PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Simulation > From Dust
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-30-2011, 05:15 PM   #1
Stevolutionary

Stevolutionary's Gamercard
The Ending *Spoilers*

Really? a 5 second recap of the first cut scene? That's it???

I don't mind some arty ending that implies the narrative is cyclical (even thought that's a terrible ending and makes little sense in this context) but at least do it a little better than that. Such a cop out.

The game is great but the ending is shockingly poor and lazy.
Stevolutionary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 05:38 PM   #2
TheKeyPit

TheKeyPit's Gamercard
Think about it. They had to make space for the credits, if you know what I'm trying to say
TheKeyPit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 05:56 PM   #3
Cashaddi

Cashaddi's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKeyPit View Post
Think about it. They had to make space for the credits, if you know what I'm trying to say
Don't get it...
I mean I had the credits playing in the background, but was there any clip/easter egg in there or are you just referring to the sheer length-which tbh was quite long...
Cashaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:24 PM   #4
TheKeyPit

TheKeyPit's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashaddi View Post
or are you just referring to the sheer length-which tbh was quite long...
Exactly. I watched the ending and was like "Oh. That's all..." and as I watched the credits I was like "OMG! It's an arcade game, why are the credits soooo long...".

I think a better ending would have taken max. 1 hour to create :/
TheKeyPit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:20 PM   #5
xTenebrous

xTenebrous's Gamercard
Complained about how the ending is exactly the same as the start of the game but not how every single transition between every single level was exactly the same every time? I feel the ending made a lot of sense, it leaves the game open for expansion, who knows it might not be the end, they could have just go into a new area that is part of a later addon.
xTenebrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 04:04 PM   #6
Cashaddi

Cashaddi's Gamercard
I've read somewhere, that they were going to release an editor and a muliplayer mode if the game sells well enough-let's hope it did!
Cashaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:14 PM   #7
sobadnomad

sobadnomad's Gamercard
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevolutionary View Post
Really? a 5 second recap of the first cut scene? That's it???
its not a retail game and its really cool beause it gave it away throughout the game, they keep going in circles through time. they were the ancients.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTenebrous View Post
Complained about how the ending is exactly the same as the start of the game but not how every single transition between every single level was exactly the same every time? I feel the ending made a lot of sense, it leaves the game open for expansion, who knows it might not be the end, they could have just go into a new area that is part of a later addon.
how the hell does it expand it just shows you that they end up in the same place every time, hence going in circles. if you still cant comprehend, look at the level map, its a giant circle, or oval. can you define from dust multiplayer? a race to get all four relics before some one else? or one play controlling the enviornment?..

Last edited by sobadnomad; 07-31-2011 at 08:19 PM.
sobadnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:11 AM   #8
DEG23
Waiting for 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I get the whole, going in circles, they were the ancients, but what i don't understand is the memories.

It makes sense that when you start out the tribe has no memories but like any human as you progress and move forward, you gain memories and learn from the past.

So when they reach the end of their journey, wouldn't they have all the memories of their last journey, eg all the different breathes, elements of the earth, etc

You could argue that on their next journey, they no longer require the guidance of God (the player) because they have all the memories, but if in fact they were the ancients, wouldn't they still have the memories of making the totems?
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:40 PM   #9
xTenebrous

xTenebrous's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobadnomad View Post
how the hell does it expand it just shows you that they end up in the same place every time, hence going in circles. if you still cant comprehend, look at the level map, its a giant circle, or oval. can you define from dust multiplayer? a race to get all four relics before some one else? or one play controlling the enviornment?..
Can you not comprehend that the game could have additional content, meaning it makes sense that it ends in the same way because they would of arrived somewhere else, you're not very smart.
xTenebrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:55 PM   #10
Bearded Bugs

Bearded Bugs's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashaddi View Post
I've read somewhere, that they were going to release an editor and a muliplayer mode if the game sells well enough-let's hope it did!
An open sandbox editor is exactly what this game needs. The levels were really good on the game, but I felt a little rushed on a few of them; so a proper sandbox level as DLC would be great.

Bearded Bugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #11
Fragarach Luin

Jacob Ulysses's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Community Gaming - Bronze   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I thought that it made sense for an ending, but at the same time the presentation was lazy. But then, it's a Ubisoft game, so what did we expect? Really long credits, beautiful graphics, a good idea for a game that never got fully realized, frustratingly, unexplainably bad AI, and a story that tried hard, whether or not it failed. Right Assassin's Creed? Right Beyond Good and Evil? Right Far Cry 3? The only thing that actually did surprise me about this Ubisoft production was that the music wasn't really par, since most Ubisoft games have excellent music.