PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-11-2011, 05:27 AM   #1
Mother Beef

Mother Beef's Gamercard
Failed to Connect to EA Online?

I know this happends from time to time but it has been down for about 10 hrs now? Anyone know any reason why?

Mother Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:08 AM   #2
Rep

Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I know EA was shutting servers down for some of their games today. Some other guy mentioned that he couldn't connect to EA on Fifa 10.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:12 AM   #3
RsHu

rwhu's Gamercard
Im not sure, as far as I know EA hasnt shut this one down yet. Its not really even that 'old' compared to some of the ones they shut down earlier.

http://www.ea.com/1/service-updates

There is the list of EA sever shutdowns. I dont see Bad Company 2 on there. Must just be some update or something, haven't been on there in a while so I'm not sure honestly.

Stay Classy
RsHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:12 AM   #4
Mother Beef

Mother Beef's Gamercard
They wouldnt dare to shut down servers of Bad Company 2 surely?! They still have working servers for BC1 and 1943! Maybe they are fixing/updating them... i hope so; love the game but honestly im sick of verusing seemingly everyone but the people within my own country :/

Old 08-11-2011, 06:13 AM   #5
Rep

Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Beef View Post
They wouldnt dare to shut down servers of Bad Company 2 surely?! They still have working servers for BC1 and 1943! Maybe they are fixing/updating them... i hope so; love the game but honestly im sick of verusing seemingly everyone but the people within my own country :/
They defiantly wouldn't shut BFBC2 servers down. It's probably just an update, or they closed it while they're shutting the other game's servers down.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:49 AM   #6
xDEATHDEALERSxx

xDEATHDEALERSxx's Gamercard
I had the same problem yesterday, I couldnt connect to EA online. Called EA and they said they had a server down for maintenance, it had overheated. Checked it this morning, and it let me sign in.
xDEATHDEALERSxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:13 PM   #7
The Nerevarine

The Nerevarine's Gamercard
You thought Project $10 was going to provide a better EA online experience!?

Nonsense. Now they can use that extra money to take paid vacations.

I logged in today and got a warning message that I sucked yesterday and was de-ranked or some shit. Pissed me off, I played fine yesterday. It resulted in losing experience though and I am now climbing back to Warrant Officer 3 from 2. BS. I wonder if anyone else had this problem.

Last edited by The Nerevarine; 08-12-2011 at 03:38 PM.
The Nerevarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:59 PM   #8
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nerevarine View Post
I logged in today and got a warning message that I sucked yesterday and was de-ranked or some shit. Pissed me off, I played fine yesterday. It resulted in losing experience though and I am now climbing back to Warrant Officer 3 from 2. BS. I wonder if anyone else had this problem.
It's obvious that you're still fairly new to the game, so I'll fill you in: the skill thing is normal. So is seeing "YOUR TEAM LOST" when you actually won the game. There's lots of things wrong with the game.

You should never lose experience, though, unless you turn off your Xbox mid-match or something and even then I don't think you should lose anything.
Tatanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:31 PM   #9
The Nerevarine

The Nerevarine's Gamercard
I'm probably mistaken about the rank.

I can't believe the servers are broken on a Friday afternoon. For the record Mass Effect 2 "Cerberus Network" (EA Online) is also not working properly.

It's a good thing EA insists on having their own network so they can mine all our personal information and cripple online play.
The Nerevarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:39 AM   #10
Mother Beef

Mother Beef's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanko View Post
It's obvious that you're still fairly new to the game, so I'll fill you in: the skill thing is normal. So is seeing "YOUR TEAM LOST" when you actually won the game. There's lots of things wrong with the game.

You should never lose experience, though, unless you turn off your Xbox mid-match or something and even then I don't think you should lose anything.
I FINALLY GOT A 'YOUR TEAM WON' when i ACTUALLY WON 2 nights ago, it was truly a sight to be seen.

On another note- its still fucking down.

Last edited by Mother Beef; 08-13-2011 at 12:49 AM.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:41 AM   #11
Mother Beef

Mother Beef's Gamercard
Ok is this just me or is it still down for other people too? This is getting ridiculous im going to send them a email. I WANT BATTLEFIELD. xrdcftvygbhunijm

Old 08-14-2011, 02:03 PM   #12
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
I've been playing the entire time that people have been complaining about server issues. I haven't gotten disconnected or even experienced any significant lag.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:07 PM   #13
Mother Beef

Mother Beef's Gamercard
Spoke to a EA support person in the chatroom thing today, said that there has been a lot of complaints about it and they are trying their hardest to fix it. I felt like being an asshole and tried to get compensation such as DLC out of it for my inconvenience but the bitch wouldnt budge haha.

Just fix the fucking servers.

Old 08-14-2011, 04:22 PM   #14
xDEATHDEALERSxx

The servers are sucking bad today for me.....terrible lag when I can play, and now I cannot even connect to EA online. SUCKS!!!!!!!
Old 08-14-2011, 05:21 PM   #15
x SL4YER x

x SL4YER x's Gamercard
for once ive had no server issues . played 5 games no lag and no issues at all.
x SL4YER x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:34 PM   #16
WarGod3

Quote:
I know this happends from time to time but it has been down for about 10 hrs now? Anyone know any reason why?
one of me frends haveing the same prob with all his Need For Speed games for 360
WarGod3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:45 PM   #17
Efase

Efase's Gamercard
I can't play any EA games weirdly. I always get that same message. I can't play Bad Co. 2, Battlefield 1943 or connect to the EA servers on FIFA 11. It's weird.

Thanks a lot to Gackt

The blog where I write Please drop by
Efase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:31 PM   #18
xDEATHDEALERSxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efase View Post
I can't play any EA games weirdly. I always get that same message. I can't play Bad Co. 2, Battlefield 1943 or connect to the EA servers on FIFA 11. It's weird.
Same here, I cannot play any of my EA games. Badco 1, Badco 2, BF 1943, all of the NFS games......It SUCKS!!!
Old 08-14-2011, 11:11 PM   #19
Mother Beef

Mother Beef's Gamercard
Yeah like i said, its turned into a huge issue. i contacted EA and they are working on it supposedly.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:54 AM   #20
xDEATHDEALERSxx

I still cannot connect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-17-2011, 01:38 PM   #21
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

My friends and I finally started having this issue yesterday as well, and the only thing I've found to "cure" the problem (for a while anyway) is to reset our internet connection. Just restarting the Xbox isn't sufficient, the router needed reset as well. It's worked pretty consistently, but ultimately the problem comes back after a few hours.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:38 PM   #22
Mother Beef

Mother Beef's Gamercard
Either, spoke to another person and she seemed to know fuck all about it first blamed me saying that my console needs to be cleared etc and i told her that i previously spoke to someone who acknowledged there is an actual issue.

She then backtracked and said that currently there has been no 'updates' from the engineers and refused to say anything else which forgive me if i'm wrong means I have no idea how to answer this question, and have little to no idea what i'm talking about and want you to go away

Old 08-17-2011, 08:27 PM   #23
xDEATHDEALERSxx

Quote:
Either, spoke to another person and she seemed to know fuck all about it first blamed me saying that my console needs to be cleared etc and i told her that i previously spoke to someone who acknowledged there is an actual issue.

She then backtracked and said that currently there has been no 'updates' from the engineers and refused to say anything else which forgive me if i'm wrong means I have no idea how to answer this question, and have little to no idea what i'm talking about and want you to go away
they told me the same thing, I was on the phone with them for an hour trouble shooting all the same crap.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:31 PM   #24
Efase

Efase's Gamercard
This sucks, I rented Bad Co. 2 because people were always telling me "The multiplayer on that game is awesome, beats most of the multiplayers out there" and now i can't play =/

Thanks a lot to Gackt

The blog where I write Please drop by
Efase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:38 PM   #25
xDEATHDEALERSxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanko View Post
My friends and I finally started having this issue yesterday as well, and the only thing I've found to "cure" the problem (for a while anyway) is to reset our internet connection. Just restarting the Xbox isn't sufficient, the router needed reset as well. It's worked pretty consistently, but ultimately the problem comes back after a few hours.
I will try this again....it didnt work yesterday. Who is you ISP (internet service provider) I have AT&T U-Verse
Old 08-17-2011, 08:41 PM   #26
nightwing187

Same here I cant play dante's inferno or ea sports mma
nightwing187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:07 PM   #27
Purple Hooter
Banned User

Purple Hooter's Gamercard
Guess what, its back to the issue again today. Just tried to play online...and guess what?

same message
Purple Hooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:21 AM   #28
xDEATHDEALERSxx

Day number 6 of no BFBC2, or any other online EA game THANKS EA!!!!!!!!!!! FIX UR SHIT ALREADY!!
Old 08-20-2011, 12:38 AM   #29
Mother Beef

Mother Beef's Gamercard
I've been reading on the Battlefield Forums, and if you update your profile on the B:BC2 stats on the EA website then it can work... never the less EA what the fuck are you doing.

Old 08-21-2011, 03:36 AM   #30
papanesta

papanesta's Gamercard
Tried to play last night. First, my mate could play, but I couldn't. Then he left the game, and after multiple tries, I managed to connect. So I told him I could play, then, believe it or not, he tried and couldn't get on. Now tonight, neither of us can. Brilliant.

Both of us are in the UK, by the way.