
Please yes start it soon on 360. I did 13 playthroughs total in my life. Amazing game.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #83
UT Austin

Hurricane Matt's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadsea 18 View Post
Please yes start it soon on 360. I did 13 playthroughs total in my life. Amazing game.
I also have it on PC, so I may do two more playthroughs over the next couple months. I am amazed at the replay value of this game, probably the best of any game I have ever played.

UT Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:50 PM   #84
Mc1ovin11

Assassin Corvo's Gamercard
Thumbs up

I played the game when it first came out and really enjoyed it-I wasn't the achievement hunting gamer I am today so did not explore the game to its fullest back then.
However last year I purchased the GOTY edition for £13 along with a few other games and up until a couple of weeks ago it sat un-played.I started a new game and have hardly played anything else since.I've clocked up 80 hours of playtime and still have 2 dlc's to play and 15 achievements to go for.Whilst I like getting cheevo's if a game is crap I wont play it just for the sake of easy achievments but there are no such problems with Fallout 3.The achievements are designed as they should be to allow you to experience all the game has to offer-right down to the fine details of which the wastelands of DC has a lot to offer.The characters,factions,quests and side-quests are creative-I absolutely love some of the unique weapons and the names given to them.
So yes Fallout 3 is as good today as it was in 2008/9,so much so that when I noticed Fallout:New Vegas for £12 on the marketplace last week I had to buy it.Playing through Fallout 3 whilst using the guides on this site has been one of my gaming highlights of this year!

GT-Assassin Corvo
GAMING SOLVES EVERYTHING!!
Mc1ovin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:39 AM   #85
HoliestEd

HoliestEd's Gamercard
Definitely one of my favourite games of all time. Like a lot of you I've spent hours and hours playing this. A real lesson in how to do DLC as well I'd say - new locations, weapons and enemies. I loved just exploring the world and finding new stuff.

The setting of the game was brilliant too. I went on holiday to Washington recently and couldn't help imaging Fallout whilst I was there.

Bring on Fallout 4.
HoliestEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #86
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoliestEd View Post
Definitely one of my favourite games of all time. Like a lot of you I've spent hours and hours playing this. A real lesson in how to do DLC as well I'd say - new locations, weapons and enemies. I loved just exploring the world and finding new stuff.

The setting of the game was brilliant too. I went on holiday to Washington recently and couldn't help imaging Fallout whilst I was there.

Bring on Fallout 4.
Agreed. I'm playing through this game trying to cap Level 30 and I'm nearly there. I've almost discovered every location and trying to get every last bit of XP before it's over. I'll need to do another playthrough because I missed a few achievements but that's a good thing!

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:01 AM   #87
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

It is the best game I have ever played. At 1550 explored everything for fun. Amazing game. Heck look at my gamer pic and avatar if you don't believe my love for Fallout lol.

Last edited by Deadsea 18; 10-04-2014 at 06:02 AM.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:04 PM   #88
snowboy911

hugesniper's Gamercard
Definitely YES! It's the only game I've gotten 100% trophies and 100% achievements.
snowboy911 is offline   Reply With Quote