PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows Phone Games (WP7 and WP8) > Strategy > Star Wars: Battle for Hoth
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-23-2010, 02:30 AM   #1
MERCDDS

merc dds's Gamercard
Do not buy this game if you want 200!

Overall this game is alright, but if you like to finish games like I do then you will want to avoid this game! I have somehow lost my saved game many many times. I have complted this game at least 7 times. I only have two achievements left which is for completing the game in Fortress mode on the medium setting. Several times I have gotten near the end of the game on this setting only to lose my save and have to start all over. And not only do you lose the save for the medium setting, but you lose all level selects for everyhting! That means that you need to recomplete levels 1-15 on easy and normal mode to even be able to play them on medium Fortress. That means you need to complete the game twice more for one lost save!!!!!!!!!! I hate glitchy achievements/game saves and when a game has them I refuse to purchase from them again. Do your job game developers. Problems like this show they do not care at all about the people who play their games. Evidence: no updates for this game and it clearly has many problems.
MERCDDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:31 PM   #2
eastx

Send a message via AIM to eastx

eastx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
What kind of phone do you have?
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:06 AM   #3
MERCDDS

merc dds's Gamercard
samung focus
Old 01-05-2011, 05:31 AM   #4
SpongebobRoundpants

gamerboyTHXtss's Gamercard
GOOD JOB MERC FINISHING IT!!! Now lets play Fable 3!!
SpongebobRoundpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:06 PM   #5
MERCDDS

merc dds's Gamercard
yes, i finally finised this game!!! only took 30+ hours and losing my save file twice. Good times....
Old 01-08-2011, 04:37 AM   #6
luuwat

luuwat's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
is it your phone thats the problem? i will have to play more to find out, great game anyhow
luuwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:33 PM   #7
MERCDDS

merc dds's Gamercard
I don't think it's my phone. Samsung makes quality products and all of my other games have no problems. I did see that there was an update for this game finally. Not sure what it fixed.

This game is a nightmare for 200. I've completed a lot of games and this one is one of the harder ones on difficulty alone but then add in some glitchy stuff and you've got yourself a fight for 200.

Also, gamerboy is a dummy.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:36 AM   #8
jorax

JORAX's Gamercard
Any tips for the harder modes? I just finished Classic/Easy/Wipe Them Out and am starting to attempt Classic/Normal/Wipe Them Out next. How tough is this, and how about those Fortress modes?
jorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:28 AM   #9
MERCDDS

merc dds's Gamercard
Classic isn't that hard. Use the shovel to build routes for the enemies so that your towers can shoot them for longer. In later levels build lots of the large canon as it kills everything. Fortress on normal is hard, level 7 and 15 were ther hardest for me.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:48 AM   #10
SpongebobRoundpants

gamerboyTHXtss's Gamercard
What!!!

YOU ARE THE DUMMY YOU STUPID DUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE YOU DIE!!!!!!! P.S. jk!!
SpongebobRoundpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:28 PM   #11
Falk3r

Falk3r's Gamercard
Same save file corruption error here. Can very rarely quit without ruining my save game.
Falk3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:11 PM   #12
jorax

JORAX's Gamercard
What was your trick for actually completing this game? When/how did you get around the save corruption?
Old 01-24-2011, 05:27 AM   #13
luuwat

luuwat's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
it's crashed one for me, but from now on i go back to the menu where the resume is and then quit the game by pressing the middle button, rarely crashes now.
luuwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:43 PM   #14
jorax

JORAX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MERCDDS View Post
Classic isn't that hard. Use the shovel to build routes for the enemies so that your towers can shoot them for longer. In later levels build lots of the large canon as it kills everything. Fortress on normal is hard, level 7 and 15 were ther hardest for me.
I'm currently stuck on Fortress/Normal level 5. I can get to the last wave, but my defenses get whittled down by incidental fire and the last 2 AT-STs often make it through. I'm tired of them and the TIE fighters taking shots at power stations and other things even when they have protection from infantry in front of them. The logic in this game is flawed/unpredictable at times.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:16 PM   #15
jorax

JORAX's Gamercard
Finally beat Fortress/Normal (with Wipe Them Out!). The game gets really annoying, especially level 15 where the AT-AT's suddenly have smaller blind spots...
Old 09-16-2011, 01:04 AM   #16
Graivul

Heroic Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Well, officially glad I played the demo and didn't just buy it like I would most Star Wars titles, seems ok even though I don't like tower defence games but the achievements are a nightmare and too glitchy on the save file front it seems.

Still glad I have kept the demo though seeing as it has now been removed from the market place.

Graivul is offline   Reply With Quote