PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-17-2011, 05:23 PM   #1
daishichi

Daishichi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
New Trailer: Ezio & Altair

Ezio & Altair

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=-_sUpFKpZn8

Great trailer, so many cool moves and nice tiny teases for locations (the underground Templar city in Capadocia in particular). Also liked the almost-subliminal glimpse of Desmond at 1:50...looks like he needs a shave.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:16 PM   #2
damtalldylan

damtalldylan's Gamercard
It's subject 16. It doesn't quite look like Desmond. There was an achievement in ACB that was like ..---..-.---... for solving all of subject 16's puzzles, that spells out 'I AM 'ALIVE
R.I.P Xbox #1 10/1/08 (Cause of death: E 74)
R.I.P Xbox #2 8/30/9 (Cause of death: Faulty Disk drive)
Xbox #3 Retired 6/27/11 (Sold)
Xbox #4 (Slim) Alive

128th RANKED in MASSACHUSETTS

eBay auctions HERE
damtalldylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:16 AM   #3
daishichi

Daishichi's Gamercard

Nah, there's no way they did a three-way cutaway with Ezio, Altair and...Subject 16. It's Desmond, with the stubble he's grown while in a coma. He does look a little funny, I agree; maybe he's lost weight as well while comatose.

Yes, Subject 16 is alive...in code, as the achievement title suggests. The entity we encountered in Brotherhood is the sane mind of Subject 16, trapped in the memory files. When his mind could not get back out, he found a way to stay intact inside, leaving a mindless madman on the testing table.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:12 PM   #4
Axel 360

axelquatripolar's Gamercard
I like what the trailer has to show, but the music, ugh, so out of place. Reminded me of some underground french movies about ghettos, not precisely what I want to think when it comes down to this saga.

Itīs good to see more of Altair as well, all the previous videos show too much Ezzio.

At least gameplay looks awesome so far, but I need for this one to have a shocking plot that ends Ezzio history, tied with Altairīs one and lead to Desmond out of coma knowing which direction he should take next (and there a hint for Assassinīs Creed 3, fucking finally).
Axel 360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:55 AM   #5
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel 360 View Post
I like what the trailer has to show, but the music, ugh, so out of place. Reminded me of some underground french movies about ghettos, not precisely what I want to think when it comes down to this saga.

Itīs good to see more of Altair as well, all the previous videos show too much Ezzio.

At least gameplay looks awesome so far, but I need for this one to have a shocking plot that ends Ezzio history, tied with Altairīs one and lead to Desmond out of coma knowing which direction he should take next (and there a hint for Assassinīs Creed 3, fucking finally).
I agree with the music, i got used to Jesper Kyd's authentic style and local instruments, this sounds like Ezio and Altair are at a rave.

I am still worried as to how much time we will spend playing as Altair, but it's good to see Altair fighting the crusaders again. Maybe it's just me but when the shots of Ezio and Altair performing the same action are shown it looks like the 2 are built around the same character model (Ezio is staring to dress more like Altair), making me think there will be some quality time with Altair.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:08 PM   #6
Axel 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
I am still worried as to how much time we will spend playing as Altair, but it's good to see Altair fighting the crusaders again.
You got that right. I really like Ezzio and the fact that heīs become old, but three games on mayor platforms and some portable ones is enough, seen Altair again and been able to play with him again (with all the new features on gameplay) sounds like fresh breeze.

Hopefully he will be at least 15% of the game, I wish for 25% or even 40%, but unlikely. Desmond, who knows...
Old 08-19-2011, 10:28 PM   #7
MASS DOMINATION

mass d0minati0n's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts

Here is a 10 minute gameplay demo featurering both Ezio and Altair. Its awesome

GT: MASS D0MINATI0N
105 completed games 81 Retail - 25 Arcade
Mass Effect 3 - Liara & Garrus conversation:
Liara : Did you really take out three Blue Suns mercs with one bullet?
Garrus:Nah of course not... The third guy had a heart attack. Not fair to count him.
MASS DOMINATION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:56 PM   #8
Guitarr Steve

Send a message via AIM to Guitarr Steve Send a message via Yahoo to Guitarr Steve

Docter Peppa's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I can't wait for this game! Hopefully we find out about the ending of AC:B. The title is "Revelations" so...that's what I'm expecting.
It's like those parents who have their first kid, the kid is wonderful, exceeds in every aspect, then they have a second, it fails at life, sure they'll still love it, but inside they think "Oh fuck, what happened?"

Guitarr Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:39 PM   #9
Axel 360

A lot of bomb strategy apparently. I hope this is optional and we still can go for stealth 100%, never really like to do this kind of strategies in the saga.

Also, Iīm confuse we see Altair in puberty it seems, rather than as Master Assassin of the Creed, Iīm confuse, I was hoping an approach to that part of Altair history. Donīt really want to be again under the orders of Al Mualim the hole time, I expect this is just one of many missions playables with Altair separated in times, so we can see Altair evolution, which I think is awesome and better written that Ezzioīs one.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:35 AM   #10
Maiyku

maiyku's Gamercard
Watching Altair go from young adult to Master Assassin would be an awesome to watch Altair's story unfold.

I would love to play as Altair like 100% of the time, but since I realize this isn't possible, I'm hoping for more of a 30% Altair / 70% Ezio ratio.

Arcade 100% - Plants vs. Zombies, Minecraft

Currently Playing: Dead Space 3, Far Cry 3, Sleeping Dogs
Maiyku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:24 PM   #11
daishichi

Daishichi's Gamercard

Quote:
A lot of bomb strategy apparently. I hope this is optional and we still can go for stealth 100%, never really like to do this kind of strategies in the saga.
It does look bomb-heavy from this trailer, but I think they just wanted to show off the new feature; seemed like you could have gotten past the guards with the usual stealth and combat. Plus, one of your three pouches is for diversion, which opens up even more stealth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiyku View Post
Watching Altair go from young adult to Master Assassin would be an awesome to watch Altair's story unfold.
I gotta think that this was an early scene in the Altair gameplay, and that we will play as him several times through to a point after the finale of the first game. The plot tie-in is that Ezio is searching for seals that Altair left behind, which he must have hidden after taking over the order. Surely the last memory or two will be post-AC1, covering some the events we read about in Altair's codex entries from AC2 (you can read those here).
Old 08-24-2011, 05:47 PM   #12
Axel 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by daishichi View Post
It does look bomb-heavy from this trailer, but I think they just wanted to show off the new feature; seemed like you could have gotten past the guards with the usual stealth and combat. Plus, one of your three pouches is for diversion, which opens up even more stealth.

I gotta think that this was an early scene in the Altair gameplay, and that we will play as him several times through to a point after the finale of the first game. The plot tie-in is that Ezio is searching for seals that Altair left behind, which he must have hidden after taking over the order. Surely the last memory or two will be post-AC1, covering some the events we read about in Altair's codex entries from AC2 (you can read those here).
I do hope you are absolute right about the bombs, been just a new feature and not so much a need. I love the stealth in this saga, just walk behind that guys and stab them was one of the things that got me on first game and donīt want to lose some in advantage of more tactical scripted parts. Need to be free to stealth as I want to.

And if youīre right about we playing Altair growing up and we get to see him as Master Assassin that will be just awesome. I always hate the games about Altairīs future were PSP exclusives and shit like that. Sadly, seems like Wii U will have an exclusive game again with both characters, I just hope the story on that one be included in Revelations
Old 08-24-2011, 07:04 PM   #13
daishichi

Daishichi's Gamercard

First off, an updated version of the gameplay trailer with narration from the developers. Mentions a few key details:
  • These scenes are from the quest for the first of five seals, which presumably open the first of five Altair-playable sequences. Altair is just a kid, pre-AC1, but I read this to mean that by the fifth seal we will play a post-AC1 master Altair.
  • Ezio is wounded in this portion of the game, and so more reliant on the bombs. This is probably their way of forcing you to try out the new feature; a healthy Ezio wouldn't need to rely on them.

Second:

Quote:
I always hate the games about Altairīs future were PSP exclusives and shit like that. Sadly, seems like Wii U will have an exclusive game again with both characters, I just hope the story on that one be included in Revelations
I am really hoping that they will eventually release a compilation of the portable games, like God of War just did (see this link). I'm not a teenager playing on the school bus, so this portable shit is annoying to me too. But I'd still like to play these other parts of the story.

Still, I thought I read that Revelations was originally planned to be a portable side-story, and that Ubisoft decided it deserved the full-game treatment. So I'm not sure there will be a separate Wii U game. I see nothing current on the web about it.