PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Black Ops
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-21-2011, 08:25 AM   #1
Manifestation

tushion's Gamercard
Kino Der Toten Knocking sound Is actualy part of an easter egg. (help required)

I dont know if anyone else has found this but so far im the only one who has thus far uploaded a video to youtube. ive seen videos about the knocking noise but not about this.
Now first off i was just messing around since i only just found it there was an ascension easter egg that resulted in all players recieving a death machine i thought i might experiment with other maps.
SOOO i found the knocking video and thought id mess around with that.
at first nothing happened. But then i shot at each of the little red power boxes. some of them are well hidden.
i think theres about six in all.
Then when i went back i decided to mess around in the area with the knocking sound i tried everything scaling rooms shooting walls mirrors bulb lights etc threw grenades in etc
Then i threw a C4 Monkey down right at the window that the knocking sound came from and a voice played ( the same eerie voice from the box ) talking about the monkey, repeatedly. during this time the knocking stopped.
Now i want to know if anyone else has found this and if they have found anything more to do with it.
i have theories but id need a team of people with mic's to try them out.

If you want proof about this then i have a video on youtube and ill post a link if need be. but if it has already been discovered then help would be much appreciated
Manifestation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 10:03 AM   #2
swellow99

Coconutman99's Gamercard
I would like to see the video please,
It may give me a reason to play that map again because it became boring.
I knew there had to be some easter eggs that weren't found yet.
I just wish that Treyarch will tell us all the easter eggs they have put in zombies when MW3 comes out, even the real small easter eggs, cause i know there are still easter eggs unfounded.

"Sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand"

"I show the smile that others wish to see, Because they do not know the real me."
swellow99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:15 AM   #3
abstract1620

harry coinshlot's Gamercard
holy crap! im a born skeptic, so i thought this guy was full of bs. I went to youtube and searched his GT and kino and found what im pretty sure is his video

Never heard a zombie say that before. I havent speant alot of time on kino though. I have a hard time believing there is something on kino that has gone unnoticed for this long, but that was a lil weird.

OP - did you try throwing any monkeys through the window? was the crawler anywhere near you when this happened? Ive heard zombies respond to a MB before but nothing like that.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:24 AM   #4
Coadster1

Coadster1 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Very interesting. ^ Thanks for the video! That is weird, I've never heard of that before, but it looks like you are the first to discover it. I wonder what other secrets remain hidden.

Seriously 3.0 (4/17/12)
Unlocking Seriously 3.0 (Click)

1 - HELL Difficulty Mode Cleared. (9/3/12)
(Achievement to hit 100K)
Hitting 100,000 GamerScore (Click)

TrueAchievements
Coadster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:03 PM   #5
Ragnarok1986

Ragnarok1986's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
So it's a Zombie down there for sure. Is the weapon that turns them into human on this or only COTD?

Follow me on Twitter
Ragnarok1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:11 PM   #6
Fabioo

Royalfakedog's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarok1986 View Post
So it's a Zombie down there for sure. Is the weapon that turns them into human on this or only COTD?
Only on CotD. But nice find OP!
Fabioo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:53 PM   #7
Manifestation

tushion's Gamercard
Yeah that is my video sorry i should have posted it myself, I should note that the zombie (or whatever it is) because if you remember the speech from the scientist with the video tapes he talks about a experiment were a zombie retains some human qualities so maybe this *creature* could be it, makes the sound 4 times so far as ive done it on solo and done poorly because ive spent all my money opening all doors and not getting perks.

Im glad its been recognised and i am the first to find this.
It would be good if someone else tried doing this and telling me what if they found anything else
because it would not speak until i shot at all the red electrical boxes.

Oh and the crawler was still down the isle of chairs in the theatre when this was going on so it wasnt the crawler.

If possible having one or two people getting to this point with me and trying to figure out anything more would be great.
Mic's only of course
Old 08-21-2011, 02:12 PM   #8
abstract1620

how many non functional red boxes are there and where are they. I remember seeing a post a long time ago from a guy who thought he was on to something with these red boxes.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:14 PM   #9
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
How funny would it be if this whole time we've been doing easter eggs on these new maps there's been one in our faces the whole time.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:46 PM   #10
Manifestation

tushion's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by abstract1620 View Post
how many non functional red boxes are there and where are they. I remember seeing a post a long time ago from a guy who thought he was on to something with these red boxes.
Sorry for the crappy photo quality i just took these from my mobile.

Okay the first one is here right in the beginning remember to shoot dont knife itll emit some blue smoke once you shoot it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The next one is the first door you unlock for 750 points downstairs
shoot it a few times to take out this red box

This room has 2 red box's its the room with the weird knocking sound and the mp5k its through the other zombie wall one of them is to the right and the other is straight ahead to the left it looks darker than the red one but shoot it anyway

See the blue smoke coming out of it? surely treyarch wouldnt put these in As interactibles without some sort of reason. or maybe they did for annoying purposes

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (sorry this one hasnt come out well

the last two are in the theatre. in opposite ends of the room were the two zombie walls are.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us right next to the teleporter

and the other is right in the other direction

now im sure that there is another in the alleyway it didnt affect the zombies noises in the knocking room but you can shoot that aswell.
Im pretty sure there is some link between these boxes the paintings of your individual characters and the zombie talking about the monkey.

Last edited by Manifestation; 08-21-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:24 PM   #11
Lee71

fatsponge's Gamercard
It sounds like the monkey bomb itself talking. It says "your not Sam" referring to Samantha. Of course the cymbal monkey was one of her toys that most likely Edward strapped explosives to. They is radio, not sure which map, that as the recorder is making his recording, a knocking on a door interrupts him. Pieces of the puzzle.
Lee71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:26 PM   #12
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
That'd be cool if there was an easter egg here... you never know. Ascension had one despite there not being achievements for it... five and Kino might have one.

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:31 PM   #13
Dusty2010

Could the voice be Sam? I actually never noticed that one of the things the monkey says is "you're not Sam" and the voice sounds deep enough to be Sam imo.

This would be so epic if a Kino EE has gone this long unnoticed
Dusty2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:42 PM   #14
xCGIx PUNISHER

xpunskis's Gamercard

It would definitely make sense for there to be an easter egg. I mean there have been these "big" easter eggs on every zombie map from Der Riese to Moon, so it seems strange for Treyarch to not put one in Kino.

My guess is, you're on to something with the red boxes, but the monkey bomb thing doesn't seem relevant to me. Has anyone tested whether or not that voice always happens?
xCGIx PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:53 PM   #15
Manifestation

tushion's Gamercard
I am going to test it out.
Im currently playing through kino now although ive spent over 20k and not a single monkey bomb from the box yet damn thing.

It would be great if the map had an easter egg that had been missed for so long.

Five is a map not many people play through mainly due to the pentagon theif so i doubt its been explored thoroughly enough to tell if there is an easter egg or not

Itd be great also if someone else could try this out besides myself.
Shoot all red box's shown grab C4 monkey and throw it in the desired location
Old 08-21-2011, 06:10 PM   #16
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

throw a monkey through the window instead of besides of it

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:13 PM   #17
R3D DRAG0N 94

Flamethrower 42's Gamercard
Maybe later on those film reels might have a use after all...
R3D DRAG0N 94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:13 PM   #18
Manifestation

tushion's Gamercard
I did it does nothing. I even tried aiming one through the door in the window and ontop of the chests
Old 08-21-2011, 06:24 PM   #19
R3D DRAG0N 94

Flamethrower 42's Gamercard
Maybe after you do the monkey thing you need to interact with the monkey bomb on the bed in that bedroom through the teleporter? The way the map is and those random teleportation rooms does make it look like there's an easter egg hidden away. I would look for stuff but my xbox doesn't want to read the disc.
R3D DRAG0N 94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:41 PM   #20
Manifestation

tushion's Gamercard
thats a really good point if only i could get the damn monkeys out of the box its really taking the mick!
well ill look into it if your game ends up reading the disk invite me and i shall play.
Maybe throwing monkey bombs in these teleportatio rooms could do something as you would leave before your bomb would go off.
Many speculations over this monkey bomb
Old 08-21-2011, 07:09 PM   #21
AerialCash

Psycho Lobster's Gamercard
Maybe the voice is Maxis (samatha's father) or Fluffy
AerialCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 10:36 PM   #22
abstract1620

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Kin...els_and_Radios

Heres a link to the Zombies wikia page for Kino's film reels and radios

Maybe its subject two-six. I know the last radio says that he was killed, but it also says that his break in programming coincided with a fire alarm. I know the theater is kinda old for a fire alarm, but I cant think of another reason a building has red boxes on the walls. There are way more boxes than traps. Also, the last radio ends with someone knocking.

That aside, I think we need to start looking at the big picture. So far, weve seen we can interact with the following:

The red boxes

The charecters pictures

The knocking zombie

The radios

The filmreels

and the 3 metiors that start the song, which are probably unrelated.

Now its a question of how we can interact with them and in what order to see what kind of different outcomes we might produce. Maybe there are more things we can interact with we havent found yet, and maybe there are things we cant interact with until other things have been completed.

Im interested, but I generally dont play until after 10pm EST. But Id love to get a party of 4 together to scoure the map.

Last edited by abstract1620; 08-21-2011 at 10:38 PM.
abstract1620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 10:46 PM   #23
Manifestation

tushion's Gamercard
Thats interesting but adding to the fact theres a talking zombie theres more to it than i thought.
no one really thought about giant easter eggs only became apparent when call of the dead came around then ascension had one so who knows.

I dont know what time it is were you are but add my tag and we shall have a round.

I need one or two more people to join anyway!
test these theories out.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:00 PM   #24
Steve9213

steve9213's Gamercard
I love that there could still be an Easter egg on kino it makes it exciting again after already playing it so much. That knocking has to be something, because since the original release, all the dlc zombies have involved someone being trapped. I think that no one really caught on so in ascension they made slightly more obvious by having gersh speak to you and ask for help. The same format then followed in cotd and shangri la.

Just recently I also read a statement from treyarch saying that there are still things that have not been discovered in every map going back to nacht der untoton though I can't remember the source I will have to look round and post it later.

Steve9213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:36 PM   #25
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve9213 View Post
I love that there could still be an Easter egg on kino it makes it exciting again after already playing it so much. That knocking has to be something, because since the original release, all the dlc zombies have involved someone being trapped. I think that no one really caught on so in ascension they made slightly more obvious by having gersh speak to you and ask for help. The same format then followed in cotd and shangri la.

Just recently I also read a statement from treyarch saying that there are still things that have not been discovered in every map going back to nacht der untoton though I can't remember the source I will have to look round and post it later.
Exactly. We're might be on to something. :]

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:06 PM   #26
Manifestation

tushion's Gamercard
Update!

The weird sound isnt only comprised to that spot!

once youve heard the radios and clips enough it will do the sound in most places as a friend threw a monkey in the spawn room and it still made the noise
Maybe it is the zombies talking to it.
But oddly enough how would they talk when they were all dead and the only living one was on the opposite end of kino?
in the radio or video clip there is mention of the light and sound of the alarm. Maybe there is an interactive alarm somewere on the map or in the teleport rooms

another thing there is a clock in the pack and punch room.
the moving finger seems to be going backwards. but the time is still inevitable going forwards.
Each time you teleport the timer goes up by five or ten minutes

still much to be found!
Old 08-22-2011, 05:15 PM   #27
Brawl Kirby

Brawl Kirby's Gamercard
This thread is so saved lol

Ima try this out later today since the idea with the monkey in the bed room could be something
Brawl Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:52 PM   #28
Mallardbro

Mallardbro's Gamercard
This has stole some of my excitement from the moon map pack tomorrow! Just imagine it! With the easter eggs getting longer, the one in kino may be relatively small but still very interesting is it possible that treyarch added this with updates?

Completed 1000G games (with DLC): Alone in the Dark, Battlefield: Bad Co. 2, Call of Duty 4, Call of Duty: WaW, Dante's Inferno, King Kong, Modern Warfare 2, Quantum of Solace, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (1345G), X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
Mallardbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:42 PM   #29
Manifestation

tushion's Gamercard
If anyone could get into contact with Treyarch and find anything out ask them about kino about the zombies making those sounds.
The radios the clips etc it would be great. i dont know how or were to do so otherwise i would.

Thinking about it all interactable things on Shangrila Call of the dead and ascension *besides the asian dolls* had meaning to a bigger easter egg.

So it would make sense that Kino and Five should have one
Plus with Five being such a difficult zombie map i can see that theres plenty of things we have yet to discover on it
Old 08-22-2011, 06:53 PM   #30
Efase

Efase's Gamercard
I don't think its the zombies that are talking, I think its actually Samantha, who is the same as the voice from the box.

Nice find by the way!

Thanks a lot to Gackt

The blog where I write Please drop by
Efase is offline   Reply With Quote