Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 03:36 PM   #31
[Waggly Bean]

Waggly Bean's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I was really interested in Swarm when it was released. I was disappointed with the demo - I'll definitely give this a miss.

Nothing for me for the next couple of weeks. I'll continue to save my points then!

Old 02-09-2012, 04:27 PM   #32
Dustinator

Dustinator's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankui View Post
So have you played Crimson Alliance? Would it be worth one class or all 3? Local multiplayer could be fun...

What about Swarm? Any good? Repetitive? Seemed like a mix of Pikmin and Mario to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Waggly Bean] View Post
I was really interested in Swarm when it was released. I was disappointed with the demo - I'll definitely give this a miss.

Nothing for me for the next couple of weeks. I'll continue to save my points then!
Almost all newly released XBLA games I don't bother with downloading the demo since I won't be paying full price for it. Even the Simpsons Arcade which just came out(and I LOVE), I refuse to pay full price. Don't get me wrong, it's great and I'd spend a roll of quarters on it in the arcade anyday, but I can't help feel slighted when TMNT arcade was released at 400 ms points. Plus I bought TMNT when it was 200 points and X-Men Arcade when it was 160 ms points. I can wait for Simpsons to be a DotW for 400.

That said, haven't played Crimson Alliance or Swarm. I'll download the demos and try em out.

So far I've bought NBA Jam OFE(game night next month and I can bite at 800, though I would prefer it to be 600), Deus Ex MISSING LINK and both of the Tomb Raider Underworld DLCs. Still waiting for Shank 1 to hit that magical 400 points.

I despise multiplayer achievements!!

Last 100% complete - Ice Age Village 08/19/14

Old 02-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #33
JAW LV

JAW LV's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustinator View Post
That said, haven't played Crimson Alliance or Swarm. I'll download the demos and try em out.
Swarm & Crimson are priced right but I just didn't like either demo.

PROUD MEMBER OF
NUTRITION/EXERCISE QUESTIONS? ASK ME!
TRYING TO MAKE THE GAMING COMMUNITY A HEALTHIER COMMUNITY... EVEN IT TAKES ONE GAMER AT A TIME!
Old 02-10-2012, 12:59 AM   #34
Andreas_loel

mr fiskeh's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankui View Post
So have you played Crimson Alliance? Would it be worth one class or all 3? Local multiplayer could be fun...

What about Swarm? Any good? Repetitive? Seemed like a mix of Pikmin and Mario to me.

Crimson Alliance is alright, its not a complete shit game tbh. Fun with friends but shared camera is annoying.

Go for all classes because there is an achievement tied to completing a level with all of them, you can however get said achievement in the trial. But you will get bored just playing one class aswell

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDoggson
Old 02-11-2012, 08:29 AM   #35
SubG3nius

SubG3nius's Gamercard

Will skip this DotW also... probably next weeks as well. Not bad things this week, but just nothing that I haven't played already or that I want that much.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:19 PM   #36
Headless Snip3r

Headless Snip3r's Gamercard
Thanks for this forum! Excellent info, and saves me from having to dig around to figure out what's on sale, and how to get points! You guys rock.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:31 PM   #37
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Love this thread, will keep checking as waiting or hoping for a drop on Gears of War 3 RAAM's Shadow
Old 02-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #38
hursty

hursty89's Gamercard
UGH I'm kind of upset I totally missed Bastion and I have no want for any deals this week.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:32 PM   #39
Dustinator

Dustinator's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Thanks for the kinds words guys
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdavies View Post
Love this thread, will keep checking as waiting or hoping for a drop on Gears of War 3 RAAM's Shadow
I'm guessing that the RAAM's DLC will go on sale enventually. Don't know when that will be, but I see a strong chance of it happening. Microsoft already discounted the GoW3 Season Pass this past Holiday and they were always discounting GoW2 stuff the past two years, so it'll happen sometime in the near future(hopefully )
Quote:
Originally Posted by hursty View Post
UGH I'm kind of upset I totally missed Bastion and I have no want for any deals this week.
I bet it will go on sale again as well. It was a 1 day sale during the holidays and less than a month later it was a Deal of the Week. You might get lucky and you can pick it up for less than 600!!

I did update the OP. Cleaned it up a bit and added in next week's DotW. It's Batman Arkham City items, but I'm not sure these are the correct prices. I swear these are the current prices right now? Anyone correct me if I'm wrong?

February 14 – 20 “Batman Arkham City” *not 100% sure of price discount yet*
DLC Add-Ons
Nightwing Bundle Pack - 360 MSP 36% off (additional 50 achievement points attainable)
Robin Bundle Pack - 360 MSP 36% off (additional 50 achievement points attainable)

Bat Signal - 240 MSP 33% off
Batarang - 320 MSP 31% off
Batmobile Toy - 240 MSP 31% off

Last edited by Dustinator; 02-14-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:47 AM   #40
SicklyPlague
Subscribing Member

SicklyPlague's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Those are the current prices on xboxlive.com

Thanks to MabusScarab for the Sig!

Last edited by SicklyPlague; 02-14-2012 at 03:32 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:36 AM   #41
dang racoons

kiekan007's Gamercard
Robin and nightwing showing up as 360 each when selected.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:35 PM   #42
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher Send a message via Skype™ to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Just putting this out there as a note for everyone since TMNT 1989 Arcade was delisted from the marketplace: bestbuy.com has digital download codes of the game buyable for $4.99, strangely that's the only arcade game I know of that's available that way from bestbuy.com. I picked mine up thanks to a tip off from a friend and there's a thread about it on the TMNT 1989 forum.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:58 PM   #43
Dustinator

Dustinator's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVthePunisher View Post
Just putting this out there as a note for everyone since TMNT 1989 Arcade was delisted from the marketplace: bestbuy.com has digital download codes of the game buyable for $4.99, strangely that's the only arcade game I know of that's available that way from bestbuy.com. I picked mine up thanks to a tip off from a friend and there's a thread about it on the TMNT 1989 forum.
I bought Marble Blast Ultra through Besbuy.com a few months ago and that game is delisted as well. I know you can buy other digital games thru BB.com like Gauntlet, but only got Marble since it seemed like fun when I tried the demo years ago and I wanted it since it was off the marketplace. It was $5 btw

Also, OP has been updated to reflect the correct discounted prices. Major Nelson had the actual prices, not the discounted ones for the week

Old 02-14-2012, 06:12 PM   #44
craigyboy9024

Send a message via MSN to craigyboy9024

cptn cookie 1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
such a good thread!

20k gamerscore --- 22/01/2009

30k gamerscore --- 12/10/2009

40k gamerscore --- 16/12/2009

GT - cptn cookie 1
Old 02-14-2012, 08:00 PM   #45
Darren870

cheeziskaner's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm182 View Post
I see that they are recycling Xbox Rewards now... Just a word of warning it took 5 months and a lot of chasing to get my 5% back last time this offer was on.
Hmm now that you mention it I never got my 5%....ill have to watch out this month!

|Subscribe to our YouTube Channel and follow us on Twitter for a chance to win MS Points and other freebies!|
Old 02-14-2012, 10:01 PM   #46
TheJokerDC

TheJokerDC's Gamercard
Picked up the Batmobile prop, I don't really know why, I just had some spare points and thought what the hell. It adds to my Batman collection I guess .

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Old 02-15-2012, 09:21 AM   #47
Skilled

depressedwhales's Gamercard

Well I'm not buying anything that I don't want even for the 5% back, so if I don't get anything back oh well.

Quote:
How we survive, is what makes us who we are.

Feel free to add me on;
Xbox (DepressedWhales)
or
Steam (DepressedWhale).
Old 02-15-2012, 10:09 AM   #48
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher Send a message via Skype™ to TVthePunisher

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Hopefully something good will be out next week or the week after...otherwise looks like I won't be taking advantage of this 5% back thing. I don't want to buy stuff that I won't use (for now at least)...getting DLC way ahead of me actually grabbing the game is silly for myself to do.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:09 AM   #49
Andreas_loel

mr fiskeh's Gamercard

This thread deserves a sticky

So whats the deals for this week? still got my 1900msp and i kinda want to spend them on something good, been ages since i last got a new arcade title

Youtube
Old 02-21-2012, 10:30 AM   #50
DucknahEireann

DucknahEireann's Gamercard
Looks like Fable 3 content this week. Was hoping for something better...

Link:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Pr.../dealoftheweek

"Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live!"
Robert Nesta Marley

Old 02-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #51
Andreas_loel

mr fiskeh's Gamercard

fucking shite this week aswell :/ Already got my 1250 on fable 3 and traded it in months ago

Youtube
Old 02-21-2012, 12:22 PM   #52
Vigor

vigor mortivore's Gamercard

LOL Amalur hits the street and they come up with this old garbage, embarrassing really.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:11 PM   #53
TVthePunisher

Really? Ugh...is there going to be a GOTY or Complete edition? Maybe what they did with the Platinum Hits where it included the DLC for Fable II...because I honestly don't want to waste the points I have now for a game I intend to purchase in the future...just not sure HOW far along in the future until I get it.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:27 PM   #54
Giltec

Giltec's Gamercard
Next weeks is GoW3 DLC, just read it from Major Nelson here
Old 02-21-2012, 04:33 PM   #55
GR4V1G0R3

GR4V1G0R3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Well more points saved... Don't like fable.... And those GoW prices are shit

Not that I need any more games / dlc for some time, got at least 20 I ain't played yet

121 games completed
40 - RETAIL 27 - XBLA 50 - WP7 3 - GFWL1 WEB
Old 02-21-2012, 05:13 PM   #56
Dustinator

Dustinator's Gamercard

Okay, will update the original post next break I get. I see that it's Fable 3 stuff this week and Gears 3 stuff next. Check out Giltect post above for the link to the Major's post that has all the DLC for the next few weeks

Old 02-21-2012, 06:48 PM   #57
[Waggly Bean]

Waggly Bean's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Hmm RAAM's Shadow for 800MSP.... do I cave or do I wait?

Old 02-21-2012, 06:59 PM   #58
JAW LV

JAW LV's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Waggly Bean] View Post
Hmm RAAM's Shadow for 800MSP.... do I cave or do I wait?
I enjoyed this DLC but I didn't purchase it seperate, I have the season pass. For 800 msp I'd say get it- the story itself is short but the achivements tied into the DLC will keep you busy for a while.

PROUD MEMBER OF
NUTRITION/EXERCISE QUESTIONS? ASK ME!
TRYING TO MAKE THE GAMING COMMUNITY A HEALTHIER COMMUNITY... EVEN IT TAKES ONE GAMER AT A TIME!
Old 02-21-2012, 08:13 PM   #59
maxxmisery

maxxmisery's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DucknahEireann View Post
Looks like Fable 3 content this week. Was hoping for something better...

Link:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Pr.../dealoftheweek
Great timing! I am just about to the end of Fable 3 and have loved it so far so this deal came just in time for me

I would have paid full price for these add-ons so this is win/win all day long.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:47 PM   #60
Dustinator

Dustinator's Gamercard

Okay, just updated the OP with the DotW items for this week and next

February 21 – 27 “Fable 3”
DLC Add-Ons
Fable III Traitor's Keep Quest Pack - 320 MSP (43% off)
Fable III Understone Quest Pack - 220 MSP (45% off)
Fable III Dog Breed Set - 140 MSP (42% off)

Fable III Reaver Industries Premium Theme - 160 MSP (33% off)
Border Collie - 160 MSP (33% off)

February 28 – March 5 “Gears of War 3”
DLC Add-Ons
Gears of War 3 RAAM’s Shadow: Pack 2 - 800 MSP (33% off)
Gears of War 3 Horde Command Pack - 560 MSP (30% off)
Gears of War 3 Weapon Skin Collection: Launch Collection - 1800 MSP (50% off)
Weapon Skin Bundle - Haze Set - 160 MSP (33% off)
Weapon Skin Bundle - Thunderstorm Animated Set - 160 MSP (50% off)

Cover Barrier - 200 MSP (38% off)
Berserker Pet - 120 MSP (50% off)

Nothing for me the next few weeks. Those that wanted RAAM's Shadow dlc at a discount now is the time. I have no doubt it will go on sale again(and prolly cheaper than 800 too), but I believe if you got it now, it'd be worth the MSP you might save in the future. I don't forsee it going cheaper than 800 till summertime.

Closed Thread