PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > NCAA Football 12
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-28-2011, 04:27 PM   #1
ViVaGordito4evr

ViVaGordito4evr's Gamercard
Cool Off the Hot Seat help?

Can anyone explain a good way to get this achievement. I've tried various methods and the closest I came so far was getting my coach down to 31% where I stayed for 2 seasons and couldnt get below that. Should I increase to Heisman difficulty for simming? Any tips would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Old 07-28-2011, 06:17 PM   #2
Ellerkermike371
Banned User

ellerkermike38's Gamercard
This achievement is glitched or not unlocking very well I tried with Texas longhorn and redshirted every single player and still didn't unlocked because my team were 8 wins 4 losses.
Ellerkermike371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:32 AM   #3
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
It's not glitched. Why does everyone think that if an achievement didn't unlock for them it's automatically glitched?

I used the method in the guide contributed by Toy Story 3, but with some variation:

"Start off by choosing Texas and become the head coach. Go to roster and edit everyone over 80 overall. Lower the first 5 options to 0 and then save. Continue that until all players over 80 overall change to 40 overall. Now go to your depth chart and make everyone that is now 40 overall a starting position. If you get to a position with no one that is 40 overall, just skip that position. It shouldn't matter if some positions have decent overall players. The positions that are most important to have starters at 40 overall are QB, HB, and WR. Now simulate to the start of the season. After that simulate to conference championship week. You most likely will be 0-12 at the end of the conference championship week. You will not qualify for any bowls, so just simulate to the end of the season. The achievement will unlock after the season ends."

1) I chose Texas as stated.

2) The variation: I only edited the QB, HB and top two WR's down to 40 overall, not everyone over 80. But I did make sure that they were the starters by going to the depth chart and putting them in the starter position.

3) I simmed each week (on Freshman) without adjusting the schedule. I played some BAD teams, and I still went 0-12. I didn't even sim week to week, just simmed the entire regular season. If you think that you'll win a few games, you might want to sim week to week and save it if you lose. That way, if you do happen to win a game, you can just reload the dynasty and try again.

4) Didn't play any conference championships, didn't qualify for any bowls. I simmed to the end of the season.

5) When it got to the coaches choices screen, I was at something like 16%, but I didn't lose my job, so I got the achievement.

There you have it.
Guides/Roadmaps: Madden NFL 11 • Backyard Sports: Rookie Rush • Cyber Troopers Virtual-On Force [plus both DLC's] • Mayhem 3D • FGN Fun Pack • Dragon’s Lair • Kinect Sesame Street TV DVD • Kinect Sesame Street TV App: Season 1 • Marvel SHS: Comic Combat • Nickelodeon Dance 2 • The LEGO Movie Videogame [X360] • Assassin's Creed II
Guides/Roadmaps [co-author]: National Geographic Challenge!
Guides [co-author]: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
Roadmaps: LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:39 PM   #4
XxBlueSpade2xX

exoroughneck's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I just got it, really easily...

- I picked Georgia Tech, started a Dynasty, chose; Alabama, LSU, and Oklahoma (I think that was the order) for my non conference games. Then just simulated the season, bowl season. All the way to the end of the season and it unlocked when it was done.

* It only took about 15 minutes. If you're having trouble this method might be worth a try.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:49 PM   #5
the ferenczy

the ferenczy's Gamercard
I used the Texas method. You only need to edit qb rb wr speed rating to 0. Just the speed. I went 0-12 simming. Took 15 minutes max.
the ferenczy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:22 AM   #6
Vipermaster

Vip3rmaster's Gamercard
Just throw Texas into the SEC and turn auto recruiting off
Vipermaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:19 PM   #7
Gr3yWolf21

Gr3yWolf21's Gamercard
I will have to give this a try this afternoon. Thank you.
Gr3yWolf21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:05 PM   #8
big red marino

big red marino's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by the ferenczy View Post
I used the Texas method. You only need to edit qb rb wr speed rating to 0. Just the speed. I went 0-12 simming. Took 15 minutes max.
This worked perfectly. I did not bother with looking into shutting off recruiting.
big red marino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:52 AM   #9
blackdow

bl4k t4o's Gamercard
I did it a super easy way:

Step 1- Start a dynasty starring Clemson

Step 2- Sim entire season

Step 3- ?????*

Step 4- Achievement

*This is a reference to Underpants Gnomes and not an actual step
blackdow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:54 PM   #10
V3T Hunter

I got it by using texas but instead of editing anyone I just redshirted all their best players and simmed all the games but made sure they lost all the games except 1 and at the end of the season I had a 17 job rating and got the achievement.
V3T Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:05 AM   #11
I Redbush I

I Redbush I's Gamercard
I as well used Texas, but i didnt edit any players, didnt red shirt anyone. I just changed the schedule to have an extremely tough one and simmed the season. I think i finished somethin like 3-9 and was around 25% and it unlocked.
I Redbush I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:40 AM   #12
Topsy Kretts 18

topsy kretts 18's Gamercard
All I did was change the QB, RB, and WR stats to 0 then simulated the season and it unlocked the first try.
Topsy Kretts 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:03 AM   #13
x864x doug

x864x doug's Gamercard
Texas helped thanks
x864x doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:05 PM   #14
Elctrchead

Elctrchead's Gamercard
IDK what it is about Texas but I tried twice with other teams & got fired both times. Worked 1st try with TX.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:14 PM   #15
BroncosBoy99

BroncosBoy99's Gamercard
why did everyone change people on Texas to a different overall, I kept the team the same, made the schdual immpossibaly hard, and then simmed. I got it first try!
BroncosBoy99 is offline   Reply With Quote