PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shmup > Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-13-2011, 03:21 AM   #1
ginister

ginister's Gamercard
Mulitplayer achievements

Are they easier with or without other people? I can't find anyone to try with and I don't see the benefit of going it alone. Soon enough there will be no one on the online so I'm still looking while I can!

Thanks for the signature!

Betas: CoD WaW/Elite, Halo 3/Reach, Gears 3, BF3 (Alpha), AoE Online, TF2, WoH, Xbox Dashboard update (Facebook, Twitter, Zune, Last.fm etc) and a few others I didn't really care for.
ginister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:26 PM   #2
osakamitsu

osakamitsu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
With more people just like the achievement guide says. Seems nearly impossible by yourself and really you need like 4 people. Its possible with less than 4 people but 4 makes it easier and everyone can carry the lanterns for as long as possible for a lot more points. Little by little someone will lose their lantern, but if all of you can carry them and set them down as needed to shoot and remove rocks you will get A LOT more points than if you were to designate 1 lantern carrier like some of the strategies I saw on the forums. By designating someone a lantern carrier you miss out of a lot of easy points in the beginning of lantern run. Even if you designate 3 lantern carriers the 4th should be carrying to at least the 1st/2nd room.

Strategy should be:
Have all 4 people carry the lanterns as long as possible. Once one person loses their lantern, their job is to fly ahead a kill enemies, remove rocks, and pull the electrical wires up so the lantern carriers can get by. This person(s) should also get ALL weapon upgrades they want. The lantern carriers should get ALL defense upgrades. The laser and saw weapons work really well and also the upgraded plasma gun works well. In each room all lantern carrier set their lanterns near the rock exit and help dispose the enemies, and pull rocks away from the exit. The shield works well for removing rock as well as the arm. Then grab the lanterns and make a run for it. This gets very hard near the end around room 7-9 where you have to fight these sparkly things that light up and swarm you. If you guys can manage to have someone with an upgraded plasma gun, it seems to work best here. The laser was hard to manage at this stage and always ended up running out of time here. Its good to have one person have the laser and one to have the upgraded (3 shot) plasma gun at this room. I found this room to be the hardest and once you pass it, you will most likely has no problem getting the rest of the way. The achievements will pop up while you are playing so you dont need to worry about whether or not you got enough points or far enough.
osakamitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:56 PM   #3
ginister

ginister's Gamercard
Thanks for the details. I've tried doing what you ask and we haven't been doing too bad (750k ish) but I can't find that last guy. Theres never anyone online! Its almost impossible to get these now for me!

Betas: CoD WaW/Elite, Halo 3/Reach, Gears 3, BF3 (Alpha), AoE Online, TF2, WoH, Xbox Dashboard update (Facebook, Twitter, Zune, Last.fm etc) and a few others I didn't really care for.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:05 PM   #4
osakamitsu

osakamitsu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'd just keep trying. Thats actually pretty good for 3 people. For a while we were getting around 850K with 4. I didnt have anyone lined up, I just found my group while playing on live and we ended up partying up. Took us a few hours to get it once we got the rhythm down.
osakamitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 03:23 AM   #5
ginister

ginister's Gamercard
Thanks. Did another session and only average scoring, but I'll keep at it. Getting frustrating lag/stupid people now though
Got it. Hurrah!

Last edited by ginister; 08-14-2011 at 07:45 PM.