PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Kinect Fun Labs > Kinect Sparkler
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-28-2011, 06:14 AM   #1
Azn Playah

Azn Playah's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Why is this going to cost MSP?

Is there something amazing about this game that warrants an MSP price whereas the previous fun labs were all free?
Azn Playah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:26 AM   #2
alanp9

alanp9's Gamercard
I'm guessing it's just greed, and an experiment to see how many people will actually pay for it. It would be great if absolutely nobody bought it, but unfortunately I'm sure plenty of people will.
alanp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:24 AM   #3
BluWolve
Subscribing Member

BluWolve's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Platinum   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanp9 View Post
I'm guessing it's just greed, and an experiment to see how many people will actually pay for it. It would be great if absolutely nobody bought it, but unfortunately I'm sure plenty of people will.
I will most definitely not be buying it and am sure only the most ignorant of people will pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
I am trained in gorilla warfare
BluWolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:24 AM   #4
Blitz MMCCV

Blitz MMCCV's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanp9 View Post
Yup, ive only played one kinect fun labs game so far and that was googly eyes which was shockingly bad imo, but everybody loves sparklers so id of had to play this one just for the shits and giggles if it was free or even 80MS as thats my points balance lol. But not 240MS thats pure insanity

Completed Retail: 13
Completed Windows Phone 7: 7
Completed XBLA: 3
Completed Windows 8: 3

Blitz MMCCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:02 PM   #5
SpongebobRoundpants

gamerboyTHXtss's Gamercard
Im guessing the previous ones were all free to get people to enjoy fun labs and now there going to all start to cost msp points. Not sure.
SpongebobRoundpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:09 PM   #6
Exu

EXU's Gamercard
Even if they have to charge, 240 is a piss take.

80 would have been fine, 120 would have been a reluctant sale, nothing more.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:17 PM   #7
RIIIPPER

RIIIPPER's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exu View Post
Even if they have to charge, 240 is a piss take.

80 would have been fine, 120 would have been a reluctant sale, nothing more.
I agree. The idea of Fun Labs was experimentation and fun. Not profit. If they want to make a full-fledged game out of something they made, then 240 is a good price. But for something I can't even DEMO? Ridiculous. If they're all gonna be this way from now on, there will be a large drop in downloads for KFL.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:17 PM   #8
Blarghinator

Budda Kupp's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluWolve View Post
I will most definitely not be buying it and am sure only the most ignorant of people will pay.
unless you just got 280 microsoft points on xboxrewards and you have nothing to buy

Entered Alabama's Top Ten On June 26, 2012
Passed Number 9 on July 1, 2012
Passed Number 8 on July 13, 2012
Passed Number 7 on August 8, 2012
Passed Number 6 on September 29, 2012
You're next DefEdge
Blarghinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:41 PM   #9
Coldgears

best ln philly's Gamercard
I shit you guys not, this is from the September 2011 issue of the Official Xbox Magazine, pg 53.

"Kinect Sparkler: Sure, the glorified tech demo that is Sparker is probably something you won't spend much time with, but it proves Kinect is now capable of tracking individual fingers."

Mind you, that this was in a side-bar that talked about new things that are now possible in Kinect. Point still stands, even the people that work for Microsoft believe their product is utter crap, surprised they have the nerve to charge anything for it. Especially since they said it sucks in their own words...

I have 278 completions total, and love to do stackable games.

First in the world to do both Carnival Games Taiwan and Carnival Games American.
Coldgears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:28 PM   #10
SXRXE

SXRXE's Gamercard
Since its a Labs game... Maybe its a test to see if money really does grow on trees?

I don't accept random friend requests, at least send a message with it!
SXRXE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:32 PM   #11
HugTheBear

FuzzyDonkeyLegs's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
are the original Kinect Fun Labs games still free?
HugTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:18 AM   #12
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher Send a message via Skype™ to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
They should all still be free.

I'm going to wait until Microsoft either drops the price...or drops the price (gets rid of it completely). I'm not paying 240 MSP for 50 Gamerscore, until I've got that kind of money to waste. I have 400 MSP, I'm using that on a 400MSP arcade title...not something that should be FREE.

F-R-E-E....Free Required Entirely Exceptional...ER...that doesn't make sense. There's just not enough substance in this thing to make it cost that much...some Indie games have more content than this and are only 80MSP...
TVthePunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:23 AM   #13
DigitalNinjaLee

DigitalNinjaLee's Gamercard
I feel as if this game was one of the most hyped up Kinect Labs games. I am guessing that is why they are charging for it? But i agree, the pricepoint is WAY too high...Regardless, i ended up getting because I have some points from rewards.
DigitalNinjaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:23 AM   #14
Bistric

bistric's Gamercard
It's been raining for a few days here, and my money tree blossomed nicely, so I'll buy this to spend its fruits before neighbor's kids pick it clean.

Bistric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:37 PM   #15
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
"Kinect Fun Labs Gadgets are designed as fun applications that showcase the latest Kinect technology, provide significant replayability, facilitate creation and sharing of content, and let you enjoy Kinect in entirely new ways. We were delighted to have a sponsor for the first four Gadgets available at launch, which allowed us to provide them free of charge to all Xbox LIVE members. Avatar Kinect, which launched this week, will require an Xbox LIVE Gold membership, but will be available to all Xbox LIVE members for free for the first 45 days. Stay tuned for pricing on future Gadgets."

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/118/1184801p1.html
Lord Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:27 PM   #16
TAI JASON

TAI JASON's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Kinect Fun Labs is just a BETA testing programm for MS what they can do with Kinect. Besides that this is a realy stupid way to try idears (they donīt have anything, why i bought Kinect?!) itīs just crazy, that they want 240 MS points for a testing game. We are going to test this AND we have to pay for it? What the hell is going on in the mind of the MS guys?

I just wondering about the "load up 30 times" and "do this 30 times" achivements, but this is the end. We should get MS points for testing this crap...

Sorry, but everybody who spend money for this should get an ass kick to the moon asap...
TAI JASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:44 AM   #17
QuickMythril

QuickMythril's Gamercard
Thumbs down not worth it other than gamerscore

even 50 gs for $3 is pushing it... we hoped this would be like the loading screen for michael jackson where you are basically doing glow sticks with the kinect. instead the kinect tries to detect whether you have a fist or two fingers up and then it makes sparkler-like burn marks in 3d all over your double photo. it was annoying that my sensor adjusted everytime i went between drawing mode and the other parts of the menu. not sure if other people had that issue, but the other FREE apps seemed to be more properly executed than this one, the only one you had to pay for...
QuickMythril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:52 PM   #18
[Waggly Bean]

Waggly Bean's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
For anyone that is interested in Kinect Sparkler, it is down to 80MSP from today until November 5th.

I've been considering it as this is a much better price for what's essentially a tech demo. Then again I'm still not 100% sure it's worth even that....

[Waggly Bean] is offline   Reply With Quote