Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #1741
Xtowers

Xtowers's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Slightly sad right now. Xbox Rewards only gave me points to 190. They wouldn't release those last 20 points that I've had for a while, so I won't be getting Geometry Wars like I wanted. I'm a fan of Geometry Wars, so I guess the original can keep me satisfied for a while. Har Har.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:52 AM   #1742
Kankui

Digital Form's Gamercard
I'm trying to decide if I should get I Am Alive. It seems okay, but not crazy good. I need one more game to get all my punches, but don't feel I have to get it, but it'd be nice. I just wish I knew what was the last week sale.

The things I think about it....
Old 04-20-2013, 05:20 PM   #1743
Rinkstah

Rinkstah's Gamercard
i agree and feels the same way about i am alive. I think its the price that makes me wonder to buy it...
Old 04-22-2013, 10:47 AM   #1744
JCDRANZER

JCDRANZER's Gamercard
I got Geometry Wars 2, I am Alive and Black Knight Sword. I might pick up Gotham City Imposters tomorrow before it reverts back to it's original price after I see what the deals are for next week, Tuesday couldn't come any sooner.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:11 AM   #1745
rikib004

I was unsure on getting I Am Alive but succumbed today, haven't played it yet however.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #1746
aspeedomodel

speedo model's Gamercard
Yeah, thinking of getting I Am Alive, at that price it's hard to resist...
Old 04-23-2013, 02:38 AM   #1747
Dustinator

Dustinator's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Hasn't been 100% confirmed as the Deal of the week, but here are the prices showing up on my 360 AND according to xbld.com...Won't know for sure until Major Nelson's announcement tomorrow, but I'd wager good money these are some(if not all) of the items on sale for the upcoming week. http://xbldb.com/offer-history/price...rice-decreases

April 23 - April 29
Arcade
Catan - 320 MSP (60% off)
Carcassonne - 400 MSP (50% off)
From Dust - 480 MSP (60% off)
Kinect Party - 320 MSP (60% off)
Peggle - 320 MSP (60% off)
Plants vs. zombies - 600 MSP (50% off)
Rock of Ages - 320 MSP (60% off)
Quantum Conundrum - 480 MSP (60% off)
Super Puzzle Fighter II - 320 MSP (60% off)

DLC Add-Ons
Peggle - 160 MSP (60% off) *additional 50 gamerscore attainable

I despise multiplayer achievements!!

Last 100% complete - Jetpack Joyride 09/14/14

Old 04-23-2013, 03:17 AM   #1748
Kankui

Digital Form's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustinator View Post
Hasn't been 100% confirmed as the Deal of the week, but here are the prices showing up on my 360 AND according to xbld.com...Won't know for sure until Major Nelson's announcement tomorrow, but I'd wager good money these are some(if not all) of the items on sale for the upcoming week. http://xbldb.com/offer-history/price...rice-decreases

April 23 - April 29
Arcade

DLC Add-Ons
Dang you! You beat me to it! I sometimes just look at a few games that I have been wanting to go on sale and see the current price. I just saw From Dust for 480 and was like holy crap! BUY BUY BUY. So then I came and checked xbldb myself and noticed the same thing. Good work Dustinator!

Last edited by Kankui; 04-23-2013 at 03:27 AM.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:40 AM   #1749
[Waggly Bean]

Waggly Bean's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Awesome, another good set of deals! Was going to get Puzzle Fighter as it's one I've always waited for on deal, but now I think about it isn't it on that Capcom disc? Would rather get that I think.

Might get From Dust and Quantum Conundrum though!

Old 04-23-2013, 09:31 AM   #1750
master_shake_350

Send a message via MSN to master_shake_350 Send a message via Skype™ to master_shake_350

a box of fish's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Woop QC for 480, defiantly gonna get that.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:27 PM   #1751
Dustinator

Dustinator's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Major Nelson has posted the upcoming Deals these next few weeks. Looks like that leaked list are the deals for this week(with Kinect Party being the Kinect Central DotW to be specific). Below are the next few weeks worth o' deals. Glad to see deeper discounts at least. Might bite on From Dust, Catan and Quantum Conundrum http://majornelson.com/2013/04/23/co...arketplace-21/

April 23 - April 29
Arcade

DLC Add-Ons

April 30 - May 6
Arcade
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD - 600 MSP (50% off)
NBA Jam: On Fire Edition - 600 MSP (50% off)
NFL Blitz - 600 MSP (50% off)
XMEN Arcade - 400 MSP (50% off)
Zombie Driver - 400 MSP (50% off)
Pacman CE DX - 400 MSP (50% off)
The Simpson's Arcade - 400 MSP (50% off)
Joe Danger: The Movie - 800 MSP (33% off)
Scott Pilgrim: The Game - 320 MSP (60% off)
Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale - 320 MSP (60% off)
Castlevanie: Symphony of the Night - 320 MSP (60% off)

DLC Add-Ons
Scott Pilgrim: Knives Chau pack - 80 MSP (50% off) *additional 50 gamerscore attainable

April 23 - April 29 "Kinect Central discount" *Open to Silver Members & only is selectable when a Kinect is hooked up to your 360
Arcade

I despise multiplayer achievements!!

Last 100% complete - Jetpack Joyride 09/14/14

Old 04-23-2013, 02:22 PM   #1752
Xtowers

Xtowers's Gamercard

Absolutely get Catan! It is a very fun board game turned seamlessly into a video game.

Old 04-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #1753
Dav13s

Davi3s Lar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
THPS for me when it comes around. Sick.

Cheers to G a c k t for the stolen sig

Check out my eBay stuff
Grammar - The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit
Old 04-23-2013, 02:47 PM   #1754
Kankui

Digital Form's Gamercard
Any one play Daggerdale? For 4 bucks next week, might not be too bad!

I love Catan the board game, but playing against AI or online might take away the fun for me. I might have to stick with playing at the dinner table. I just need to buy it for myself. Maybe Jr when my son gets older
Old 04-23-2013, 05:26 PM   #1755
Didi Mau

Send a message via MSN to Didi Mau

CuriousJewbeard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Gold   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I'll be picking up Peggle (with DLC), Plants vs Zombies, Catan, Simpsons Arcade...and I'm rather tempted to buy Quantum Conundrum and Scott Pilgrim (with DLC). Amazing fortnight!

And the real reason this fortnight is amazing of course is because Castlevania SOTN is on sale! My absolute favourite single player game, I recommend it to anyone who hasn't picked it up yet (I even have a lovely mini-guide over in the sub-forum to help you get the 200g ).
Old 04-23-2013, 06:28 PM   #1756
Capn Doug
Community and Events Lead

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 50 (more» ...)
At least Microsoft is making sure I get my money's worth with the 2% back and the Punch Card. But that backlog just keeps growing. From Dust is definitely getting added this week, but next week is the big one.

Next week I'll be all over the Simpsons and maybe Tony Hawk, Scott Pilgrim and Daggerdale. Plus, it's a new month and a new punch card. Hopefully it isn't a one time thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didi Mau View Post
I'll be picking up Peggle (with DLC), Plants vs Zombies, Catan, Simpsons Arcade...and I'm rather tempted to buy Quantum Conundrum and Scott Pilgrim (with DLC). Amazing fortnight!
Since I know why you're picking up those games, just a word of warning, Catan takes 5 hours of solid 4 player boosting and Peggle is very hard (it's one that I pick up every few months and knock out a few challenges). Plants vs Zombies is awesome, though. 40 Waves is a nice challenge, but very managable.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:47 PM   #1757
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher Send a message via Skype™ to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase House of Horrors Challenge Club - Tier 1   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankui View Post
Any one play Daggerdale? For 4 bucks next week, might not be too bad!
Daggerdale isn't that bad. I played it back when it was free on the Taiwan marketplace, the only problems with it is that it's somewhat of a grind as you have to fully level each of the four character classes and sometimes it can glitch up (something occurred where one of my characters refused to load, at all).

How is that Quantum Conundrum? Isn't it a Portal-esque game that's made by the same people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post
... and Peggle is very hard (it's one that I pick up every few months and knock out a few challenges). Plants vs Zombies is awesome, though. 40 Waves is a nice challenge, but very managable.
I fully agree with this statement. Peggle is a real pain in the ass...and like you, I come back every so often. Well, I used to come back...I have maybe 9 challenges left for the original 200 and I can't just bring myself to do it. Game is so annoying...it's luck based and quite frankly, I don't have a lot of that.

PVP is great fun and not too difficult, though it will require a second controller for a local achievement. The 40 waves can be managed with the right setup (there's pictures/videos online how to set it up) and just requires you keep an eye on your plants, otherwise it autokills everything.

Last edited by TVthePunisher; 04-23-2013 at 07:52 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:46 PM   #1758
Capn Doug
Community and Events Lead

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 50 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVthePunisher View Post
I fully agree with this statement. Peggle is a real pain in the ass...and like you, I come back every so often. Well, I used to come back...I have maybe 9 challenges left for the original 200 and I can't just bring myself to do it. Game is so annoying...it's luck based and quite frankly, I don't have a lot of that.
Yeah, I picked it up again on the weekend to kill some time. Managed to get another 4 or 5 challenges done. I think I'm at 53/75 now. I still need the very high points based achievements and the clear all pegs ones, but at this rate I'll have the game done by the time the XBox 4 comes out. It was the first arcade game I bought, and it has been well worth its price.

People need to pick the game up, but just be aware that it is a real challenge.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:02 AM   #1759
Kankui

Digital Form's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post
At least Microsoft is making sure I get my money's worth with the 2% back and the Punch Card. But that backlog just keeps growing. From Dust is definitely getting added this week, but next week is the big one.

Next week I'll be all over the Simpsons and maybe Tony Hawk, Scott Pilgrim and Daggerdale. Plus, it's a new month and a new punch card. Hopefully it isn't a one time thing.
Next Tuesday is the last day to earn the punches! I wonder though, will that count? Since it takes a few days to register...

I think they will do the punchcards a few times a year, but not every month. That's just my guess though. *shrugs*

I need to spend more MSP. It's the only one I have left. I am thinking about buying Bastion at full price, so I can get the last punch and then it will give me the game for basically 400MSP. (Because you get 800MSP back from all 4 being filled).

Anyone know what the "VIP Exclusives" will be for getting ALL punches?

Last edited by Kankui; 04-25-2013 at 01:06 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:50 AM   #1760
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankui View Post
I think they will do the punchcards a few times a year, but not every month. That's just my guess though. *shrugs*
You have to spend roughly $40 to get $15 back, I don't see any downside for MS.

Have question about game time punchcard.
Does it need to be four different games or can I just idle my console in one?

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler

People tell me I'm weird and that I'm not conventional
Someone asked me what my dream girl is and I told them with a lot of depth but two dimensional
Old 04-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #1761
Xtowers

Xtowers's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnichoj View Post

It can be any game. As long as you have 20 hours of arcade time registered you'll be fine. I got the four punches easily playing mostly Catan and The Walking Dead.

Last edited by Xtowers; 04-25-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #1762
xjarhead1999

xjarhead1999's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnichoj View Post

I only played 2 games to fill out my card so just 1 should work fine.
And it's spending $40 and get $10 back.
People seem to say its a rip off spending 3200 points just to get 800 back. I guess it depends on how you look at it. No matter what its a 25% refund of purchases. I only buy games from the marketplace when they are on sale. I would need to sit down and figure it to be exact but I feel like this month I got a lot for very little.
Games I got were around 50% off. 3200 points spent would be about 6400 worth of games. Considering the 800 points back it would be around $80 worth of arcade games I got for $30. Then ill also get a 1% refund anyway.

I know I spent more than 3200 points on arcade games. I also used 1200 for the newest black ops maps. My guess is I used over 5000 points so far this month. As far as what I spent out if pocket then that would be $10. I didn't have enough points on my account for the map pack at the time. Other than that Bing rewards bought all the points for me. If I waited a few days I wouldn't have spent that. Right now I have almost 1500 points on my account and will have 1200 more by end of month.

As far as im concerned the punchcard deal is great. Its just more free points ill get to buy more stuff.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:18 PM   #1763
Blind x360a

Send a message via AIM to Blind x360a

Blind Ragee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Tournament - Second Place   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
So if you buy the games that are normally over 800 do I get the punch?

Reason being, I need 2 more to get 800 pts back, and I was thinking poker night 2 and plants vs zombies were needed. But pvz prolly won't count and I'll have to get even another one.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:35 PM   #1764
xjarhead1999

xjarhead1999's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind x360a View Post
So if you buy the games that are normally over 800 do I get the punch?

Reason being, I need 2 more to get 800 pts back, and I was thinking poker night 2 and plants vs zombies were needed. But pvz prolly won't count and I'll have to get even another one.
You have to spend 800 points for each punch. If you buy a game on sale for 400 you still have to spend 400 more to get the punch. Its not based on the price of the games, its based on how much you spend
Old 04-25-2013, 06:41 PM   #1765
Blind x360a

Send a message via AIM to Blind x360a

Blind Ragee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Tournament - Second Place   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjarhead1999 View Post
You have to spend 800 points for each punch. If you buy a game on sale for 400 you still have to spend 400 more to get the punch. Its not based on the price of the games, its based on how much you spend
Ahh. So if I grabbed from dust, plants vs zombies and poker night 2 I would earn the reward. Makes more sense at least that way. Thank you for clearing that up for me.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:02 PM   #1766
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher Send a message via Skype™ to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase House of Horrors Challenge Club - Tier 1   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
I guess it got buried in what I said before ;>_> I'll ask again, before the sale ends (I'll be away for the weekend): is Quantum Conundrum worth it if I liked Portal?
Old 04-26-2013, 01:41 AM   #1767
Kankui

Digital Form's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVthePunisher View Post
I guess it got buried in what I said before ;>_> I'll ask again, before the sale ends (I'll be away for the weekend): is Quantum Conundrum worth it if I liked Portal?
I too would like to know this!
Old 04-26-2013, 02:10 AM   #1768
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtowers View Post
It can be any game. As long as you have 20 hours of arcade time registered you'll be fine. I got the four punches easily playing mostly Catan and The Walking Dead.
I have so many arcade games but don't feel like playing any of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjarhead1999 View Post
And it's spending $40 and get $10 back.
You forgot the free month mang, that's about $5 if a three month is $15.

Conundrum is good, get it.

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler

People tell me I'm weird and that I'm not conventional
Someone asked me what my dream girl is and I told them with a lot of depth but two dimensional
Old 04-26-2013, 07:06 PM   #1769
Rinkstah

Rinkstah's Gamercard
Does anyone know there`s a chanche RE Veronica hd is going up for deal of the week anytime soon> (release revelations?)

Completely forgot to pick it up last February
Old 04-26-2013, 09:39 PM   #1770
Kunduz

Herr Karamell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Nice! Quantum Conundrum on sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
In that case, people will have to download more RAM for it. Consoles have come a long way since they first appeared, so this is very possible.
Closed Thread