PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Dead Rising
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-28-2011, 02:39 AM   #1
relauby

relauby's Gamercard
What did you do while waiting for 7-Day Survivor?

I'm just sitting here waiting for my 7-Day Survivor achievement to unlock, while occasionally pressing X, and I was wondering what you guys did or plan to do while waiting.

So far, I'm about 3 and a half hours in and I've spent most of the time signing up for a forum on some other site and talking there. I also have a few books with me, some podcasts with me to listen to and a DVD (Black Belt Jones) I might watch if I think my computer can handle playing a movie and me checking FAQs every now and then.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:07 AM   #2
dill icioius

dill icious's Gamercard
netflix. talked to my roommates. played something else on another system. be careful though, i ended up having to do two runs. i let myself get too hungry and didn't pay attention. i ended up eating while frank "starved". ironic?
dill icioius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:28 AM   #3
relauby

relauby's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dill icioius View Post
netflix. talked to my roommates. played something else on another system. be careful though, i ended up having to do two runs. i let myself get too hungry and didn't pay attention. i ended up eating while frank "starved". ironic?
Yeah, I just died six and a half hours in. Not as crushing as I thought it would be, I just kinda shrugged and started over.

EDIT: You know what, I take it back. After playing for another 6 and a half hours to get where I was, and knowing I could be within an hour of the achievement, it is crushing. I was just too tired to realize last night.

Last edited by relauby; 07-28-2011 at 10:34 AM.
relauby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:45 AM   #4
NocturneManiac

ChronoAssassin's Gamercard
I just did watched TV, surfed the web, other things around the house. All you really have to do is get somewhere 100% safe, then have your controller on Auto-Shut off (obviously without a play n charge cord plugged in) after you've topped off Frank's health. The controller will be your timer and shut off at around the time Frank will be needing another boost soon. All I had to do was switch my TV over from game when I had time to kill and then just flip back once I noticed my controller was out or happened to be aware of the time that had passed.

NocturneManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:20 AM   #5
piwo4me

piwo4me's Gamercard
Picture in picture is key and don't fall asleep.

Add me on TrueAchievements.com
piwo4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:07 PM   #6
X360A Sam

X360A Sam's Gamercard
i planned out everything i was going to do after it nothing got done

gears 1 - gears 2 - army of two - mortal kombat - mortal kombat vs dcu - deadrising 2 - facebreaker - halo 3 ODST - Halo wars - Halo 3 - marvel vs capcom 3 - overlord 1 & 2 (if 2 has boostable achs) - ghost recon advanced warfighter - tom clancy's rainbow 6 vegas 1 & 2 - forza motersport 2 - the orange box (tf2) - fuzion frenzy 2 - aliens vs predator - saints row - pes 6 - brutal legend - left 4 dead - unreal tornament 3 - shadowrun (!!!!).
X360A Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:32 PM   #7
Sirfacee

sirfacee's Gamercard
i always get attacked b the damn zombies -- maybe im just bad. making my 5th and final attempt soon. any guides?
Old 09-08-2011, 12:21 AM   #8
Jiga.Puzzle.5

Location: "AND THE PUDDING HAS JUST BEEN KNOCKED OVER...THIS IS NOT TRADITION"

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirfacee View Post
i always get attacked b the damn zombies -- maybe im just bad. making my 5th and final attempt soon. any guides?
There are one's in the achievement guide for this game and a great one on youtube. Do you have the food books?

I went about my day really. Started at 7 AM cleaned around the house,played with my son,watched some football,picked my wife up from work,and was done by the time I put my son too bed.

Nearly died while picking my wife up from work. Got back with 20 seconds too spare.
Jiga.Puzzle.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:41 AM   #9
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I stuck with the 17day Survivor Guide on Youtube, whenever I was waiting to eat something I'd skip ahead to see what was next. I had to do some things differently than he did...and I actually ended up better for the most part. I ended up with less overall damage than what he took ;>__> though when I made it to the 6th day, I had enough food to last 24+ hours so I just stopped using the guide and stayed in Ned's Knitnackery for the remaining day.

While I was doing that, I did stuff around the house, watched something on the computer and kept myself occupied. I never got close to death this runthrough, so I'm proud =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenderPowguin View Post
I'll support any post of CrazyMv94's that isn't whining from lack of social connection.
TVthePunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:13 PM   #10
bblcreator8790

bblcreator8790's Gamercard

I played some Portal 2 custom maps on my PC.
bblcreator8790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:31 PM   #11
Ragnarok1986

Ragnarok1986's Gamercard

Smallville season 4 argument with the other half the time flew

Follow me on Twitter
Ragnarok1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:39 AM   #12
d0ct0rscarecr0w

d0ct0rscarecr0w's Gamercard

I used a timer to make sure I checked it every 19 minutes and played a game on my DS, read a book, or watched TV I did a bunch of things seeing as it took 14 hours. sometimes i would snipe zombies heads in the game or run in circles shooting the zombies with a squirt gun.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:00 PM   #13
RF117

I was playing Call of Duty, on my second account in the next room. I would then check on Dead Rising every time a match would end (7-10 min).

7 Day Survivor achievement was a pain to complete, not hard in any way just time consuming.
RF117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:55 AM   #14
Guitar LInc0ln

Guitar LInc0ln's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
I was eating pizza with a friend.

Guitar LInc0ln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:21 AM   #15
Dawn Zombie

Dawn Zombie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Living out my zombie fantasy. Played every hour of it and enjoyed it.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:57 PM   #16
Dangerous Brian

dangerousb2009's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Zombie View Post
Someone actually played this all the way through? LOLZ

I have done many shameful and idiotic things for achievements. I have fullfilled 1000 wishes, COMPLETED Dr. Robotnics MBM, paid 8m for a tour of a bullet, fought the cave glitch (damn Two Worlds), completed the same game 4 times, played Risen. I even paid 12 for Avatar TLA: TBE, played it for 2 mins and traded it back in. And the most shameful thing, I regret nothing!
Dangerous Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:47 PM   #17
ScaRy ShiZniT

ShiZniT's Gamercard
Ima do my run through soon i did it about 2years ago and lasted 5days but got bored so i quit i wish i hadnt now any tips and OT: played all of it and hated it after day 2 lol.
ScaRy ShiZniT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:12 PM   #18
Armakuni

Send a message via ICQ to Armakuni Send a message via MSN to Armakuni

Armakuni K's Gamercard
I did this nearly three years ago, but as I remember it I had to work for it (except the last couple of hours when I had my inventory full with food. Is there some glitch in the guide or what, since it seems like you didn't gave to spend time with the game other than feeding frank?
Old 10-25-2011, 04:56 PM   #19
THE D ZASTA

CHERRY CHEERIOS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armakuni View Post
I did this nearly three years ago, but as I remember it I had to work for it (except the last couple of hours when I had my inventory full with food. Is there some glitch in the guide or what, since it seems like you didn't gave to spend time with the game other than feeding frank?
Nope no glitch just need to get on top of a bookshelf and horde all of your food there so that you don't have to move around and download a timer on your PC so you can watch TV and Frank won't die.

So far I've watched three episodes of WWE that I was behind on, right now I'm watching Nightmare Before Christmas and I'm going to watch Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Hopefully that will be enough to get to 7 days I'm almost to day 6 right now.

Done!

Last edited by THE D ZASTA; 10-26-2011 at 09:41 PM.
THE D ZASTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:48 AM   #20
bp42069

bp42069's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVthePunisher View Post
I stuck with the 17day Survivor Guide on Youtube, whenever I was waiting to eat something I'd skip ahead to see what was next. I had to do some things differently than he did...and I actually ended up better for the most part. I ended up with less overall damage than what he took ;>__> though when I made it to the 6th day, I had enough food to last 24+ hours so I just stopped using the guide and stayed in Ned's Knitnackery for the remaining day.

While I was doing that, I did stuff around the house, watched something on the computer and kept myself occupied. I never got close to death this runthrough, so I'm proud =)
I think I made that, unless someone else put up another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Brian View Post
Someone actually played this all the way through? LOLZ

About as maxed out as it gets now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Zombie View Post
I did as well!

Dead Rising Survivalist:
17d 6h 58m, 5th in the world!!!!!!
bp42069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:46 AM   #21
KayCeaEffahless

Location: Climbing the insurmountable mental peak...Still got a ways to go (. ▽ `.)ノ

Statikc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I posted in this forum and several others>,>. I'm currently attempting this right now, and so far it's not too bad. But it will be a long haul of an achievement to say the least
Old 12-14-2011, 11:00 AM   #22
notpennysboat11

notpennysboat11's Gamercard
I watched tv and had a stop watch go off every 18 mins so i could switch back on and quickly eat another item of food it was like having a Frank tamagotchi!!
notpennysboat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:00 PM   #23
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp42069 View Post
I think I made that, unless someone else put up another.
Yes, it was your guide. A few times I had to return for the megabuster and ended up slightly off schedule for what I needed to be, so I had to skip a survivor or two but all I wanted was 7 day survivor. Thanks to your guide, around the sixth day I just settled into the Knicknackeries or whatever it's named, the store with the swords and battle axe (antique store)...watched the clock, waited for my achievement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenderPowguin View Post
I'll support any post of CrazyMv94's that isn't whining from lack of social connection.
TVthePunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:01 AM   #24
KingRep

Repking's Gamercard
im thinking about doing this long haul of an achieve and from the looks of it i gonna have to find something to keep me busy. btw it is a 14 hour achieve right?
FEAR Files 945/1000
Completed Retail:26

Last edited by KingRep; 12-19-2011 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Grammar
KingRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:25 PM   #25
AttendantAsh

AttendantAsh's Gamercard
What I did was watch a lot of Netflix's and play around on the internet. Yes this is a 14 hour long achievement. Yes it sucks to do but the laser sword is a in game item that I always wanted.
AttendantAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:40 PM   #26
ASUnknown

Angry

I was just reading lots of reviews, listening to music and working out a plan for what to do once I had to start moving again, but then I made the foolish mistake of entering the Security Room to get a new Mega Buster when I had a good 1-2 days worth of food dumped in Ned's Knicknackery. I was about 6 hours in. The worst thing was, I had 150 shots left and I really did not need a new Mega Buster. Oh well, at least I know not to do it next time...
ASUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #27
SevenJesterHats

SevenJesterHats's Gamercard
basically i had a day off work got up early (just for this achievement lol) started the achievement then i just stayed in my house all day.. cleaning, cooking, watchin telly just normal every day things with my dead rising game in clear view

SevenJesterHats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:09 AM   #28
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AttendantAsh View Post
What I did was watch a lot of Netflix's and play around on the internet. Yes this is a 14 hour long achievement. Yes it sucks to do but the laser sword is a in game item that I always wanted.

I'm going for the ''Strike'' achivement at the beggining of 72 Hour Mode. next then in Overtime Mode ''Hella Copta'', and ''Perfect gunner''.

Then back to 72 hour mode to do the achivement I always reggreted never getting ''Zombie genocider'' just so I can get the Mega Man Buster to one day go for the ''Saint'' achivement. Then start up a new 72 hour mode to go after ''PP Collector'' (I already got most of the PP pics written down so I can just go were I need to to take a picture. I did not want to use a guide for this,I went store to store in Al Fresko Plaza,Wonderland Plaza,and the upstairs in Entrance Plaza. I also went to the gun store in North Plaza,and pics in Lesuire Park. I also nabbed a pic in the butcher shop in the Maitenece Tunnels. So I still have to explore downstairs Entrance Plaza,Paradise Plaza and North Plaza. Also the pic of the statue of the dried up fountain in North Plaza )

After all of that I want to do Infinite mode to get that Laser Sword (Light Saber). I think I'll go after 7 day survivor after all.

To every one theres a glitch I've heard about The Food Court were the game freezes on and after the 4th day if you go inside it. So I'd say rack up all the food you can from there before the 4th day to avoid this.

Also. Yes the safest place in the game is the Antique shop in The Entrance Plaza. It has a door that you can just shut and stay in there. As long as the door is shut and there are no zombies in the store,you are 100% safe.

Last edited by Deadsea 18; 03-04-2012 at 07:13 AM.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:22 AM   #29
Nei Debrusc

agundamdownhere's Gamercard
I talked with my bro and read a book. A lot of the time I'd walk out of the room to stretch my legs while keeping my eye on the clock. Grab a bite to eat and stuff like that. My controller turned off every fifteen minutes, so I was pretty relaxed about the clock. Did have to leave it running while I slept one time.

Going for this achievement was 14 hours of the least gaming I've done in years.
4.29.2012 - 4000th achievement: Settlement Savior, Iron Brigade

You game for your reason, and I'll game for mine.
Nei Debrusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #30
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Now since I have the Mega Man gun, and the Strike achivement,perfect gunner,Unbreakable,Hella Copter,ETC so I'm ready....I just have to use a guide first that way I can do this once and once only. This achivement and the 5 day survivor I want pretty badly. The two achivements I dread right now is ''Saint'' and ''Transmissionary''. I had fun killing Otis that dumb bastard. ''Frank why did you hang up on me anyway...'' ''Oh sorry Otis while your eating a snack in the saferoom I'm trying to avoid getting eaten by zombies.''

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote