Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-27-2012, 07:52 AM   #301
neeker75

neeker75's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISAAC1982 View Post
Yeah I tried it and completed it yesterday.

So I will definitely be adding it to the Easy 200 List.
Does this game uses tilt controls like Cro-Mag Rally and Mush?
neeker75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:14 AM   #302
XBOX ISAAC82

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by neeker75 View Post
Does this game uses tilt controls like Cro-Mag Rally and Mush?
It does but fortunately you can change them to tap controls or even on-screen steering wheel.

Friend Requests will likely be ignored unless you MESSAGE
ME FIRST
as I a have full friends list already.

XBOX ISAAC82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:52 AM   #303
thesamuraiman

th3samuraiman60's Gamercard
I have a WP7. play Bug Village. And other free games. I;m cheap.

Nice guide, btw.
thesamuraiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:54 PM   #304
XBOX ISAAC82

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
List updated. Asphalt 5 now added.

ME FIRST

Old 08-12-2012, 01:13 AM   #305
neeker75

neeker75's Gamercard

I'm playing Sally's Spa now. It doesn't look easy (need hard mode perfect and 25 served in survival mode). TA score is 772 at the moment.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:17 AM   #306
sanger

Sangriaz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
I'm playing Sally's Spa now. It doesn't look easy (need hard mode perfect and 25 served in survival mode). TA score is 772 at the moment.
Not sure about Expert mode yet as I'm not done playing Normal mode, but Survival mode 25 is extremely easy. Just need to use herbal tea very liberally. Just got 41 served in that mode. I could have gone more but there is no achievement beyond 25 so I just kinda killed myself.
sanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:46 AM   #307
neeker75

neeker75's Gamercard

Sally's Spa has some known bugs. Achievements that are unlocked in game somehow don't appear in xbox live. This seems to affect various achievements, including completing the game perfectly (note: not expertly, but perfectly) in both normal and hard mode, completing the normal mode story, etc.

Personally I've gotten the bug for completing the normal mode story. Got it and hyper-shopper together one after another, but only hyper-shopper got posted to xbox live.

Avoid this game until they patch (if they do - I sent them a report on twitter earlier).
Old 08-14-2012, 06:09 AM   #308
sanger

Sangriaz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Sally's Spa has some known bugs. Achievements that are unlocked in game somehow don't appear in xbox live. This seems to affect various achievements, including completing the game perfectly (note: not expertly, but perfectly) in both normal and hard mode, completing the normal mode story, etc.

Personally I've gotten the bug for completing the normal mode story. Got it and hyper-shopper together one after another, but only hyper-shopper got posted to xbox live.

Avoid this game until they patch (if they do - I sent them a report on twitter earlier).
This is a Xbox Live system-wide bug affecting more than one game and more than one achievement. For me, it happened with completing a level using only 1 char & completing second world of Beard & Beaks as well as handing out 24 magazines & perfecting 10 levels in Sally's Spa. Others have mentioned the Story Complete I achievement just as you, Unlock all other achievements in Asphalt 5, Speed Demon achievement in Asphalt 5, achievements in Implode, the list goes on and on and on.

Sally's Spa just had the unfortunate luck to come out when this problem just started occurring on Wednesday so a lot of people are experiencing this issue with Sally's Spa and thinking it is the problem of the game and not Live itself.

This is not to say for 100% sure Sally's Spa doesn't have bugs. It may have bugs but since the achieves pop in the game at the right time with the green notification banner appearing, I have to think it's not a bug with the game.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:35 AM   #309
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Alright, well I just completed Splinter Cell, and I have to say it should be on this list. It took my just 5-6 hours to complete it, split over a few play sessions. Even though the guide rates it 5/10, I have to argue that is it either a 3/10 and at the hardest a 4/10. It is IMO easier than Burn the Rope. The hardest difficulty is a joke. Basically you can just run around meleeing everyone, with a few exceptions. There is only a couple of frustrating parts that require multiple tries (sniper part in Middle East level, helicopter part).

Two other things...

1)My suggestion of Gun Bros was ignored, presumedly since you (Isaac) hate Glu Regardless it is easy to complete, just 25+ hours time consuming.

2) I am still a little cautious about Asphalt 5. I have seen a lot of folks complain about it being hard. 3/10?

GOAL : 300,000 Gamersore by Dec 31, 2015 -
331 COMPLETED GAMES (116 WP / 84 360 / 32 W8 / 2 GFWL / 15 XB1 / 81 XBLA / 3 Other)

Check out my 130 Achievement Guides <HERE>

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram: @Lumiatography < LINK
Arsenic 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:54 AM   #310
XBOX ISAAC82

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenic 17 View Post
Alright, well I just completed Splinter Cell, and I have to say it should be on this list. It took my just 5-6 hours to complete it, split over a few play sessions. Even though the guide rates it 5/10, I have to argue that is it either a 3/10 and at the hardest a 4/10. It is IMO easier than Burn the Rope. The hardest difficulty is a joke. Basically you can just run around meleeing everyone, with a few exceptions. There is only a couple of frustrating parts that require multiple tries (sniper part in Middle East level, helicopter part).
and..

Quote:
2) I am still a little cautious about Asphalt 5. I have seen a lot of folks complain about it being hard. 3/10?
I have to agree that Splinter Cell probably should be on the list although I will stick it in on a AD 4/10 due to some bits of the game being quite difficult (or annoying). This brings me to my next point, achievement difficulties. For me when someone writes a guide and puts in a achievement difficulty that rating is completely relative to a players overall skill or that players skill in a particular type of game or even their skill in a single game. Therefore there is always going to be debate about whether the given achievement difficulty is right or not. Although for the purpose of this list and the fact I want everyone to be able to find the games within 'Easy' I will always tend to stay on the higher side of a given difficulty rating. That said even I can get it wrong. I found Asphalt 5 relatively easy and was tempted to put it at 2/10 but I knew some people would find some races quite difficult so I stuck it at a 3/10. Seeing as quite a few people have complained about it being quite difficult I will raise it to a 4/10.

Quote:
1)My suggestion of Gun Bros was ignored, presumedly since you (Isaac) hate Glu Regardless it is easy to complete, just 25+ hours time consuming.
Sorry if you felt I ignored you but that was not the case. However you are pretty accurate about my feelings towards Glu but its more towards how glitchy their games are. So the reason that I will not put Gun Bros on is that I don't want people to come here see this list and start playing a game that they may spend more time trying to get to work then they do playing it or even get so far and then be unable to play it at all no matter how much they try. If they patch it and that patch fixes the issues then by all means it will go in the list.

ME FIRST

Last edited by XBOX ISAAC82; 08-24-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:27 AM   #311
GR4V1G0R3

GR4V1G0R3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
IDD, keep all glu games off the list, they're all shit and take far too long, when they work at all

i would agree with asphalt 3/10...it may be difficult once or twice, but you have 4 races unlocked at almost all times, only 1 of the 4 will be hard (2 when you're nearly done, but all good upgrades & cars are available then) it is possible that you may need to grind some cash on an easy race to buy the better cars later on, but it is very, very easy to do.

and same goes for splinter cell
only the bomb defusal (shit controls) & helicopter avoiding sections are difficult....oh, and maybe the turret section due to shoddy controls too, rest is far too easy, even on hard

121 games completed
40 - RETAIL 27 - XBLA 50 - WP7 3 - GFWL1 WEB
GR4V1G0R3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:22 AM   #312
XBOX ISAAC82

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR4V1G0R3 View Post
i would agree with asphalt 3/10...it may be difficult once or twice, but you have 4 races unlocked at almost all times, only 1 of the 4 will be hard (2 when you're nearly done, but all good upgrades & cars are available then) it is possible that you may need to grind some cash on an easy race to buy the better cars later on, but it is very, very easy to do.
That's what I thought, even with some of the more difficult races you just upgrade your car until the competition are no competition. So might just leave this on a 3/10 after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR4V1G0R3 View Post
and same goes for splinter cell
only the bomb defusal (shit controls) & helicopter avoiding sections are difficult....oh, and maybe the turret section due to shoddy controls too, rest is far too easy, even on hard
So would a 3/10 be more accurate in your opinion?

ME FIRST

Old 08-24-2012, 04:29 PM   #313
GR4V1G0R3

GR4V1G0R3's Gamercard

it would for me, but as you've said several times, difficult is subjective, what i find easy others might not, and vice versa

if others dont comment, leave as 4 or whatever you planned it as, i know it's controls weren't great, so maybe that will cause issues for people to say a higher difficulty, but 3 would suffice, i've had more trouble with an easy 1k game over the last month than i had with SC, and that was ranked 3/10

121 games completed
Old 08-25-2012, 01:24 AM   #314
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
I have to agree that Splinter Cell probably should be on the list although I will stick it in on a AD 4/10 due to some bits of the game being quite difficult (or annoying). This brings me to my next point, achievement difficulties. For me when someone writes a guide and puts in a achievement difficulty that rating is completely relative to a players overall skill or that players skill in a particular type of game or even their skill in a single game. Therefore there is always going to be debate about whether the given achievement difficulty is right or not. Although for the purpose of this list and the fact I want everyone to be able to find the games within 'Easy' I will always tend to stay on the higher side of a given difficulty rating. That said even I can get it wrong. I found Asphalt 5 relatively easy and was tempted to put it at 2/10 but I knew some people would find some races quite difficult so I stuck it at a 3/10. Seeing as quite a few people have complained about it being quite difficult I will raise it to a 4/10.
Yes I agree about difficulty. It is always hard to judge. I figure if most people dont speak up then the difficulty is fine. I always post in the comments below my guides asking for input on difficulty confirmation or complaints. I usually get neither so I just leave the difficulty from my own opinion. The only one I changed was Mirror's Edge, bumped it up to 5/10 from 4/10 because I got one complaint.

When I tried to add some polls about difficulty in the games forums, they got deleted by the mods. I am not sure why they feel a simple poll for each game on difficulty and completion time is such a bad idea. A bad idea is the entire "General Xbox 360" and "General games" forums. Folks make the stupidest threads and get 1000s of responses on "What was your last achievement" and "What is your favorite color". All of the posts are just random responses and there is little point to them and very little actual discussion going on in the threads themselves. End rant.

And I get it as far as Glu games. Havent played any of the 4 without running into a glitch (Glitch Hunter 3D, Glitch Village, Contract Glitcher, and Glitch Bros). I was lucky to complete Bug Village. Gun Bros I am almost there and have not had any game breaking glitches, just takes HOURS. Deer Hunter and Contract Killer both have glitched achievements making 200G unobtainable. So I cant argue your point for not putting any of them on "the" list. Out of them all, Gun Bros is the best however and least likely to not be able to get 200.

331 COMPLETED GAMES (116 WP / 84 360 / 32 W8 / 2 GFWL / 15 XB1 / 81 XBLA / 3 Other)

Last edited by Arsenic 17; 08-25-2012 at 01:31 AM.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:33 PM   #315
XBOX ISAAC82

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Roll in the Hole added. AD 3/10 and HRs 2 to 3.

ME FIRST

Old 08-28-2012, 10:50 PM   #316
Repo

x RepoUK x's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanger View Post
This is a Xbox Live system-wide bug affecting more than one game and more than one achievement. For me, it happened with completing a level using only 1 char & completing second world of Beard & Beaks as well as handing out 24 magazines & perfecting 10 levels in Sally's Spa. Others have mentioned the Story Complete I achievement just as you, Unlock all other achievements in Asphalt 5, Speed Demon achievement in Asphalt 5, achievements in Implode, the list goes on and on and on.

Sally's Spa just had the unfortunate luck to come out when this problem just started occurring on Wednesday so a lot of people are experiencing this issue with Sally's Spa and thinking it is the problem of the game and not Live itself.

This is not to say for 100% sure Sally's Spa doesn't have bugs. It may have bugs but since the achieves pop in the game at the right time with the green notification banner appearing, I have to think it's not a bug with the game.
Sally's Spa has one definite glitchy achievement which has nothing to do with the farce the other week. I've "completed" it 3 times and still cannot get Perfect World to unlock even though I've got the required 50 perfects each time. I'm not the only one suffering this problem.

It's not marked on the list as glitchy either Isaac BTW
Old 08-28-2012, 11:00 PM   #317
XBOX ISAAC82

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo View Post
Sally's Spa has one definite glitchy achievement which has nothing to do with the farce the other week. I've "completed" it 3 times and still cannot get Perfect World to unlock even though I've got the required 50 perfects each time. I'm not the only one suffering this problem.

It's not marked on the list as glitchy either Isaac BTW
It's done now.

ME FIRST

Old 08-29-2012, 11:56 AM   #318
Repo

x RepoUK x's Gamercard
Quote:
It's done now.
Cheers

Now we just need Paul to poke them with a sharp stick to get it patched
Old 08-29-2012, 01:08 PM   #319
XBOX ISAAC82

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Nice one Arsenic, Achievement Guide up already.

Roll in the Hole
- S ?/5 - 0.79/$0.99 - AD 3/10 - HRs 2 to 3 - Achievement Guide

ME FIRST

Old 08-29-2012, 01:45 PM   #320
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Quote:
Nice one Arsenic, Achievement Guide up already.

Roll in the Hole- S ?/5 - 0.79/$0.99 - AD 3/10 - HRs 2 to 3 - Achievement Guide
Yeah..there is not much to a guide for a game this straight forwards, but it def belongs on the list.

Old 09-01-2012, 05:19 AM   #321
XBOX ISAAC82

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

So recently I decided it was quite wrong for games to be on this list that I was yet to complete fully (bar the ridiculous hours games). So I began completing games I never got round to finishing but low and behold up pops another GLU game, Guitar Hero 5. I was very eager to complete it fully last weekend but after about 2 hours of playing none of the achievements popped for five staring 4 songs on hard. Eventually I done 7 levels with 5 stars just for the Guitar before giving up. I had a quick read through the forums and it seems it is a known issue (wow, punch the wall annoying) and found out I would probably have to clear (i.e. reinstall) and start again. For that reason I think I have to remove it from the list. So on that note can I just congratulate GLU on their Stella line up of Windows Phones games.

ME FIRST

Old 09-01-2012, 06:06 AM   #322
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Isaac, what are your thoughts on Little Acorns which you completed? I completed it today. It definitely is not a cake walk, but I could see it fitting in as low as a 4/10. Took me 7 hours total. It was basically 2 hours for each of the first 3 years. Year 4 I actually found very easy, did it in 1 hour. Mostly because the new levels are quite linear in nature and have extremely long speed run times (sometimes I shattered the time by 2 full minutes on my first attempt without really trying).

Last edited by Arsenic 17; 09-01-2012 at 06:09 AM.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #323
XBOX ISAAC82

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Quote:
Isaac, what are your thoughts on Little Acorns which you completed? I completed it today. It definitely is not a cake walk, but I could see it fitting in as low as a 4/10. Took me 7 hours total. It was basically 2 hours for each of the first 3 years. Year 4 I actually found very easy, did it in 1 hour. Mostly because the new levels are quite linear in nature and have extremely long speed run times (sometimes I shattered the time by 2 full minutes on my first attempt without really trying).
Yeah, I would probably stick it in AD of 4/10 but can really see some people struggling with it. There's only 13.6% completion so far but maybe most people just haven't got round to finishing it. What's other peoples thoughts on it?

ME FIRST

Old 09-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #324
zed1676

El Achievenador's Gamercard
Quote:
Yeah, I would probably stick it in AD of 4/10 but can really see some people struggling with it. There's only 13.6% completion so far but maybe most people just haven't got round to finishing it. What's other peoples thoughts on it?
I'd say put it on the list, its not overall too hard and if i can finish it anybody can lol.

zed1676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:28 AM   #325
sanger

Sangriaz's Gamercard

Quote:
The game is extremely simple with only a few speed run levels being difficult. I'd agree with AD of 4/10 or 3/10 and completion time of around 4 hours. I think many people were put off by the achievement syncing issue that happened around launch of Sally's Spa and Little Acorns and that's the reason there are not too many completions on this game.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:28 AM   #326
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanger View Post
The game is extremely simple with only a few speed run levels being difficult. I'd agree with AD of 4/10 or 3/10 and completion time of around 4 hours. I think many people were put off by the achievement syncing issue that happened around launch of Sally's Spa and Little Acorns and that's the reason there are not too many completions on this game.
I dont know about 4 hours (for a base time) The seems like a stretch. There is 80 levels. You only spend 3 minutes on each level? I thought personally I was doing very well at the game and it took me about 7 hours. In the achievement guide, I put 5-9 hours. Havent got any feedback though. Maybe 4-8?

Old 09-04-2012, 07:44 AM   #327
sanger

Sangriaz's Gamercard

Quote:
I dont know about 4 hours (for a base time) The seems like a stretch. There is 80 levels. You only spend 3 minutes on each level? I thought personally I was doing very well at the game and it took me about 7 hours. In the achievement guide, I put 5-9 hours. Havent got any feedback though. Maybe 4-8?
Maybe I played longer than 4 hours and remembering it wrong. I do know that I finished the game spread over 2 days and couldn't have played more than 5 hours because I played a bit starting late afternoon and then finished in the morning during my commute to work. I think you can leave it at 5-9 hours since it will vary depending on how many retries you take for the speed runs.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:53 AM   #328
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

OK a few things that may help improve the list!:

1) I have created guides for Ghostscape and Gerbil Physics which can be linked.

2) I have recently completed Assassin's Creed. I personally did not find it boring at all, and it sure didnt take me over 10 hours to complete it. I also played the game on easy, and I dont think it is a 4/10 difficulty, I would put it at a 3/10, just because the camera angle and controls make some parts highly precise.

3) I have also recently completed Hydro Thunder GO. The game is very easy and I am horrible at racing game in general. The tilt controls are very fluid. I would also say the difficulty for the game is 3/10 as well, not 4/10. It took me only 3 hours to polish off. I would say the guide is off on completion time. I would say adjust it to 3-5 hours based on my experience.

Any others agree / disagree with # 2 or #3 ?

Old 09-08-2012, 08:56 AM   #329
GR4V1G0R3

GR4V1G0R3's Gamercard

#3 agreed,
however,
with #2 it's difficulty should be ?/10, because to be honest, you never know how much luck youre going to have with the controls from one minute to the next, and i often found myself having to switch between control methods just to get the nob to behave for 2 minutes, only to have to switch back soon after for the very same reason.....shame i have to play the crap again for the combo achievement, hopefully it sticks this time grmbl.

121 games completed
Old 09-08-2012, 10:08 AM   #330
XBOX ISAAC82

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Quote:
OK a few things that may help improve the list!:

1) I have created guides for Ghostscape and Gerbil Physics which can be linked.

2) I have recently completed Assassin's Creed. I personally did not find it boring at all, and it sure didnt take me over 10 hours to complete it. I also played the game on easy, and I dont think it is a 4/10 difficulty, I would put it at a 3/10, just because the camera angle and controls make some parts highly precise.

3) I have also recently completed Hydro Thunder GO. The game is very easy and I am horrible at racing game in general. The tilt controls are very fluid. I would also say the difficulty for the game is 3/10 as well, not 4/10. It took me only 3 hours to polish off. I would say the guide is off on completion time. I would say adjust it to 3-5 hours based on my experience.

Any others agree / disagree with # 2 or #3 ?
Thanks Arsenic, will link these soon and also will add Little Acorns. In the process of changing all the AG links over to shortened URL's to so save on characters.

Ok, so completely agree on Hydro Thunder as found that very easy so I don't know why I didn't add it already. With Assassin's Creed however I am less inclined to add it as I found the controls infuriating and didn't even get round to finishing it before my first WP7 phone f*cked up. If a few others think it should go on the list I will put it on.

Just another game I have to complete now.

ME FIRST