PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Games for Windows Live Games > Age of Empires Online
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-19-2011, 11:59 PM   #1
NukeSteve

NukeSteve's Gamercard
Single Player?

I feel totally stupid asking this but can this game be entirely played as single player? I've downloaded the "free" game and have done a few missions. I love the game (as I do all Age of Empires related things), I just don't want to play online - at least not yet. While I do crave achievements, that is not the issue. I realize I will miss many of the online related ones.

I'd even be willing to buy a lot of the add-ons if I could keep playing.

And just to clarify why I don't like online play, it's because I am not good at it. I just like playing.

Thanks in advance
NukeSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:05 AM   #2
BluWolve

BluWolve's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Platinum   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
You do not have to play PvP or online co-op if you do not want to. You can play missions by yourself, but I do not know if you can play single player "skirmish" matches like old AoE games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
I am trained in gorilla warfare
BluWolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:11 AM   #3
NukeSteve

NukeSteve's Gamercard
Thanks for the fast response! That helps. I'm hoping to find out just how much I can play alone - and what achievements can be obtained. As I said, I don't mind buying additional content and I know I won't get all the achivements (not that I ever do!)

Thanks agian
Old 08-20-2011, 12:18 AM   #4
BluWolve

BluWolve's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Platinum   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=324806 this has a breakdown of the achievements so it might help you see which ones you can get by yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
I am trained in gorilla warfare
BluWolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 04:52 AM   #5
Jononian

Jononian's Gamercard
I myself prefer to play this way and have found no problems so far except the quests start getting a little repetitive and are blending together. The defense of crete booster is especially good for single play as that is more or less all it is, and there is a ton of reply value in it. As for achievements almost all of them can be gotten in single player (assuming you pay for the civs)
Jononian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:15 PM   #6
NukeSteve

NukeSteve's Gamercard
Smile

Thank you Jonanian and BluWolve. I think I am convinced to get at least that first package.