PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Tron: Evolution
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-19-2011, 06:40 AM   #1
lifeexpectancy

LifeExpectancy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
A tip to 1k the game as fast as possible

If you're going to start on hard, great. If you're going to start on easy, then only level up to level 20 or 25, just enough to pump up your health and energy, and get the two heavy disc loadouts (the main and the auxilliary) for the added damage and resistance. Using the combo of putting an enemy in stasis or corruption followed by a bomb disc or heavy disc hit will make quick work of 99% of the enemies even on insane.

You do NOT need to level up to 50 before starting insane mode. I wasn't even level 30 by the time I finished hard mode, and I went all the way to chapter six on insane mode without levelling up to 50. I only stopped at that point to level up because I wanted to knock out a few more achievements on a day I had to work so I made a backup save file so I wouldn't lose out on the 'insane mode' achievement and switched to casual to level up at level six. At any rate, insane can easily be completed while you're in your 30s.

Only after you finish insane mode should you worry about mopping up multi-kill achieves or levelling to 50.

Another tip: use the basic XXX combo on as many enemies as possible if you do choose to do a playthrough on easy. You won't use this NEARLY as much on hard/insane and you'll get plenty of heavy/bomb/corruption for the achieves on hard/insane. The only one you need to worry about on easy is the stasis kills, as the stasis disc actually has to deal the killing blow which isn't as easy on hard/insane.

Leave levelling to 50 until last. I didn't do this but you'll most likely be level 50 long before you finish the 500 disc kills, 100 lightcycle kills. You'll probably be level 40ish by the time you finish insane even if you start hard at level 20, and getting those last 10 levels will come while mopping up the kill achievements. The roadmap says to use the first part of level 6 to do it, but honestly even if you're going to go through on easy first and level up before playing hard/insane, you're better off working on the 500 disc kills while levelling up, because you'll only get about 200-300 disc kills doing your main playthroughs of the game.

Oh one last tip, to mop up the 500 disc kills, play through chapter 1. You'll get 55-60 disc kills if you use only X and no Y/B attacks, and the enemies are weaker than later chapters. It's annoying to go through the jump tutorial at the start but overall I've found it's the most efficient as I tested a few chapters and this is highest kills/hour if you're using only X attacks. You'd think you could just go to one of the infinite infected enemy spawns, like the one in level 1, and kill non stop. But I killed enemies at one of these for 15 minutes then advanced to a checkpoint and quit to check my kills and they didn't go up at all.

Follow these tips and you should 1k this baby faster than the roadmap. Well, not faster than the 10hour low end of the road map, but that's a bit low of an estimate. Insane only takes about 4.5 - 5 hours even at level 35-40. If you level to 20 or so on easy, then do hard and insane, then mop up following these tips, you're probably looking at about 13 hours to 1k. I don't think this game can be done in 10 hours lol.
HALO:MCC >>>>>>> Interested in Online Customs, Squadmates for Ranked, and Co-Op Campaign. I am on 6am-4pm GMT on my nights off (Midnight-10am US Central). Copy this signature with your play times so we can populate our friends lists with fellow Halo:MCC players BEFORE launch!! If you add me do it on XB1 please; my 360 friends list is nearly full.

Last edited by lifeexpectancy; 08-19-2011 at 09:55 AM.
lifeexpectancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:20 AM   #2
Spoooooky

Spoooooky's Gamercard
Thanks for the info.. i will be starting this game next and your post defiantly helped!
Spoooooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:27 PM   #3
feared american

feared american's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexpectancy View Post
Oh one last tip, to mop up the 500 disc kills, play through chapter 1. You'll get 55-60 disc kills if you use only X and no Y/B attacks, and the enemies are weaker than later chapters. It's annoying to go through the jump tutorial at the start but overall I've found it's the most efficient as I tested a few chapters and this is highest kills/hour if you're using only X attacks.
The end of chapter 3 is the best spot. 6 enemies will continue to respawn so long as you do not activate the two switches. Even starting from zero it doesn't take long to get 500.

Taken from trueachievements:

http://www.trueachievements.com/a775...m?showguides=1

feared american is offline   Reply With Quote