Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Japanese Games (NTSC-J) > Action > Catherine
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-24-2011, 11:41 PM   #1
TofuFishy

Send a message via AIM to TofuFishy Send a message via MSN to TofuFishy
So... Catherine or Katherine?

I know the game doesn't come out till the day after tomorrow (or, if I'm lucky tomorrow considering I got my pre-order a day early last time), but I figure it'd be nice to know what you guys think based on the trailers, rumors, etc. and after actually playing the game for yourself.

So who would you rather choose and why? Catherine vs. Katherine.
TofuFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:51 AM   #2
rekikire

rekikire x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   1,000 Posts   x360a Representer   GSL 10 Winner   GSL 10 MVP   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Katherine definitely, I'm not partial to blondes.
rekikire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:56 AM   #3
nia333

StormyC93's Gamercard
Katherine because I like nice, calm, and collected.
nia333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:11 PM   #4
DoomKvlt

carnalwarharlot's Gamercard
Katherine, she seems like a nice lady.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:43 PM   #5
jae200

soulstlkr2's Gamercard
I'd say Katherine too. I love the glasses and seems sexy in a nerdy way.
jae200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:48 AM   #6
TofuFishy

Send a message via AIM to TofuFishy Send a message via MSN to TofuFishy
So I'm the only one who'd say Catherine (if I were a guy)? I feel alone. =P
I enjoy someone more free and not tied down. I mean Katherine has a nice, calm, nature. I can see her as being a good mother--a little strict but out of love. But I think it's a little more fun with Catherine and she doesn't seem so... smutty... she seems a bit innocent actually (I just started the game shut up xP). But she gives a more carefree air, and thats what I like.
TofuFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:02 AM   #7
nia333

StormyC93's Gamercard
Well I don't know but I think Katherine is cheating with Johnny. The smoking Sheep that looks exactly like Johnny talks about betraying his best friend. Thats either Orlando, Toby, or Vincent.
nia333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:57 AM   #8
Cloud1992

x410xDragon's Gamercard
Katherine.
Cloud1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:18 AM   #9
ParoXyzm

paroXyzm's Gamercard
Catherine hands down. She's just so carefree and fun to hang around. Katherine seems like the one who wants to wear the pants in the relationship, which is okay in some cases, but she seems a bit pushy.

ParoXyzm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:31 AM   #10
DoomKvlt

carnalwarharlot's Gamercard
I would like to revoke my previous choice, and substitute it with Erica.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:18 PM   #11
MikeyLikesIt

MikeyLikesIt457's Gamercard
Catherine is my kinda psycho.
MikeyLikesIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:11 PM   #12
BML99

Jon 1renicus's Gamercard
Anna. Definitely. >_>
BML99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:59 PM   #13
NINERS2KX

NINERS2KX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Catherine first..

then when she goes all stalker on you, you fall back with Katherine

NINERS2KX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:32 AM   #14
Lord Nikecon

Lord Nikecon's Gamercard
First time I went with Katherine, second time with Catherine. Had the true lover/cheater endings. I liked both the endings lol. Only 6 more to go, yay... xD
Lord Nikecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:51 AM   #15
Ryot Control

Send a message via AIM to Ryot Control

Ryot Control's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Platinum   2,500 Posts   GSL 11 Winner   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   Submit - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I guess it takes a special kind of crazy to get a girl to send you naughty pics over the phone.

The idea of getting with a Catherine type is hot, but I couldn't handle a girl with that crazy personality for the long run.

Erika is pretty cute too. I can dig the tomboy.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:53 AM   #16
FeLizP
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to FeLizP Send a message via Yahoo to FeLizP Send a message via Skype™ to FeLizP

FeLizP's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryot Control View Post
I guess it takes a special kind of crazy to get a girl to send you naughty pics over the phone.

The idea of getting with a Catherine type is hot, but I couldn't handle a girl with that crazy personality for the long run.

Erika is pretty cute too. I can dig the tomboy.
WARNING SPOILERS BELOW(highlight if you WANT to read)

It has been hinted that Erica was possibly a boy back in High School in one of the endings. Revealing that she was known as "Eric" back in school. There is also a possibility that she took female hormones to transition but it's not been 100% proven.

It could be that she was just a tomboy and theorists just want to jump on the sex change bandwagon like with Poison from Final Fight.

Regardless I prefer Erica over both Catherine's despite if anything above be true.

Last edited by FeLizP; 07-30-2011 at 07:23 AM.
FeLizP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 03:31 AM   #17
KayCeaEffahless

Location: Climbing the insurmountable mental peak...Still got a ways to go (. ▽ `.)ノ

Statikc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
My pick would be Midnight Venus(Trisha)..........I guess i'm the only one
Old 07-30-2011, 04:09 AM   #18
Ryot Control

Ryot Control's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Platinum   2,500 Posts   GSL 11 Winner   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   Submit - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeLizP View Post
It has been hinted that Erica was possibly a boy back in High School in one of the endings. Revealing that she was known as "Eric" back in school. There is also a possibility that she took female hormones to transition but it's not been 100% proven.

It could be that she was just a tomboy and theorists just want to jump on the sex change bandwagon like with Poison from Final Fight.

Regardless I prefer Erica over both Catherine's despite if anything above be true.
The final fight transsexual debate was because a loss in translation from Japan to US. Somehow it became canon.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS (Highlight to read)

And I was just THINKING about the whole Erica thing too. Just read it in the wiki after beating the game but I NEVER would have thought about any of that supposed spoiler until I read that. I can't remember if she was pretending to have seen the nightmares, was seeing nightmares because she kept talking or hearing about them, or if she actually WAS in the nightmares. She didn't really show any of the symptoms of exhaustion like the guys did.

Last edited by Ryot Control; 07-30-2011 at 04:12 AM.
Ryot Control is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 06:49 AM   #19
Devil Sora

Send a message via AIM to Devil Sora Send a message via MSN to Devil Sora

Devil Sora's Gamercard
I'd have to go with K, though I do agree Erica is appealing. It seems that the females who play the game tend to lean towards C I had one of my coworkers say, "I'm going to make love to this poster tonight." in refrence to a Catherine poster.

EDIT: My coworker being female of course.
Geth do not intentionally infiltrate.
------------------------------------------------
Devil Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:15 AM   #20
FeLizP
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to FeLizP Send a message via Yahoo to FeLizP Send a message via Skype™ to FeLizP

FeLizP's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryot Control View Post
The final fight transsexual debate was because a loss in translation from Japan to US. Somehow it became canon.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS (Highlight to read)

And I was just THINKING about the whole Erica thing too. Just read it in the wiki after beating the game but I NEVER would have thought about any of that supposed spoiler until I read that. I can't remember if she was pretending to have seen the nightmares, was seeing nightmares because she kept talking or hearing about them, or if she actually WAS in the nightmares. She didn't really show any of the symptoms of exhaustion like the guys did.
Interesting input, let me use your Spoiler method as i failed to do so in my original post.

SPOILERS BELOW (Highlight to Read)

I sincerely believe that Erica WAS actually in some of the nightmares. Look at it as her former "male" side coming out. Genetically she was probably born male which is who Boss targets, cheating or disloyal males. What's weird though is if that IS the case then who is she being disloyal to? The story brought out how she was hurt and disappeared for a while in which case everyone thought she was dead.

But you're right she didn't show any symptoms like the guys but she is a woman now so maybe that's why she is not as affected? Perhaps she is in some weird state between Male and Female with the ability of having some partial nightmares while at the same time not getting quite affected by them.

Nonetheless I would like to learn more about this Erica she is my favorite character in Catherine and definitely the hottest(regardless of the info above) next to Trisha the hostess of Golden Playhouse. If anything the questionable background of Erica makes her hotter. Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayCeaEffahless View Post
Like I said above! Oh by the way if you're a big Trisha fan then that should motivate you to complete the Axis Mundi Babel Stage(unlockable by obtaining 9 gold prizes on Normal+)

You unlock a special video featuring Trisha. Although, you can simply see it on Youtube it would be much more gratifying if you actually work for it provided you have the necessary puzzle skills to do so.

Last edited by FeLizP; 07-30-2011 at 07:22 AM.
FeLizP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:30 AM   #21
StaticVito

StaticVito's Gamercard
Quote:
Genetically she was probably born male which is who Boss targets, cheating or disloyal males.
***Spoilers***

Off Topic...

Well it turns out later in the game that he was targeting the men who would string along the fertile women in a relationship that had no plans to procreate. That's why Jonny was in the nightmare.

I think Erica used to be a man too! Didn't put 2 and 2 together until I saw my first ending. The True Lover ending. After watching It I just thought that maybe because she was a tomboy, they called her Eric.

But after hearing that, on my second playthrough every time Erica is mentioned there are so many little hints, that point towards her being a trany.

It's such a hard decision to pick IMO. Catherine would appear to me as my ideal woman. (Mind and Body) I don't think I'd have the willpower to resist that. But I think Katherine is the better choice for the long term, meaningful relationship... If that's what I wanted.

Last edited by StaticVito; 08-01-2011 at 09:40 AM.
StaticVito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:15 AM   #22
luke391

Send a message via AIM to luke391 Send a message via Skype™ to luke391

Admiral Vic's Gamercard
Quote:
+1...................
luke391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:33 AM   #23
bigbear2face

bigbear2face's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   1,000 Posts
****POTENTIAL SPOILERS EVEN IN THE QUOTED SECTION***

Quote:
SPOILERS BELOW (Highlight to Read)

I sincerely believe that Erica WAS actually in some of the nightmares. Look at it as her former "male" side coming out. Genetically she was probably born male which is who Boss targets, cheating or disloyal males. What's weird though is if that IS the case then who is she being disloyal to? The story brought out how she was hurt and disappeared for a while in which case everyone thought she was dead.
******AGAIN, POTENTIAL SPOILERS*******

Boss was targeting any male that was in some way or another hindering further procreation of the human race. In other words anyone that was holding up reproduction in any way was targeted. Hence why Erica might be targeted if she was indeed a he at one point.

Alea Iacta Est
MAL

Awesome pic provided by Dirty130
bigbear2face is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:05 AM   #24
Ryot Control

Ryot Control's Gamercard

There is so many damn innuendos about Ericka once you are actually looking for them, its not even funny.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:25 AM   #25
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Catherine all the way for me. Her true ending is drool-inducing.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:21 AM   #26
BigBoyByrne

BigBoyByrne's Gamercard
If I had to choose either Catherine or Katherine. I'd choose Catherine. Despite being crazy, she's got the looks and encourages a free lifestyle.

I'll clear some things about Erica up. Spoilers about Erica below. Don't read if you haven't played yet!

Hints about Erica's sex-change were dropped all throughout the game.

-When Toby started getting attached to her, the other guys felt uneasy and said they'd have to do something about it.
-Erica gives some advice to Vincent about the way to a woman's heart, and he replies that he'd feel at ease if that actually was coming from a woman.
-In a discussion about women's wrestling, Erica says she should try out, and Vincent states they wouldn't let in in the first place.
-After Toby loses his "V-Card" to Erica, he tells the others (who are absolutely in shock) that it was "kind of weird", though he isn't sure why. She begins to have nightmares (despite never been seen in the stages), and Toby says "Gender must not matter" and Orlando mumbles "I'm not so sure..."
-In the True Lover ending, Toby shouts "Ahhh! The other guys knew you as Eric back in school!"
-Her sex change is implied to have happened after school when she "disappeared" for a long duration of time (to stay with a friend). It's possible that she disappeared as Eric, and returned as Erica.

Regardless, I'd still hook up with Erica. :P
BigBoyByrne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:34 AM   #27
cgrascal

OneOfAKind055's Gamercard
Katherine. I'm not one for shallow flings which Catherine is pretty much.
cgrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:32 PM   #28
KayCeaEffahless

Location: Climbing the insurmountable mental peak...Still got a ways to go (. ▽ `.)ノ

Statikc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke391 View Post
+1...................
Me and you would definitely get along.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:07 AM   #29
Cornkid

Cornkid's Gamercard
Definitely Catherine! Though if Erica was a natural woman she would definitely be my first choice instead.
Cornkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:13 AM   #30
JacuzziiLesbian

JacuzziiLesbian's Gamercard
Katherine!
I bet there is a beast in there. Nothing better a woman who knows how to take control.
JacuzziiLesbian is offline   Reply With Quote