PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-12-2011, 08:12 PM   #61
BravoLima

BravoLima's Gamercard
I spoke to an EA community manager and he sad they were conducting maintenance. (Maybe in anticipation of battlefield 3)
BravoLima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:47 PM   #62
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoLima View Post
I spoke to an EA community manager and he sad they were conducting maintenance. (Maybe in anticipation of battlefield 3)
This is the longest maintenance I've ever seen for servers. It's been going on for a month plus now!
Tatanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:17 PM   #63
Extra Saucy

Shred Asics 13's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanko View Post
This is the longest maintenance I've ever seen for servers. It's been going on for a month plus now!
It's the worst service period. This isn't a Madden game that dies off in a year, I mean the BFBC1 community is still in great shape. For me it's hell because so much of my playtime is 20-30 min here and there. It takes that long to get rolling after multiple power cycles.

-Praise The Sun-

Last edited by Extra Saucy; 09-12-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Extra Saucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:23 PM   #64
BravoLima

BravoLima's Gamercard
I managed to get on first time after my little bit of trouble connecting since then. I don't think they are doing server maintenance, I just think it's EA being crap and I can't believe it's not acting as a big wake up call for DICE because if the servers are anything like this for Battlefield 3 DICE will never hear the end of it. WARNING DICE
BravoLima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:45 AM   #65
benjamouth

the Woodmeister's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Failed to connect tonight, to check it wasn't a problem with my internet I loaded up BF 1942 and got into a game no problem at all.

It's made me think about how poor EA's online can be, don't think I'll bother with BF3 until it's had a price drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopBadge View Post
What you people need to understand is that these guides are written by people not magic robots.
benjamouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:58 AM   #66
xDEATHDEALERSxx

xDEATHDEALERSxx's Gamercard
They need to get there $hit together before BF3 launches!!!!! This is just getting old!!Unable to connect since Sept. 11
xDEATHDEALERSxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:02 PM   #67
xDEATHDEALERSxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoLima View Post
What that translates to is:"We dont know what the f..kin problem is, stop calling us. We are not sorry for your issues you are having connecting, thats just someting we have to say."
Old 09-17-2011, 05:07 PM   #68
DeanBriggz

B1zuk's Gamercard
Yeah, this is seriously starting to take the piss.

DeanBriggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:30 AM   #69
bustin

Bustined Up's Gamercard
i recently got back into playing battlefield. i'm quite disappointed with ea online. i'm gong to pass on three until this issue is resolved
Old 09-19-2011, 11:16 PM   #70
BrotherBadger

dysintry's Gamercard
Just had this start up for me today(but it had been about a week since i last played, might have started earlier). Gonna try the modem reset, hopefully that will work.

Glad to see this wasn't just me tho. Misery loves company i guess.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:41 PM   #71
Extra Saucy

So I took a break to play another game and it doesn't look like things have gotten any better. Ugh...

I too will pass on BF3 until I can finish BFBC2, which at this rate will be never.

-Praise The Sun-

Old 09-20-2011, 07:55 PM   #72
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
A buddy of mine was having issues logging into the EA servers to play BC2 and this is what the tech told him to do:

* Log out of Xbox Live.
* Go into console settings and change the date to some random date.
* Log back into Xbox Live at which point it will correct the date.

He followed these steps and was immediately able to log into the EA servers. The Tech told him that sometimes the servers don't recognize the account trying to log in because the dates aren't in sync. Maybe it's coincidence, maybe it's a tech blowing smoke up my buddy's ass, but he was able to log in after he did this. Hope this helps.

CGPsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:59 AM   #73
xDEATHDEALERSxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGPsaint View Post
A buddy of mine was having issues logging into the EA servers to play BC2 and this is what the tech told him to do:

* Log out of Xbox Live.
* Go into console settings and change the date to some random date.
* Log back into Xbox Live at which point it will correct the date.

He followed these steps and was immediately able to log into the EA servers. The Tech told him that sometimes the servers don't recognize the account trying to log in because the dates aren't in sync. Maybe it's coincidence, maybe it's a tech blowing smoke up my buddy's ass, but he was able to log in after he did this. Hope this helps.
they told me the same thing, it worked once for me.. EA can kiss my I hope they get it fixed before BF3 comes out.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:17 PM   #74
Hiryu

Send a message via ICQ to Hiryu
i didnt have this problem.... until today. but i entered the ea live chat, there are 2 things you can do. it worked for me, dont know if it will work with you or if it goes back to all of your problems. So here, actually do both at the same time , thats what worked for me:

To begin, log out for xbox live account, then:
1) go to system, console-config, switch date to 16/11/2005 or american way 11/16/2005, so 16. November 2005.
2) go to your harddrive and delete the cache.

Then go back play bfbc2 and try. it worked for me, as i said, maybe it will not work for you... ;(

Hiryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:02 PM   #75
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiryu View Post
To begin, log out for xbox live account, then:
1) go to system, console-config, switch date to 16/11/2005 or american way 11/16/2005, so 16. November 2005.
2) go to your harddrive and delete the cache.

Then go back play bfbc2 and try. it worked for me, as i said, maybe it will not work for you... ;(
Like 2 posts up from you they basically just said the same thing. It will work once, but it won't necessarily fix the problem. There doesn't seem to be a true "fix" for the issue.

Also, fix your signature. It's waaayyyyy too wide.
Tatanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:01 PM   #76
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanko View Post
Like 2 posts up from you they basically just said the same thing. It will work once, but it won't necessarily fix the problem. There doesn't seem to be a true "fix" for the issue.

Also, fix your signature. It's waaayyyyy too wide.
Not only is it waaaayyyyyy to wide, but what is the purpose of having two of essentially the same graphics as your sig?

Old 09-21-2011, 07:05 PM   #77
DARK Z30N

DARK Z30N's Gamercard
i have also been having terrible issues with this game i lag even tho im hardwired i hope bf3 isnt going to be like this
DARK Z30N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:42 PM   #78
Extra Saucy

Yeah, in all honesty, changing the date didn't work for me at all. However, everytime I even think about playing BC1 or BC2 I do the following for a 50/50 shot of being able to play.

**Only play when I know I can leave my 360 on for a day or 2.
1) Unplug Modem
2) Grab Beer/Use Restroom (because you will want to play forever knowing that it could be your last chance for a while)
3) Replug Modem
3) Connect and play until I run out of beer
4) leave console on and at the MP screen for as long as possible. I would get 2-3 days of consistent play off and on before feeling guilty about leaving my poor xbox on that long.
5) Curse EA the next time I try to log in and then repeat the process when I have another block of days where I can leave my console on.
6) Cancel BF3 pre-order out of RAGE.
7) Sober up and re-order BF3.

-Praise The Sun-

Old 09-22-2011, 10:00 PM   #79
JessUK98

This has just happened to me. I did the change the date thing yesterday and it worked. This evening it doesn't work. So I'm really annoyed, I don't have this problem with BFBC2 on the PS3, connects to that just fine. Got an edurance race running on GT5 on the PS3 at the moment though so can't play BFBC2 at all now(
JessUK98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:17 PM   #80
killer297

Suicidebunny117's Gamercard
is this still being affected by people becuase i cant seem to connect to it either ?

killer297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:07 PM   #81
Extra Saucy

I won't even bother until I see a post from xDEATHDEALERSx that has a smiley face in it. We have turned this into the official bitching thread! EA just makes me sad.

I am really curious to see what happens when BF3 drops.

-Praise The Sun-

Old 09-23-2011, 08:43 PM   #82
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra Saucy View Post
I won't even bother until I see a post from xDEATHDEALERSx that has a smiley face in it. We have turned this into the official bitching thread! EA just makes me sad.

Curious? You know what's going to happen. EA is known for having shit servers. It's 10 years later, the Battlefield franchise is going strong, and the servers are no better than they used to be. I'm going to give the beta a whirl and whether or not I actually purchase this game will be based on that experience. I don't mind paying $60 for the game and $60 for Live, but I'll be fucked if I'm going to pay for something that I can't play when I want to play.

Old 09-24-2011, 04:17 AM   #83
xDEATHDEALERSxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra Saucy View Post

Just kidding, I still cant connect to EA Online Oh well, I have Gears 3 to play now anyways
Old 09-24-2011, 06:58 PM   #84
rc deaths agent

rc deaths agent's Gamercard
Man i hope they can sort this crap out before BF3.
rc deaths agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 07:01 PM   #85
Efase

Efase's Gamercard
I managed to play a bit of Battlefield 1943 last week, I don't know if the problem has been fixed for everyone.

Thanks a lot to Gackt

The blog where I write Please drop by
Efase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:28 AM   #86
I CR0W I

I CR0W I's Gamercard
Potential Fixes:

#1, tested by a friend of mine, 80% success rate:
Go to your download history and redownload the 1.6GB BFV patch, it isn't on the Marketplace. Apparently this makes it work more often than not for him. Personally? This has never worked for me. It only takes about 10 seconds to re-download so don't worry about wasting time.

#2, 100% success rate over 5 tries. Still possible coincidence I guess:

Turn off your XBOX360 and unplug the power cord on your internet box thing. Wait 4-5 mins. Wash the dishes or something.
Plug the internet power thing back in and waitr another 4-5 mins. Dry the dishes or something.
Then power on your XBOX and it should work.
Be patient, if you rush then it just won't work. It never works if I try to do it fast. Try to do it when you're busy doing something else so that the game is at least set up and ready for later.

This doesn't work for my friend but he isn't a patient man so he probably goofed up. Always works for me so far. I use a direct wired connection to my 360, no wireless shit or shared shit like some laggy fools out there. If you run the same setup, try it.
DORITOS DASH OF DESTRUCTION

I AM GR8 @ GAEMS
I CR0W I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:13 PM   #87
Extra Saucy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGPsaint View Post
Curious? You know what's going to happen. EA is known for having shit servers. It's 10 years later, the Battlefield franchise is going strong, and the servers are no better than they used to be. I'm going to give the beta a whirl and whether or not I actually purchase this game will be based on that experience. I don't mind paying $60 for the game and $60 for Live, but I'll be fucked if I'm going to pay for something that I can't play when I want to play.

Agreed. If the franchise had good server support I would have nothing bad to say about it. It's a shame really, I know a few people that are holding off on BF3 now because of what's going on now. Thankfully there are plenty of great titles to play at the moment.

-Praise The Sun-

Old 09-29-2011, 02:34 AM   #88
Habs14

RIN014's Gamercard
Does anyone know a way around this? Ive tried numerous times to get into a game and itr says that there are no games available and that i couldnt connect to EA online, try again later. I did and still cant get into any games and had a friend on my list playing bad company and tried to join his game and couldnt get in. Ive searched many times and i dont know why i cant join anything

156 completed games: 102 retail, 54 arcade
Habs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:28 AM   #89
Get Ur Noob On

Get Ur Noob On's Gamercard
this happened to my best friend the other night. he got off for the night and then it worked lol
Get Ur Noob On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:11 AM   #90
Extra Saucy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs14 View Post
Does anyone know a way around this? Ive tried numerous times to get into a game and itr says that there are no games available and that i couldnt connect to EA online, try again later. I did and still cant get into any games and had a friend on my list playing bad company and tried to join his game and couldnt get in. Ive searched many times and i dont know why i cant join anything
Story of my life for the last 2 months basically. Try a power cycle of your modem/router. Oh and, Go Wings!

-Praise The Sun-