PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2011, 06:07 PM   #31
BOMB SQUIRREL
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 255
3.0 looks very nice keep you busy for sum time the 4player co op would not be to hard there alot of pp going to play this game like me GT= suicide shrimp lol
BOMB SQUIRREL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:10 PM   #32
chainsawsquirrel
 
chainsawsquirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: somewhere
Posts: 746

chainsawsquirel's Gamercard
omg! another homcidal squirrel! wooooooooo!
__________________

slaughter
is the best medicine

"CAAAAAAARRLLL that kills people!"

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!
chainsawsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:27 PM   #33
Barad
Super Fun Time
 
Barad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Student
Posts: 21,888
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I like the list, though Seriously 3.0 scares me
__________________
Massive Thanks to Rajeanero

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:48 AM   #34
Morbious17
 
Morbious17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 420
Send a message via MSN to Morbious17

Morbious17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Does anyone have a list of all the medals that you can get onyx for?
__________________

Last edited by Morbious17; 09-02-2011 at 04:35 AM.
Morbious17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:44 AM   #35
chainsawsquirrel
 
chainsawsquirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: somewhere
Posts: 746

chainsawsquirel's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbious17 View Post
Does anyone have a list of all the medals that you can get onyx for?
everything except old guard and beta tester i'd say.
__________________

slaughter
is the best medicine

"CAAAAAAARRLLL that kills people!"

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!
chainsawsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:01 PM   #36
chainsawsquirrel
 
chainsawsquirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: somewhere
Posts: 746

chainsawsquirel's Gamercard
if ever i do montages, they will be execution montages and just lucky kills like trickshots and stuff. i hate all these rediculous sniper montages.
__________________

slaughter
is the best medicine

"CAAAAAAARRLLL that kills people!"

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!
chainsawsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:51 PM   #37
Morbious17
 
Morbious17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 420
Send a message via MSN to Morbious17

Morbious17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chainsawsquirrel View Post
everything except old guard and beta tester i'd say.
Oh ok. I was hoping the beta tester didn't have onyx.
__________________
Morbious17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:32 PM   #38
chainsawsquirrel
 
chainsawsquirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: somewhere
Posts: 746

chainsawsquirel's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbious17 View Post
Oh ok. I was hoping the beta tester didn't have onyx.
how can the beta tester have onyx? for playing the beta for a long time? it doesn't and it never did anyway.
__________________

slaughter
is the best medicine

"CAAAAAAARRLLL that kills people!"

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!
chainsawsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:10 AM   #39
ImmortalArbiter
 
ImmortalArbiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 517

ImmortalArbiter's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
So, Rod said it was 6000 kills per weapon to get the Onyx medal (and unlock the Onyx skin for that weapon). Not a big deal, except for Seriously 3.0 you need all Onyx medals, so you are looking at 30,000 kills just for the 5 default weapons.

I really hope there's a good way to grind kills.
__________________

ImmortalArbiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:16 AM   #40
chainsawsquirrel
 
chainsawsquirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: somewhere
Posts: 746

chainsawsquirel's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalArbiter View Post
So, Rod said it was 6000 kills per weapon to get the Onyx medal (and unlock the Onyx skin for that weapon). Not a big deal, except for Seriously 3.0 you need all Onyx medals, so you are looking at 30,000 kills just for the 5 default weapons.

I really hope there's a good way to grind kills.
campaign? i asked rod and the other guys at epic if u could unlock onyx skins from campaign, horde and beast. (only the retro lancer or gnasher if ur playing beast). no reply yet, hopefully i will get 1.
__________________

slaughter
is the best medicine

"CAAAAAAARRLLL that kills people!"

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!
chainsawsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 03:40 AM   #41
Morbious17
 
Morbious17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 420
Send a message via MSN to Morbious17

Morbious17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chainsawsquirrel View Post
how can the beta tester have onyx? for playing the beta for a long time? it doesn't and it never did anyway.
I was looking at a chart that had some medals and it showed 1-4 star requirements. Beta tester was on there for some reason so I wanted to make sure.
__________________
Morbious17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #42
LoKuS773
 
LoKuS773's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 166

lokus773's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by chainsawsquirrel View Post
campaign? i asked rod and the other guys at epic if u could unlock onyx skins from campaign, horde and beast. (only the retro lancer or gnasher if ur playing beast). no reply yet, hopefully i will get 1.
Yeah, please keep us informed because I have been wondering too!!
__________________


LoKuS773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:52 PM   #43
prs129
 
prs129's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 73

meitante kiba's Gamercard
im a little worried now. i busted my ass the last 2 experiance weekends to make sure i got the level 100 achievements in G2. i did and the achievwement is mine. time stamp included and everything. but then an update, like to so many other people, reset my level back to 1.

my question is, the medal in G3 that requires you to have level 100 in G2... do you simply need the achievement witht he time stamp for it, or do you have to physically be level 100. cause if so i really dont feel like climbing all the way back up to 100 all over again.
__________________

text
prs129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:47 PM   #44
EliteLeafHater
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 736

EliteLeafHater's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by prs129 View Post
im a little worried now. i busted my ass the last 2 experiance weekends to make sure i got the level 100 achievements in G2. i did and the achievwement is mine. time stamp included and everything. but then an update, like to so many other people, reset my level back to 1.

my question is, the medal in G3 that requires you to have level 100 in G2... do you simply need the achievement witht he time stamp for it, or do you have to physically be level 100. cause if so i really dont feel like climbing all the way back up to 100 all over again.
you only need the achievement so you are good
EliteLeafHater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:49 PM   #45
Efase
 
Efase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: México City
Posts: 887

Efase's Gamercard
Seems good, and Seriously 3.0 doesn't seem as bad as 2.0
__________________

Thanks a lot to Gackt


The blog where I write Please drop by
Efase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:47 PM   #46
ImmortalArbiter
 
ImmortalArbiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 517

ImmortalArbiter's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efase View Post
Seems good, and Seriously 3.0 doesn't seem as bad as 2.0
Seriously 3.0 is way harder. Rod just confirmed that the 6000 kills for each of the five weapons have to be multiplayer kills.

https://twitter.com/#!/GearsViking/s...96366528765952

So you are going to need 30,000 MP kills, and that's just for the starting weapon medals. There are still lots of other MP medals, and then medals for other modes, too. This is going to be one nightmarish achievement.
__________________

ImmortalArbiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:47 PM   #47
xXmyxxmastaXx
 
xXmyxxmastaXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Raleigh, N.C.
Posts: 1,638

xXmyxxmastaXx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efase View Post
Seems good, and Seriously 3.0 doesn't seem as bad as 2.0
yes...... its worse just to get onyx for all starting weapons you need 30,000 kills thats going to be a bitch

GODDAMIT NINJA'D
xXmyxxmastaXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:50 PM   #48
chainsawsquirrel
 
chainsawsquirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: somewhere
Posts: 746

chainsawsquirel's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by prs129 View Post
im a little worried now. i busted my ass the last 2 experiance weekends to make sure i got the level 100 achievements in G2. i did and the achievwement is mine. time stamp included and everything. but then an update, like to so many other people, reset my level back to 1.

my question is, the medal in G3 that requires you to have level 100 in G2... do you simply need the achievement witht he time stamp for it, or do you have to physically be level 100. cause if so i really dont feel like climbing all the way back up to 100 all over again.
rod said many times that they really dont care whether ur lvl 100 or not, u just have to have the achievement. if u have that achievement then ur worries r over.
__________________

slaughter
is the best medicine

"CAAAAAAARRLLL that kills people!"

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!
chainsawsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:53 PM   #49
chainsawsquirrel
 
chainsawsquirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: somewhere
Posts: 746

chainsawsquirel's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalArbiter View Post
Seriously 3.0 is way harder. Rod just confirmed that the 6000 kills for each of the five weapons have to be multiplayer kills.

https://twitter.com/#!/GearsViking/s...96366528765952

So you are going to need 30,000 MP kills, and that's just for the starting weapon medals. There are still lots of other MP medals, and then medals for other modes, too. This is going to be one nightmarish achievement.
judging from my stats in the beta it'd take me a month and a half to get onyx for the retro lancer (no i never hip fired it unless the enemy was right in my face and almost touching). tbh i had no idea the hipfire was so accurate, the cover blindfire certainly wasn't. lancer will easily take the longest lol.

but honestly, fuck trying to get seriously 3.0. achievements like that sort of ruin the idea of this game; fun. people saying they're 'busting' their asses to get stuff like the VG achievement. it shouldn't be like that. these games r for enjoyment. i dont like trying to get achievements, i just play and have fun knowing i dont have to bother with something like seriously 3.0 if im not going to enjoy getting it.
i say, just dont even think about trying to get it, and that way when u do come to think about it a while after the game's been launched, u'll be closer than u think. just take ur mind of this achievement, play the game and have fun. u dont need seriously 3.0.
__________________

slaughter
is the best medicine

"CAAAAAAARRLLL that kills people!"

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Last edited by chainsawsquirrel; 09-03-2011 at 11:59 PM.
chainsawsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:21 AM   #50
Morbious17
 
Morbious17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 420
Send a message via MSN to Morbious17

Morbious17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chainsawsquirrel View Post
judging from my stats in the beta it'd take me a month and a half to get onyx for the retro lancer (no i never hip fired it unless the enemy was right in my face and almost touching). tbh i had no idea the hipfire was so accurate, the cover blindfire certainly wasn't. lancer will easily take the longest lol.

but honestly, fuck trying to get seriously 3.0. achievements like that sort of ruin the idea of this game; fun. people saying they're 'busting' their asses to get stuff like the VG achievement. it shouldn't be like that. these games r for enjoyment. i dont like trying to get achievements, i just play and have fun knowing i dont have to bother with something like seriously 3.0 if im not going to enjoy getting it.
i say, just dont even think about trying to get it, and that way when u do come to think about it a while after the game's been launched, u'll be closer than u think. just take ur mind of this achievement, play the game and have fun. u dont need seriously 3.0.
For me, it adds a challenging spin to gameplay. I also like having something to aim for other than simply killing the opposing team.
__________________
Morbious17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:48 AM   #51
chainsawsquirrel
 
chainsawsquirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: somewhere
Posts: 746

chainsawsquirel's Gamercard
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbious17 View Post
For me, it adds a challenging spin to gameplay. I also like having something to aim for other than simply killing the opposing team.
what i'm saying to people is to not bust their asses to get it. if they're not enjoying trying to get it, then dont try, just kill the enemy and have fun and u'll get it just without the pain u would get from trying. that way it's like having a job u enjoy; u get payed for having fun.
__________________

slaughter
is the best medicine

"CAAAAAAARRLLL that kills people!"

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!
chainsawsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:52 PM   #52
xXmyxxmastaXx
 
xXmyxxmastaXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Raleigh, N.C.
Posts: 1,638

xXmyxxmastaXx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chainsawsquirrel View Post
what i'm saying to people is to not bust their asses to get it. if they're not enjoying trying to get it, then dont try, just kill the enemy and have fun and u'll get it just without the pain u would get from trying. that way it's like having a job u enjoy; u get payed for having fun.
dont want the achievement? dont bitch and dont get it
xXmyxxmastaXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:06 PM   #53
chainsawsquirrel
 
chainsawsquirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: somewhere
Posts: 746

chainsawsquirel's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXmyxxmastaXx View Post
dont want the achievement? dont bitch and dont get it
u clearly dont get the fucking message here. just read the damn post properly! i'd hardly call it bitching, it's just advice to people so that they dont ruin the game for them selves. because people r on the verge of doing that already by trying to get VG. if VG didn't have a reward, then they would be doing that.
__________________

slaughter
is the best medicine

"CAAAAAAARRLLL that kills people!"

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!
chainsawsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:09 PM   #54
chainsawsquirrel
 
chainsawsquirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: somewhere
Posts: 746

chainsawsquirel's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbious17 View Post
I also like having something to aim for other than simply killing the opposing team.
seriously 3.0 isn't the only thing to aim for.
__________________

slaughter
is the best medicine

"CAAAAAAARRLLL that kills people!"

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!
chainsawsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:45 PM   #55
xXmyxxmastaXx
 
xXmyxxmastaXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Raleigh, N.C.
Posts: 1,638

xXmyxxmastaXx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chainsawsquirrel View Post
u clearly dont get the fucking message here. just read the damn post properly! i'd hardly call it bitching, it's just advice to people so that they dont ruin the game for them selves. because people r on the verge of doing that already by trying to get VG. if VG didn't have a reward, then they would be doing that.
u mad brah?
xXmyxxmastaXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:18 PM   #56
Morbious17
 
Morbious17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 420
Send a message via MSN to Morbious17

Morbious17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chainsawsquirrel View Post
seriously 3.0 isn't the only thing to aim for.
It'll be one of the last things to aim for.
__________________
Morbious17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:26 AM   #57
chainsawsquirrel
 
chainsawsquirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: somewhere
Posts: 746

chainsawsquirel's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXmyxxmastaXx View Post
u mad brah?
furious is more like it.
__________________

slaughter
is the best medicine

"CAAAAAAARRLLL that kills people!"

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!
chainsawsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:27 AM   #58
chainsawsquirrel
 
chainsawsquirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: somewhere
Posts: 746

chainsawsquirel's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbious17 View Post
It'll be one of the last things to aim for.
and one of the last things i'll aim for. not that i dont want it, it's just not worth trying to get when ur probably going to get it anyway if u play it alot.
__________________

slaughter
is the best medicine

"CAAAAAAARRLLL that kills people!"

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!
chainsawsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:20 PM   #59
demondude360
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1

Demondude360's Gamercard
after playing the gears of war 3 beta, i can tell you seriously 3.0 is gunna be stupidly hard to get ...
demondude360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:37 PM   #60
EliteLeafHater
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 736

EliteLeafHater's Gamercard
found this on youtube its a ribon ond medal list and at least we dont need all ribbons but some of these medals are going to take a long long lime to onyx even if you can do them in custom games
it only shows the first level of the medal


Last edited by EliteLeafHater; 09-12-2011 at 06:40 PM.
EliteLeafHater is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:08 AM.