PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Batman: Arkham Asylum
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-19-2011, 02:46 PM   #1
CrustyDirtDemon

CrustyDirtDemon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Batman: AA GOTY PC Version WHERE 2 BUY????

Hey guys,

I recently 1K'd the PC version of Batman: AA. Now I'm looking for the GOTY PC version but can't find it any where to buy. Ive had no luck at Game Stop, Best Buy, Target, wallmart and it's not even listed on Amazon.com.

The only thing I can find is a Digital Download, its $29.99. Which is a fair price. However I'm curious if this has always been the only route of purchase for this game. Has it always only been available as a Digital Download, or originally did it come in a Disk copy for the GOTY PC version???

When I get off work, I'm gonna buy the Digital Download, and hope it works. I've never bought a Digital Download of a game. From what I understand, you pay for the license, and then you get emailed, a link to download the full game and a serial key allowing you to play on GFWL (On line)

So I guess my question is, where have other people obtained the GOTY PC version of this game from? From the store, Amazon, or the Digital Download?

Thnx

Last edited by CrustyDirtDemon; 08-19-2011 at 02:48 PM.
CrustyDirtDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:18 PM   #2
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I'm pretty sure the GOTY version is only digital distribution. It never got a retail release.

I got it through Steam, where I get all of my other DD games. Wait for it to go on sale, you can usually grab it for around $18. It goes on sale a lot too, and with holidays (and Arkham City's release) coming up it should definitely drop price soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:50 AM   #3
Ninja Sandman

Ninja Sandman's Gamercard
The only place I was able to get a retail copy of it was on ebay and the guy who sold it was located in India. I got it cheaper than the downloadable version and I had a helluva time trying to find it too. How did the downloadable version work out for ya? Im trying to decide on how to buy arkham city for pc now...the retail of that is 30 at best buy right now.
Ninja Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote