PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2011, 06:40 AM   #1
Flex Gabz Flex
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Uk
Posts: 219

Flex Gabz Flex's Gamercard
Angry Jet Packs and Armor abilities! WTF

Damn just seen the 'new' walkthrough of one of the new maps and HEY just seen jetpack,jetpack,jetpack! Jesus if I wanted to play reach again I'd play that.

I was really looking forward this, campaign will be amazing no doubt but online....

Game's a Rent for me now

Rant over/
__________________
100% LEGIT GAMERSCORE ON ALL GAMES


YOU GOTTA BURN IT, TO EARN IT!
Flex Gabz Flex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:51 AM   #2
MixMaker1
 
MixMaker1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: California, USA
Posts: 878

MixMaker117's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex Gabz Flex View Post
Damn just seen the 'new' walkthrough of one of the new maps and HEY just seen jetpack,jetpack,jetpack! Jesus if I wanted to play reach again I'd play that.

I was really looking forward this, campaign will be amazing no doubt but online....

Game's a Rent for me now

Rant over/
They've confirmed they will have two playlists - one that supports AA's and Reach's traditional gameplay and one that does not.

This version - for example - had a straight runway near the waterfall. The original did not. They said in the weekly update they would have two versions of the maps - just like they will have two versions of the playlists:

ORIGINAL (which will support more classic H1 feel with NO AA's)


Version in video (which has AA's and supports Reach; despite new differences that will be introduced in update (no bloom on DMR, shield bleed etc).


Fear not, it seems 343i will appeal to all fans - past Halo fans and hardcore Reach fans.

__________________
Please check out my Halo channel: http://www.youtube.com/MixMaker117

100% COMPLETED HALO PROFILE!
Marathon: Durandal / 100% (15/15 Achievements)
Halo Wars / 100% (58/58 Achievements)
Halo 2: Vista / 100% (41/41 Achievements)
Halo 3: ODST / 100% (47/47 Achievements)
Halo 3 / 100% (79/79 Achievements)
Halo Reach / 100% (69/69 Achievements)
Halo: CE:A / 100% (44/44 Achievements)
Halo 4 / 100% (76/76 Achievements)

UPCOMING!
Halo: Spartan Assault / 0% (20/20)
MixMaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:14 PM   #3
StakemZ
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 108

I Stakey I's Gamercard
If they really do reduce/remove the bloom, I'll actually get to play the game again! It made it unbearable at times and really slowed down the game. Stopped playing after 13 days.
StakemZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:12 PM   #4
TheBDanAbstract
 
TheBDanAbstract's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sylvester, Georgia
Posts: 178

TheBDanAbstract's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by StakemZ View Post
If they really do reduce/remove the bloom, I'll actually get to play the game again! It made it unbearable at times and really slowed down the game. Stopped playing after 13 days.

I have heard nothing about reducing the bloom other than what the fans want, and if it really bothers you that much, it must mean you suck at the game. I am not a fan of the bloom either, but I deal with it, overcome it, and I don't bitch on the internet about it. If adjusting to it is too much, go pick up a copy of Black Ops.

EDIT: Now I see something about the TU making no bloom for the Anniversary playlist. But the rest of what I said still stands.
__________________


Last edited by TheBDanAbstract; 08-18-2011 at 05:28 PM.
TheBDanAbstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:27 PM   #5
MixMaker1
 
MixMaker1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: California, USA
Posts: 878

MixMaker117's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBDanAbstract View Post
I have heard nothing about reducing the bloom other than what the fans want, and if it really bothers you that much, it must mean you suck at the game. I am not a fan of the bloom either, but I deal with it, overcome it, and I don't bitch on the internet about it. If adjusting to it is too much, go pick up a copy of Black Ops.

EDIT: Now I see something about the TU making no bloom for the Anniversary playlist. But the rest of what I said still stands.
Watch the NEW video they put out - there is ZERO bloom on the DMR (other weapons like AR still have it):


At 4:17 We can clearly see a DMR going full auto with no bloom. And again at 4:53.
__________________
Please check out my Halo channel: http://www.youtube.com/MixMaker117

100% COMPLETED HALO PROFILE!
Marathon: Durandal / 100% (15/15 Achievements)
Halo Wars / 100% (58/58 Achievements)
Halo 2: Vista / 100% (41/41 Achievements)
Halo 3: ODST / 100% (47/47 Achievements)
Halo 3 / 100% (79/79 Achievements)
Halo Reach / 100% (69/69 Achievements)
Halo: CE:A / 100% (44/44 Achievements)
Halo 4 / 100% (76/76 Achievements)

UPCOMING!
Halo: Spartan Assault / 0% (20/20)
MixMaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:55 PM   #6
TheBDanAbstract
 
TheBDanAbstract's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sylvester, Georgia
Posts: 178

TheBDanAbstract's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMaker1 View Post
Watch the NEW video they put out - there is ZERO bloom on the DMR (other weapons like AR still have it):

Halo: Anniversary Damnation Gameplay - YouTube

At 4:17 We can clearly see a DMR going full auto with no bloom. And again at 4:53.
Yeah, I edited it once I saw the Reach forum post.
__________________

TheBDanAbstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:01 AM   #7
DarkReign2021
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 3,459

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Never was sure what the big deal is about Bloom. I play the game like normal and don't even notice it. It's no different than a learning curve in any other game. You deal with it, get used to it, and eventually it becomes second nature.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:18 AM   #8
DEG23
Wanderlusting
 
DEG23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 4,298

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Madhatters13
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
Never was sure what the big deal is about Bloom. I play the game like normal and don't even notice it. It's no different than a learning curve in any other game. You deal with it, get used to it, and eventually it becomes second nature.
This is my thought exactly, i'm reading this thread wondering what bloom is, to a point where i had to google it. I always thought this was standard with FPS, i've noticed it on other games but never really payed attention to it in the halo series, like you said you deal with it.

To me it seems trivial if you are not going to buy a game for something as minor as bloom
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
I've heard Deus Ex is a sexy good game. Do it! DEG's club is awesome, as is the man himself.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:18 PM   #9
DarkReign2021
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 3,459

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Well actually, the past Halo games didn't have any bloom in it. Halo 1's pistol and H2/H3's BR wouldn't have been nearly as overpowered if there had been because spamming the trigger button would've made them less accurate like it does the DMR. I'm personally glad for the addition of Bloom if only for the simple fact that it takes all of the arrogant MLG boobs down a notch since they can no longers spam me from across the map. But like I said, it's not really a big deal unless you actually sit there and think about it. I don't even notice it in my games because I've made it second nature to time out my shots between rounds.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:47 PM   #10
MixMaker1
 
MixMaker1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: California, USA
Posts: 878

MixMaker117's Gamercard
The only issue with bloom - depending on connections/latency is it's extremely inaccurate. Even if you learn to time shots, you're not guaranteed to hit your opponent the same way every time.

For example, I've had instances where I shoot a guy with three timed shots without them doing damage to him before he turns around, spams it, and kills me first. Instances like this turn people off to bloom.

I don't think it's as big as a problem as people make it out to be. I actually like it. But the game might be FASTER (ala 1/2) without a bloom. Either way, Reach is really fun to me.
__________________
Please check out my Halo channel: http://www.youtube.com/MixMaker117

100% COMPLETED HALO PROFILE!
Marathon: Durandal / 100% (15/15 Achievements)
Halo Wars / 100% (58/58 Achievements)
Halo 2: Vista / 100% (41/41 Achievements)
Halo 3: ODST / 100% (47/47 Achievements)
Halo 3 / 100% (79/79 Achievements)
Halo Reach / 100% (69/69 Achievements)
Halo: CE:A / 100% (44/44 Achievements)
Halo 4 / 100% (76/76 Achievements)

UPCOMING!
Halo: Spartan Assault / 0% (20/20)
MixMaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:20 PM   #11
Old_Ben
 
Old_Ben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 399

Benny Webb's Gamercard
OT, i see this is merely going to be half a game again, like odst, the same multiplayer with a different story line... *sigh*
__________________
BlackWolf
Old_Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:27 PM   #12
sean1187
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: franklin lakes new jersey
Posts: 80
Send a message via Skype™ to sean1187

sean0187m's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
imo halo is dead and burried
sean1187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 04:15 PM   #13
TheBDanAbstract
 
TheBDanAbstract's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sylvester, Georgia
Posts: 178

TheBDanAbstract's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1187 View Post
imo halo is dead and burried
Imo, you need to learn punctuation, correct spelling, and how to capitalize.

Also, imo, if they can stick Mario on anything for 30 years and sell, something as big as Halo can to. It wouldn't be a good thing, but it could.
__________________

TheBDanAbstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 05:37 PM   #14
DarkReign2021
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 3,459

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
IMO, your internet opinion rights have been revoked >:0 I reject your reality and substitute it with my own. Besides, there are a lot of series that deserve to be shot and buried before Halo. For starters, most Nintendo titles have been grossly overdone. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, etc... Than on top of that, you've got Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Armored Core, Tekken, Street Fighter, Twisted Metal, Spyro the Dragon, Crash Bandicoot, Guitar Hero, Call of Duty, Madden, Tony Hawk, etc...

All of these series have seen multiple titles released (most of them have more games than the Halo series has and probably ever will have.) On top of that, every series in this list has seen flops, or games that didn't get good sales and/or reviews whereas every Halo game so far has seen stellar reviews, the worst being Halo Wars, which still has an impressive 81% for being a console RTS done by a company that wasn't Bungie or comprised of Bungie members.) So really, until we start getting Halo games that score 6's and 7's out of a possible 10, there's no need to bury the hatchet just yet. And even if the games die, there's no way they'll kill off other formats like the New York Times Best Selling Halo Novels (of which I can happily say there are at least 5 more on the way)
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 05:52 PM   #15
US07
 
US07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 514

Usman S's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
IMO, your internet opinion rights have been revoked >:0 I reject your reality and substitute it with my own. Besides, there are a lot of series that deserve to be shot and buried before Halo. For starters, most Nintendo titles have been grossly overdone. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, etc... Than on top of that, you've got Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Armored Core, Tekken, Street Fighter, Twisted Metal, Spyro the Dragon, Crash Bandicoot, Guitar Hero, Call of Duty, Madden, Tony Hawk, etc...

All of these series have seen multiple titles released (most of them have more games than the Halo series has and probably ever will have.) On top of that, every series in this list has seen flops, or games that didn't get good sales and/or reviews whereas every Halo game so far has seen stellar reviews, the worst being Halo Wars, which still has an impressive 81% for being a console RTS done by a company that wasn't Bungie or comprised of Bungie members.) So really, until we start getting Halo games that score 6's and 7's out of a possible 10, there's no need to bury the hatchet just yet. And even if the games die, there's no way they'll kill off other formats like the New York Times Best Selling Halo Novels (of which I can happily say there are at least 5 more on the way)
Couldn't have put it better myself.
__________________




US07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:08 PM   #16
niko da bos
 
niko da bos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: milky way galaxy, planet earth.
Posts: 3,537

asari command0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
mixed feelings

love that they eliminated bloom, but to be honest i really just wanted my damn BR back. that peashooter did not need to be carried over to this CLASSIC game, imo. like others mentioned what irked me about the bloom is that i shoot perfectly paced shots at an enemies head, but get beaten by nubs who spam the trigger. the dmr favors bad accuracy players who shoot a players body (toe,arm,leg,torso) 4 times, then a headshot. i dont see how shooting somebody in the toe does the same damage in the face, that gun is so broken..

not sure if i like the idea of armor abilities being carried over to CE, granted they are having different layouts/playlists with classic or reach-style gameplay, but i still think this is kind of awkward. especially if a mass majority of players all flock to the playlist with armor abilities. what is the point of carrying these over? just to appease the reach noobs who just started playing halo when they got the game for christmas?? we loved the game the way it WAS, all i wanted was better graphics wtf.
niko da bos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:45 PM   #17
DarkReign2021
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 3,459

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by niko da bos View Post
love that they eliminated bloom, but to be honest i really just wanted my damn BR back. that peashooter did not need to be carried over to this CLASSIC game, imo. like others mentioned what irked me about the bloom is that i shoot perfectly paced shots at an enemies head, but get beaten by nubs who spam the trigger. the dmr favors bad accuracy players who shoot a players body (toe,arm,leg,torso) 4 times, then a headshot. i dont see how shooting somebody in the toe does the same damage in the face, that gun is so broken..

not sure if i like the idea of armor abilities being carried over to CE, granted they are having different layouts/playlists with classic or reach-style gameplay, but i still think this is kind of awkward. especially if a mass majority of players all flock to the playlist with armor abilities. what is the point of carrying these over? just to appease the reach noobs who just started playing halo when they got the game for christmas?? we loved the game the way it WAS, all i wanted was better graphics wtf.

You realize there wasn't a BR in the original either, right? I do agree, though, that the DMR shouldn't have carried over into the classic playlist. All weapons in Halo 1 were available in Halo: Reach and for the H1 remake they're all being re-balanced for the remade campaign, so I don't see why they can't just use the re-balanced originals in the Classic MP playlist as well. Weapons should include Pistol, Assault Rifle, Shotgun, Sniper RIfle, Rocket Launcher, Plasma Pistol, Plasma Rifle, Needler, and Fuel Rod Gun. Those were the only weapons available in Halo 1 and that's how the H1 classic servers should be in this remake as well.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:07 AM   #18
TheBDanAbstract
 
TheBDanAbstract's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sylvester, Georgia
Posts: 178

TheBDanAbstract's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
You realize there wasn't a BR in the original either, right? I do agree, though, that the DMR shouldn't have carried over into the classic playlist. All weapons in Halo 1 were available in Halo: Reach and for the H1 remake they're all being re-balanced for the remade campaign, so I don't see why they can't just use the re-balanced originals in the Classic MP playlist as well. Weapons should include Pistol, Assault Rifle, Shotgun, Sniper RIfle, Rocket Launcher, Plasma Pistol, Plasma Rifle, Needler, and Fuel Rod Gun. Those were the only weapons available in Halo 1 and that's how the H1 classic servers should be in this remake as well.
Fully agree. I'm not making a fuss about the mp like others are(I understand completely why it would be the wrong move to full remake H:CE's mp), but that does make sense. I didn't even think about the BR/DMR not being in H:CE.
__________________

TheBDanAbstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:48 PM   #19
Purified666
 
Purified666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Belgium
Posts: 95

Purified666's Gamercard
thx for letting me know that there will be two modes, i like jetpacking, but want to play it oldskool too
__________________

Purified666MonsterLogo: Gackt
P666MonsterCans & Gif animation: LankstaTDOT
Thank You Guys!
100k Gamerscore. achievement: Four-to-one Odds (NeverDead)
Purified666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:03 AM   #20
xxffsunwbs121
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 48

GrOOmY180's Gamercard
I liked the way Halo was before, without the AA's. Where if you wanted to camouflage, you needed to move and interact with a item, not just press a button and have a million red dots on your screen. Oldschool for me when this comes out!
__________________

xxffsunwbs121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:57 AM   #21
M1 Punk
 
M1 Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 463

M1 Punk's Gamercard
I just hope the classic playlist doesn't have the DMR rifle. That weapons killed Halo by getting rid of the close rang combat.
__________________
M1 Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 01:40 PM   #22
DarkReign2021
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 3,459

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1 Punk View Post
I just hope the classic playlist doesn't have the DMR rifle. That weapons killed Halo by getting rid of the close rang combat.
I agree with you on removing the DMR. I don't have a problem with the DMR or BR to some degree (though I feel they're both way too accurate for what they are) but with the TU Beta Playlist it feels redundant having the H1 pistol back AND having the DMR, especially with no bloom. I think they'll remove all of the new weapons from the pure classic playlist though. The TU update changes will probably leak over into some other playlists as well, but the classic will be pure Halo 1 (so no grenade launcher, DMR, AA's, plasma cannons, etc...)
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:30 PM   #23
Kaiyo
 
Kaiyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Council Bluffs, Iowa
Posts: 3,498

KaiyoOrganiz000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1 Punk View Post
I just hope the classic playlist doesn't have the DMR rifle. That weapons killed Halo by getting rid of the close rang combat.
They're not gonna remove it. If they have it in the TU BETA then they're likely gonna have it in the actual playlist.
__________________
Full Achievements for:
Xbox 360 - 14
Xbox 360 Arcade - 5


Twitter - Raptr - Youtube
Kaiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:33 AM   #24
DarkReign2021
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 3,459

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiyo View Post
They're not gonna remove it. If they have it in the TU BETA then they're likely gonna have it in the actual playlist.
Not necessarily. The TU beta changes are likely to be bled into other pre-existing playlists as well as the new Classic mode. In all likelihood all weapons and vehicles that weren't in the original game will be removed from the classic playlist and only the 6 new maps will be playable (though I would like to see Hemorrhage carry over as well since it is a H1 map. Not sure if Asylum and Pinnacle will though. We have Headlong being remade, but I don't really want the other two carrying over into it.))
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:56 PM   #25
Mental Reap3r
 
Mental Reap3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 45

Mental Reap3r's Gamercard
I like reach but i want a classic feel to the multiplayer which should be fun because i never played with more then one other person on halo 1 :P
Mental Reap3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:16 PM   #26
niko da bos
 
niko da bos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: milky way galaxy, planet earth.
Posts: 3,537

asari command0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxffsunwbs121 View Post
I liked the way Halo was before, without the AA's. Where if you wanted to camouflage, you needed to move and interact with a item, not just press a button and have a million red dots on your screen. Oldschool for me when this comes out!
you know we are one of the very few, i was intrigued at first but quickly got aggrivated with all the changes reach brought. we were promissed sprint, which made me happy, but when the BETA came out i had no clue wtf was going on. people were flying around like mosquitos, and i had enemies turning into stone while my sticky sits on their face.. like you mentioned i thought the powerups were much better fitted as pickups on the map. not to mention they block your sword attacks, i just felt like bungie favored the kids who just started playing halo with reach. why do all these drastic changes to a already succesful game?

you can bet if CoD added in flak jackets as default uniform to all players, they would lose a lot of fans. or say they randomly decided to start people off with 3-4 nades at the start of the game, it would be a disaster and everybody would switch games (off CoD or too an earlier title).
Q---"whats the big deal with 3-4 nades? i dont play CoD"
A---"people nade spawn at the start of every single match. it would be like mortor fire for the first 20 seconds."

i know that those are two completely dif games, but im just using it to make a point. CoD has changed what, minor perk tweaks with every damn title per year? their sales and fans are as high as ever, where halo makes these random ass changes and now GEARS literally stole half of the population. (not me, i never got into that game)

Last edited by niko da bos; 10-10-2011 at 08:22 PM.
niko da bos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:39 AM   #27
DarkReign2021
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 3,459

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by niko da bos View Post
you know we are one of the very few, i was intrigued at first but quickly got aggrivated with all the changes reach brought. we were promissed sprint, which made me happy, but when the BETA came out i had no clue wtf was going on. people were flying around like mosquitos, and i had enemies turning into stone while my sticky sits on their face.. like you mentioned i thought the powerups were much better fitted as pickups on the map. not to mention they block your sword attacks, i just felt like bungie favored the kids who just started playing halo with reach. why do all these drastic changes to a already succesful game?
I didn't really mind Sprint and Jetpack. Sprint was well balanced and shortened the down-time between skirmishes that plagues some levels. I honestly think Sprint should be a default ability and not an Armor Ability to begin with (Why the hell does an Augmented soldier wearing one of the most advanced piece of military hardware ever created need equipment to run?) As for the Jetpack, it added a new dimension that changed up the strategy on how to approach a conflict, but it didn't really add any kind of combat-related benefit outside of avoiding a sword or shotgun user. Most users were too stupid to know how to use it properly anyway. Just means easier kills for me.

As for the others, I hate 'em all. Bubble Shield was nice in Campaign for regaining health and offering quick cover, but they were broken in multiplayer (to my delight, however, Armor lock in the beta playlist makes it so sticking a player means sticking a player. They can no longer go into Armor Lock to avoid it.) Personally, though, I think they should just go back to the original system of having Camo and Overshield placed on the map or at least like the equipment in H3 where you can pick it up and use it at your leisure.

Quote:
you can bet if CoD added in flak jackets as default uniform to all players, they would lose a lot of fans. or say they randomly decided to start people off with 3-4 nades at the start of the game, it would be a disaster and everybody would switch games (off CoD or too an earlier title).
Gotta remember. Most of the CoD community is children and noobs to begin with. I think making Flak and 3-4 nade starts would be a welcome addition for most of that community.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:12 PM   #28
zerolimitz12
 
zerolimitz12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 130

Ahkamon's Gamercard
this gonna make me... not wanna play online.
zerolimitz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:36 AM   #29
TheSletchman
 
TheSletchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 41

TheSletchman's Gamercard
I am really not a fan of the zero bloom beta playlist. Everytime I've loaded it up it's just a total pistol spam, with absolutely zero variety to it - which is boring.
TheSletchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:51 PM   #30
IRONMAN
 
IRONMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sault Ste Marie, ON
Posts: 1,242

Rex odii's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Once I googled and found out what this 'bloom' talk was, I found it to make it more interesting and never really had a problem with it. I loved CE, was the best game in the HALO series in my opinion but the 'bloom' never hurt the series. If anything, it should have made you a better HALO player.
__________________
BOW TO THE KING

LISTEN TO METAL
IRONMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:06 PM.