PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Puzzle and Word > Stacking
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-06-2011, 07:11 PM   #1
TakahashiDemon

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
The Lost Hobo King (DLC) Achievement Guide + Roadmap

Estimated difficulty:
1/10
Offline Achievements: 4 (50
)
Online Achievements: 0
Time: ~1 hour
Missible achievements: 0 (all levels are replayable)
Glitched achievements: 0
Does difficulty effect achievements? No Difficulty Options
Do cheats effect achievements? No Cheats
Recommended number of playthroughs: 1

Step 1 (Story)

Complete the story, it's also possible to get Hobo Hustler in this step, the dolls aren't very hard to find, there's only 14 of them and only 3 story related dolls, all challenges and hi-jinks can't be completed during this step as you need 2 of the story related dolls to complete the last solution in the last challenge and you will also need the exact same dolls to complete a hi-jink.

Achievements obtained during this step;
Hobo Hustler
King Maker

Refer to achievement guide if you get stuck with Hobo Hustler, I have included a video guide which Treisgar created, along with some written guides.

Step 2 (All Solutions to Challenges)
Like the normal game of Stacking, hints can be abused, press 3 times if you have any trouble doing any solution to any challenge, the sixth solution to the last challenge might be a bit confusing and it may also be the only one you have left if you completed all solutions you could during the story, refer to the guide for extra details.

Master Mendicant

Step 3 (Hi-Jinks)
This should be the only achievement you have left now, just like the normal game, hi-jinks are sidequests related to certain dolls, if you did all the hi-jinks you could during story, refer to the guide for extra details on the last one.

Super Tramp

Hi-jinks normally consist of using a dolls 5-10 times on any other doll or playing round the level.

Last edited by TakahashiDemon; 04-06-2011 at 10:22 PM.
TakahashiDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:11 PM   #2
TakahashiDemon

Hobo Hustler 10
Find all unique dolls in the Lost Hobo King adventure.

1. Cornelius Caboose
  2. Racoon (use Cornelius Caboose's ability to get him out of the cave)
  3. Gumps o' the Sea (use any hobo's ability on the tuna selling doll, he will drop out a fish)
  4. Wally Water-Belly (story related)
  5. Suit of Armor (grab a child doll with one of the carriers, place them behind the closed gate where the knight is, stack into the child doll and then stack into the knight)
  6. Bucky Bedroll
  7. Tristam Tugboy
  8. Pliny Pan-Pounder (story related)
  9. Stilton Red-Sticks
  10. Betty Bufflehead
  11. Floyd Fire-Breather (story related)
  12. Gilliam the Panda (use Mr. Whiskers' ability near him and he'll come down)
  13. Mr. Whiskers (stack into the raccoon and take him into the central bit of the level, just as entering it from where you get the raccoon, look to the right and you will notice a shed, go through it as the raccoon and then out the other exit, where the rabbit should come out with you)
  14. Deep Sea Hans (use any child doll's ability with a fishing rod near a rune sign in the second challenge area)

Credit for making videos in this guide goes to Treisgar
Here's a link to their thread, which includes videos of Hi-Jinks:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...11&postcount=3

King Maker 10
Complete the Lost Hobo King adventure.

Story related, cannot be missed, you get this for completing the story of the DLC.

Master Mendicant 20
Find all solutions to all of the Lost Hobo King challenges.

Use 3 times for hints, there are 3 challenges in the game, 2 with 3 solutions and the last one has 6 solutions, the sixth solution in the last one cannot be done until you complete the story.
Once you have completed the story, stack into the 2 bigger dolls of the Blacksmith Family (dolls you use to forge the crown) and take them to the third challenge area, use the larger one's ability (breathe fire) then quicky unstack and use the smaller one's ability on the doll you unstacked from, this will cause the fire to explode round the place, destroying the ghouls, don't worry if a ghoul gets you if you have opened a gate, when you retry you just have to head towards the gate, it'll stay open until you complete the challenge.

Super Tramp 10
Complete all Hi-jinks in the Lost Hobo King adventure.

Bashful: Find any Hobo doll and see if they have the “Bindle Bash” ability, use that on any 10 dolls.
Ten-Gallon Trawl: Find the kid doll with a fishing rod, use his “Go Fish” ability on 5 dolls with any kind of hat.
Bunny Train: Find any decent sized crowd, you have to make 5 jump at once with Mr. Whiskers, I found the best place to do this at was at the end where everyone is gathered (at the starting area).
Patchy Behaviour: Find the female child doll, see if she has “Slap Patch” ability, use that on 5 other dolls.
Pail Faced: Use Bucky Bedroll's ability on 5 ghouls.
Racconnaissance: Stack into the raccoon and go into each of the 3 burrows, including the one you found him in, you will go through the second one to complete a solution to the challenge in the same area which you find the raccoon, then head back to central area, once entered, look to the right and you'll see a shed, enter it and that should be this hi-jink done.
Sir Splitter: Use Suit of Armor's ability on 10 other dolls.
Pan Fried Combo: Again like Bunny Train, make sure you're in a group of decent sized crowd, use Floyd Fire-Breather's ability then quickly unstack to Pliny Pan-Pounder and use his ability, you have to do this on 7 dolls at once.
Smoked Meat: Take any small doll (not child doll) to the meat stand, then use Cornelius Caboose's “Smoke Out” ability on 5 dolls with meat hats.
The Rear Animal: Use Gilliam the Panda's “Unsavoury Sniff” ability on 5 adult dolls.

Last edited by TakahashiDemon; 04-07-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:52 PM   #3
xXx McClane xXx

McClane HD's Gamercard
Nice Guide THX! Helped me alot
xXx McClane xXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:46 AM   #4
XTC Headhunt3r

XTC Headhunt3r's Gamercard
many thanks on the Hans doll. hes a slippery little weasel.
XTC Headhunt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:42 AM   #5
troy0891

Send a message via Skype™ to troy0891

Bungling Ninja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   x360a Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
I feel like a bit of an idiot for even having to ask this, but, I can't seem to figure out where to begin the DLC.

I've DL'd it TWICE. Tried finding it at the end of my first play through (in which I 100%'d the main game), when I couldn't find it I started a new game and completed it (with the bare minimum), but, still couldn't find where to initiate the DLC. Any pointers would be appreciated.

EDIT: Apparently my download was corrupt or something. I had to actually go in and delete it and re-dl it and then the start up menu was different with a place to choose it.

Last edited by troy0891; 05-24-2011 at 01:54 PM.
troy0891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:50 AM   #6
KryptoAcid

kryptoacid's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide!!

PERFECT 100,000, this time!!!! SWEETNESS!!!
KryptoAcid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:10 AM   #7
Shade42

jerukun's Gamercard
I guess I'll ask here since people viewing this thread likely have the DLC, but if you've enjoyed the game is this worth it or does it feel too short for the price? I paid full price for the game when it came out and enjoyed it but would like to know if there is some creativity to this add on or if it is just more of the same.
Shade42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:30 AM   #8
TakahashiDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade42 View Post
I guess I'll ask here since people viewing this thread likely have the DLC, but if you've enjoyed the game is this worth it or does it feel too short for the price? I paid full price for the game when it came out and enjoyed it but would like to know if there is some creativity to this add on or if it is just more of the same.
Sorry for the late reply, but yea its worth it if you enjoyed the first game, but if you're looking for new things, it's probably not the best then, its pretty much the same as the rest of Stacking..

If you have a friend who has the DLC, you can always take your account on a USB pen and go and complete it on theirs if you don't want to be spending the extra points.

Old 07-22-2011, 06:05 AM   #9
Shade42

jerukun's Gamercard
No apology necessary for tardiness, getting any reply is helpful!
I think I will pick it up though, so that my friends can mooch of my copy in the manner you described.
Thanks again.
Shade42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:22 AM   #10
HATRID

HATRID REMAINS's Gamercard
nice guide dude
HATRID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:50 PM   #11
Etown Scarface

etown scarface's Gamercard
embarassing question, just downloaded the hobo king dlc while playing stacking. Now I don't know how to start the dlc...
Etown Scarface is offline   Reply With Quote