PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows Phone Games (WP7 and WP8) > Action > IonBall EX
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-21-2011, 09:54 AM   #1
Graivul

Heroic Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Easy Glitch for 1 million and other achievements

Saw this on "True Achievements" which helped me out loads getting both the 1 million points, 3 balls on the screen at once etc. As I said I take no credit for this and full credit must go to the author CRX300X from the True Achievements website.

Alright, I just got this achievement and I found a glitch that makes this 1,000,000x easier. What you will want to do is start up a new game (or your current game if you have NOT used the Ion Ball upgrade) and try to get a shield mutator. Once active, try to pause the game right as the ball hits the bottom shield.(not the paddle, the shield at the bottom of the screen) Leaving a little gap is okay but the closer to the bottom, the better. Once paused, exit the game to the main menu and press continue game. You will notice that the game still thinks you have the shield mutator and it never goes away. You CANNOT lose a ball if you did this correctly but you can still die during boss battles. BE WARNED: IF YOU GET ANOTHER SHIELD OR YOUR PHONE TURNS OFF DUE TO IDLE AFTER THE GLITCH IS ACTIVE, IT WILL RESET THE GLITCH. (Thanks izret102) It also makes getting all the other achievements in the game a breeze as well. Hopes this helps with getting this frustrating achievement. Good luck!

P.S. If you've beaten the game and your upgrades are still present, uninstall/reinstall the game to get rid of them.

Basically I found that if I started a new game I managed to easily amass 1 million before I even got to about level 11, and of course, as you can't lose your ball, I picked up a double ball power-up, waited until another one appeared in the same level and popped the 'Triple Threat' achievement. Just a matter of waiting until you get two of the same power-up in one level.

I opted to start a new game as when I went to use the Continue option, all my previous upgrades were in effect and meant that I got nowhere near the same points per level as when you destroy multiple targets with one hit, you don't get accumulated points and your chances of releasing the power-ups you need are reduced too.

So I started a bare basics new game after activating the glitch, and kept playing through the levels until I had everything I needed! Just avoided picking up another shield as this cancels it out as said above!

Last edited by Graivul; 08-21-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Graivul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:06 AM   #2
Cringer85

Cringer85's Gamercard
thanks for sharing.

made this game extremely easy. All achievements in not even 2 hours.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:42 PM   #3
master_shake_350

Send a message via MSN to master_shake_350 Send a message via Skype™ to master_shake_350

a box of fish's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I finally got it to happen, thanks for the tip and I will defiantly give the guy over at TA a thumbs up.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:51 AM   #4
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I can't get it to work. Is it patched?
Bejeweled Live, Crash Time 4: The Syndicate & 5: Undercover, Cro-Mag Rally, Centipede, Hunter's Trophy 2: America & Australia, SEGA Rally Online Arcade, Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp and Victorious: Time to Shine.
VonThronstahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:16 AM   #5
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
No, it was tricky to get to work. I don't think they were describing it quite right. What you must do is leave game as soon as the bottom shield lights up. It doesn't have to be exactly when it hits it, it can be as it's leaving as long as the shield is lit. I do not know if it's patched, I sure hope not. I still have to beat the game!
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:13 PM   #6
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Then I have to try again. I left the game while the shield was still sparkling. I'll try it again tonight or tomorrow. Please tell me if you got it to work. I downloaded the update and uninstalled the game after reading about this glitch. I hope that I didn't screw myself over.
Bejeweled Live, Crash Time 4: The Syndicate & 5: Undercover, Cro-Mag Rally, Centipede, Hunter's Trophy 2: America & Australia, SEGA Rally Online Arcade, Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp and Victorious: Time to Shine.
VonThronstahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:27 AM   #7
illum1na

Illum1na's Gamercard
Confirmed that it was patched: http://www.wpcentral.com/ionballex-g...kills-few-bugs
illum1na is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #8
jeffy x360a

jeffy x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by illum1na View Post
damn. oh well. hopefully they patch battlewagon soon seeing as it has numerous glitches achieves
jeffy x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:00 AM   #9
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Patched? I should have completed it when I had the chance. I was so close but I died because I wasn't using the glitch, now I think I'm stuck or something? I don't know.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:53 AM   #10
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
didnt find getting to 1 million that hard. i am so bad at the game and initially gave up because I was up to 800k then dropped down to 300k. All you need is to have like one or two good levels and you can net many hundred thousand like nothing. I actually got one million without even trying and maxed out at 1.6 million...before I said screw it and really didnt try at the game.

GOAL : 300,000 Gamersore by Dec 31, 2015 -
331 COMPLETED GAMES (116 WP / 83 360 /32 W8 / 2 GFWL / 14 XB1 / 81 XBLA / 3 Other)

Check out my 124 Achievement Guides <HERE>

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram: @Lumiatography < LINK
Arsenic 17 is offline   Reply With Quote