PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-01-2011, 06:07 PM   #31
BOMB SQUIRREL

3.0 looks very nice keep you busy for sum time the 4player co op would not be to hard there alot of pp going to play this game like me GT= suicide shrimp lol
BOMB SQUIRREL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:10 PM   #32
chainsawsquirrel

chainsawsquirel's Gamercard
omg! another homcidal squirrel! wooooooooo!

slaughter
is the best medicine

"CAAAAAAARRLLL that kills people!"

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!
chainsawsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:27 PM   #33
Barad
Super Fun Time

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I like the list, though Seriously 3.0 scares me

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:48 AM   #34
Morbious17

Send a message via MSN to Morbious17

Morbious17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Does anyone have a list of all the medals that you can get onyx for?

Last edited by Morbious17; 09-02-2011 at 04:35 AM.
Morbious17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:44 AM   #35
chainsawsquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbious17 View Post
Does anyone have a list of all the medals that you can get onyx for?
everything except old guard and beta tester i'd say.

slaughter
is the best medicine

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!
Old 09-02-2011, 02:01 PM   #36
chainsawsquirrel

if ever i do montages, they will be execution montages and just lucky kills like trickshots and stuff. i hate all these rediculous sniper montages.

slaughter
is the best medicine

Old 09-02-2011, 06:51 PM   #37
Morbious17

Morbious17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by chainsawsquirrel View Post
everything except old guard and beta tester i'd say.
Oh ok. I was hoping the beta tester didn't have onyx.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:32 PM   #38
chainsawsquirrel

Quote:
Oh ok. I was hoping the beta tester didn't have onyx.
how can the beta tester have onyx? for playing the beta for a long time? it doesn't and it never did anyway.

slaughter
is the best medicine

Old 09-03-2011, 01:10 AM   #39
ImmortalArbiter

ImmortalArbiter's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
So, Rod said it was 6000 kills per weapon to get the Onyx medal (and unlock the Onyx skin for that weapon). Not a big deal, except for Seriously 3.0 you need all Onyx medals, so you are looking at 30,000 kills just for the 5 default weapons.

I really hope there's a good way to grind kills.

ImmortalArbiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:16 AM   #40
chainsawsquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalArbiter View Post
So, Rod said it was 6000 kills per weapon to get the Onyx medal (and unlock the Onyx skin for that weapon). Not a big deal, except for Seriously 3.0 you need all Onyx medals, so you are looking at 30,000 kills just for the 5 default weapons.

I really hope there's a good way to grind kills.
campaign? i asked rod and the other guys at epic if u could unlock onyx skins from campaign, horde and beast. (only the retro lancer or gnasher if ur playing beast). no reply yet, hopefully i will get 1.

slaughter
is the best medicine

Old 09-03-2011, 03:40 AM   #41
Morbious17

Morbious17's Gamercard

Quote:
how can the beta tester have onyx? for playing the beta for a long time? it doesn't and it never did anyway.
I was looking at a chart that had some medals and it showed 1-4 star requirements. Beta tester was on there for some reason so I wanted to make sure.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #42
LoKuS773

lokus773's Gamercard
Quote:
campaign? i asked rod and the other guys at epic if u could unlock onyx skins from campaign, horde and beast. (only the retro lancer or gnasher if ur playing beast). no reply yet, hopefully i will get 1.
Yeah, please keep us informed because I have been wondering too!!

LoKuS773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:52 PM   #43
prs129

meitante kiba's Gamercard
im a little worried now. i busted my ass the last 2 experiance weekends to make sure i got the level 100 achievements in G2. i did and the achievwement is mine. time stamp included and everything. but then an update, like to so many other people, reset my level back to 1.

my question is, the medal in G3 that requires you to have level 100 in G2... do you simply need the achievement witht he time stamp for it, or do you have to physically be level 100. cause if so i really dont feel like climbing all the way back up to 100 all over again.

text
prs129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:47 PM   #44
EliteLeafHater

EliteLeafHater's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by prs129 View Post
im a little worried now. i busted my ass the last 2 experiance weekends to make sure i got the level 100 achievements in G2. i did and the achievwement is mine. time stamp included and everything. but then an update, like to so many other people, reset my level back to 1.

my question is, the medal in G3 that requires you to have level 100 in G2... do you simply need the achievement witht he time stamp for it, or do you have to physically be level 100. cause if so i really dont feel like climbing all the way back up to 100 all over again.
you only need the achievement so you are good
EliteLeafHater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:49 PM   #45
Efase

Efase's Gamercard
Seems good, and Seriously 3.0 doesn't seem as bad as 2.0

Thanks a lot to Gackt

The blog where I write Please drop by
Efase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:47 PM   #46
ImmortalArbiter

ImmortalArbiter's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efase View Post
Seriously 3.0 is way harder. Rod just confirmed that the 6000 kills for each of the five weapons have to be multiplayer kills.

https://twitter.com/#!/GearsViking/s...96366528765952

So you are going to need 30,000 MP kills, and that's just for the starting weapon medals. There are still lots of other MP medals, and then medals for other modes, too. This is going to be one nightmarish achievement.

ImmortalArbiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:47 PM   #47
xXmyxxmastaXx

xXmyxxmastaXx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efase View Post
yes...... its worse just to get onyx for all starting weapons you need 30,000 kills thats going to be a bitch

GODDAMIT NINJA'D
xXmyxxmastaXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:50 PM   #48
chainsawsquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by prs129 View Post

rod said many times that they really dont care whether ur lvl 100 or not, u just have to have the achievement. if u have that achievement then ur worries r over.

slaughter
is the best medicine

Old 09-03-2011, 11:53 PM   #49
chainsawsquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalArbiter View Post
Seriously 3.0 is way harder. Rod just confirmed that the 6000 kills for each of the five weapons have to be multiplayer kills.

https://twitter.com/#!/GearsViking/s...96366528765952

So you are going to need 30,000 MP kills, and that's just for the starting weapon medals. There are still lots of other MP medals, and then medals for other modes, too. This is going to be one nightmarish achievement.
judging from my stats in the beta it'd take me a month and a half to get onyx for the retro lancer (no i never hip fired it unless the enemy was right in my face and almost touching). tbh i had no idea the hipfire was so accurate, the cover blindfire certainly wasn't. lancer will easily take the longest lol.

but honestly, fuck trying to get seriously 3.0. achievements like that sort of ruin the idea of this game; fun. people saying they're 'busting' their asses to get stuff like the VG achievement. it shouldn't be like that. these games r for enjoyment. i dont like trying to get achievements, i just play and have fun knowing i dont have to bother with something like seriously 3.0 if im not going to enjoy getting it.
i say, just dont even think about trying to get it, and that way when u do come to think about it a while after the game's been launched, u'll be closer than u think. just take ur mind of this achievement, play the game and have fun. u dont need seriously 3.0.

slaughter
is the best medicine

Last edited by chainsawsquirrel; 09-03-2011 at 11:59 PM.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:21 AM   #50
Morbious17

Morbious17's Gamercard

Quote:
judging from my stats in the beta it'd take me a month and a half to get onyx for the retro lancer (no i never hip fired it unless the enemy was right in my face and almost touching). tbh i had no idea the hipfire was so accurate, the cover blindfire certainly wasn't. lancer will easily take the longest lol.

but honestly, fuck trying to get seriously 3.0. achievements like that sort of ruin the idea of this game; fun. people saying they're 'busting' their asses to get stuff like the VG achievement. it shouldn't be like that. these games r for enjoyment. i dont like trying to get achievements, i just play and have fun knowing i dont have to bother with something like seriously 3.0 if im not going to enjoy getting it.
i say, just dont even think about trying to get it, and that way when u do come to think about it a while after the game's been launched, u'll be closer than u think. just take ur mind of this achievement, play the game and have fun. u dont need seriously 3.0.
For me, it adds a challenging spin to gameplay. I also like having something to aim for other than simply killing the opposing team.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:48 AM   #51
chainsawsquirrel

Exclamation

Quote:
For me, it adds a challenging spin to gameplay. I also like having something to aim for other than simply killing the opposing team.
what i'm saying to people is to not bust their asses to get it. if they're not enjoying trying to get it, then dont try, just kill the enemy and have fun and u'll get it just without the pain u would get from trying. that way it's like having a job u enjoy; u get payed for having fun.

slaughter
is the best medicine

Old 09-04-2011, 06:52 PM   #52
xXmyxxmastaXx

Quote:
what i'm saying to people is to not bust their asses to get it. if they're not enjoying trying to get it, then dont try, just kill the enemy and have fun and u'll get it just without the pain u would get from trying. that way it's like having a job u enjoy; u get payed for having fun.
dont want the achievement? dont bitch and dont get it
Old 09-04-2011, 08:06 PM   #53
chainsawsquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXmyxxmastaXx View Post
dont want the achievement? dont bitch and dont get it
u clearly dont get the fucking message here. just read the damn post properly! i'd hardly call it bitching, it's just advice to people so that they dont ruin the game for them selves. because people r on the verge of doing that already by trying to get VG. if VG didn't have a reward, then they would be doing that.

slaughter
is the best medicine

Old 09-04-2011, 08:09 PM   #54
chainsawsquirrel

Quote:
I also like having something to aim for other than simply killing the opposing team.
seriously 3.0 isn't the only thing to aim for.

slaughter
is the best medicine

Old 09-04-2011, 08:45 PM   #55
xXmyxxmastaXx

Quote:
u clearly dont get the fucking message here. just read the damn post properly! i'd hardly call it bitching, it's just advice to people so that they dont ruin the game for them selves. because people r on the verge of doing that already by trying to get VG. if VG didn't have a reward, then they would be doing that.
u mad brah?
Old 09-04-2011, 10:18 PM   #56
Morbious17

Morbious17's Gamercard

Quote:
seriously 3.0 isn't the only thing to aim for.
It'll be one of the last things to aim for.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:26 AM   #57
chainsawsquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXmyxxmastaXx View Post
u mad brah?
furious is more like it.

slaughter
is the best medicine

Old 09-05-2011, 06:27 AM   #58
chainsawsquirrel

Quote:
It'll be one of the last things to aim for.
and one of the last things i'll aim for. not that i dont want it, it's just not worth trying to get when ur probably going to get it anyway if u play it alot.

slaughter
is the best medicine

Old 09-12-2011, 01:20 PM   #59
demondude360

Demondude360's Gamercard
after playing the gears of war 3 beta, i can tell you seriously 3.0 is gunna be stupidly hard to get ...
demondude360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:37 PM   #60
EliteLeafHater

EliteLeafHater's Gamercard
found this on youtube its a ribon ond medal list and at least we dont need all ribbons but some of these medals are going to take a long long lime to onyx even if you can do them in custom games
it only shows the first level of the medal

Last edited by EliteLeafHater; 09-12-2011 at 06:40 PM.
EliteLeafHater is offline   Reply With Quote