Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > RPG > Bastion
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-24-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
MM209

pnm3@optonline.net's Gamercard
Warning: Autosave Does NOT Work

Warning to anyone thinking of downloading this game, the game forces a dysfunctional auto-save feature on you. I would have recommended this game to anyone, until now.

I was about 75% through my new game+ run when I decided, hey you know what? it's 1:30am i'll finish this tomorrow. Now the one and only saved game file loads a game state that looks like it's only about 50% into the FIRST game run (not new game+) and there is no new game+ option in the main menu.

Unless you plan to beat the game twice and get 200gs all in one sitting (which is doable) avoid this game, if you stop playing there is no telling what will reload again later.
MM209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:44 PM   #2
Azimuth

nXtrmS's Gamercard
I think you just got unlucky. That hasn't happened to me, and I'm about 95% of the way through New Game+.
Azimuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:27 PM   #3
KeepEmRolling

KeepEmRolling's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azimuth View Post
I think you just got unlucky. That hasn't happened to me, and I'm about 95% of the way through New Game+.

Unlucky or not, the fact that the game does this should be made known. There's several people, on different forums that have reported this happening to them.
KeepEmRolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:34 PM   #4
Auburok

Send a message via Skype™ to Auburok

auburok's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM209 View Post
Unless you plan to beat the game twice and get 200gs all in one sitting (which is doable) avoid this game, if you stop playing there is no telling what will reload again later.
Uh, didn't happen to me. I wouldn't doom-say unless it was 100% reproducible. I took three or four breaks where I stopped playing to watch Netflix on my Xbox. Didn't happen once.

Curiosity's sake: did you play the trial before buying it? A lot of bugs these days seem to come from playing the trial and then buying it, like a more annoying bug that happened to me in Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes. Bastion is at least fun to play for a few hours. Clash of Heroes I have to sink in another 20 hours to get back to where I need to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepEmRolling View Post
Unlucky or not, the fact that the game does this should be made known. There's several people, on different forums that have reported this happening to them.
But only one person on the forum here? Rare bug, so far, eh? Sure, it should be known, but within context. Not: "THIS GAME ISN'T WORTH 1200 MSP BECAUSE OF MAJOR BUGS," like this guy posted in another thread without citing anything other than the autosave bug, or, "DON'T PLAY THIS GAME WITHOUT STOPPING, 'CAUSE IT WON'T LOAD," which is the summation of this topic. Newsflash: Autosave does work for many people, without a hitch.

Auburok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:49 PM   #5
KeepEmRolling

KeepEmRolling's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auburok View Post
Uh, didn't happen to me. I wouldn't doom-say unless it was 100% reproducible. I took three or four breaks where I stopped playing to watch Netflix on my Xbox. Didn't happen once.

But only one person on the forum here? Rare bug, so far, eh? Sure, it should be known, but within context. Not: "THIS GAME ISN'T WORTH 1200 MSP BECAUSE OF MAJOR BUGS," like this guy posted in another thread without citing anything other than the autosave bug, or, "DON'T PLAY THIS GAME WITHOUT STOPPING, 'CAUSE IT WON'T LOAD," which is the summation of this topic. Newsflash: Autosave does work for many people, without a hitch.
I didn't see the OP as slamming the game, and it obviously works for most people, me included and i'm finishing up the challenges before finishing the game. I just think that people should be made aware of the fact that autosave in this game is not 100% reliable.

One person on this site maybe, but in other forums it's been posted by several people. Didn't mean to help spread the doom and gloom and "omg stop playing the game" that someone posted in another thread.
KeepEmRolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:34 PM   #6
Blakestone

Blakestone's Gamercard
Thanks for the heads up!
Blakestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:14 PM   #7
LostArt

Has a patch been released for this Autosave bug? If not, has anyone from Supergiant Games indicated that one will be made available in the near future?
LostArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:02 PM   #8
UltraKev9

UltraKev9's Gamercard
This happened to me. Played it two days with no problems, quit after another three hour bit of playing, came back and reloaded and I may might as well not even played the previous three hours.

Didn't help I was in the middle of an argument with my wife and was already annoyed but this was icing on the cake to have all my previous work undone.

Didn't turn off the game until I got all the way through. Started a New Game+ and left in the Wharf District. Let's see where I am when I start it up again.
UltraKev9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:23 PM   #9
Black Tango

JohnnieMonkey's Gamercard
This is still happening. I played about 2/3 of my New Game+ run last night, figured I'd finish in the morning. Now it's morning and I'm clear back at the beginning, just before you drop down and get the bow.

Between this and the constant stuttering lag, I have to say I'll be glad to see the back of this game. Isn't worth the money, even on sale.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:26 PM   #10
DefEdge

DefEdge's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Had this happen to me last night. I lost 2 full levels and several hours of work...
RRoD #1: 9/27/08
DefEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:21 AM   #11
amuro98

I had this problem too. I quit last night and after continuing today I found I had lost the last mission I did to get a core. Not a HUGE deal but definitely scary after reading other posts.

However I think I've found a workaround.

Hit the start button, choose Options and Settings. Go into the Settings. You don't have to change anything. Now back out. The game will save. I *believe* it does a complete save, and not just of your settings. I tried this a few times and it seems to work.
amuro98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #12
TwitTheShred

Send a message via MSN to TwitTheShred

Twits Funeral's Gamercard
URGH the exsact same thing just happend to me! i was litrally in the last area of new game plus and now all that progress is lost.

well thats put me off getting the last 2 chievos now. another game to add to the list of "never going to 100%"

My Horde

Allways looking for multiplayer buddies, throw a message this way.

Credit to DethHolly for the signature pic.
TwitTheShred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:58 AM   #13
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
didnt have any problems, though I finished the game and then did a speed run of new game+ in about 90 minutes all in one sitting. It appears only the auto save during the new game plus is broke??

GOAL : 300,000 Gamersore by Dec 31, 2015 -
331 COMPLETED GAMES (116 WP / 84 360 / 32 W8 / 2 GFWL / 15 XB1 / 81 XBLA / 3 Other)

Check out my 125 Achievement Guides <HERE>

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram: @Lumiatography < LINK
Arsenic 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:04 PM   #14
Raggle101

Raggle101's Gamercard
I lost about 3 hours of play time

As of 4/23/2012 this glitch is still present, I lost about 3 hours of playtime. Lost time always sucks and I wish I knew of some way to make sure this doesn't happen again.
Raggle101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:30 PM   #15
Carbon-Q

Carnography's Gamercard
Great just read this after about four hours of my first play..... Fingers crossed.

Carbon-Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:01 AM   #16
Fire Mage

HARDLUCKDUCK's Gamercard
Now I'm paranoid... Haha. I just finished the game and it's 2:00 AM here. I'm a little tired and would like to go to bed, but I'm afraid I'll lose everything.

I played the whole game through in one sitting. I'm debating just grabbing a drink, playing the next 90-ish minutes and beating it again.

:EDIT:
Well fuck! How worthless is this save system? The credits rolled (they were playing when I typed the original message), after they finished it told me about New Game+ and to look for it.

I went everywhere throughout the Main Menu and I have no option. I exited the game after looking around for a bit (and seeing that people have had the same issue, the option just not showing up).

So I turned the game back on, looked EVERYWHERE in the Main Menu ... no option. So I chose "Normal Mode" thinking it may ask me after that.

Nope! It started a brand new game, overwrote my save data (although apparently I had no save data to begin with since the system is shit), and that's that!

So now it's like I just started Playthrough #1, no weapons, no EXP, no money, nothing. So I'm not about to play this through another time just so I can play a third time on New Game+ ... especially because this same mess might happen again and therefore I'll have literally wasted 6+ hours.

So I guess I'm just never getting the last two achievements I need.

:EDIT 2:
Okay... So even though I started a new game (or the game thought I wanted to) and it seemed to overwrite my old data... the save system failed again. So instead of the new game overwriting the old data, my old data is still there, i.e. my game save is still there, just I'm right before the final level.

So I just replayed the final level one more time, chose the other ending, and at least got that achievement.

And now New Game+ appeared... Odd.

Last edited by Fire Mage; 05-13-2012 at 06:44 AM.
Fire Mage is offline   Reply With Quote